PDA

View Full Version : General VX question

rjbuiso
07/30/2009, 04:34 PM
I have been wanting to buy a VX for a long time, but I have always been concerned with one issue; that is If I got in a wreck how do I find spare body parts? My understanding is that I would need to find a VX that someone is selling as parts. I understand that the mechanics are like a Trouper but the body is quite unique. Can anyone help ease my woes?

circmand
07/30/2009, 04:45 PM
the cost of buying a unique vehicle is scarce parts. The VX shares a lot with the rodeo but body parts is not one. You scrounge hope and pray and if things go bad you sell your parts

nfpgasmask
07/30/2009, 04:45 PM
There really is no easing those woes. Part of having this super unique, wickedly awesome vehicle, is that you will have trouble finding body parts, or at least go broke replacing them should something happen. The rarity of the vehicle plus the fact that Isuzu is no longer selling passenger cars in the US, will mean that insurance companies will be quick to total a wrecked VX anyhow, so also take that into consideration. Its only going to get worse as time goes by.

However, you only live once, and if you go through life worrying about getting in an accident, you probably should drive something boring anyhow. The way I look at it, if something happens to my VX, I will just buy another. And if I decide not to, well, at least I had several great years of VX ownership and enjoyment to look back on.

My point is, even if my VX was THE ONLY ONE in the world, I still wouldn't worry about it. Cherish the past, plan for tomorrow, but live for NOW!

Now go find a VX.

:) Bart

PS - This coming from someone who bought an Australian Falcon with ZERO parts availability in the US, so.... :rolleyes:

blacksambo
07/30/2009, 07:13 PM
A VX is rare. Parts are not an issue if cost is no object. They exist in Japan, where they were originally made, and require a wait to ship to the USA. So if that's not a problem, go VX. If it is, there are plenty of JEEP parts available...but then you will look like everybody else. You decide.

Ldub
07/31/2009, 12:18 AM
Yep, what them fellers said right there, is pretty much bottom line...:cool:

You have to be ready, willing, & able to do whatever it takes to have one of these little monsters in the stable...:naughty:

Get one, drive it & enjoy!

Making prudent decisions with regard to it's upkeep will reward you with many a pleasurable mile, worrying about this or that, won't change a thing...:luck:

Riff Raff
07/31/2009, 01:14 AM
If I got in a wreck how do I find spare body parts?

The solution is easy-- just don't get in a wreck and you'll be fine (both of you).

You can always score many spare parts during the Winter months, as fellow VX'ers love to total their VX's during that specific time-frame (I guess it's some sort of tradition). Last Winter, VX's were permantently dropping like flies and flooded us survivors with many a spare part.