PDA

View Full Version : Curiosity - Any significance on 5/6/06 @ 3:48am??

lasturbo
07/30/2009, 01:06 PM
I was just "hanging out" on the sight today and it always caught my attention that "The most users ever online was 274, 05/06/2006 at 03:48 AM." Was it just a helluva night or what was the significance on that very early morning and time??? Once again, Curiosity.....

:_thinking :?:

Ldub
07/30/2009, 01:24 PM
IIRC...that was when the site had been down for a bit, due to a malicious cyber attack, & the subsequent repairs/upgrades.
When the Boss got er back up & runnin', we were all there waiting..

:LineWave:...:dance:.:dan_ban:.:dance:... :LineWave:

The withdrawls were quite bad...:_crying:

VX KAT
07/30/2009, 01:25 PM
I've wondered that same thing! Was it a just ton of web spiders?

Ldub
07/30/2009, 01:33 PM
Nope, some little punk had some unkind words for Moncha,(VX ugly, POS,...yadda-yadda-ya...:rolleyesg) the Boss was willing to agree to disagree, but spoiled little turd boy decided to kick it up a notch, & retaliated by hacking the site...:upsetgray

This is all from the very sketchy memory of yours truly, so if anyone remembers it different, please put your two cents in below...:thanx:

VXorado
07/30/2009, 05:07 PM
I wonder if we could ever break the RECORD? Right now there are 11 members and guests online, only 263 more to go. Quick everyone, log on NOW :laugho:

iamironman
07/30/2009, 07:00 PM
LOL... I'd always wondered about it too... my theory had been that since it was May, it was like a day or few before the Moab trip and that many were logged on at once for a last hurrah before leaving for Utah, OR that it was during Moab and it was a combo of people at home and people at Moab all logged on at once sharing/bragging stories. Just my theory tho... so go ahead... make fun of it... lol

:bwgy::smilewink:bgwo::bgwb:

Ldub
07/30/2009, 08:55 PM
This is all from the very sketchy memory of yours truly, so if anyone remembers it different, please put your two cents in below...:thanx:

Now that I've had some sleep, this might have been a scheduled upgrade when the site was down, & we all had a rough estimate of when it would be back up.

The other incident happened, but it was before the site upgrade, and was also a contributing factor in the Boss's decision to upgrade the functionality/security of our Home sweet Home...:heart:

tomdietrying
07/30/2009, 10:34 PM
I don't know...................3:48 A.M.? I know we love this site but 274 of us at 3:48 A.M.?????

Is there anyone here that made that historic record gathering?

Peace.
Tom

Ldub
07/30/2009, 10:40 PM
I don't know...................3:48 A.M.? I know we love this site but 274 of us at 3:48 A.M.?????

Is there anyone here that made that historic record gathering?

Peace.
Tom

It was 0548 here in ND...I was there...:dan_ban:

lasturbo
07/31/2009, 09:40 AM
I was not around at the time of the current record (No VX in the garage at that time), but I usually hang around between 11:00pm-1:00am and see the Dubster hanging out too but 3:48am...I am beddy bye!! Interesting feedback. Records are made to be broken.....

pbkid
07/31/2009, 03:18 PM
pretty sure i had my VX....but i dont have a clue if i was online...