PDA

View Full Version : Front speaker question.

Dumke
07/29/2009, 07:30 PM
OK "D" is for dummy or Dumke in this case :p .

OK so I bought new component speakers. Yes I did do a search on the matter andnothing in jack thread or the few others.

So to my question. I have sevral wires comming through grommit<sp> in door. I have 2 to a tweeter which is located in the tweeter spot. My confusion is the 4 wires that plug into the 2 way speaker in the front door.

I have these speakers:

Infinity Kappa 60.9cs
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_108609CS/Infinity-Kappa-60-9cs.html?tp=106

OK well now to my question lol. What would be the easiest way to wire these? As two of them have to come from radio to crossover then crossover to one speaker crossover to tweater. I do not have a amp and will be feeding teh power via the head unit but which wire? RED? GREEN? (sorry just had a A.D.D moment of thinking its a bomb :p )

So any help would be apreciated :D

EDIT:: OK can this be moved to troubleshooting area please I posted it wrong lol.. TY :)

Riff Raff
07/29/2009, 07:59 PM
Give Customer Technical Support at "Crutchfield" a call on their toll-free number. They should be able to answer all of your questions quicky and precisely.:yes:

Dumke
07/29/2009, 08:06 PM
Well I bought them from ebay which was cheaper :D . Just used crutchfield because was easier to find a picture of them. lol

Riff Raff
07/29/2009, 08:27 PM
Well I bought them from ebay which was cheaper :D . Just used crutchfield because was easier to find a picture of them. lol

Ooops, I guess your C.T.S. from Crutchfield just flew out the window.:_crying:

Gussie2000
07/29/2009, 08:43 PM
OK "D" is for dummy or Dumke in this case :p .

OK so I bought new component speakers. Yes I did do a search on the matter andnothing in jack thread or the few others.

So to my question. I have sevral wires comming through grommit<sp> in door. I have 2 to a tweeter which is located in the tweeter spot. My confusion is the 4 wires that plug into the 2 way speaker in the front door.

I have these speakers:

Infinity Kappa 60.9cs
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_108609CS/Infinity-Kappa-60-9cs.html?tp=106

OK well now to my question lol. What would be the easiest way to wire these? As two of them have to come from radio to crossover then crossover to one speaker crossover to tweater. I do not have a amp and will be feeding teh power via the head unit but which wire? RED? GREEN? (sorry just had a A.D.D moment of thinking its a bomb :p )

So any help would be apreciated :D

EDIT:: OK can this be moved to troubleshooting area please I posted it wrong lol.. TY :)

Hi dumke !

All you have to do is ID which is the + & the - wires.

If you remove one of the speakers & look very close @ the where you plug the harness to the speaker you can see the + and the - signs over it.

By ID the signs you can know which is positive & the negative wires.If you did get the 3-way speaker you wouldn't need to use the tweeters.

The reason the four wires are coming from the harness & plug into the speaker is because the same signal that feed the speakers also feeds the tweeters.

etlsport
07/29/2009, 09:49 PM
ahh i havent been in there in a while, i cant remember, but when i did mine, i just took the tweeter pod out real quick, took a look at what color wires were feeding the tweeters and voila, i knew what was coming from the head unit to the components

deermagnet
07/30/2009, 05:41 AM
From the '99 electrical manual-

http://www.drivehq.com/file/df.aspx/publish/mgpa/vx3/vxspeak.gif

Mark