View Full Version : Tri-state & PA Meet (chapter II) Cancelled

Gussie2000
07/28/2009, 07:55 PM
Following the excelent meet on july the 25th in rockaway,NJ here's another opportunity on october the 24th to beat the record for the most gathered VX'ers in the northeast region ( 12 ).

This time the idea is to have a huge VX convoy & organize an VX BBQ'd meet @ a camping area or park that offers the infraestructure so we can bring along the wife,kids & pets.

Now the task is to beat that 12 VX'ers record & make history.

Members of NY,NJ,CT & PA along with other states in the northeast region step foward & lets make this happen.

Gussie2000
08/04/2009, 07:44 AM
To all members in the tri state area & PA this is the call.
November 08th is day to get out there (again) & find your self meeting with other members & spend a nice day.

Let's do it guys

Gussie2000
08/05/2009, 04:04 PM
Come on my fellow VX'ers from NY,NJ,CT & PA.

If you were unable to assist the last meet for any reason here's another opportunity & the call is for november 08th.

Put aside the apathy & ride along with the rest of us;You deserve it. :yesy:

Gussie2000
08/27/2009, 04:08 PM
Hey guys !

Now t's time to look up for some potential locations to hold the meet.

I'm considering that delaware river area should offer what we looking for to have a good time.

Please drop in here your proposed location with much info as possible;We looking to organized a BBQ so a area suitable to do so is more likely to be considered.

Again all members let's get out there & show your enthusiasm for this little toy that we all love.

Gussie2000
09/07/2009, 08:24 PM
Where are you guys ? :confused:

Wonder if more of us will be coming.

C'mmon guys......sign up, it's free :p

etlsport
09/14/2009, 07:00 AM
ill be there more than likely.. just need a time/place... closer to philly would be ideal for me this time ;Db;

Gussie2000
09/14/2009, 07:16 PM
The delaware river area should be just perfect if we still have the BBQ idea up.

Otherwise an mall or shopping centre should be just fine.

All input are welcome guys,drop some words in here. :yesy:

Beavertractors
09/14/2009, 08:34 PM
Is Paragon off road area still open?:confused:Or how about Foxwoods in CT????:bgwo: TonyB

etlsport
09/16/2009, 09:21 AM
nah paragon is closed.. there is rausch creek.. but that more central PA.. although might be able to entice pittsburgh area members to come out..

Gussie2000
09/16/2009, 11:46 AM
Is Paragon off road area still open?:confused:Or how about Foxwoods in CT????:bgwo: TonyB

Hey tony !

Can you share some light about the paragon off road area is all about ?
Sounds appealling to me though,specially if there's a picnic area for BBQ's

On other topic choosing a location near the NJ/PA border should be highly considered this time.
I also hope CT members embrace this meeting,same goes to more PA members,south NJ & NYC VX'ers

The 1rst meet was excelent & well done,for those whom went that day we realized how good is to get together & having a good time;For those members whom choose to stay away or weren't able to come along due circunstancies please join us.You would not regreat it at all.

Gussie2000
09/20/2009, 10:35 AM
I guess a meal at a mall is the way to go.

Sorry james (Mrbadguy) can't make it this time.

Hoping more fellow members join us.

thru da lungs
09/22/2009, 04:52 PM
Would a date change bring in more guys? Different location?
What about joining in with a larger meet... open to all vehicles? we can grab a section and line up for "take-off":_thinking

Gary

Gussie2000
09/22/2009, 05:43 PM
Would a date change bring in more guys? Different location?
What about joining in with a larger meet... open to all vehicles? we can grab a section and line up for "take-off":_thinking

Gary

Hi gary !

I guess it's possible a change in the date.

Open to all vehicules ? why not ?

Let's see what the gang says about it.

What about november 07th or the 14th. ?

Mr.Badguy
09/25/2009, 05:27 PM
A change of date would be good for me. I was not able to go this time because my store is having a grand opening that weekend and i was expected to be there. how about an early November weekend? I have no idea what the fall colors would be like that late.. but we could take a drive along the delaware river starting at the water gap. we could meet at Kittatiny point, where there is plenty of parking and there are some bbq grates there as well. then head north along the Old Mine Rd, where there are more places to stop and see... head north to High Point in NJ or continue to NY? Just ideas....

Gussie2000
09/26/2009, 07:48 PM
A change of date would be good for me. I was not able to go this time because my store is having a grand opening that weekend and i was expected to be there. how about an early November weekend? I have no idea what the fall colors would be like that late.. but we could take a drive along the delaware river starting at the water gap. we could meet at Kittatiny point, where there is plenty of parking and there are some bbq grates there as well. then head north along the Old Mine Rd, where there are more places to stop and see... head north to High Point in NJ or continue to NY? Just ideas....

Ok, I guess a poll can help us decide the best time & day for this meet.

Congrats on the new business james.

Really want everyone to come along.

What about november 07th or 14th ?

thru da lungs
09/28/2009, 05:05 PM
Mr.Badguy .... I stopped in the new store a few days ago .. looks BIGGER/BRIGHTER .... did not see the VX in the lot.

Funny you should mention Old Mine Road.... just got back from there a few minutes ago... was up there all day hunting ... just north of the Dingmans Bridge.:)

Gustavo .... anytime is good for me... fall foliage is best in 2-3 weeks or so:yeso:

Lets shoot for the Time and Place where most folks can make it..... LETS GO FOR THE RECORD!!!!

etlsport
09/28/2009, 08:10 PM
lookin iffy for me guys.. weekends are the busiest time at work.. and between my triathalon, best friends wedding/bachelor party and charity bike race i had to take 4 weekends in a row off.. needless to say my manager is not happy with me.. hopefully i can find time to make it, but not looking good

Gussie2000
09/29/2009, 05:14 AM
lookin iffy for me guys.. weekends are the busiest time at work.. and between my triathalon, best friends wedding/bachelor party and charity bike race i had to take 4 weekends in a row off.. needless to say my manager is not happy with me.. hopefully i can find time to make it, but not looking good

Any weekend is Ok for me guys.

You guys can choose the better date so every one of us can make it.

Gussie2000
10/04/2009, 08:26 PM
Any suggestion on change of date guys ?

What about moving the event for october 31rst or november the 7th.

We haven't choose a location so far but somewhere near the watergap could work for us

Gussie2000
10/07/2009, 04:27 PM
:bump:

Bumpy bump

Mr.Badguy
10/08/2009, 07:35 PM
The 7th works for me.

Mr.Badguy
10/08/2009, 07:43 PM
thru da lungs, thanks for stopping by the store. it is bigger and brighter. you probably stopped by on a tues or weds when i'm off and the vehicross isn't there. I would have remembered you anyway if i was there.

I'm hoping we can get everyone together for a fall meet, before the craziness of the holidays which are coming fast. we need everyone's input to make this happen. early November i think is the best.

Gussie2000
10/09/2009, 05:07 PM
Ok,so the 7th sounds ok for every buddy looking foward to get out there ?

Gussie2000
10/13/2009, 10:57 AM
Hello guys !

If there's a concensus i propose the tri-state & PA meet scheduled on october 24th is now rescheduled to november 07th if this date works for all members that confirmed their assistance & for those whom haven't do so far

With this proposed change of date we all need to reconfirm our intention to attend the meet if this day is Ok
I also thought november 08th which is sunday can also be OK,but again guys you all need to reconfirm your assistance.

I also want to heard from all of you some locations you consider could work for a meet.
We also need to choose between having a BBQ at a camping area or park that offers some light trails so we can convoy for a while or having a nice meal at a restaurant at any near by mall or shopping centre.

Here's my number : 718 314 3767 call me any time you guys want.My cell is on 24\7 but please,no booty calls LOL

I want to encourage our connecticut members to step foward & join us.

etlsport
10/13/2009, 11:16 AM
sundays are easier for me, but im not 100% sure about the drive up there

Gussie2000
10/13/2009, 02:46 PM
My bid goes to meeting more central instead of upstate NJ this time.

thru da lungs
10/14/2009, 06:27 PM
Sunday is better for me too ...... don't really care where we do it!
Gustavo, get a map throw a dart at it and where ever it hits that's the place:) ..... if we wait too long the leaves are going to be gone... we have some nice color right now...... next week we should be near peak.

I haven't washed or done a thing to my ride since we last met:o

thru da lungs
10/16/2009, 05:39 PM
OK ...bad idea with the Map & the Dart:p but I'm not hearing any other suggestions......:?:
Is everyone using the "map" feature on this site..... that way we can see where the middle would be for everyone and use that for a starting point?

OR .....perhaps there is no interest at this time? Either way lets hear it so nobody wastes any more time on this.....

Gussie2000
10/16/2009, 06:57 PM
OK ...bad idea with the Map & the Dart:p but I'm not hearing any other suggestions......:?:
Is everyone using the "map" feature on this site..... that way we can see where the middle would be for everyone and use that for a starting point?

OR .....perhaps there is no interest at this time? Either way lets hear it so nobody wastes any more time on this.....

I tried the dart over the map....:freek: man i ended up targeting my girlfriend's teddy bear.....SHHHHHHHHHHH. i'll be a dead man is she knows about it :p

Sunday i'll spend some time looking at NJ to find a cool place for us.

I guess the mall scenario is the way to go.

Sunday evening i'll update the thread :yesy:

etlsport
10/16/2009, 08:11 PM
central jersey would work for me.. not real familiar with the area.. but with some notice, the lady and i should be able to swing a sunday

tom4bren
10/17/2009, 05:27 AM
Wifey & I are taking a romantic trip for 2 that weekend. I'll hafta bow out on this trip.

I'm gonna start planning a trip to Chincotigue next spring tho. I'll start a thread on that trip as soon as I make some reservations.

Enjoy your trip.

Tom

Gussie2000
10/19/2009, 06:31 PM
Wifey & I are taking a romantic trip for 2 that weekend. I'll hafta bow out on this trip.

I'm gonna start planning a trip to Chincotigue next spring tho. I'll start a thread on that trip as soon as I make some reservations.

Enjoy your trip.

Tom

Thank you for considering coming tom.

Next year we gonna try having another meet & hope you can make it :yesgray:

Have a wonderfull journey & greetings to the wifey :)

Gussie2000
10/19/2009, 08:13 PM
Yesterday as promised i googled the state of NJ for a good location to meet again.

After considering few cities i came up with the city of trenton,although i haven't found a specific place there.

During the week i'll focus on finding a good spot there to define every thing guys.

The roll call is for november 08th at 1:00pm

Gussie2000
10/23/2009, 11:05 AM
November 08th @ 1:00pm is the date & time in the city of trenton,NJ.

Location will be posted this weekend.

Two more weeks to go guys.

etlsport
10/23/2009, 12:16 PM
I've got the day off, so barring any catastrophes ill be there

Mr.Badguy
10/26/2009, 04:20 PM
here is a new idea for a trip to trenton. How about Washington's crossing state park. there are plenty of picnic pavilions, and lots to do on both sides of the river. Just an idea.

Gussie2000
10/26/2009, 04:52 PM
here is a new idea for a trip to trenton. How about Washington's crossing state park. there are plenty of picnic pavilions, and lots to do on both sides of the river. Just an idea.

Why not ?

Anything just to have some fun :p

I suppossed to have the location this weekend,but this can ease my duty ;)

On my behalf i'm ok with that :yesy:

Gussie2000
10/28/2009, 07:20 PM
Guys i found a good location to catch up prior to going to washigton crossing state park.

There's medium size mall named independance plaza located @ 2465 south broad street in trenton where we can all meet up & plan our next move.

The shopping center offers a good bunch of stores,restaurant's & venues where we can chill for an minute 'till we all ready to head out.

If you guys are ok we can move the time from 01:00pm to 11:00 if it works.

Otto
11/02/2009, 07:37 AM
Hi, I have not heard any thing about the meet this Sunday, is it still on?

Gussie2000
11/02/2009, 11:56 AM
Hi, I have not heard any thing about the meet this Sunday, is it still on?

Oh yes otto,it is on.

I would like the ' may be status ' members to answer & confirm.

Crzyfool,spike,badguy & the rest of you guys please let's see what you got to say.

etlsport
11/02/2009, 03:49 PM
ive been so busy lately im fuzzy on the details... its sunday in trenton NJ.. where are we meeting and what time?

Gussie2000
11/02/2009, 04:22 PM
ive been so busy lately im fuzzy on the details... its sunday in trenton NJ.. where are we meeting and what time?

Eric we all should be @ 2465 south broad street. ( Independance plaza ) is the location @ 1:00 Pm.But if you guys all OK we can move the time earlier,let's say 11:00pm

Gussie2000
11/03/2009, 06:27 PM
Sorry guys,but due the lack of quorum i think the best thing to do is to call off this meet 'till next year :(

Though many of the members in the area will join but seems that no much of interest to meet on the east coast ( wonder why :confused: )

Anyhow,hope next year could be better :o

Gussie2000
11/04/2009, 04:56 AM
Bumpy bump !

Meet is suspended !

Mr.Badguy
11/04/2009, 04:55 PM
Its sorry to hear that the meet was canceled. I guess everything did not fall fast enough. I was not able to go this time either. i dont see a reason why east coasters cant get together... we did it a few times already. Should we plan a January trip now? Maybe we can get together for a snow day? Lets seriously think about a January or February meet. in NY, NJ or PA.

Gussie2000
11/04/2009, 06:30 PM
Its sorry to hear that the meet was canceled. I guess everything did not fall fast enough. I was not able to go this time either. i dont see a reason why east coasters cant get together... we did it a few times already. Should we plan a January trip now? Maybe we can get together for a snow day? Lets seriously think about a January or February meet. in NY, NJ or PA.

I doubt anyone may want to come out on winter season james. :(

Probably from spring season we can look out to test the waters again.

'Till then we all keep close by. :yeso:

thru da lungs
11/06/2009, 12:35 PM
Bummer:(........ I guess I'll trade in the VX :freek: I need to find another vehicle and forum where the members are not so .....ummmm how do you say:tweed:

Gussie2000
11/06/2009, 07:32 PM
Don't know what to say.....
I keep thinking why is it that the rest of the members here in the tri state & PA aren't that eager to drive out at least once a year to share some time together while members from other forums usually find their self meeting almost every weekend.

For example not that far away from my house there's club named X riders which members drives Expeditions & amazed me how often they share time together.
There's just too much apathy around the east coast

pbkid
11/06/2009, 08:05 PM
Don't know what to say.....
I keep thinking why is it that the rest of the members here in the tri state & PA aren't that eager to drive out at least once a year to share some time together while members from other forums usually find their self meeting almost every weekend.

For example not that far away from my house there's club named X riders which members drives Expeditions & amazed me how often they share time together.
There's just too much apathy around the east coast

lol gussie- thats easy to explain buddy....

really easy to get 10 guys to meet every weekend when there are 50,000 of a vehicle within 100 miles (expeditions)
but when there are only 20 or so, its hard for everyone's schedule to coordinate.

Gussie2000
11/06/2009, 09:46 PM
lol gussie- thats easy to explain buddy....

really easy to get 10 guys to meet every weekend when there are 50,000 of a vehicle within 100 miles (expeditions)
but when there are only 20 or so, its hard for everyone's schedule to coordinate.

Yes,locally talking i got to say you absolutely right,but when you see members coming from PA,CT,DE,MD & NJ that should get you wondering what's wrong with the VX members.

I attended one of their meets last year thanks to my friend who owns a 2005 red expedition (only requirement to be a member is to own a expedition or navigator)that's currently parked here at my driveway because he's in panama & all i can say that is was amazing seeing like 100 + members from all those states at one spot. :yeso:

I think all has to do with how much you are willing to go.

Mr.Badguy
11/09/2009, 05:01 PM
I have no idea what to say Gussie. i firmly believe we can get another meet together. it would be great to get a New Years Eve party going... but i'm guessing that wouldn't be possible because people would have other plans and places to go. What about a meet in April, 2010, at Gettysburg PA? we can do VX tours around the battlefield, and of course picnic at various places. be kinda cool for people to see a caravan of VX's driving all over the place. Just an idea.

Triathlete
11/10/2009, 08:13 AM
Bummer:(........ I guess I'll trade in the VX :freek: I need to find another vehicle and forum where the members are not so .....ummmm how do you say:tweed:

We get lots of members every year in MOAB!:bwgy: But like has been said those other vehicles have a lot more out there on the street. There are probably more expeditions within 10 miles of you than there are VX's in the whole U.S.. I have found that you can have nearly as much fun with 2-3 VXers as you can with 30. I have been a part of or organized get togethers that have attrached 20+ to 2 and all were equally as fun. Don't let low turn out deter you. Get together, have a good time, take some pics and post it up here. Everyone will see what they missed out on and maybe next time more will want to be a part of it!

Gussie2000
03/21/2010, 07:57 AM
Alright guys !

I'm taking the 1rst step to bring together another meet here in the north east.

As all we know the last apttend wasn't successfull.....:(

Anyways here's another opportunity to get out there & have some fun.

I'll propose july month same as last year so let us find an nice location

Let's rock this one guys............The call is out there ..:yesy:

PS : Please disregard the (Cancelled) notice.

etlsport
03/21/2010, 02:54 PM
July is ok with me but I'd like to get together sometime sooner than that too

Gussie2000
03/21/2010, 07:33 PM
July is ok with me but I'd like to get together sometime sooner than that too

No problems for me neither if we can do it sooner

Gussie2000
03/22/2010, 08:05 PM
Bump ! :)

Gussie2000
05/13/2010, 04:55 PM
It's time to talk about choosing a day & location to have some fun out there...

July is a perfect month to organize a meet so let's get some words in here guys.

I'll start with the first sunday of july month which in fact is the 4th ( indenpendance day ) so we can play with dates from there on...

Location is the hardest task to accomplish so i'll work on that just as last year.

The ball is rolling so time to play fellows VXers :p

etlsport
05/13/2010, 07:44 PM
july 4th doesnt work for me, im gone from friday-monday over that weekend, but im up for most any other time

Gussie2000
05/14/2010, 05:03 PM
Hi eric !

Let's see what other members have to say.

I wonder if central NJ or NJ-PA border can be Ok for the meet ?

Let's hear your guys opinions...

Gussie2000
05/15/2010, 09:27 PM
:) Bump :)

Gussie2000
05/17/2010, 07:24 PM
Bump again guys ! :p

Gussie2000
05/20/2010, 06:22 PM
Wonder if there's any real interest ? :cool: