PDA

View Full Version : Anyone interested in a hard copy of the workshop manual??

crotchrocket
07/27/2009, 01:28 AM
I have had a quote for 5 A4 books, soft back but case bound for the 1800 (or so) page workshop manual.

5 books = £216.12, which is £41.15 each, + postage to you as they all need to be sent to one address.

Alternatively i have some other companies but for that size book there seams to be a 25 book minimum. Is anyone else interested in getting a copy of the manual in book form? u can look for more competative quotes,

Also, would it put you off if it was printed in 2 volumes? as theres so many pages it may be cheaper to have a part 1 + 2

You can select a price and if your abroad (from the UK) on the pole above

Sprey
07/27/2009, 01:43 AM
So this is for the Jdm vx or does it cover both Us and Jdm?

crotchrocket
07/27/2009, 01:46 AM
Its the US but covers 90% of everything on the JDM. its a free download on this site. i just keep finding the pages i need and printing them off, but always good to have a full copy in the workshop.

http://www.vehicross.info/modules.php?name=Downloads&file=viewarticle&id=20

nfpgasmask
07/27/2009, 08:52 AM
I printed off a complete VX manual for myself. It actually fills up 3 binders, and I printed it double-sided. I made it all nice with dividers for each section of the manual for easy look-up.

I did this because using the manual PDF really sucks. Whoever designed that digital manual really did not make it user friendly.

Bart

crotchrocket
07/27/2009, 09:10 AM
Thats not a bad idea. just to do it at home, would be cheaper!!

tom4bren
07/28/2009, 10:14 AM
"I did this because using the manual PDF really sucks. Whoever designed that digital manual really did not make it user friendly."

It wasn't 'designed'. Someone just scanned it to a pdf format. That's why you can't search on it or anything. That's why I do all of the how2's in Word & then convert to pdf.

The Army pays big bucks for electronic manuals to be done right. It's money well spent.

BTW Mr. Rocket - No thanks on the paper copy. I appreciate what you're doing but me & paper don't mix when I'm up to my elbows in grease & oil.

nfpgasmask
07/28/2009, 10:38 AM
"I did this because using the manual PDF really sucks. Whoever designed that digital manual really did not make it user friendly."

It wasn't 'designed'. Someone just scanned it to a pdf format. That's why you can't search on it or anything. That's why I do all of the how2's in Word & then convert to pdf.

Well, I'm not sure which manual you are talking about, but I am talking about the horrible Isuzu released manual, the "MY2000 Isuzu VehiCROSS Retail CD". The one you can install and then search in. It just sucks REALLY HARD. While you can search, the graphics are extremely poor, even when zoomed, the middle mouse scroller does not work in the application, and the search function and the way the data is presented also sucks, not to mention the wait time you have to endure every time it needs to spin up the CD, since a local hard drive install is not available.

BTW Mr. Rocket - No thanks on the paper copy. I appreciate what you're doing but me & paper don't mix when I'm up to my elbows in grease & oil.

Soooo, what you are saying is that you would rather get grease and oil all over your computer than on a piece of paper??? :wtfy:

Sorry, had to raz you there, Tom!

Bart

tom4bren
07/29/2009, 06:11 AM
Bart,

I'm not familiar with the manual you mentioned. CrotchScratcher ... I mean CrotchRocket is talkin bout the pdf you can download here. Not sure if it's worth printing anyway considering that they scanned it at a VERY low resolution ... but ... his choice.

Razzing forgiven considering that you are the only 'puter dweeb I know that has one in his garage. I just print throw away copies of the pages I need.

nfpgasmask
07/29/2009, 08:54 AM
Tom, I am talking about the manual on CD you can download here (http://www.vehicross.info/modules.php?name=Downloads&file=viewarticle&id=40).

The other manual is the printable PDF version. I believe they are both the same, only the PDF manual opens in Acrobat and the CD manual has an actual install and a program interface that you can use to search and view sections.

I printed the PDF manual for my binders because neither of them are very user friendly when you are knee deep in grease. The printed graphics are actually fairly decent, imo. I used the timing belt section of the manual quite a bit when I did that service. And yes, I do have a PC in the garage. Doesn't everyone? :laughing:

Bart

alanbradley
07/29/2009, 01:04 PM
I'm going to stick with my electronic one if you don't mind - I'm not bothered if I spill ATF fluid or engine oil (to choose 2 purely hypothetical examples) over a bunch of printouts but I would if it was the whole book...

Sorry mate,

A

crotchrocket
08/04/2009, 05:17 AM
Nope i agree, think the idea has fallen on its arse. Gonna coninue to print out the relevent pages in my office before i go home in the evenings :D Much cheaper!

Moncha
08/04/2009, 07:13 AM
Good try on the idea though.

Bart, I made an image file of the CD and mount it in a virtual drive, works way fast.. The rest of your complaints, I've go no answer save that you gotta remember when the CD was produced, alot of things have changed in 9 years

Grif
08/04/2009, 05:04 PM
Good try on the idea though.

Bart, I made an image file of the CD and mount it in a virtual drive, works way fast.. The rest of your complaints, I've go no answer save that you gotta remember when the CD was produced, alot of things have changed in 9 years

Yeah thats the only way I could get it to work too. Just
mount it with daemon tools or PowerISO or your virtual disk drive proggy dujour.

rowhard
08/04/2009, 05:19 PM
And yes, I do have a PC in the garage. Doesn't everyone? :laughing:

Bart

NO,... but I do have a 36 inch with surround sound so I can watch the races

uncle_asa
08/08/2009, 11:43 PM
I'm personally prefer this http://www.vehicross.info/modules.php?name=Downloads&file=viewarticle&id=20 PDF when digging into my car (and it should look great when printed). I'm sure I uploaded searchable version of this http://www.vehicross.info/modules.php?name=Downloads&file=viewarticle&id=19 few month ago, but it seems like it is still under moderation.

rowhard
08/09/2009, 12:18 AM
I'm sure I uploaded searchable version of this http://www.vehicross.info/modules.php?name=Downloads&file=viewarticle&id=19 few month ago, but it seems like it is still under moderation.

It's there Uncle and Scott gave you and I credit for it months ago, just click on file

uncle_asa
08/09/2009, 01:51 PM
It's there Uncle and Scott gave you and I credit for it months ago, just click on file
Oh, that's great! I just have it under different name, so that's why I thought it is not searchable.