PDA

View Full Version : VX Brotherhood (Thanks, Rickshaw)!

cyronman
07/21/2009, 09:52 PM
I just wanted to publicly give credit where credit is due...

I recently had to leave my VX at the 'vet' in Orange County for about a week and half, and not only did Rickshaw (Gene) approve of the dealership and introduce me to the service manager, but he met me there and hooked me up with a ride to the train station, AND vice cersa when I needed to get back to pick up my rig. It's not the 1st offer of the type I've received of a fellow VX'er...

Makes me remember Anita helping me out after I just bought my VX, and
Billy (Triathlete) going out of his way to put together the annual AZ camping trips, and becoming good friends with JoFotoz.
:_beer:
Cheers to to Gene, and any others who've helped out in similar fashion.
And while I'm at, thanks (again) Moncha for the website.

(Guess it's a good time to renew that membership) :o

TheGanzman
07/22/2009, 08:02 AM
Gene is a standup guy, for sure!

Now how 'bout vetting the dealership, technician, and service writer for us fellow OC residents? I gotta take mine for some service real soon!

Moncha
07/22/2009, 09:21 AM
This is a great story... All I can say is, you're welcome!

rickshaw
07/22/2009, 11:19 PM
I just wanted to publicly give credit where credit is due...

I recently had to leave my VX at the 'vet' in Orange County for about a week and half, and not only did Rickshaw (Gene) approve of the dealership and introduce me to the service manager, but he met me there and hooked me up with a ride to the train station, AND vice cersa when I needed to get back to pick up my rig. :o

Thanks cyronman (Tracy) for the credit but I really think anyone on this fourm would have done the same. There are a lot of good folks here. I was glad to help and would gladly do it again.

Now how 'bout vetting the dealership, technician, and service writer for us fellow OC residents? I gotta take mine for some service real soon!

I have been going to this place since 2002.

Douglas Hyundai Isuzu
1405 Auto Mall Dr
Santa Ana, CA 92705
(714) 647-2000

If you go there, ask for Trina

Riff Raff
07/23/2009, 03:17 AM
RICKSHAW--- Any news on the "Muffler Shop" situation??? Give us an update when you can.

rickshaw
07/23/2009, 08:56 AM
RICKSHAW--- Any news on the "Muffler Shop" situation??? Give us an update when you can.

Riff Raff,
Sorry no new news, just getting ready for a big vacation. 15 days in Germany, heading out on Aug 2nd. The wife has lots of family there.

Riff Raff
07/23/2009, 09:58 PM
Riff Raff,
Sorry no new news, just getting ready for a big vacation. 15 days in Germany, heading out on Aug 2nd. The wife has lots of family there.

Germany, eh. Sounds like you may have been in the military over there; am I right??? I was stationed over there many years ago in Kaiserslautern (aka K-Town) in the Southwestern corner of the country. Beautiful place, and I just love the high-speed autobahn. The speed limit is the limit speed of your car!!! It was a pure race track back then years ago, but now I hear it's pretty conjested with traffic due to the population growth. Have a safe trip and take lots of pictures to share with us when you get back!!!

rickshaw
07/25/2009, 11:30 PM
Germany, eh. Sounds like you may have been in the military over there; am I right???

Nope not military. My wife's parents immigrated to the US when she was just a newborn. This will be her first time back to Germany since then. My mother-in-law is also coming with us along with 2 of 3 of my kids. This will be my first visit to Europe. Most of our time will be spent in the town of Fulda, also we will be spending a few days in Nuremberg. it should be fun trip.

rickshaw

Riff Raff
07/26/2009, 03:11 AM
Yes, you will have a great time in Germany. The beer is great, but it's warm (German custom). When you get there, put some German beer in your frig to get it cold....mmmm, so good. Be sure and visit "Newschawnstine Castle" (spelling?) in Bavaria, which Walt Disney modeled his trademark castle from at Disneyland, CA. You will see a lot of U.S. Military presence over there; mainly Army & Air Force, with their vehicles on the highway, etc. If you drive over there, try to stay the heck out of the fastlane (far left lane), as that's reserved for super-fast exotic sportscars flashing their headlights to make you move over.

ScottinMA
07/26/2009, 05:42 AM
Gene,

Thanks for posting my new wheels on the "all tires and rims" thread. I saw it on the bump yesterday and there was my VX. Come fall I'm going to buy those 285 Coopers Zeon LTZs. Have a great time in Germany.

Riff Raff
07/26/2009, 06:14 AM
So; Scott, you're following VX-KAT's lead and opting for the new Cooper - LTZ instead of the Nitto - Terra Grappler. I agree with you that the LTZ is a way better looking tire than the TG. I expect more will follow in VX-KAT's and your footsteps as VX'ers slowly discover the Cooper - LTZ in 285/60R18.

rickshaw
08/20/2009, 10:20 PM
Back from Germany. Had a great time.

I saw some interesting vehicles that we don't have back in the US.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/3223/IMG_1299v2.jpg
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/3223/IMG_1300v2.jpg
Opel Monterey
A variant of the 2 door Isuzu Trooper, cousin of the Vehicross, note the hood scoop.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/3223/IMG_1185v2.jpg
Mitsubishi Pajero

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/3223/576988v2.jpg
Toyota Landcruiser
We never got this model.

Ldub
08/21/2009, 02:41 AM
Glad that you had a good trip...:thumbup:

That's quite the unusual hitch on the Paj...:_wrench:

Riff Raff
08/21/2009, 02:57 AM
That's quite the unusual hitch on the Paj...:_wrench:

If it stays that way for more than four(4) hours, then call a Doctor.:laughing:

Ldub
08/21/2009, 03:07 AM
If it stays that way for more than four(4) hours, then call a Doctor.:laughing:

LOL...hadn't thought of that...:eek:

I was thinking you could flip it, mount some cultivator sweeps or points, & go all "agricultural" on the nearest golf course...:naughty: