PDA

View Full Version : Need window tab glue specifics please

VXNIT
07/20/2009, 10:41 AM
Just cannot find Any glue to use thAt will be reliable for specific app. Tried 3m,auto parts,paint Supplies etc. Please give info on what used, where u got etc. I am n Fl

VX KAT
07/20/2009, 11:13 AM
See my thread where I had Tim Parker of SBC install my window brackets. He used Liquid Nails. See pictures for the specific variety of Liquid Nails.
http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=15322&highlight=tim+installing+window

JoFotoz
07/20/2009, 11:21 AM
I used ..

"DEVCON" high strength 2 part epoxy.

Good 30 min working time..
Made for metal & glass applications...

Got it from Ace Hardware.

Been on the ORW window brackets for 6 months or so..no problems.

jo

handeeman
07/20/2009, 11:52 AM
Hey VXNIT, I remember on tom4bren's post at his window fixin party he used black RTV on his windows. You may want to get his input.

VXNIT
07/20/2009, 06:31 PM
See my thread where I had Tim Parker of SBC install my window brackets. He used Liquid Nails. See pictures for the specific variety of Liquid Nails.
http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=15322&highlight=tim+installing+window

Liquid Nails, not sure I trust that in high heat like FL. Not sure.

VXNIT
07/20/2009, 06:32 PM
Anyone else use Devcon in high heat environment on window fix?

rowhard
07/20/2009, 07:56 PM
I just used epoxy with the new brackets. Hope I never have to take it apart

tom4bren
07/21/2009, 04:09 AM
That's the exact reasons I went with the black RTV. I know it works well on glass & metal, it's temperature insensitive, and to me the biggest selling point is that if I dorked something up - it can be reworked without trashing the bonded parts.

VXNIT
07/21/2009, 06:48 PM
I used ..

"DEVCON" high strength 2 part epoxy.

Good 30 min working time..
Made for metal & glass applications...

Got it from Ace Hardware.

Been on the ORW window brackets for 6 months or so..no problems.

jo

Joe, I went with the Devcon today on SBC bracket install. Little pain mixing and getting in the brackets but seems to hold well. I had no broken tabs and jsut modified front gasket track and so far so good.

JoFotoz
07/22/2009, 10:09 AM
Cool...

Joe, I went with the Devcon today on SBC bracket install. Little pain mixing and getting in the brackets but seems to hold well. I had no broken tabs and jsut modified front gasket track and so far so good.

:_steering

jo