PDA

View Full Version : Been thinking of some 18's

Ldub
07/20/2009, 03:00 AM
What do Y'all think of these...

I'm thinking of mating these with some 35" x 12.50" x 18" Mud Grapplers...:_thinking

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/189c_1.jpg

Specs in my gallery pic.

Riff Raff
07/20/2009, 03:09 AM
Sorry; Ldub, but me NO likey. If it ain't chrome; I'm going home. I like bling, not blah. Find another wheel and inquire again.

Dumke
07/20/2009, 03:42 AM
Dub I hate chrome and actually dig those. I love the flat black and the little flashy of chrome. Hence why I went flat black with mine.. Those would look sweater of the center caps came to a point/spike.. Not so much to pertrude out but just enough to say "LOOK OUT" ;eekb;

tom4bren
07/20/2009, 04:25 AM
I kinda 'old school'. I like more rubber & less metal. Wouldn't the 16" rim look better & be more protected?

Scott Harness
07/20/2009, 06:32 AM
I kinda 'old school'. I like more rubber & less metal. Wouldn't the 16" rim look better & be more protected?

x2... for off-road 16 inch:supercool

Moncha
07/20/2009, 07:13 AM
I like 'em!!!! Those would be great for froadin and saving the OE wheels

Ldub
07/20/2009, 08:08 AM
Sorry; Ldub, but me NO likey. If it ain't chrome; I'm going home. I like bling, not blah. Find another wheel and inquire again.

You sir, are a disappointment to me...I fully expected a sermon on the evils of heavy wheels, tires & unsprung weight. With a sub sermon on acceleration & braking distance...sheesh, ya think you know someone...:smilewink

Dub I hate chrome and actually dig those. I love the flat black and the little flashy of chrome. Hence why I went flat black with mine.. Those would look sweater of the center caps came to a point/spike.. Not so much to pertrude out but just enough to say "LOOK OUT" ;eekb;

The wheel in the pic is an 8 holer, so the C-cap prolly isn't that big, but yeah spikes would be good...:naughty:

x2... for off-road 16 inch:supercool

Well, to tell the truth, I'm trying to strike a balance...:_thinking

I have 33's on my stock 16's, & there is too much sidewall for spirited street cornering.
I have 33's on my 20's, & they corner great, even with knobbies, but don't have enough sidewall for aggressive offroading.
Soooo, 35's on 18's seems good middle of the road choice to me...that & I'm tired of maintaining polished aluminium, & I'm not a fan of too much bling, or the associated pitting & bubbling that evenyually comes with it.
Also, bad trail dings could be touched up with a bit of bondo, some sanding, & bed liner...:smilewink

I like 'em!!!! Those would be great for froadin and saving the OE wheels

:yes: Boss man's pickin up what I'm puttin down...:thumbup:...:smilewink

Besides, It's still in the "thinkin' about it stage"...keep the opinions coming...:thanx:

Jay Dunford
07/20/2009, 08:31 AM
I likes 'em! You may need a bigger BFH to fit 35's though. I'm hoping to stuff some new MT/R's of the 35 persuasion on the FJ this fall too. We can be the big rubber crew next year. ;)

Ldub
07/20/2009, 08:32 AM
I likes 'em! You may need a bigger BFH to fit 35's though. I'm hoping to stuff some new MT/R's of the 35 persuasion on the FJ this fall too. We can be the big rubber crew next year. ;)

I'm a ponderin' on a couple inches of body lift...:_thinking

Can't wait to see the FJ rollin' on 3-5's!

Big rubber crew...snicker...:laughing:

nfpgasmask
07/20/2009, 08:34 AM

LOL, Just the opposite. I think these looks awesome, and I can see them on Suzy...I say gopher it.

:) Bart

handeeman
07/20/2009, 08:36 AM
I think Suzy would look "Bitchin" with that new set of Froadin shoes. It's you "thinkin" that concerns me !:smilewink

Ldub
07/20/2009, 08:39 AM
LOL, Just the opposite. I think these looks awesome, and I can see them on Suzy...I say gopher it.

:) Bart

I KNEW you'd like'em...they're BLACK

Been wonderin' where ya been Bart...http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?threadid=16182

VX KAT
07/20/2009, 11:24 AM
I REALLY like those rims! OH YEAH DUBSTER!:yeso:

Ldub
07/20/2009, 11:58 AM
It's you "thinkin" that concerns me !

No worries Brah, I no do it for too long at a time...:smilewink

I REALLY like those rims! OH YEAH DUBSTER!:yeso:

Like I said, still just thinking/dreaming...but MAN I'm a gettin tempted..:naughty:

Ldub
07/20/2009, 12:39 PM
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/32vx1a11.jpg

BaM*BaM
Rims are Silver 18x8 Borbet CW3
Tires are 35x12.50x18 BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A
(Lifted)

IMO, tha's a nice balance of wheel/sidewall...& oddly enough, I see no evidence of a body lift...:_thinking

Am I missing something?

SilverBullet75
07/20/2009, 01:22 PM
Those wheels are exactly the look I've been looking for too...
They are similar to the Ultra Thunder wheels that I've been thinking of.
With a blacked-out VX and light chromeish accents, it'll look tuf!
http://www.ultrawheel.com/wheel_detail.cfm?brand=1&id=155

Triathlete
07/20/2009, 07:26 PM
They will look great right up until that first trip to the rocks!

I kind of want a sweet set of Beadlocks...
These OMF's are sweet
http://www.omfperformance.com/locals/images/content/beadlocked_wheels/OMF-WER_01_web.jpg

And these guys (Stazworks) (http://www.stazworks.com/rims.htm) will do some sweet custom beadlocks if you truley want to be original:thumbup:

technocoy
07/20/2009, 09:25 PM
Hey dub...

These are the pretties I put on mine, but in black...

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=13570

for some reference. They are the exact same but chrome.

If you don't mind the rough ride getting rougher, the width they add makes her handle like a friggin roadster.

Of course, I put a smaller bit of rubber on her with these vs my factory 16's. I kept those for the occasional off roading.

I'm sure you don't mind cutting (and you may have already) but anymore rubber than you see on mine and you will definitely be cutting/jacking her up.

Hope that helps!

Riff Raff
07/20/2009, 11:37 PM
Hey dub...

Ldub, now that's what I'm talking about!!! Those chromies on his VX look pure bad-@ss. More bling, less blah. Once you go black, you'll wish you went back.

In addition; for a 35" tire in a 285 series width (which will also fit on a 2000/2001 stock OEM 18x7 VX rim), please consider the TOYO - Open Country A/T & M/T and MAXXIS - Big Horn M/T in LT285/75R18 (35x11.50R18). Incidentally, the TOYO - O/C "A/T" is the only "A/T" made in this specific size in the world. That's my technical advice for you-- feel better now, Ldub???

Ldub
07/21/2009, 12:20 AM
That's my technical advice for you-- feel better now, Ldub???

Mmmmm...about the same...:cool:...:smilewink

:fyi: 285/75 x 18" = 34.83"...:flower:

Stock Tire - 245/70R16 >Search Tires Tire 1 - 285/75R18 >Search Tires
Section Width: 9.64 in 245 mm
Section Width: 11.22 in 285 mm

Rim Diameter: 16 in 406.4 mm
Rim Diameter: 18 in 457.2 mm

Rim Width Range: 6.5 - 8 in
Rim Width Range: Unrecognized tire size.

Overall Diameter: 29.50 in 749.3 mm
Overall Diameter: 34.83 in 884.68 mm

Sidewall Height: 6.75 in 171.45 mm
Sidewall Height: 8.41 in 213.61 mm

Radius: 14.75 in 374.65 mm
Radius: 17.41 in 442.21 mm

Circumference: 92.67 in 2353.8 mm
Circumference: 109.4 in 2778.7 mm

Revs per Mile: 705.0
Revs per Mile: 597.1

Actual Speed: 60 mph 100 km/h
Speedometer1: 50.8 mph 84.6 km/h

Speedometer Difference: - Speedometer Difference: 18.07% too slow
Diameter Difference: - Diameter Difference: 15.31%

Riff Raff
07/21/2009, 12:58 AM
I'm thinking of mating these with some 35" x 12.50" x 18"...:_thinking

See, you were originally planning on changing to 18" rims anyway with 35" O.D. tires. It's just that the narrower 11.50" width (aka 285 series) will fit much better (and look much better) within the smaller VX wheel-wells. Leave the large 12.50" width to the larger full size 4x4 pick-up trucks, for which they were designed.

Consequently, go with a LT285/75R18 (aka 35" x 11.50R18). If you want an "A/T" tread, you're choice is simple. If you want an "M/T" tread, you've a few picks.

Ldub
07/21/2009, 01:03 AM
See, you were originally planning on changing to 18" rims anyway with 35" O.D. tires. It's just that the narrower 11.50" width (aka 285 series) will fit much better (and look much better) within the smaller VX wheel-wells. Leave the large 12.50" width to the larger full size 4x4 pick-up trucks, for which they were designed.

Consequently, go with a LT285/75R18 (aka 35" x 11.50R18). If you want an "A/T" tread, you're choice is simple. If you want an "M/T" tread, you've a few picks.

You do it your way, I'll do it mine...:smilewink

I've already got a few years of "happy motoring" under my belt running 33 x 12.50 x 20"...:yes:

Riff Raff
07/21/2009, 01:07 AM
What do Y'all think of these...

You asked.

Ldub
07/21/2009, 01:12 AM
You asked.

Understood...but you always post as if your opinion is the absolute, bottom line, only way to go...you can usually count on me for a differing viewpoint...:smilewink

Riff Raff
07/21/2009, 01:22 AM
That's OK, Ldub. When offering my advice/opinion, I always back it up with sound logical reasoning or I don't make a post. What people do with that advice/opinion is entirely up to them; and I don't force my advice/opinion on anyone, but do offer it when asked. Thank you for asking and I'm glad I could be of assistance.:bgwb:

Ldub
07/21/2009, 03:00 AM
Those wheels are exactly the look I've been looking for too...
They are similar to the Ultra Thunder wheels that I've been thinking of.
With a blacked-out VX and light chromeish accents, it'll look tuf!
http://www.ultrawheel.com/wheel_detail.cfm?brand=1&id=155

They will look great right up until that first trip to the rocks!

I kind of want a sweet set of Beadlocks...
These OMF's are sweet
http://www.omfperformance.com/locals/images/content/beadlocked_wheels/OMF-WER_01_web.jpg

And these guys (Stazworks) (http://www.stazworks.com/rims.htm) will do some sweet custom beadlocks if you truley want to be original:thumbup:

Hey dub...

If you don't mind the rough ride getting rougher, the width they add makes her handle like a friggin roadster.

Of course, I put a smaller bit of rubber on her with these vs my factory 16's. I kept those for the occasional off roading.

I'm sure you don't mind cutting (and you may have already) but anymore rubber than you see on mine and you will definitely be cutting/jacking her up.

Hope that helps!

All good choices to be sure, but the one's I'm lookin' at are a shade over $500 (4)...to my door...:yes:

I don't think I'd be getting chromies, or especially bead locks, for anywhere near that price...:smilewink

Moncha
07/21/2009, 12:38 PM
I think they'd look better on my Proton

Triathlete
07/21/2009, 12:49 PM
Those chromies on his VX look pure bad-@ss. More bling, less blah. Once you go black, you'll wish you went back.

Yeah, but all that chrome adds weight and compromises braking and performance!:slap::rotate:

Triathlete
07/21/2009, 12:54 PM
All good choices to be sure, but the one's I'm lookin' at are a shade over $500 (4)...to my door...:yes:

I don't think I'd be getting chromies, or especially bead locks, for anywhere near that price...:smilewink

Ah, its only money! Come to think of it I could use a little more!
The Stazworks are around $300 each...not bad for custom.:bwgy:

Triathlete
07/21/2009, 01:09 PM
With those 35's are you going to re-gear Dub? You wil need a lot more skinny pedal and momentum on obstacles if you don't. Depending on the situation that may mean more carnage!:bwgy:

Ldub
07/22/2009, 02:09 PM
That's OK, Ldub. When offering my advice/opinion, I always back it up with sound logical reasoning or I don't make a post. What people do with that advice/opinion is entirely up to them; and I don't force my advice/opinion on anyone, but do offer it when asked. Thank you for asking and I'm glad I could be of assistance.:bgwb:

What you tend to overlook is, it's sound logical advice for YOUR application, & YOUR preferences.

I don't particularly like chrome, OR changing flats on the trail, as I don't have an inflatable mattress with me...:laughing:

Oops...almost forgot my manners...You're Welcome!...:flower:

Ldub
07/22/2009, 02:18 PM
Hey dub...

Hope that helps!

LOL...Dude, I'm already lifted to pretty near the max of suspension lift without a diff drop, carved more cladding than most, & also done the :smack: thing on the inside of the front fender wells.

I'm rollin' on 33" x 12.50 x 20's (load range E) inflated to 60 psi...aside from replacing the shocks with solid steel struts, I don't think it COULD ride much rougher...:smilewink

However, I DO appreciate the input...:thumbup:...:yes:

Ldub
07/22/2009, 02:30 PM
I think they'd look better on my Proton

So...whaddya sayin'?...Shall I order you a set too?...:smilewink

Yeah, but all that chrome adds weight and compromises braking and performance!:slap::rotate:

You ALWAYS manage to get a laugh outta me Billy...Thanks!

With those 35's are you going to re-gear Dub? You wil need a lot more skinny pedal and momentum on obstacles if you don't. Depending on the situation that may mean more carnage!:bwgy:

If the opprotunity present$ it$elf in the future, then ab$olutely...:rolleyesg

But until then, I might just play with the new kids on the bunny hill...:yes:
Moab has become more of a social gathering for me, with a few exceptions, I've done most of the trails that I care to do.

I'm hoping that's a sign of the whole age = wisdom thing, but who knows?...:_confused

Moncha
07/22/2009, 04:28 PM
So...whaddya sayin'?...Shall I order you a set too?...:smilewink

Sure while you're at it ;) Gotta save my OEs

Riff Raff
07/22/2009, 04:31 PM
What you tend to overlook is, it's sound logical advice for YOUR application, & YOUR preferences.

Ah; Ldub, you are incorrect again as usual (with your :_confused sign-off trademark as it truly fits you). I take great pride in my analysis of each and every thread I respond to and always justify my response. My replies are never for my own application, but rather tailored to the individual making the inquiry and to his/her specific application.:yes:

It appears you initiated this thread for pure self gratification in that you had already decided on your new wheel/tire set-up and just wanted others to pat you on the back in order to make you feel good which is very selfish and inconsiderate of you. However; when you asked "What do you think of these.....", and someone disagrees with your specific point of view, then you get your panties all up in a bind like a wedgy. If you don't want our honest opinion; then please don't ask for it, as you waste everyone's time and effort on this forum.:slap::drama:

Scott Harness
07/22/2009, 04:45 PM
Now Now boys play nice or you will go to bed with no supper!:upsetgray

JoFotoz
07/22/2009, 04:46 PM
Umm Riff Raff...

You state..

My replies are never for my own application, but rather tailored to the individual making the inquiry and to his/her specific application.

After saying

"" Riff Raff
Site Supporter 2001, PROTON YELLOW, VehiCROSS, 1451
TACOMA, WA US

Kind'o contradictory / antithetical ...:confused:

jo

VX KAT
07/22/2009, 04:47 PM
Ah; Ldub, you are incorrect again as usual (with your :_confused sign-off trademark as it truly fits you). I take great pride in my analysis of each and every thread I respond to and always justify my response. My replies are never for my own application, but rather tailored to the individual making the inquiry and to his/her specific application.:yes:

It appears you initiated this thread for pure self gratification in that you had already decided on your new wheel/tire set-up and just wanted others to pat you on the back in order to make you feel good which is very selfish and inconsiderate of you. However; when you asked "What do you think of these.....", and someone disagrees with your specific point of view, then you get your panties all up in a bind like a wedgy. If you don't want our honest opinion; then please don't ask for it, as you waste everyone's time and effort on this forum.:slap::drama:

Ah come on Riff, we all post our likes and wants (and dreams), and we enjoy hearing what others think or can contribute, or make fun of..... but in a fun & friendly manner. That's what keeps this board so awesome. We just don't enjoy an authoritative spanking :argue: from other members. We're all equals here. Lighten' up a bit. It's all good! :thumbup:

Riff Raff
07/22/2009, 05:05 PM
Thanx Scott & Sue:thanx:. Sorry for the :hj:
We now return to our regularly scheduled program.:clap:

Ldub
07/22/2009, 05:12 PM
Thanx Scott & Sue:thanx:. Sorry for the :hj:
We now return to our regularly scheduled program.:clap:

You forgot to thank JO...:_confused

rowhard
07/22/2009, 05:36 PM
then you get your panties all up in a bind like a wedgy.

Larry, I didn't know you wore panties, what color, what size? maybe for your 54th I will go to Victoria's Secret for your pressie.;ooy;;ooy;;ooy;

Ldub
07/22/2009, 06:12 PM
Ah; Ldub, you are incorrect again as usual (with your :_confused sign-off trademark as it truly fits you). I take great pride in my analysis of each and every thread I respond to and always justify my response. My replies are never for my own application, but rather tailored to the individual making the inquiry and to his/her specific application.:yes

Then why would you recommend chrome?...:_confused

Yeah you've just described me in a nutshshell...selfish & inconsiderate is how I roll baby...:dance:

As a self absorbed plebe, humbled by your greatness...
THANK YOU for setting me straight!:yes:

I can now go on to bigger & better things!:thanx:

Riff...YOU RULE !!!:dance:

So...Y'still up for pistols @ noon?...:_confused

Oh whoops...I meant...:naughty:

Moncha
07/22/2009, 06:12 PM
Thank you guys for handling this amicably...:thumbup: :thanx: :thumbup:

Everyone has a right to an opinion but there becomes a point where ya just gotta agree to disagree and move on... Good job

Riff Raff
07/22/2009, 06:27 PM
Don't fret, Ldub. I still love ya' like I do everyone else on this forum. See you at Noon!!!:flower:

Ldub
07/22/2009, 06:32 PM
Don't fret, Ldub. I still love ya' like I do everyone else on this forum. See you at Noon!!!:flower:

Since I never did learn how to play the G-tar...fretting is not within my realm...:sighwgray

LOL...All's well that ends in a firefight...:luck:

Scott Harness
07/22/2009, 06:44 PM
Now I can sleep well tonight:snooz:

Ldub
07/22/2009, 06:49 PM
Now I can sleep well tonight:snooz:

Dude...I KNOW you...THIS thing has nothing to do with how well you're gonna sleep tonight...:smilewink

Scott Harness
07/22/2009, 06:55 PM
Dude...I KNOW you...THIS thing has nothing to do with how well you're gonna sleep tonight...:smilewink

What!...I do need my M&M's(martini's&maryjane):sleepgray:laughing:

Ldub
07/22/2009, 06:59 PM
What!...I do need my M&M's(martini's&maryjane):sleepgray:laughing:

Much BIG :heart: to you Bro...:yes:

Moncha
07/22/2009, 07:31 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahah!

Ldub
07/22/2009, 07:41 PM
Larry, I didn't know you wore panties, what color, what size? maybe for your 54th I will go to Victoria's Secret for your pressie.;ooy;;ooy;;ooy;

John...I'm SO bummed that you're gonna wait an extra year( I'm only 52 as of 7-11-09)...:sighwgray

I could use some new panties by 07-11-2010...I mean, if you have the wherewithall...:laughing:

No, really...if you don't wanna $pend the ca$h, throw a pair of Sandy's my way...:naughty:

:heart: you buddy...:thumbup:

JoFotoz
07/22/2009, 07:55 PM
Fear not...I was not worried about being excluded from the "thanks" diatribe..

(that'll happen when ya justifiably tweek the protagonist!)

But frankly... the 'marryjane' ref...

...made everything clear!!!:rolleyes:

OK..I'm looking for the smily/smilies...with a FAT blunt lit !

Moncha...???

jo

Ldub
07/22/2009, 07:59 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahah!

Fear not...I was not worried about being excluded from the "thanks" diatribe..

(that'll happen when ya justifiably tweek the protagonist!)

But frankly... the 'marryjane' ref...

...made everything clear!!!:rolleyes:

Moncha...???

jo

Dincha C it?

Much :heart:'s 2 U BRO...:yes:

Moncha
07/22/2009, 08:13 PM

Moncha...???
jo

That would be pushing the rules for posting a bit. Legalize it and that would be a different story. ;)

:angel: Now back on topic before I have to close the thread :p

JoFotoz
07/22/2009, 08:15 PM
Got it....

:snooz:

...oH wait.

...thats ME after a fatty!

Time to BBQ corn and stuff...Rum is present!

later

jo

JoFotoz
07/22/2009, 08:17 PM
Scott...you da man!

:LineWave:

:p jo

Ldub
07/22/2009, 08:19 PM
That would be pushing the rules for posting a bit. Legalize it and that would be a different story. ;)

:angel: Now back on topic before I have to close the thread :p

Got it....

:snooz:

...oH wait.

...thats ME after a fatty!

Time to BBQ corn and stuff...Rum is present!

later

jo

In my world...:heart:...life is GOOD MON...:smilewink

nocturnalVX
07/22/2009, 11:52 PM
Straight chrome :nob:

BLACK & chrome :yesy:

I am very happy with the rims I put on my VX, and I think those would look cool on yours. More black than chrome. Cool!

:thumbup:

Scott Harness
07/23/2009, 06:58 AM
Maryjane is my new girlfriend(I don't know what you guys are talking about)
ps...Don't tell my wife:bgwb:

Jay Dunford
07/23/2009, 08:36 AM

The Dubster was sportin' some really fine granny panties 2 years ago in Moab!!

Ldub
07/23/2009, 08:44 AM
The Dubster was sportin' some really fine granny panties 2 years ago in Moab!!

Indeed...:yes:

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/DSC02540.JPG

handeeman
07/23/2009, 09:12 AM
LMAO, only in Dub's world will we go from "Thinking about 18's" to granny panties w/pictures no less. Moncha are there no requirements before post are made ? j/k Back to the thread----I've been thinkin about some 12" wheels with some low profile tires & maybe a pair of sliders. Plus I'm gonna have Marlin make me a skid W/extentions to lower it closer to the ground in case I find a gravel road.

ZEUS
07/28/2009, 01:57 PM
Here is my vote:
Moto Metal MO909 "The Skull":
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2558/3766252139_67f9fce314_o.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2549/3766251997_a915a0ca58_o.jpg
ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/17x9-MOTO-METAL-SKULL-909-BLACK-17-WHEELS-TRUCK-RIMS_W0QQitemZ350199463982QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotor s_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item518983c02e&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245)

Ldub
07/28/2009, 03:13 PM
Here is my vote:
Moto Metal MO909 "The Skull":

Yeah, those would be perfect...:yes:...for me.

However...

A. Not within budget.....................:upsetgray
B. Somebody here already has em'...:sighwgray

But I like the way you think...:thumbup:

ZEUS
07/28/2009, 03:25 PM
Really, who's runnin 'em? I'd like to see what they look like on a VX. At less than $600 shipped I think they are very budget conscious. What's your limit?

MSHardeman
07/28/2009, 08:25 PM
[QUOTE=jwatk1ns;150747]http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/2/morning_028.jpg

Rims are: Motto Metal 909's / 20x9 / +18 offset
Tires are: Nitto Mud Grapplers / 33x12.5 / 32.95 diameter
Lifted: ome 912's

I'm not Ldub (finder of lost threads), but I play him on vehicross.info

Riff Raff
07/29/2009, 12:36 AM

Ouch, that's gonna' leave a mark. By the way, nice looking Moto's.:dan_ban:

ZEUS
07/29/2009, 07:02 AM
Cool! I did a search but never found them - must be in the every rim thread. They should have been reserved for Ldub cuz they look great... and they are sooo Ldub!
[quote=jwatk1ns;150747]http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/2/morning_028.jpg

Rims are: Motto Metal 909's / 20x9 / +18 offset
Tires are: Nitto Mud Grapplers / 33x12.5 / 32.95 diameter
Lifted: ome 912's

Ldub
07/29/2009, 08:27 AM

LoL...good find Mark, you must'v stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.:smilewink

ZEUS
07/31/2009, 08:12 AM
So how about these...? I think the accents totally fit the hotrod!http://www.discounttiredirect.com/product/wheels/baljes.mtb.xl.jpg

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findWheelDetail.do?bp=6-139.7&yr=2000&pc=21461&counter=1&wd=18&rw=9&vid=005318

http://www.wheelsandspinners.com/product.php?productid=2100&cat=0&page=1

ZEUS
07/31/2009, 08:49 AM
Since I have nothing to do at work:
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/dub_copy.jpg
I tried to scale the rims to an 18" size but I left the tires 'small'.

nfpgasmask
07/31/2009, 09:18 AM

Yeah, I am feelin' this. The red line around your front fenders and hood, and then these wheels, it all ties in!

Nice find and photochopping, Justin!

Bart

JHarris1385
07/31/2009, 10:35 AM
I hope you say no....joking then there would be three of us with these rims. I wish I had a good side pic of my VX with my limo tint so you could show me how it would look on mine. I am thinking 18's too.

I am buying these next month.

SNAKE VX has them and I like them alot. It brings out the red. I think they would looks good on costiecosta's set up.

Ldub
07/31/2009, 12:28 PM
So how about these...? I think the accents totally fit the hotrod!

Yeah, I dig the look, & think they'd be great LOOKING, but I can also see those hex head details getting ripped out by the roots out Moab way...:sighwgray

Dude, I sincerely appreciate the Pho-chop...really does tie the whole red accent thing together.

I hope you say no....joking then there would be three of us with these rims. I wish I had a good side pic of my VX with my limo tint so you could show me how it would look on mine. I am thinking 18's too.

I am buying these next month.

SNAKE VX has them and I like them alot. It brings out the red. I think they would looks good on costiecosta's set up.

If Harris is getting them, then I'm NOT!...:upsetgray

Kidding John...:laughing:
Since it's already been done (Snake & soon, John), that, along with the price is the deal killer for me...:smilewink

Besides, even if these get totally trail gank'd, a little sanding, bondo, & paint...:smack:

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/189c_1.jpg

Did I mention, a shade over five bills...TO MY DOOR?...:smilewink

ZEUS
07/31/2009, 02:02 PM
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/dub_copy2.jpg

Ldub
07/31/2009, 08:53 PM
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/dub_copy2.jpg

DANG... You're GOOD!

Thanks for the look-see into the possible future...:_thinking...Drool

These seem to accentuate the gas spill better...:rolleyesg...:laughing:

pbkid
07/31/2009, 09:47 PM
Then why would you recommend chrome?...

extra traction in snow and on rocks???? :_confused

Jolly Roger VX'er
08/01/2009, 02:23 PM

Man Dub, I can totally respect your reasons for NOT choosing these (price/cost, Moab infliction) but, Dayam...these look like a perfect match for your ride!!!! (I can visualize in da fuutcha shiny cladding bolts to match the shiny rim bolts too...lol...okay..file that under price/cost...lol.)

I don't, however, share your concern over somebody else having them...if their nice & you like'im...get them!!! You guys don't fret over having the same tires... Way back when I was first shopping for wheels...I totally digged Baxman's choice but it was only my fear of fender modding (his were not available in 10-12mm offset like I wanted) that kept me from getting them!

I know we strive for originality in our rigs but If it's a homerun..dude...:?:

(I hate to break this to you but VX KAT had the cool fuel spill 'tat' long ago..it is now soooo unoriginal..lol!)

In a short, concise, unabridged format....ME LIKEY THESE ONES! :)

Ldub
08/02/2009, 03:08 AM
Man Dub, I can totally respect your reasons for NOT choosing these (price/cost, Moab infliction) but, Dayam...these look like a perfect match for your ride!!!! (I can visualize in da fuutcha shiny cladding bolts to match the shiny rim bolts too...lol...okay..file that under price/cost...lol.)

I don't, however, share your concern over somebody else having them...if their nice & you like'im...get them!!! You guys don't fret over having the same tires... Way back when I was first shopping for wheels...I totally digged Baxman's choice but it was only my fear of fender modding (his were not available in 10-12mm offset like I wanted) that kept me from getting them!

I know we strive for originality in our rigs but If it's a homerun..dude...:?:

(I hate to break this to you but VX KAT had the cool fuel spill 'tat' long ago..it is now soooo unoriginal..lol!)

In a short, concise, unabridged format....ME LIKEY THESE ONES! :)

I hear ya cluckin' big chicken...:yes: I really like those too...AND the "punisher" (skull) ones...I'm still undecided...:_confused
I also like the ones that look like the Volk's...http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=15202&highlight=rota
And these would look good too, if not for the PITA factor of cleaning...

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/jessejames_widow_black.jpg

It's possible, that the right wheel hasn't been made yet...:_thinking

And :fyi:, that pic was taken on the trip home from Moab in 08', way before Kats "gas tat"...she's copying me!...:laughing:

Jolly Roger VX'er
08/02/2009, 12:20 PM
I hear ya cluckin' big chicken...:yes:

"If I'm a roo - Ah say - if I'm a rooster, I hope to be struck by lightn *KAPOW* Well, let's put it another way. "Way" that is."

"Say, boy, you cover about as much as a flapper skirt in a high wind."

"Boys as sharp as a bowling ball."

"This is gonna cause more confusion than a mouse in a burlesque show!"

"You're doing a lot of choppin', but no chips are flyin'."

"That girl's like that road between Fort Worth and Dallas....................................No curves."

"That boy's so dumb, he thinks a Mexican boarder pays rent."

:ot: :)

Ldub
08/02/2009, 12:36 PM
"If I'm a roo - Ah say - if I'm a rooster, I hope to be struck by lightn *KAPOW* Well, let's put it another way. "Way" that is."

"Say, boy, you cover about as much as a flapper skirt in a high wind."

"Boys as sharp as a bowling ball."

"This is gonna cause more confusion than a mouse in a burlesque show!"

"You're doing a lot of choppin', but no chips are flyin'."

"That girl's like that road between Fort Worth and Dallas....................................No curves."

"That boy's so dumb, he thinks a Mexican boarder pays rent."

:ot: :)

Ah tell yuh folks...that boy's got more nerve than a bum tooth...:laughing:

Scott Harness
08/02/2009, 03:08 PM
Foghorn Leghorn...one of favorites:laughing::clap:

Ldub
08/02/2009, 10:39 PM
I almost hate to do it, since I like Foghorn Leghorn so much, but back to the topic at hand...:rolleyesg...:smilewink

Now I'm thinking of waiting until I can afford the wheels that are a no brainer for me...Drool
I already know that I like these, & they're light & STRONG !
In 18", with everything but the last inch next to the tire powder coated in a teflon finish like Scott's...Hmmmmmmmm...:_thinking
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/1063cntrlinet-hawkrapid_2_.jpg

handeeman
08/03/2009, 08:30 AM
Wow I really like that wheel Dub. What does it $. I bet it would look nice on a 2000 Kaiser too !

Ldub
08/03/2009, 09:40 AM
Wow I really like that wheel Dub. What does it $. I bet it would look nice on a 2000 Kaiser too !

:eek: GULP...just got off the phone with the good folks at Centerline...:freek:

They $eem to think that they $hould have $255.00 + $25.00 American Dollar$ each to get them to my door...not too likely...:rolleyesg

ZEUS
08/03/2009, 10:07 AM
See, told ya $600 shipped was budget conscious! :p

handeeman
08/03/2009, 10:49 AM
If I calulate that correctly, that comes to $1120.00U.S., plus the meat you'd have to put on them. So for about $21-2200.00U.S. you'd have a good looking set of new shoes on your VX. Next question, in Moab would they get all scratched up ?

dtruax
08/03/2009, 04:27 PM
if you end up getting the new wheels+tires I'd be happy to take to 20's off your hands.:bgwb:

Ldub
12/11/2010, 09:14 PM
Centerline finally put "Tomahawk Rapids" into overstock pricing, even though they haven't been manufactured yet...:_confused

http://centerlinewheels.com/wheel_deals_detail.php?id=12274&type=vehicle&data=20

http://centerlinewheels.com/images/wheel_deals/12274rapid.jpg

Yeah, I know, over the orig budget @ $220.- ea. shipped, but I couldn't resist.

Also not showing much imagination going with the same wheels I already have in 20"...:rolleyesg But being my fav wheel for years, & weighing only 22 lb ea.
And also being load rated @ well over 2K lb. per wheel...no brainer for me.

I hadda christian them down to that price over the phone, so if you're lookin' for Centerlines, don't settle for their first offer...:smilewink (which was $220.- ea + shipping)

Of course they're gonna be shod in 35/12.50 x 18" Mud Grapplers.

Discount tire direct had the be$t price I could find on those.

In the end, patience won out, as Centerlines are usually $260.- + shipping ea. from Jegs or Summit.

Just ordered the Gorilla shorty chrome valve stems a few mins ago.

Can't wait to start painting the spokes black, epoxying skulls on em, & giving them a clear coat so I don't have to polish the shiny bits ever again...:yesgray:

Ldub
12/11/2010, 09:19 PM
:eek: GULP...just got off the phone with the good folks at Centerline...:freek:

They $eem to think that they $hould have $255.00 + $25.00 American Dollar$ each to get them to my door...not too likely...:rolleyesg

Yeah Baby...CHA - CHING!!!

VX KAT
12/11/2010, 11:23 PM
http://centerlinewheels.com/wheel_deals_detail.php?id=12274&type=vehicle&data=20

http://centerlinewheels.com/images/wheel_deals/12274rapid.jpg

Can't wait to start painting the spokes black, epoxying skulls on em, & giving them a clear coat so I don't have to polish the shiny bits ever again...:yesgray:

:thumbup::thumbup: Me likey!!!!!
Other than the Borbets, this is my other fav (and the styling looks very much like Kenny's and Travis' new ones...which I really like)

vt_maverick
12/13/2010, 10:28 AM
I hadda christian them down

LOL... :laughy: Nice one Dub.