PDA

View Full Version : Panic Button

handeeman
07/18/2009, 01:44 PM
Been thinking about asking Moncha to install a Panic button on the web site. Since I'm on here so much while I'm at work (lol) it would be nice to have when I see the Boss coming. I used to visit a site (some kind of games) that had a button in the upper right hand corner that said "see the boss coming, quick click here". When you clicked it , it would go to a page that looked like something from "world news" it had a stock graph, small weather map etc. It was pretty neat if anyone glanced over your shoulder it looked very business like. Just wondering if anyone else spends time at work here and has to bail out suddenly at times.
As Kirk says right below: I am lucky to have a job, but I am still guilty of sneaking on site when I can.

kirk hilton
07/18/2009, 01:50 PM
You're lucky to have a job :(

alterastro
07/19/2009, 12:25 AM
I always have a 'work page' open on another tab... If the boss is coming, just click that :smilewink

Nick

Dumke
07/19/2009, 01:14 AM
I wish that worked but managers along with a whole other group can monitor my screen what I am looking @ so no go for me.. Plus it tracks how long I am on the net vs work time and stores that on a server in missouri.. Thats why I have my phone thank goodness :)

handeeman
07/19/2009, 06:40 AM
EEEEEEEEEEk, you mean to tell me they might know what I'm doing ? OMG I guess it's a good thing I'm actually kinda self employed and they just let me hang out cause I help them when they need it. I think on second thought Moncha can just cancel this thread.

VXR
07/19/2009, 12:18 PM
You're lucky to have a job

X2

claylong
07/19/2009, 01:22 PM
There are some low-profile applications that you can install on your computer that will do the same thing, only faster and of course it works not only for any web pages but any application.

Check www.lifehacker.com (http://www.lifehacker.com) and do some searches, they seem to have the best recommendations.

handeeman
07/19/2009, 03:07 PM
There are some low-profile applications that you can install on your computer that will do the same thing, only faster and of course it works not only for any web pages but any application.

Check www.lifehacker.com (http://www.lifehacker.com) and do some searches, they seem to have the best recommendations.
Thank ya clay!