PDA

View Full Version : Supercharger install

Freon VX
07/29/2003, 03:16 PM
Where in ILllinois can I get the supercharger installed? I am not about to try to take this on myself.

Bill

AlaskaVX
07/29/2003, 04:11 PM
Go to the shop that you trust the most, and ask how many superchargers they have installed, just go from there. I was supprised to find that a lot of shops do supercharger installs, its not uncommon at all. I just went for the shop I trusted the most and they happened to also have the lowest labor rate too!

Tone
07/29/2003, 08:04 PM
You may want to download the instructions from my site and take them to the shop of your choosing. http://tonemonday.com/ Have them call me if they have ANY questions. Typical install cost varies from $600-800 but can be easily done by most home mechanics over a long weekend (starting Fri nite and up and running late Sat or early Sun) without specialized tools - just metric sockets, wrenches and allens. Metric taps are handy to clean out any threaded holes. I’m also available to fly out and either consult on, assist with or perform the install.

SGT.BATGUANO
07/29/2003, 08:52 PM
How about a s/c install session? Get all the Northern Illinois VX'ers together, let us wrench on it and keep us fed and "watered".

Freon VX
07/29/2003, 09:24 PM
Thats a great idea, though Im not sured how "watered" I want you to be until the install is done LOL

SGT.BATGUANO
07/29/2003, 09:44 PM
I'm definately up for it, but Tone suggests the install will be a long weekend, possibly longer if we encounter a problem, i.e. injector holes too small( ALASKA VX). Do you have alternate transportation? What time frame are you looking at for install. I'd also recommend downloading, printing and reading Tone's instructions prior to starting as I seem to recall another member mentioning something about a special socket, tap and scotchbrite pad(s). Keep me posted on what you decide.

Any other VX'ers interested in the mission?

AnalogVX
07/29/2003, 10:11 PM
That's a really good idea. I am pretty mechanically inclined and with several of us putting our heads together I believe we can knock this thing out. I'm game! C'mon Freon...let us wrench your VX!