PDA

View Full Version : Seat Brackets - Where's Allan

chumone
07/29/2003, 12:23 PM
Anyone hear from Allan lately? I ordered a set of seat brackets from him two months ago and last I heard (a month ago), he was shipping them out that week. He hasn't been responding to email since then...

nyc #1 ironman
07/29/2003, 12:41 PM
How much did he charge you?

kpaske
07/29/2003, 06:46 PM
What are the seat brackets for?

I rigged a set to lift the rear of the front seats about an inch or so to gain clearance for my amps. I just bought some longer bolts (made sure they were Grade 8, of course) a couple of washers, and some large rubber stoppers (about an inch thick and 2-1/2 inches wide) with a hole drilled through the middle. It doesn't look bad and you hardly notice the seats have been lifted. I guess that's the poor man's solution. ;Db;

IsuZOOM
07/29/2003, 07:51 PM
Some threads on the seat brackets:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=415
http://club.vmag.com/ubb/Forum39/HTML/003741.html

WyrreJ
07/29/2003, 07:59 PM
I sent him a check a month or two ago too, haven't heard a word, and last I checked, the check had not been cashed.

Spike
07/29/2003, 08:31 PM
I last heard from him 6-22...
I have been getting hit with some unexpected expenses - and told him I would be in touch soon.

Here I am just about ready to place an order ...

Hope he pops up soon!

SGT.BATGUANO
07/29/2003, 08:48 PM
I e-mailed him and received a response within the last few days. The price has gone up. What address are you using?

nyc #1 ironman
07/30/2003, 06:09 AM
How much is he charging for them now?

chumone
07/30/2003, 09:58 AM
When I ordered mine in May, it was $65 + $15 shipping. He said he would only take cash or a cashier's check, so I sent him a cashier's check, which means money gone for me. I'm also moving in a week and don't know if he has my new address (I emailed it to him).

I don't remember which address I mailed the check, but I know he received it. I've been emailing im at vehicrossxx@aol.com (or something like that).

edyavno
07/30/2003, 11:31 AM
Allan's handle here is BigMeatVX (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=81).
When I ordered my brackets, I used MYABBAKA@aol.com, but it was in Feb, and I don't know if it's still active.

Yefim
07/30/2003, 11:33 AM
Just want to jump in Allan's defense. I was in the same boat just a few weeks ago. I sent a payment to Allan few months back and have not heard from him since. He also did not respond to my emails. Turns out he was extremely busy plus he had some issues with the welder. Got my brackets just a couple of weeks ago, didn't have a chance to install them yet. Allan is a good guy so don't worry about it - you are not going to loose your money. He is just behind in orders and have too many things on his plate right now. Brackets are worth the wait from what I've seen.

Cheers.

Spike
07/30/2003, 11:36 AM
From my previous correspondance with him, I agree. He doesn't seem the kind to run off. (besides, we know where he lives)
I was more worried that something happened to him.

So the question is, do we wait until he is not as backlogged before placing an order? or just go ahead and order now?

Allan? You out there?

nyc #1 ironman
07/30/2003, 12:38 PM
I bought a set from Allan and they're still in the box, don't know if I'm going to put them on. When I get around to cleaning out my garage I may list some items on ebay. I don't think I will be seliing them for $65.00 as I believe I only paid like 40 or 50 bucks for them.

SGT.BATGUANO
07/30/2003, 10:21 PM
The xxx address is the one I used to contact him.

chumone
07/31/2003, 12:12 PM
I am not worried about Allan running away with my $$$, just worried that he's gonna send the brackets to my old address.

chumone
07/31/2003, 03:15 PM
Hm... just noticed that Allan is still active on these boards. Hope he reads this thread and gives us a heads up.

edyavno
08/01/2003, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by chumone
Hm... just noticed that Allan is still active on these boards. Hope he reads this thread and gives us a heads up.
Send him a private message, he'll get it next time he logs in, even if he misses this thread.

NC_VX
08/20/2003, 07:09 AM
If you say that hes legit, then I believe it! I have moved as well, so that is what I am worried about. I sent a private message to him so hopefully that helps!

NC Rocks~!

chumone
08/21/2003, 04:26 PM
FYI, I emailed and received a reply from Allan a couple of weeks ago. My brackets have been received and are waiting to be installed. I think the issue was that Allan lost track of who had/had not received their brackets.

NC_VX
09/05/2003, 10:36 PM
Alright, I haven't been on here since my last post on this section. I sent Allen a private message and got nothing back from him. Where the freak are my brackets. How can all of you back him in this state...

ALLEN, ARE YOU OUT THERE> I NEED YOUR HELP BUDDY> NO OFFENSE OR NOTHING< BUT YOU'VE GOT MY MONEY AND I've GOT NOTHING...

I have a baby on the way and it would be nice if my wife and i didn't have to go buy a 4 door...

IsuZOOM
09/08/2003, 01:27 PM
Did you just paypal him without talking to him first, or did he just stop responding after he was paid?

NC_VX
09/14/2003, 03:37 PM
I actually talked with him first before paying and he sent me address and timeframe and everything.

I just got an email from him today. He thought he completed the order. He is a nice guy and said he would get on it right away. Like some earlier posts, I just think he was overwhelmed with interest and as he didn't have a method to the madness, lost track of who had what!!!

I can't wait to get the seat brackets and allow for easier access to the back seats!

Thanks Allen for getting in touch with me...