PDA

View Full Version : CD won't eject

Satch
07/09/2009, 08:06 PM
I keep getting err 3 code. says i need to eject cd. but it won't eject. is there any simple way to fix or get the cd's out. or is it just as simple as, get a new sterio. thanks for any help. Satch

rowhard
07/09/2009, 08:07 PM
or is it just as simple as, get a new sterio. thanks for any help. Satch
yep

If you want to get serious and have 750.00 to spend, this might be a good deal. Look at part II, the Alpine system. http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=16046

Riff Raff
07/09/2009, 08:32 PM
The other solution is::smack:

On a serious note-- Try disconnecting the battery for at least an "hour", and then re-connect and try it again.

Ldub
07/09/2009, 08:43 PM
Look here...:smilewink

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=6211&highlight=CD+eject

Found that, & tons of other interesting reading material when I searched "CD eject".

pbkid
07/09/2009, 10:12 PM
Look here...:smilewink

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=6211&highlight=CD+eject

Found that, & tons of other interesting reading material when I searched "CD eject".

dub, i agree on searching for some questions...but this site would be aweful boring if everyone just searched all the time and never asked any questions huh? ;)

Ldub
07/10/2009, 03:24 AM
dub, i agree on searching for some questions...but this site would be aweful boring if everyone just searched all the time and never asked any questions huh? ;)

True that...:sleepgray

tom4bren
07/10/2009, 04:04 AM
I like your method tho of 'suggesting' search criteria. Just telling someone to use the search function without any help is kinda like telling someone to whip up a batch of chocolate monkees without telling them what's in it.

Case in point would be to search on CV boot to try to find the contact info for Independent4X. You'll be reading for hours unless you search on MechaTech instead.

Dub Da Man.

Gussie2000
07/10/2009, 05:21 AM
Usually when this kind of situations happens you ended up opening the changer to get the CD out.
This happens when the changer's synch system get meesed up,mostly because of a broken gear or one of the rubber belts worn to the point it is slacky or even burst

mdwyer
07/10/2009, 07:53 AM
The other solution is::smack:

I hate to say it, but Riff Raff is sort of right. Give the player a good tap and power it up again. It *might* work. It worked for me, at least.

Once the CD is ejected, eject the rest of the player. Start looking, now, for a cubby hole to replace it.

In general, these seem to mean that the elevator was unable to position a disk for playing. The plastic screwjacks that move the mechanism seem to wear out and eventually, the player will be unable to switch disks. If you begin to have problems, consider ejecting all your disks immediatly.

You might have luck with pushing EJECT while thumping the player on the right-hand side. No kidding.

Once you have extracted all your disks, the player may still work, so long as you avoid changing disks. The best recommendation is to change to an aftermarket stereo.

If you are completely unable to eject your CDs, you may still be able to extract them by taking the changer apart.

Anita
07/10/2009, 01:40 PM
1> Bang on side while pressing eject and Cd slot buttons.
2> Alternatively turn ignition on and off while doing #1
3> Remove player from holder, turn it upside down.. still connected to power bang a bit and press eject numerous times.

These are the ways I was able to conquer the err 3 on my player.

rowhard
07/10/2009, 01:55 PM
These are the ways I was able to conquer the err 3 on my player.

Then you replaced it, right?

Anita
07/10/2009, 07:26 PM
No, still have my original. Long story but the last time it happened where I really thought the thing was dead was when I turned the player upside down and pressed the eject. Out popped the CD.

Mind you, I banged on the thing on every side without luck until I turned it over and pressed the button.

The player works fine now.

rowhard
07/10/2009, 08:10 PM
No, still have my original. Long story but the last time it happened where I really thought the thing was dead was when I turned the player upside down and pressed the eject. Out popped the CD.

Mind you, I banged on the thing on every side without luck until I turned it over and pressed the button.

The player works fine now.

wow, maybe you need to write up a 'how to' for those that still have the thing

Satch
07/13/2009, 06:48 PM
thanks for all the tips, i will try them all. it worked for awhile the other day and then when south again. will let you all know what worked. thanks again.
satch