PDA

View Full Version : Wacky Window Lock

SomeBeach
07/08/2009, 05:48 PM
My wife drove the VX today. I had fixed the driver window about a week ago and when I got in the passenger window wouldn't go down. I quickly stated the natural words to express my displeasure then began thinking of removing the door panel. Then I find out the window lock button is engaged. This is the first vehicle I've owned that wouldn't let the driver operate the window while the lock was engaged. So glad I found out before doing a lot of work.

Gussie2000
07/08/2009, 05:57 PM
My wife drove the VX today. I had fixed the driver window about a week ago and when I got in the passenger window wouldn't go down. I quickly stated the natural words to express my displeasure then began thinking of removing the door panel. Then I find out the window lock button is engaged. This is the first vehicle I've owned that wouldn't let the driver operate the window while the lock was engaged. So glad I found out before doing a lot of work.

My master window switch stopped work thursday last week :confused:(no idea why) :confused:

Then on sunday morning it began to work with no clue. My thoughs (electrical circuit moisture) then yesterday i left the driver's window a bit down & bang...Quick rain shower felt on the afternoon wetting a bit the seat & the master switch......yes it stopped working again.
Then i removed the switch & found water inside the housing so went to my girl's hair saloon & use the hair dryer to get the circuit dry.

As today the switch isn't giving signs of live :(

Called the warranty company to order a new one