PDA

View Full Version : TdF

Triathlete
07/04/2009, 10:44 AM
Anyone else watching the Tour de France? It is going to be a good one! One stage down...20 to go!:thumbup:
:LineWave::LineWave::LineWave::LineWave::LineWave:

circmand
07/04/2009, 11:44 AM
I am betting that accept for you we do not have a lot of athletes on the board

rowhard
07/04/2009, 11:57 AM
I am betting that accept for you we do not have a lot of athletes on the board

Hey, I am a champion at curls, thats beer curls:_beer::_beer:;puke2;:_beer::_beer:

Dumke
07/04/2009, 03:18 PM
I actually sadly enough do watch it.. I watched the Girmo (one in Italy and yes I am spelling it wrong) I also am a HUGE fan of the ironman.. I will have to say the announcers make it worth while, if the announcers were bad I dotn think it would be as entertaining. I guess you can say that with anything.. I especially love the sprints at the end..

Since I dotn have cable I have been watching teh stuff on universal sports and wasnt aware it was on. Dont ask me name or teams. I just like them going VROOOM! Sad i know.

Triathlete
07/04/2009, 06:14 PM
Thats funny...all the cyclists and triathletes I know hate the announcers! They just want to see the race. I find them entertaining.:bwgy:

I think the problem for most non cycling enthusiasts is that they don't understand the concept behind cycling. They just think its a bunch of guys riding their bikes fast. They don't understand that there is a team aspect. That the attachs, chases, domestiques are all for a goal wheather it be to get a stage win for there sprinter or climber or to get there GC (General Classification (overall)) guy where he needs to be.

rowhard
07/04/2009, 06:26 PM
Thats funny...all the cyclists and triathletes I know hate the announcers! They just want to see the race. I find them entertaining.:bwgy:

I think the problem for most non cycling enthusiasts is that they don't understand the concept behind cycling. They just think its a bunch of guys riding their bikes fast. They don't understand that there is a team aspect. That the attachs, chases, domestiques are all for a goal wheather it be to get a stage win for there sprinter or climber or to get there GC (General Classification (overall)) guy where he needs to be.

See Billy, that is the part most of us don't understand but wish we did. Need actual ex competitors doing the announcing so they can bring us into the loop with the current racing technicno, like Steve Machett and David Hobbs do with their F1 broadcast on Speed. I actually do watch it,... not that I understand it

Triathlete
07/04/2009, 07:33 PM
Those guys are all ex cyclists. :yesy:

don moore
07/04/2009, 09:35 PM
Hey when you coming to my town........

Dumke
07/05/2009, 02:01 AM
See billy watching ine Girmo<sp> they explain some of it. I am one that will listen and open to some what learn a new sport I am watching..

LOL side story:: I had a Aussie friend spend 2 hrs explaining on ventrillo, Cricket to me while I searched youtube video's on it.

But yes I liked the anncouners lol.. Specially the ironmans in hawaii (bob costas I think.. sorry its late) But he makes it personal and I find that intresting.

yes team sport got it just when it comes to the end you want to beat yoru team so doesnt it then not make it a team sport. :p

Ya I was watching a tdf and a lead pack of 3-5 I forget well one decided he wasnt going to take lead in rotation as they do to save there energy (heard from announcer but sorta figured that out watching lol) SO the few of them waited till a hill climb and sprinted the heck outta that hill and totally left the slacker in teh dust. So yeah even if your not on same team you still help out your enemy (competitor lol) out because in turn it helps you out. I find that very appealing to the sport because what aother sport do you help the person your trying to beat win?? (ok nascar but it doesnt count as a sport its only right hand turns) lol... :p

sorry for spelling gramr blah its late.

Riff Raff
07/05/2009, 06:14 PM
(ok nascar but it doesnt count as a sport its only right hand turns) lol... :p

DUMKE--- Nope; sorry, NASCAR drivers only turn left (not right). Speaking of NASCAR, did anyone see that fantastic finish in Daytona on the 4th of July??? Tony Stewart (my most favorite driver) put that pinhead Kyle Busch into the wall just before the finish line. Priceless. Tony was probably thinking-- "I flashed my high-beams at him, but he wouldn't get outta' my way".

Triathlete
07/05/2009, 06:37 PM
Its the "GIRO" de Italia (Tour of Italy) Dumke. That race, the Tour de France and the Vuelta a Espana (Tour of Spain) make up the grand tours in cycling.
In the spring there are several smaller (usually 3-9 days) tours and the 1 day classics. If you ever catch it on TV (or internet)the Paris-Roubaix race. It is a great spring classic and has many sections where they race over the old cobblestone roads.

rickshaw
07/05/2009, 10:20 PM
My basic cable doesn't carry The Tour. Trying to catch what I can on the internet.

On my ipod I have a couple of great vintage Tour De France videos, very inspiring, worth watching.

Lance Armstrong - Luz Ardiden 2003 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27SFeKk2LpY)

Lance Armstrong - Alpe D'Huez 2001 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHJErrp4eOw)

Dumke
07/05/2009, 10:36 PM
Ya onlybasic tv here and tour isnt playing on universal sports station..

Right/Left turn... Only a nascar fan would correct me :p lol

Sorry was late and not so sober when I posted. So I screwed up the joke :D

Thats it Billy.. was too lazy to look it up how to spell it.

tomdietrying
07/06/2009, 09:00 AM
Yeah, I'm watching too.
War Lance.
Peace.
Tom

don moore
07/10/2009, 02:26 PM
when I saw TDF i thought of this.....lol

Terrestrial Defence Force

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/3200/DSCF1674a.jpg