PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle shipping

hellomoto
07/03/2009, 09:56 AM
Not sure which forum to list this.
Anyone recommend a shipping company? I need to move a vehicle from Washington down to Florida.

Happy 4th all

tjh
07/03/2009, 10:13 AM
http://www.agapetransport.com/

I used agape to ship my vx , My car arrived a day earlier than what was quoted . They were very polite and the truck driver would call and give me updates on his location . Everything went super smooth .

handeeman
07/03/2009, 10:19 AM
http://www.agapetransport.com/

I used agape to ship my vx , My car arrived a day earlier than what was quoted . They were very polite and the truck driver would call and give me updates on his location . Everything went super smooth .

Yep, although I've have never used them I have heard good things about them.

VX KAT
07/03/2009, 10:22 AM
I used DAS Dependable Auto Shippers to ship my VX from Virginia to AZ in December, cost, $1000. They are ebay's officially sanctioned auto carrier, very good, reliable, etc...

They also have a real time web tracking thing so you can look up and see where the truck is at any time.

Plus you can get a REAL quote on their website without 10,000 followup emails and calls like the other dozen or so companies I contacted for quotes. Oh my god, they didn't stop calling & emailing for months! DAS didn't give me any hassles or sales pressure.
http://www.dasautoshippers.com/

Riff Raff
07/03/2009, 12:55 PM
I used DAS Dependable Auto Shippers to ship my VX from Virginia to AZ in December, cost, $1000. They are ebay's officially sanctioned auto carrier, very good, reliable, etc...

They also have a real time web tracking thing so you can look up and see where the truck is at any time.

Plus you can get a REAL quote on their website without 10,000 followup emails and calls like the other dozen or so companies I contacted for quotes. Oh my god, they didn't stop calling & emailing for months! DAS didn't give me any hassles or sales pressure.
http://www.dasautoshippers.com/

I concur 100% with VX-KAT. D.A.S. (Dependable Auto Shippers) is the biggest and least expensive auto transport business in the entire world. I bought my VX on eBay and shipped it from Ohio to Washington State for only $800 and it arrived in perfect condition without a scratch. They give you a "tracking number", and you are able to track it during transit at all times. Plus D.A.S. will not be undersold-- if you have a legitimate offer from a competing transport company that's cheaper, then D.A.S. will "beat their price".

What's really cool about D.A.S. is they have multiple "drop-off"/"pick-up" motorpools located throughout the USA that are as secure as military installations and totally safeguard your vehicle when not in transit. The secure motorpool transfer points make it easy for a seller/friend to drop-off the vehicle in advance while awaiting transport, and safeguards the vehicle at the destination point until the buyer/friend is ready to pick-up the vehicle. Extremely convenient for all parties involved.

D.A.S. also has various upgrade options-- like dedicated "Upper Shelf" (prevents oil drippings on your car from the car above; besides most tall SUV's are put on Upper Shelf anyway due to their high roof-line with low slung Sportscars put on bottom shelf), "Open" or "Enclosed" trailer transport to protect it from the weather, and "Expedited Delivery" if you need it delivered in a hurry. Check-out the wesite for D.A.S., they are simply the best, least expensive, most convenient, and will give you total peace of mind.

hellomoto
07/03/2009, 01:50 PM
Thanks all. It's a hell of a long way from Washington State to Florida and I really don't fancy flying out and driving back, but it's all down to costs. I shall check out all recommended.

SomeBeach
07/05/2009, 07:51 AM
I would recommend you do some good price comparrisons. When I was having a car shipped I got on computer and found prices were from very affordable to very expensive. Some companies will cut you a deal if they have a delivery in the area where you want your car picked up. A guy bought a car from me and needed it shipped from Virginia to Colorado. He found a company that was picking up another car close by. Saved a lot of money.

blujfan9293
07/05/2009, 09:12 AM
avoid companies that require you to put a deposit down payment; google the scams/troubles in this industry. the carrier is often separate from whom picks up your car; one issue is a higher bill after pickup and they have your car. reputable beats cheap.

Solitude
07/05/2009, 09:42 AM
United Road is another company that could do that trip..

http://unitedroad.com

They are not a broker and have terminals all over the country

idgaf27
07/06/2009, 07:22 AM
United Road is another company that could do that trip..

http://unitedroad.com

They are not a broker and have terminals all over the country

Find a friend who has an access to "Central Dispatch" and you'll get best price ever.
I had closed my account, can't help now, but this is the way I shipped over 300 cars last year accross country.

Fe
07/07/2009, 05:03 AM
I've had two transported 1,300+ miles. Carriers are a roll of the dice. I read reviews but stand 50-50. Recently used United Auto Carriers (Transport) and they delivered a VX with $600 damage. It was a large dent/scratch in tire cover area. The driver denied, but we had pictures...make sure you document with pictures. Estimated costs of shipping $900...downpayment $200....net drivers cut $100. I did feel bad for the driver as it that probably got him < 300 miles @ 8 miles per gallon. Did I mention to have condition report faxed, and document with pictures?

Riff Raff
07/07/2009, 10:44 AM
Well, there you go-- scratch United Transport off the list forever. They severely damage your vehicle and then flat lie in your face, too.

D.A.S. (Dependable Auto Shippers) is the only way to go!!!

JoFotoz
07/07/2009, 11:24 AM
I used an outfit called...

Alpha Omega Transport when we shipped "VXEN" , the non running Astral VX from Atlanta to San Diego.

Two brothers..personal attention...updates during trip.

$800...shipped on time , one bent roof rack support/tower..replaced by them with no issues.(Yup..they found one!)

I'd use them again.

Alpha Omega Transport

Joshua Balos

1-714-450-0156

Tell 'em I sent ya , if you use them!

jo