PDA

View Full Version : Rear acoustic fill

tjh
07/02/2009, 08:30 PM
I would like to correct my sound systems . Here is the heist , I bought some component speaker systems for my car and installed them front and rear . The entire car is front stage now . I would like to remove the rear components from my car and put them in the doors of the Vx. Problem is I'm having a difficult time finding a component speaker with good mid-bass to put in place of the speakers that I want to remove.

I'm looking for 6.5"woofer with good clear mid base.

My current system is 2 sets of Boston Acoustics SL 60's and a couple of jl 10's .

Riff Raff
07/02/2009, 08:40 PM
Check-out www.Crutchfield.com

In addition, fellow member "PBKID" (aka Peanut Butter Kid) is a car audio installer at Best Buy and he might have some good advice for you as well.

Triathlete
07/02/2009, 09:03 PM
Here are a few good reads...unfortunately the pics are no longer available
Read this (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=8662&highlight=stereo)
and this (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=10837&highlight=stereo)
Probably 2 of the nicest non-shop installs in a VX!:yeso:

Gussie2000
07/02/2009, 09:17 PM
A three way speakers will do the magic,let's say 'bout 200/250 output watts.

The head unit is definetly a important key in good audio system so make sure you get the right stuff in there,the rear OEM speakers can be removed & place in there a 6.5" along with the front ones with one or two subs piking up to 500 watts is enough to have a rocking dancing VX ;)

pbkid
07/03/2009, 10:35 AM
A LOT of car audio depends on what your willing to spend???

thats probably the first thing we need to figure out here in order to find a good audio system for you.

$100? $200? $500? $1000?

give us an idea and we can suggest some things.

tjh
07/03/2009, 05:02 PM
What I'm trying to do is keep a pair of my sl60's in my car and put the other pair in the VX . That part is simple ,what I cant seem to find are some 6.5" mid-range woofers for the rear of each vehicle. It seems that all 6.5" speakers come with tweeters, I don't want tweeters. So far it looks like I'm going to have to get a pair with tweeters that are not attached to the woofer and just leave the tweeters out. Cool , So the Boston SL60's sound great but lack heavily on the mid base IMO . I want to remedy this with a pair of good quality 6.5" speakers . 1 set for each car which will be installed in the rear factory speaker mounts . Good strong clear mid base is the goal , the subs take care of the rest. I'm looking for sound quality. Price, I'm willing to dish out another grand to complete my sound systems. It's all about SQ.

pbkid
07/03/2009, 05:09 PM
hmm...that could be difficult to find a speaker that only has midrange.
you could
1. buy a component and not install the tweeter (your idea above)
2. bite the bullet and buy a coaxial and have a little less low end...

i know it sounds crazy, but i have a pair of old boston acoustics (component with the separate tweeter), that i would be willing to send to you for $20+shipping... the reason for the low cost is that they have no crossover so they dont sound good right now (they are trying to produce high freq. out of the woofer)...
i only have the woofers, no crossover and no tweeter. they are older, but they still sound ok. you would just have to find an inductor at the right Hz to eliminate the high freq.

Triathlete
07/03/2009, 05:15 PM
Ebay has a ton of 6.5 inch mid woofers for sale. Most all high end speaker manufacturers offer seperate's. There are also a few on there that people seperated component systems. Took 10 seconds to search there.

Triathlete
07/03/2009, 05:16 PM
you would just have to find an inductor at the right Hz to eliminate the high freq.

Ebay has those too!:bgwo:

pbkid
07/03/2009, 05:18 PM
yup....thats one way to find them

(sorry i refuse to use Ebay)

Gussie2000
07/03/2009, 05:30 PM
Well,i bought all of my audio stuff from ebay.com

I think dealing with ebay is just matter of going with the right people;Never had a singular issue with any of them.

I'll suggest go with the sellers with "Ebay store" many of them has phone numbers you can use to even place the order or pay for the item after the action is over.

I refuse to use particular sellers unless the item isn't that important or expensive but do have good feed back with more then three years.

Just my 2 cents