PDA

View Full Version : I see several Rodeos & Troopers daily! Is that average?

VX KAT
07/01/2009, 04:48 PM
This is kind of a useless post, but I'm curious about something.... :?:
I live in an area with about 50,000 people spread out over 200 square miles...I drive maybe 15 miles per day....in that distance, I see no fewer than about 6 Rodeos, 2 Troopers, & at least 2/week I see an Amigo.

Is it 'cuz I'm noticing them more or does that seem like a high number for this small of an area, for vehicles that ceased production several years ago??? It's a rural type area with some farming & lots of dirt roads, so they're very appropriate type vehicles but still seems like a high number to me....:_thinking

I'm thinking there must be a gold mine of Rodeo/Trooper parts in a boneyard somewhere nearby!

Gussie2000
07/01/2009, 05:47 PM
I'll say it is common.isuzu has a lot of SUV out there from the 80's & 90'S.

I mostly spot rodeos & troopers then even the axioms.

Got three co-workers whom owns a isuzu (two rodeos & one trooper) + my VX ,actually a daily mini isuzu truck meet.

I always said isuzu was just a car manufacturer with unfortunate luck,their products are proven to be very good & reliable.

Hope they can be able to do a comeback into the US market in the future,but that can be dificult if they don't do so with a full line up of very atractives products to gain consumer's attention.

Joe_Black
07/01/2009, 06:39 PM
You have to realize that both the Trooper and Rodeo were at various times the best-selling SUV's in America and some consider them pioneers in the genre. As a former Trooper owner it's sort of an inside joke as they've been around so long that the lack of cup holders became kind of a "hot button" with all the new SUV's having plenty. ;)

circmand
07/02/2009, 07:48 AM
I'll say it is common.isuzu has a lot of SUV out there from the 80's & 90'S.

I mostly spot rodeos & troopers then even the axioms.

Got three co-workers whom owns a isuzu (two rodeos & one trooper) + my VX ,actually a daily mini isuzu truck meet.

I always said isuzu was just a car manufacturer with unfortunate luck,their products are proven to be very good & reliable.

Hope they can be able to do a comeback into the US market in the future,but that can be dificult if they don't do so with a full line up of very atractives products to gain consumer's attention.

When GM owned a good share of Isuzu they wanted a small car supplier and diesel engine supplier. They actually hurt the company in the US making them follows rules that hurt their ability to compete. Forunately Isuzu bought back GM shares and will probably be back when the current economic upheaval settles. The US market is too big to ignore.

handeeman
07/02/2009, 09:52 AM
KAT, I agree with Gussie and Circmand. There are a lot of them around here in the Orlando area. I know when I take an Isuzu to a auction there is a lot of interest. Especially if it's not totally a piglet. A lot of the "buy-here pay-here" dealers buy them because they will keep running for a long time.

Gussie2000
07/02/2009, 12:21 PM
When GM owned a good share of Isuzu they wanted a small car supplier and diesel engine supplier. They actually hurt the company in the US making them follows rules that hurt their ability to compete. Forunately Isuzu bought back GM shares and will probably be back when the current economic upheaval settles. The US market is too big to ignore.

Yes that's right.
And you know what ?
Life is a tricky game to play with.
GM felt down and yet still isuzu remained on business world wide. What a irony

nfpgasmask
07/02/2009, 01:38 PM
Is it 'cuz I'm noticing them more or does that seem like a high number for this small of an area

It's probably a little of both. But for me, I know for sure that Isuzu had a BIG presence here in Reno. Even when I was back in Chicago (an infinitely bigger city than Reno) I saw less Isuzus on the road. Out here though, I see DOZENS of Rodeos daily, and LOTS of Troopers. I even probably see 4 or 5 1st gen Troopers EVERY DAY.

Its really cool because I think my local Pick & Pull will have a lot of Isuzus for a long while. :)

Bart

nfpgasmask
07/02/2009, 01:45 PM
You have to realize that both the Trooper and Rodeo were at various times the best-selling SUV's in America and some consider them pioneers in the genre. As a former Trooper owner it's sort of an inside joke as they've been around so long that the lack of cup holders became kind of a "hot button" with all the new SUV's having plenty. ;)

The cup holder thing is so funny, because when I was a teenager still living at home, my parents had a 94 and a 96 Trooper (the 96 is still kickin and my Mom drives it daily). For YEARS I always complained about the lack of cupholders, and it wasn't until I bought my VX did I gain the respect that quickly turned into a love affair with the thing. At that point I was happy there were no cup holders because it was a deterrent to bringing drinks into my beloved VX. :D

Since then though, I have added a cup holder because it is still quite annoying. :)

Bart

Scott Harness
07/02/2009, 02:41 PM
Since then though, I have added a cup holder because it is still quite annoying. :)

Bart

That's what your crotch is for!:bgwb:

nfpgasmask
07/02/2009, 02:47 PM
That's what your crotch is for!:bgwb:

Keeps the boys nice and cool...:D

Bart

Joe_Black
07/02/2009, 06:56 PM
Keeps the boys nice and cool...:D

Bart
Best Trooper feature: The crotch vent! :yesy: