PDA

View Full Version : Hey, where's Osteomata?

VX KAT
06/27/2009, 10:18 PM
Hey, where's Osteomata gone, seems he's gone MIA??? :wave: Hasn't logged in for several weeks. Hope he's OK.

Os/Jack? You OK?

Riff Raff
06/28/2009, 04:09 AM
VX-KAT--- Hey, good point. In fact I E-Mailed him a week ago, and he never replied. Normally, he's pretty quick with a E-Mail reply too. Hmmm, something is definately askew.

Gussie2000
06/28/2009, 05:30 AM
Yes,he haven't log for a while.

Probably on vacation trip ?

Too much of work ?

Forgot his log in password ?

Riff Raff
06/29/2009, 08:42 PM
:bump:

Osteomata
06/30/2009, 05:58 AM
Hi all, I'm alive and well, and really appreciate the concern. I have been travelling internationally a heck of a lot lately, busy busy busy. Now this Honduran fiasco (http://thecrossedpond.com/?p=9006) has me spinning a bit at work. It is always something, innit?

My VX is doing well except for one minor problem: I backed into a surfer dude's beater, dented his door pretty badly, and dented in the left rear corner of my bumper cladding. Hoping I will be able to pop it out. So now Marlin's digital rear view mirror & back up camera rig just became my most desired mod.
- Os
(Full disclosure, thats my blog post linked above)

handeeman
06/30/2009, 09:26 AM
Glad to hear you out and about. Sorry, bout the surfer dude's door, but even more sorry for the cladding blemish. Hope it pops out ok.

pbkid
07/01/2009, 08:44 PM
give it a little heat (i use a heat gun) and it will pop right back out!

i was up in the mountains messing around last week, and got really hung up on a rock on my drivers door...my mom was with me and she was freaking out because she said that i ruined my door (cladding was caved in)...gave it some heat from the gun, and boom...right back out to factory ;)

ps- minus a few scratches

Osteomata
07/02/2009, 07:56 AM
pbkid,
I'll give it a go, but I think that this indent is gonna require some leverage from the inside combined with heat.
-Os

Triathlete
07/02/2009, 09:43 AM
Pull the cladding piece off and use a heat gun/hair dryer from the inside. Then you should be able to push it out pretty easily.