PDA

View Full Version : VX Window Problem

VX Monster
07/28/2003, 03:42 PM
OK, it's happened to me. My windows are running up slowly, and now they're popping out of the track, and rocking nose-down, too.

Here's the thing: I've heard about this time and time again on these boards, but my dealer, who's being really great (see http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1554), isn't aware of the Isuzu fix for this. And I can't remember.

Does anyone know the *official* Isuzu line on these? Is there a tech note in a national Isuzu system that I can point him to? Or, alternatively, what do they need to do? I've heard of shims, I've heard of replaced actuators... I'm still well within my warranty, and I don't want to open the door myself and start bending stuff; I want them to fix it and for them to do it the right way.

And I'll guide them there if I need to.

Anyone? TIA.

Steve

psychos2
07/28/2003, 04:39 PM
have the dealership call Sierra Isuzu in southern California (626) 359-8291 and ask for Hank. he will be able to help them. shawn

VX Monster
07/28/2003, 05:41 PM
psychos2,

Thanks - I called him, and he talked about his guy knowing just how to bend the guiderails, but I'm concerned that may not be "official" enough for warranty work.

Does anyone remember if there was an official Isuzu position on this?

Tone
07/28/2003, 05:49 PM
There is not and both customer relations and dealers will say they have never seen it but that it is surely caused by: window tint, deflectors or customer abuse - good luck! Follow the do it yourself method described here after the dealer reluctantly replaces the regulators or adjusts the windows and the problem returns.

SuperDave
07/28/2003, 07:00 PM
My dealer's fix was the total replacement of both window assemblies under warranty. Three of the five VXs sold there had the same problem.

VehiCrazy
07/29/2003, 08:20 AM
My driver side window did the same thing. Took it to the dealer and they installed a new regulator. Problem solved... so far.