PDA

View Full Version : Boarzheads troubles

AlaskaVX
07/28/2003, 01:11 PM
OK so Boarzhead hasn't been on here for a long time since his computer went down. He has been having a lot of trouble with his VX in the meantime. He is throwing a code P0301 I think, anyway its for a misfire in the #1 cylinder. He has been getting a lot of other codes too. When he is driving it acts normal then (I think when he starts slowing down or at a stop light) suddenly it will bog down and sound like it is going to die. He checked his coils (switched them around) and still gets misfire in #1. Everytime he does something like change the plugs, etc. it runs for a week with no problems then it does it again. There is a lot more to this but this is all I could remember. He has checked a lot of the simple stuff but can't figure it out, any insight?

Also we want to know what this senser by the brake fluid container is. It is wrapped in foam and just hangs there. We can not figure out for the life of us what the hell it is.

Boarzhead is sooo frustrated with all his sensers going bad that he is really debating on throwing a carburated Northstar V8 in there. He wants something that he can work on. He tends to think he can fit it, I look at it and just smile and say go for it!

psychos2
07/28/2003, 02:24 PM
the thing hanging by the brake fluid container is the beeper for the alarm. shawn

Hotsauce
07/28/2003, 03:24 PM
If you live nearby, you might try swapping ECU with him. Go over the connectors on the harness, open esch one, and clean/grease it, you may have gotten some moisture in there.

I find that many times codes are from something entirely different than what the code indicates.

John C.

AlaskaVX
07/29/2003, 12:41 PM
Just bringing it back to the top

andy454
07/30/2003, 09:55 AM
Can you find out what the other codes are? If they are multiple sensors, I would start to voltage drop all grounds at the sensors. With the vehicle running place one lead on the neg battery post and with the other lead back probe each sensor ground. 0.1v or less. If there is more volts than this it means there is some resistance past the sensor. Try and get the codes and post back.

AlaskaVX
10/16/2003, 03:10 PM
OK so he ended up taking it to the shop and they found that when he got the body lift done it stretched his wires. All the wires are attatched to the frame, and when they lifted the body they didn't really notice it I guess. It was running fine for a while after he had it done, but then one day I guess the wires got stretched to the point of pulling out of the wiring harness. Well he just got it back yesterday with all new wires and harness, and he's back on the road. So for everyone doing a body lift be warned!:eek:

WormGod
10/17/2003, 07:31 AM
I would never imagine doing a body lift on anything, heh. ;eekb; Well, except perhaps.... no, we wont go there. She wouldnt appreciate me talking about her like that. ;)

Navigator
10/17/2003, 07:43 AM
Glad to here you are back on the road. Don't let these little set backs discourage you, by all means continue to push the limits and post your findings here. No doubt your's is the most lifted VX ever. Keep up the good work :luck: