PDA

View Full Version : Regional Usergroups

Moncha
06/22/2009, 04:28 PM
As I tried to say before, I've added the ability for registered users to join Regional Usergroups allowing for you to be classified by a certain area within the USA and other countries.

This allows for viewing the Members list and seeing who else is in your region.
To use, you would first have to pick a region. This is done by going to your User Control Panel (Under the "Quick Links"), on the lower left side you will see "Group Memberships". You can choose the region you want to be associated with (Please only pick one).

To see other users within your region, you can select the "Memberlist" link on the "Quick Links" menu and scroll down till you see your region.

I may be making some additional changes/enhancements but, for now here ya go.

Pepino
06/22/2009, 09:50 PM
Great idea Scott! thanks! wouldnt it also be a good idea to be able to send a PM to everyone in that region to make it easy to contact them for any regional meets we have instead of looking state by state person by person or something like that?

Just an idea =)

Thank you again Scott!

Moncha
06/29/2009, 08:46 AM
I'll work on that..

Come on folks get them groups updated!

nfpgasmask
06/29/2009, 08:58 AM
Great idea, Moncha! But what the hell region should I be in? I mean, Reno really isn't Pacific Northwest, nor would I consider it the Southwest. I guess I would be Mountain Region? To me that is more Colorado, Utah and maybe eastern Nevada, but I suppose we here would be closer to whatever region San Francisco would fall into? Otherwise, I think Mountain is probably the best, right? What say you? :p

Bart

circmand
06/29/2009, 09:26 AM
As I tried to say before, I've added the ability for registered users to join Regional Usergroups allowing for you to be classified by a certain area within the USA and other countries.

This allows for viewing the Members list and seeing who else is in your region.
To use, you would first have to pick a region. This is done by going to your User Control Panel (Under the "Quick Links"), on the lower left side you will see "Group Memberships". You can choose the region you want to be associated with (Please only pick one).

To see other users within your region, you can select the "Memberlist" link on the "Quick Links" menu and scroll down till you see your region.

I may be making some additional changes/enhancements but, for now here ya go.

under anything in quick links. I see one column so there is no left side. What am I doing wrong?

Moncha
06/29/2009, 09:44 AM
Under the "Quick Links" (Top menu of the home page) Click on "User Control Panel", once the user control panel comes up, look at the menu choices on the left, should be towards the bottom.

Bart, I'd say Pacific Northwest?

circmand
06/29/2009, 10:39 AM
thanks

Moncha
06/29/2009, 10:44 AM
np!

Gussie2000
06/29/2009, 07:33 PM
Sorry scott but i haven't see that link so far :confused:

Ldub
07/02/2009, 10:48 AM
Sorry scott but i haven't see that link so far :confused:

Look here...http://www.vehicross.info/forums/profile.php?do=editusergroups

Moncha
07/14/2009, 08:13 PM
I've added some other International regions. I hope they fit, if not, let me know and I'll add what is needed.