PDA

View Full Version : Shipping of VX parts overseas

IL
06/22/2009, 10:07 AM
Hi guys!
I would like to buy some VX parts from US dealers, but the thing is that I'm in Europe and can not find any dealer who will ship ordered parts overseas. Maybe someone can help me with advice how to manage... Thanks in advance!

KeithVXlvr
06/22/2009, 10:30 AM
Get yourself a freight forwarder.

I work for one and we can arrange to pick up the cargo, get it shipped overseas (AIR or Ocean). Then our office at destination would clear and deliver to you based on your instructions.

Shipping is expensive but, if they are not small pasts going into FedEx boxes or UPS the, this is the best way to go.

alterastro
06/22/2009, 10:47 AM
What parts are you looking for IL? I'm in the UK and have found a few suppliers that will ship to europe. Let us know what you're after and we may be able to help.

Nick

IL
06/23/2009, 03:57 AM
Thanks for the answers!
Parts I would like to buy are not so big - driver side power mirror assy, remote (keyless), and headlight plastic protectors. I'm actually not sure about the third lot, is it possible to buy headlight partially and not the assembly.. There is a picture of this thing in VehiCross Parts List available here for downloading, it's №4 in the section Front Lamps, page 2. The matter is not so urgent, but I want to find out if it would be possible to order and get the parts next month for example.

uncle_asa
06/23/2009, 09:50 PM
Thanks for the answers!
Parts I would like to buy are not so big - driver side power mirror assy, remote (keyless), and headlight plastic protectors. I'm actually not sure about the third lot, is it possible to buy headlight partially and not the assembly.. There is a picture of this thing in VehiCross Parts List available here for downloading, it's №4 in the section Front Lamps, page 2. The matter is not so urgent, but I want to find out if it would be possible to order and get the parts next month for example.

The headlight "glasses" are not availaible as separate part. The part shown in EPC is rubber seal in fact (though looks like plastic part with marker compartment).

nfpgasmask
06/23/2009, 10:37 PM
I can always help with shipping parts overseas. I am always at the post office shipping masks and stuff anyhow. The only thing I ask is that you pay for everything up front, and be ready for heavy shipping costs because airmail is expensive nowadays.

If you are seriously in need, PM me and I can get prices from Merlin.

Bart

IL
06/24/2009, 12:37 AM
I can always help with shipping parts overseas. I am always at the post office shipping masks and stuff anyhow. The only thing I ask is that you pay for everything up front, and be ready for heavy shipping costs because airmail is expensive nowadays.

If you are seriously in need, PM me and I can get prices from Merlin.

Bart

Thanks a lot! I'll probably get back to you with this. :winky:

blacksambo
06/24/2009, 07:01 PM
Don't forget your VIN number. Remember all VX specific parts are on allocation and will only go to certified VIN holders.

pbkid
06/24/2009, 09:55 PM
Don't forget your VIN number. Remember all VX specific parts are on allocation and will only go to certified VIN holders.
what do you mean?? i havent heard that one before..

blacksambo
06/25/2009, 07:03 AM
You will nptice when you approach a dealer for parts they will insist on the VIN first before processing your order. I once tried to get parts from a UK dealer but because my VIN was USA model no dice.

blujfan9293
06/25/2009, 11:12 AM
one way is to buy parts listed for sale on the site. the reduced price covers the increased shipping. I shipped parts to Australia and Romania when I parted out.