PDA

View Full Version : Moab 'Zu XIII May 11, May 15, 2010

CrnCnn
05/14/2009, 05:23 PM
As you can tell the mrs and I really are bummed we didnt make this year. We will make it next year even if we take her Grand Cherokee and ride the trails with someone else or drive the GC along in the back.

Mrs. CRNCNN
05/14/2009, 06:23 PM
As you can tell the mrs and I really are bummed we didnt make this year. We will make it next year even if we take her Grand Cherokee and ride the trails with someone else or drive the GC along in the back.

Which is taller than the VX...not to gloat or anything!!:clap:

Triathlete
05/14/2009, 09:08 PM
We are a friendly bunch...we even allow those Jeep things to tag along. Someone has to show them what they are suppose to be used for!:bwgy:

Mrs. CRNCNN
05/14/2009, 09:37 PM
We are a friendly bunch...we even allow those Jeep things to tag along. Someone has to show them what they are suppose to be used for!:bwgy:

Yeah! :D i will be the recovery vehicle!!!!:_steering

PK
05/14/2009, 11:30 PM

I was wondering why that VX was towing that Jeep down the hill backwards.:bwgr::bgwp::bgwo:

Not a good photo.

PK

VehiGAZ
05/15/2009, 07:13 AM
I was wondering why that VX was towing that Jeep down the hill backwards.

LOL!!!! Good one!

CrnCnn
05/15/2009, 07:39 AM
Which is taller than the VX...not to gloat or anything!!:clap:

PHOTOS AND MEASURING TAPE TONIGHT LADY!!! YOURS HAS SETTLED!!!!

:bgwg:

Mrs. CRNCNN
05/15/2009, 12:32 PM

It's a date! dont't park on the higher part of the dirt!!!:thumbup:

handeeman
05/15/2009, 12:40 PM
I was wondering why that VX was towing that Jeep down the hill backwards.:bwgr::bgwp::bgwo:

Not a good photo.

PK

I thought it was pushing the Jeep uphill with a good stiff strap.

Triathlete
05/15/2009, 08:14 PM
If you are refering to the pic of Zues behind Linda Adams jeep at the VX run be known that Zues is at a handycap...he no longer has a stock rearend. It is an open diff!:bwgr:

VX-157
05/20/2009, 10:41 PM
after seeing all the photos showing great landscapes etc i am very tempted to come over. Need to work out a few details.....

CrnCnn
05/21/2009, 08:50 AM
after seeing all the photos showing great landscapes etc i am very tempted to come over. Need to work out a few details.....

Thats the Spirit!!!

I like that there are no "NO's" yet. :bwgy:

JoFotoz
05/21/2009, 09:29 AM
Hi Hetzer , I'll do ya a deal....

You get 5 minutes of "Wheel Time" in the ORW...

...for every "Industrial Size" bag of CHEESE TWISTIES ya bring over.

I'll happily right shotgun for hours & hours...munching on'em!.....:dance:

jo

PS...Bonus 1/2 hour per six pack of VB!!! :_beer:

Triathlete
05/21/2009, 10:14 AM

You know there will be plenty of open seats for you if you make it over!:bwgy:

rowhard
05/21/2009, 04:19 PM
You know there will be plenty of open seats for you if you make it over!:bwgy:

Bring a few crates of Castlemaine XXXX with ya mate and you can drive my Dragon:_beer:

Mrs. CRNCNN
05/22/2009, 04:26 PM

ok just in case anyone was wondering...the Jeep is taller than the VX!!! Victory is mine at least until i find a PROTON!!!!!! Then i will have to start all over!!!!:clap::clap::clap:

Ldub
05/23/2009, 03:06 AM
ok just in case anyone was wondering...the Jeep is taller than the VX!!! Victory is mine at least until i find a PROTON!!!!!! Then i will have to start all over!!!!:clap::clap::clap:

Hmmmmm...Ok, but does it corner like a VX?...:naughty:

Mrs. CRNCNN
05/23/2009, 09:05 AM
Hmmmmm...Ok, but does it corner like a VX?...:naughty:

Sure it does, just a little wider ;)

VX-157
05/27/2009, 06:51 PM
Bring a few crates of Castlemaine XXXX with ya mate and you can drive my Dragon:_beer:
]

lol i think i might have a luggage issue if i was to bring a few crates.....so tempting just to drive a dragon! Very very tempting :cool:

oh on a side note i was dropping a mate of at the airport and i parked next a delivery truck. No sooner was i out of my vx the driver of the truck was offering me 3 pallet loads of crown lager for my beastie......i told him to throw a pallet load of 12 year scotch in and he had a deal.....:D

Now that we have moved into our new home (first home we have owned) i can now start to budget and look into this with renewed energy

Triathlete
06/19/2009, 02:36 PM
Well it has only been 38 days since Moab 09 but it seems like it has been a lot longer. I guess time drags when you don't have to go to work any more:bwgy:
Only like 327 days to go!:dan_ban::dan_ban::dan_ban::dan_ban::dan_ban:
Time to get the new countdown started!

Unofficial official dates are VX run May 11 2010 Zuzoo May 12-15 2010
The official unofficial mt. bike ride will be May 10 2010! Maybe I'll get some company this time!

Triathlete
07/13/2009, 04:20 PM
301 DAYS!!!!!
:LineWave::LineWave::LineWave::LineWave::LineWave:

Ldub
07/16/2009, 09:03 AM
301 DAYS!!!!!

WOW...no pressure though, right Billy?...:laughing:

I just got off the phone with Andy...:yes:

Miss Pat, Jim, & I will be checking in to room #112 of The "ROCK" , the afternoon of May 10 2010 :dance:.:dan_ban:.:dance:

Barring any unforseen calamities etc...:naughty:

Ldub
07/16/2009, 09:19 AM
:fyi:...their 800 # still no work...:_confused

Their local # is, 435-259-5431 for anyone interested.

Ldub
07/24/2009, 03:43 AM
:bump:

JoFotoz
07/24/2009, 11:49 AM
Seems I'll be in Room 111 at Red Rock...:clap:

May 9th-16th..ish!

:jump:

jo

Ldub
07/25/2009, 12:42 AM
Seems I'll be in Room 111 at Red Rock...:clap:

May 9th-16th..ish!

:jump:

jo

:_beer:...:LineWave:...:dan_ban:...:dance:... :dan_ban:...:LineWave:... :_beer:

P A R T Y T I M E . . . . . E X C E L L E N T ! ! !

Ldub
09/01/2009, 07:21 AM
BUMP!!!
:dan_ban:...:dance:...:yes:...:dance:...:dan_ban:

Triathlete
09/01/2009, 11:29 AM
251.5 days left!!!! Whoohoooooo!

vt_maverick
09/21/2009, 10:30 AM
Went to an old college buddy's wedding in NJ this week... turns out they've moved to Grand Junction, CO, which is a hair less than 2 hours from Moab! Talked it over with the wife on the way home and she's willing to consider. Not ready to commit just yet, but who knew this would ever even be in the realm of the possible for this East Coast guy? Better start planning the skid plate, lift, tires, etc. now. :naughty:

MSHardeman
09/21/2009, 10:48 AM
vt, bring it on!!:dance: There are a few VXers in the Denver area, and I live in Carbondale (which is near Aspen). Each year we do a little convoy out to Moab and we pass right through Grand Junction on our way so we could pick you up as we go and add you to the line of VX's streaming out to Moab.

No pressure, but just something to think about.

Scott Harness
09/21/2009, 11:23 AM
Just Do It!!!:bgwb:

tomdietrying
09/21/2009, 12:47 PM
Here's a thought and a question. We were dicated to when we had each Moab ZuZu. When Isuzu ran it they told us when it was. It was always next week after Mother's Day. That ment the VX Run was on the first Tuesday after Mother's Day.

I don't know about you, but in order for me to make it to the VX Run that ment I had to leave a day before Mother's Day. I've been doing that for the last 5 years. Needless to say I haven't celebrated Mother's Day with my Mom or my wife for five years.

Since we are no longer dictated by Izusu why not move it back a week after Mother's Day. That will solve two problems. First, I will not be on my wife's and Mom's hit list. Second, those out at Moab the last couple of years have noticed the week we have been going out to Moab has be taken over by the a national ATV group. They have choosen that same week to do there trail runs too. There are over 500+ ATV on the trails with us.

Anyone want to change the date?

Peace.
Tom

p.s.
I wiil make a new thread so I don't jack this one.

Todd Adams
10/26/2009, 07:16 AM
My boss scheduled a class that I have to teach to the Idaho DOT this week. We might be able to come down for the weekend but the VX run is a no go for me this year.
Todd

Todd Adams
10/26/2009, 07:18 AM
Here's a thought and a question. We were dicated to when we had each Moab ZuZu. When Isuzu ran it they told us when it was. It was always next week after Mother's Day. That ment the VX Run was on the first Tuesday after Mother's Day.

I don't know about you, but in order for me to make it to the VX Run that ment I had to leave a day before Mother's Day. I've been doing that for the last 5 years. Needless to say I haven't celebrated Mother's Day with my Mom or my wife for five years.

Since we are no longer dictated by Izusu why not move it back a week after Mother's Day. That will solve two problems. First, I will not be on my wife's and Mom's hit list. Second, those out at Moab the last couple of years have noticed the week we have been going out to Moab has be taken over by the a national ATV group. They have choosen that same week to do there trail runs too. There are over 500+ ATV on the trails with us.

Peace.
Tom

p.s.
I wiil make a new thread so I don't jack this one.
As I stated in my last post I can't make it for these dates so I would not be opposed to a date change.
Todd

LittleBeast
10/26/2009, 11:35 AM
As I stated in my last post I can't make it for these dates so I would not be opposed to a date change.
Todd

I cannot go on these dates either, but the next week works.

May 18-22nd is my vote :)

tomdietrying
10/26/2009, 12:15 PM
Todd and Littlebeast,
I can do the week after too. I still think it's a win/win move for everyone to move it back one week. For those not familiar with the thread, here is one arguement to have ZuZu moved back one week.

Originally Posted by tomdietrying
Here's a thought and a question. We were always dicated to when we had each Moab ZuZu. When Isuzu ran it, they told us when it was. It was always the next week after Mother's Day. That meant the VX Run was on the first Tuesday after Mother's Day.

Peace.
Tom

BigSwede
10/26/2009, 01:38 PM
Went to an old college buddy's wedding in NJ this week... turns out they've moved to Grand Junction, CO, which is a hair less than 2 hours from Moab! Talked it over with the wife on the way home and she's willing to consider. Not ready to commit just yet, but who knew this would ever even be in the realm of the possible for this East Coast guy? Better start planning the skid plate, lift, tires, etc. now. :naughty:
You could connect with Gill & CeCe in Chicago on the way through, meet Greg and I in Des Moines as per usual...convoy!

BigSwede
10/26/2009, 02:16 PM
Originally Posted by tomdietrying
Heh, between Moab for me and the state fishing opener for Dad, my Mom hasn't seen us for Mother's Day for many years. The freedom to do whatever the hell she wants without interference from the menfolk is our gift to her. :bgwo:

Scott Harness
10/27/2009, 01:13 PM
WAH!! I can't see my mommy. J/K sort of:bgwb:
If we are going to change the date,let's get it done.
I need to change my reservations at the Red Rock!

ps after 2010 Lets do the fall / September, October 2011:_confused:supercool

BigSwede
10/27/2009, 02:26 PM
For 2010 the way the calendar sets up is a little unique, in that May 1st is a Saturday (making our usual "3rd weekend" for ZuZoo earlier in May), and Memorial Day is late (31st). so there is an extra weekend between ZuZoo weekend and Memorial weekend, so moving back a week isn't a problem.

But in subsequent years this is not true... in general I would hate to get back home just a few days before Memorial weekend, it is nice to have a weekend in between.

Triathlete
10/27/2009, 07:40 PM
ps after 2010 Lets do the fall / September, October 2011:_confused:supercool

I plan on being in Kona, Hawaii that time of year, so that would put me out.

VXIRONwoMAN
02/19/2010, 09:00 AM
I can't go. I have been avoiding the forum as much as possible because I know I can't go. I have finals in all my classes that week Mon, Wed and Fri. There is no getting out of it. If this is the way the courses are scheduled at my college, I won't be looking at going to Moab until after I graduate!!! :confused: Since I am going to be a teacher, maybe not even after that! :confused: Chicago Public Schools are switching to year round schools, or at least attempting to. So I am super bummed! I can't have any future plans for Moab (my happy place) with all my favorite family members... :(

To semi make up for it, Gill planned a 2 week trip to my home state, California. It's the 16th-30th. We will be taking his Harley and riding up the coast. We would love to meet up with whomever we could/wants to. (I'll start another thread for that trip later.)

I will miss all of you! I made it 3 years in a row... it hurts to break the cycle. This will be my first year as a bystander awaiting your posts. It isn't going to be easy. Maybe I will send you all a care package... ;)

orion
02/20/2010, 08:27 PM
;ooy; That sucks, you guys will be missed. it wont be much of a convoy with just me and Swede. and Gil said we were getting tattoos in Moab this year :cryy:

Ldub
02/20/2010, 10:38 PM
I can't go. I have been avoiding the forum as much as possible because I know I can't go. I have finals in all my classes that week Mon, Wed and Fri. There is no getting out of it. If this is the way the courses are scheduled at my college, I won't be looking at going to Moab until after I graduate!!! :confused: Since I am going to be a teacher, maybe not even after that! :confused: Chicago Public Schools are switching to year round schools, or at least attempting to. So I am super bummed! I can't have any future plans for Moab (my happy place) with all my favorite family members... :(

I will miss all of you! I made it 3 years in a row... it hurts to break the cycle. This will be my first year as a bystander awaiting your posts. It isn't going to be easy. Maybe I will send you all a care package... ;)

Sounds to me like it's time to throw the career plans in the crapper & JUST GO!

OK...that's just me being selfish, in hindsight, that may not be such good advice.

You both will definitely be missed...what can I say?...I'm BUMMED!.:(.:(.:(

VX crazy
02/21/2010, 07:49 AM
I am bummed too, will miss Gil and Cece!! BUT I totally understand, and the 2 wk ride down the coast sounds amazing!!!! Eventually some of us will get to a point where we want to use our vacation times to go somewhere else, if anyone wants to take me to spain/italy let me know LOL!

Ldub
02/21/2010, 08:23 AM
Eventually some of us will get to a point where we want to use our vacation times to go somewhere else, if anyone wants to take me to spain/italy let me know LOL!

What'd you do Lisa...:confused:

Find new & exciting ways to blister yer tootsies in OTHER COUNTRIES?...:confusedw

Aren't American made blisters good enough for you?...:laughing:.:laughing:.:laughing:

AaaHaHaHaHaHahahaha.....:rotate:

BigSwede
02/21/2010, 09:31 AM
I can't go.
Say it isn't so...I am scouting out new hikes and everything...:waab:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/BigSwede/Moab%202009/Moab2009061aFisherTowerhike.jpg

Cantcha take classes on line from Moab or something? ;)

VX crazy
02/21/2010, 11:38 AM
What'd you do Lisa...:confused:

Find new & exciting ways to blister yer tootsies in OTHER COUNTRIES?...:confusedw

Aren't American made blisters good enough for you?...:laughing:.:laughing:.:laughing:

AaaHaHaHaHaHahahaha.....:rotate:

LOL no dub, not doing THAT again.....but I tend to get talked into all sorts of stuff.......thank goodness there are things for physical pain LOL

I can not wait for this year Moab!!

ZEUS
02/21/2010, 03:16 PM
It's for the best Double-C and Gill aren't going... ok, that feeble attempt was the best I could do to convince myself it's no big deal. YOU WILL BOTH BE MISSED!!! :(

Ldub
02/22/2010, 03:39 AM
I can not wait for this year Moab!!

You-N-Me too!

I'm chompin' at the bit (a horse thing:smilewink) waiting for wrench turnin' weather to arrive!...:_wrench:.:dance:

Sooooo much to do this spring...:naughty:

Already have a few projects in various stages of completion...:smack:

Mark...VERY glad to see you back in the "YES" column...:yes:.:dance:

Can't wait to see all my Bros & C-staz in MOAB!!!

:LineWave::dan_ban::dance::dan_ban::LineWave:

Ldub
02/22/2010, 03:42 AM
It's for the best Double-C and Gill aren't going... ok, that feeble attempt was the best I could do to convince myself it's no big deal. YOU WILL BOTH BE MISSED!!! :(

Good try Bro, that's just one of those things that nobody could possibly put a positive spin on...:(

Our only chance at salving mental anguish of that magnitude is gonna be "monkee therapy"...;)

ZEUS
02/22/2010, 07:09 AM
Good try Bro, that's just one of those things that nobody could possibly put a positive spin on...:(

Our only chance at salving mental anguish of that magnitude is gonna be "monkee therapy"...;)Bring on the wolf-monkees! :p

Ldub
02/22/2010, 07:20 AM
Bring on the wolf-monkees! :p

A -Woooooooooooooooo...

Woo - woo - woo - - - Wah - wah - wah - waaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

DOWN Cheetah!

:laughing:

ZEUS
02/22/2010, 07:25 AM
HAHAHA! :)

Can you believe there is a count of only 12 VX's on this year's roster so far? :( Come on peeps!

Moncha
02/22/2010, 10:06 AM

Can you believe there is a count of only 12 VX's on this year's roster so far? :( Come on peeps!

I believe I am be partly to blame... This deal needs to be advertised and promoted and I've not done a good job of that.

This year, I propose, to those that are interested in expanding the event, and since we are in one place and we can actually bounce things off each other real time (Not literally * Catch it before it starts :) *), how about trying to figure a way for better organization? (For lack of better word choice)
I don't want to get it to the point of committees and all the BS that goes with but, just thinking about promotion events or the like prior to the event. Then some actual organized things to do along with trail runs during the event.

Even though 4x4ing is the main focus for Moab, we loose a lot of possible attendees due to the lack of other things to do. I love to wheel just as much as the next guy but, I'd like to be able to attract those that don't want to wheel just the same. I think that we can meld the two together without f'n it up too bad :)

I know that it will bring a lot more hassle to events (I'd love to keep it to a minimum) so, I'd only be looking for those that would want to help, to help.

Big Swede and those that go WAY back know that it can be a PITA to try and organize these things then, all of the problems that are associated , I propose to keep it very simple. In the least, I would like to have some ideas regarding the promotion of the event so we can get our numbers up.

I don't want to jack this thread or even really start another one so, between now and then, if you are interested in adding a little more to the event outside of just trail rides, write down your ideas and bring them with. When there's a sober minute or two then we could sit and discuss some future variations. If you have ideas but, are not planning to go, email me and we'll throw them into the pot.

I now return you back to your regularly hi-jacked thread....

Moncha
02/22/2010, 10:26 AM
We're booked at the Red Rock Lodge (http://www.red-rocklodge.com/) as well! Room 105 One down from last year.

The 877 number worked for me.. It may be seasonal, just waiting for us!

The stoop is a calling!!

VX KAT
02/22/2010, 10:31 AM

Our only chance at salving mental anguish of that magnitude is gonna be "monkee therapy"...;)

Turn Austin Powers voice on:

Yes please!

Turn off A.P. voice.

Ldub
02/22/2010, 10:35 AM
When there's a sober minute or two then we could sit and discuss some future variations.

Sooooo...we'll be discussing this over breakfast then?...:confused:...:laughing:

We can't get too organized due to the fact that the state wants all sanctioned "organized" trail rides/events to be insured.

IIRC, that's how it became a loose gathering of known associates who just happen to show up at the same time every year & accidentally pick the same trails to run.

Maybe someone who knows more about the finer points of that generality would care to throw in a couple cents worth?

Ldub
02/22/2010, 10:39 AM

Maybe if you'd do something about the whole "stinky butt" problem...:_confused
:rotate::laughing::rotate::laughing::rotate:

On the bright side, the trails won't be as crowded...:laughing:

Ldub
02/22/2010, 10:44 AM
We're booked at the Red Rock Lodge (http://www.red-rocklodge.com/) as well! Room 105 One down from last year.

The 877 number worked for me.. It may be seasonal, just waiting for us!

The stoop is a calling!!

:LineWave::dance::dan_ban::dance::LineWave:

+++++++++++++++:jump::clap::clap::clap::jump:+++++ +++++++++

Moncha
02/22/2010, 11:03 AM
Sooooo...we'll be discussing this over breakfast then?...:confused:...:laughing:

We can't get too organized due to the fact that the state wants all sanctioned "organized" trail rides/events to be insured.

IIRC, that's how it became a loose gathering of known associates who just happen to show up at the same time every year & accidentally pick the same trails to run.

Maybe someone who knows more about the finer points of that generality would care to throw in a couple cents worth?

Yeppers! You are correct sir, hence the simplicity part ('member, who's brain is speakin')... As long as we don't charge for entry, don't avert in their local region and we don't actually have outside sponsors, we should be good.
I was thinking more on the lines of doing very simple things, like a costume contest, geocache, ('dub's idea) Parts swap/sale, line and shine, stuff that is disorganized yet something that if someone happened to do well at, we could through a little prize at them.

If need be, we'll take it to another thread. But that was why I though we would handle it there. Time's pretty short for this year.

ZEUS
02/22/2010, 11:04 AM
That's a good idea Scott!

tomdietrying
02/22/2010, 11:06 AM
Idea #1. What about doing a night float on the Colorado River? I've heard there is a company that takes people out at night on a patoon boat and you experience the different sounds at night on the river. I think they feed you too.

Idea #2. I've heard the locals go on a night hike (during a full moon) to one of the famous arches in Arches National Park.

Any other ideas?

Peace.
Tom

Triathlete
02/22/2010, 11:12 AM
I believe I am be partly to blame... This deal needs to be advertised and promoted and I've not done a good job of that.

This year, I propose, to those that are interested in expanding the event, and since we are in one place and we can actually bounce things off each other real time (Not literally * Catch it before it starts :) *), how about trying to figure a way for better organization? (For lack of better word choice)
I don't want to get it to the point of committees and all the BS that goes with but, just thinking about promotion events or the like prior to the event. Then some actual organized things to do along with trail runs during the event.

Even though 4x4ing is the main focus for Moab, we loose a lot of possible attendees due to the lack of other things to do. I love to wheel just as much as the next guy but, I'd like to be able to attract those that don't want to wheel just the same. I think that we can meld the two together without f'n it up too bad :)

I know that it will bring a lot more hassle to events (I'd love to keep it to a minimum) so, I'd only be looking for those that would want to help, to help.

Big Swede and those that go WAY back know that it can be a PITA to try and organize these things then, all of the problems that are associated , I propose to keep it very simple. In the least, I would like to have some ideas regarding the promotion of the event so we can get our numbers up.

I don't want to jack this thread or even really start another one so, between now and then, if you are interested in adding a little more to the event outside of just trail rides, write down your ideas and bring them with. When there's a sober minute or two then we could sit and discuss some future variations. If you have ideas but, are not planning to go, email me and we'll throw them into the pot.

I now return you back to your regularly hi-jacked thread....

Easiest sollution...
Everyone attending find another VX that isn't attending, attach tow strap and drag them to Moab!:bwgy:

ZEUS
02/22/2010, 11:14 AM
Yeah, I was waiting to mention it - but there is an outfit at the airport to skydive over Moab... I would LOVE to have a group willing to sign up for that!

MSHardeman
02/22/2010, 11:16 AM
Mark...VERY glad to see you back in the "YES" column...:yes:.:dance:

Dubilicious....like you, the Fam Gath is the high water mark of my year and I wouldn't miss it for the world.

Booked in room 116 at the Red Rock....can't wait for The Stoop frivolity to begin.

Gonna be pulling the "Ice Cream Social" together for Monday night again this year, so everyone keep that in mind (I'll start a thread later).

EDIT: as you can tell from above, I still haven't gotten the whole quoting someone elses response down yet. :_confused

VX crazy
02/22/2010, 11:27 AM
Idea #1. What about doing a night float on the Colorado River? I've heard there is a company that takes people out at night on a patoon boat and you experience the different sounds at night on the river. I think they feed you too.

Idea #2. I've heard the locals go on a night hike (during a full moon) to one of the famous arches in Arches National Park.

Any other ideas?

Peace.
Tom

Tom both of these sound like something I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to do!!

BigSwede
02/22/2010, 12:02 PM
Yes, that's the primary reason that Todd kept the destination of the VX run off the 'net, so The Man wouldn't show up and harsh our mellow.

The rest of the week, runs are smaller and are informally organized around the campfire/on the stoop the evening before, which seemed to work fairly well last year, better than 2 years ago IMO. Just remember to network with all the Zus you see around town as to plans for the next day, and also stop by the stoop at Red Rock Lodge and/or Portal campground for the latest info.

Speaking for myself, I am thinking about doing Elephant Hill again, it's been a coupla years and that trail is so unbelievably scenic I like to do it periodically. Also, had a blast on Kane Creek last year and probably will do it again.

pbkid
02/23/2010, 05:38 PM
Easiest sollution...
Everyone attending find another VX that isn't attending, attach tow strap and drag them to Moab!:bwgy:

ill drag a few coloradians out with me ;)

Also, had a blast on Kane Creek last year and probably will do it again.
i'd love to do kane creek with you... count me in.. one of my most favorite trails... shoudl be interesting with a longer wheel base though :naughty:

JoFotoz
02/23/2010, 07:35 PM
Havent done Kane Creek yet...

...so thats a good'un as far as I'm concerned.

jo

pbkid
02/23/2010, 08:01 PM
just wait jo.. its a freakin awesome trail. as long as you dont mind getting your ride a little wet ;)

VX crazy
02/24/2010, 08:21 AM
I thought Kane Creek wasnt doable for a stock vx........I dont want to get into lots of water myself

VX KAT
02/24/2010, 11:05 AM
I'm really big on "scenic" so BigSwede ya got my attn with Elephant Hill. Looks amazing, length would be really good- 5-6 hrs, 22 miles.

With my handy dandy skid plates, looks like I'd be OK according the book....but no pets :( ...how will I explain that to Nikki & Bandi? Dang!
K-E-N-N-E-L

And definitely count Dave & I in for the night float on the river! WoW! :thumbup: Not sure if I could do the hike to the Arches but Dave would love to. Excellent ideas Tom! :thanx:

BigSwede
02/24/2010, 11:07 AM
For Kane Creek I think a little lift would be a good idea. The water isn't an issue, usually only a few inches deep, although it is crossed like 50 times. There is a possibility of brush scratches on yer paint, lots of tamarisk trees in the canyon bottom. There are a few rockpiles where a LSD or locker comes on handy, or a strap.

BigSwede
02/24/2010, 01:50 PM
I'm really big on "scenic" so BigSwede ya got my attn with Elephant Hill. Looks amazing, length would be really good- 5-6 hrs, 22 miles.
Moab is amazingly scenic, the Needles District of Canyonland NP is even more so. Here is a good description of the trail, by some guy named Todd Adams...
http://www.4x4wire.com/trail/report/ut/elephanthill/
Also mentions the Joint Trail hike, which is a nice thing to do while you are there, as well as the Confluence overlook hike.

With my handy dandy skid plates, looks like I'd be OK according the book....but no pets :( ...how will I explain that to Nikki & Bandi? Dang!
K-E-N-N-E-L

You'll be fine. But yes, no pets off the pavement at Canyonlands.

Triathlete
02/24/2010, 02:13 PM
Here is a link that BigSwede posted over on the Planet that has good descriptions of most of the trails in Moab. The trails are rated (1-10...1 being the easiest and 10 someplace you probably don't want to take your VX!) and can give you some ideas of where you might want to trek....Here you go (http://www.rr4w.com/pageview.aspx?id=16364)! (keep in mind, some of these trails might be harder, some easier as mother nature has her way with them)

Jay Dunford
02/24/2010, 03:51 PM
For Kane Creek I think a little lift would be a good idea. The water isn't an issue, usually only a few inches deep, although it is crossed like 50 times. There is a possibility of brush scratches on yer paint, lots of tamarisk trees in the canyon bottom. There are a few rockpiles where a LSD or locker comes on handy, or a strap.

I got lots of pinstriping last year on Kane Creek so our less hardcore members might balk a little at that. There's also the tippy spot at the beginning where Gill tried to drive off the cliff that would be intimidating to some of the newer folks.

Elephant Hill is a long day to do it all, but as all have said out standing scenery. A easier trail with breathtaking views is Top of the World and if some of the really brave want to spice it up on the way home you can always go out via Rose Garden Hill. Dome Plateau is on the other side of the canyon from TotW and equally good if not better views, but can be easy to get off track in all the roads back there.

BigSwede
02/24/2010, 05:56 PM
Bear in mind I am not proposing Kane Creek or Elephant Hill for the VX Run, but for smaller runs later in the week.

VX crazy
02/24/2010, 08:01 PM
Bear in mind I am not proposing Kane Creek or Elephant Hill for the VX Run, but for smaller runs later in the week.

Whew.....

Triathlete
02/26/2010, 01:58 PM
Good news! We will not be seeing 1 trillion UTV's on the trail this year...their rally is in April this year!:bwgy:

Dumke
04/08/2010, 04:38 PM
Whoops forgot to say I was going.. Man I need to read more post just been soo busy.

Thanks for remind me on another post VXKAT :)

Ldub
04/08/2010, 04:46 PM
Good news! We will not be seeing 1 trillion UTV's on the trail this year...their rally is in April this year!:bwgy:

:dance:

Whoops forgot to say I was going.. :)

:thumbup:...:thumbup:

pbkid
04/08/2010, 08:04 PM
how bout all them 'maybe' people?? they have to know now..... only a month away!!!!

Todd Adams
04/09/2010, 09:04 AM
Anyone going to be there early? Linda and I could be down the first weekend May 8-9 if there were.
Todd

VX KAT
04/09/2010, 09:14 AM
I'll be rolling in Sunday late afternoon/evening. Staying at the Red Rock.

Triathlete
04/09/2010, 11:24 AM
Unfortunately it is looking like I may not be making it this year....this sucks! :(:mad::confused:

I am going to try all in my power to be there though, just not looking good.

Scott Harness
04/09/2010, 11:35 AM
I'll be rolling in Sunday late afternoon/evening. Staying at the Red Rock.

x2

ZEUS
04/09/2010, 11:45 AM
Unfortunately it is looking like I may not be making it this year....this sucks! :(:mad::confused:

You didn't wreck it again did you? :p

Triathlete
04/09/2010, 12:11 PM
Nope...funding issues.

pbkid
04/09/2010, 09:45 PM
ill be there the week after...as planned right now todd. if you would like to join.

Todd Adams
04/10/2010, 08:08 AM
ill be there the week after...as planned right now todd. if you would like to join.
The only time we have is the weekend before. The following weekend we have an event in Delta Utah. http://www.millardcounty.com/thingstodo/rock_crawl.htm
watch the video and you might catch a glimps of us
So if nobody is going to be around the weekend before we wont be coming down to Moab.

Ldub
04/11/2010, 12:52 AM

This is NO GOOD!...:(

GET A JOB Mr. Lebowski...:laughing:...:rotate:

In all seriousness, I hope you're able to be there Billy...:yes:

Ozarker
04/11/2010, 11:31 AM
Hi, how does one get there? GPS coordinates or at a location that has a name? LOL (newbie & wannabie) Bill

Ozarker
04/11/2010, 12:15 PM
Nevermind, never saw the place, but looks like anyone could be found crusing the town and go from there! Looks like more fun than should be lawfully allowed!

Ldub
04/11/2010, 08:50 PM
Nevermind, never saw the place, but looks like anyone could be found crusing the town and go from there! Looks like more fun than should be lawfully allowed!

Just stop by here most any late afternoon/evening & you'll find more than a few Zu's...:yesgray:

http://www.red-rocklodge.com/

Gizmo42
04/11/2010, 08:57 PM
I'll be rolling in the evening of the 8th. Dunno yet where I'll be staying though. Just gonna put up my small tent somewhere for that weekend until I can move to the group site on the 10th and put up my big tent.

Probably gonna try to find somewhere along the river the first 2 nights.

Hi, how does one get there? GPS coordinates or at a location that has a name? LOL (newbie & wannabie) Bill

Portal RV Park is pretty easy to find, north end of town right off hwy 191. But here are the GPS coordinates in case you want them for that...

N38 35.587 W109 33.942

Triathlete
04/11/2010, 09:51 PM
Looks like I am a GO again! And no way I am getting a job Dub!:bwgy:
The good "boss" fairy found some fundage!:dan_ban:
I will be solo this year and doing it on the cheap. Gotta make resies for the group site!

Ldub
04/11/2010, 10:32 PM

:dance:.:thumbup::dan_ban::thumbup:.:dance:

VX KAT
04/11/2010, 10:39 PM

Great to hear Billy! I'm leaving Sun morning around 9-10 am.
Interested in caravaning up again?

VX crazy
04/12/2010, 04:56 AM
Just stop by here most any late afternoon/evening & you'll find more than a few Zu's...:yesgray:

http://www.red-rocklodge.com/

Dont be scared when you see us out on the stoop.....I am so excited I could pee my pants!!!

Scott Harness
04/12/2010, 06:50 AM
Dont be scared when you see us out on the stoop.....I am so excited I could pee my pants!!!

ME TOO!

VX KAT
04/12/2010, 08:28 AM

ME TOO!

:rollo: Oh boy, guess I better bring the Depends! :goof::laugho:

p.s....me x3!

Ldub
04/12/2010, 08:30 AM
:rollo: Oh boy, guess I better bring the Depends! :goof::laugho:

p.s....me x3!

Better bring a case...:yesgray:

Triathlete
04/12/2010, 09:53 AM
Great to hear Billy! I'm leaving Sun morning around 9-10 am.
Interested in caravaning up again?

Won't be leaving til early Mon. morning...get to Moab Mon. early Mon. evening.

VX crazy
04/12/2010, 10:00 AM
So anyone know that has done top of the world, will I be ok since I am not lifted and no skid plates??

BigSwede
04/12/2010, 10:08 AM
Most of the trail is quite easy, there are only a couple of difficult spots. Go to post 56 here http://vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=17321&page=4 for pictures of the more difficult spots.

I don't see any problem getting a stock VX up those obstacles unscathed with someone spotting.

Gizmo42
04/12/2010, 12:57 PM
Should be no problem getting a stock VX through there. I didnt scrape on anything when I did it last year. I will probably have the most trouble, mainly with the few ledges on the way out, because of my long wheel base and long overhangs. I hit a couple of them a bit too hard last year and think I broke my shock then. But I was alone (yes, I know) at about 6pm with nobody else on the trail and didnt want to chance getting stuck there so I wanted some momentum. The trail is rated 4 out of 10 which is the same rating as Dome Plateau (not including Again and Again Hill) and Fins N Things. I think the worst that will happen is you might lift a rear tire.

Triathlete
04/12/2010, 02:16 PM
I think the worst that will happen is you might lift a rear tire.

;eeky;;eeky;

:laughing::laughing:

BigSwede
04/12/2010, 02:18 PM
More likely a front tire, but probably not even that.

ZEUS
04/12/2010, 02:28 PM
Originally Posted by Gizmo42 http://www.vehicross.info/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?p=190739#post190739)
I think the worst that will happen is you might lift a rear tire.
;eeky;;eeky;

:laughing::laughing:I'm screwed! :p

Gizmo42
04/12/2010, 04:12 PM
I lifted my rear tire a couple times coming off some of the ledges that I didnt get out and spot first. At least with the locker i was able to easily back up then check it out. A couple of them could have gotten ugly if I had just kept going.

Was looking through the book to see what else is around there since its a short trail and may not take very long. Only other ones are Delores river overlook which is pretty much just dirt road all the way, and Rose Garden Hill which I'm not sure is a good idea lol.

pbkid
04/12/2010, 04:19 PM
I will probably have the most trouble, mainly with the few ledges on the way out, because of my long wheel base and long overhangs.

its ok, i think i have you beat on wheelbase.

and probably overhangs too ;)

ZEUS
04/12/2010, 04:22 PM
I lifted my rear tire a couple times coming off some of the ledges that I didnt get out and spot first. At least with the locker i was able to easily back up then check it out. A couple of them could have gotten ugly if I had just kept going.

Was looking through the book to see what else is around there since its a short trail and may not take very long. Only other ones are Delores river overlook which is pretty much just dirt road all the way, and Rose Garden Hill which I'm not sure is a good idea lol.Rose Garden may be doable on the downhill but as you said, maybe not a good idea... unless you go by yourself around 6 pm! :bgwo:

BigSwede
04/12/2010, 06:21 PM
I lifted my rear tire a couple times coming off some of the ledges that I didnt get out and spot first.
Yeah, but 3-link Troopers (and VXs for that matter) have more rear travel than 4-link Rodeos...if I lift a rear tire I usually am perilously close to Trouble...or crossing the Golden Crack.

Was looking through the book to see what else is around there since its a short trail and may not take very long. Only other ones are Delores river overlook which is pretty much just dirt road all the way, and Rose Garden Hill which I'm not sure is a good idea lol.
Guess we could go look at Fisher Tower. Or take the La Sal Mountain loop back to Moab (scenic, but all pavement).

phines
04/17/2010, 08:00 PM
Is it time for Moab yet???? I can't wait!!

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/2/medium/patio1.jpg
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/2/medium/patio2.jpg
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/2/medium/patio3.jpg
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/2/medium/patio41.jpg
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/2/medium/patio6.jpg
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/2/medium/Patio7.jpg
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/2/medium/patio8.jpg
________
Extreme q vaporizor (http://www.vaporshop.com)

Ldub
04/17/2010, 11:04 PM
Is it time for Moab yet???? I can't wait!!
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/2/medium/patio6.jpg

:thumbup:.:thumbup:

tomdietrying
04/18/2010, 06:23 AM
Phines,
Great shots! Where did you take those pictures at?
Peace.
Tom

VX crazy
04/18/2010, 07:10 AM
Phines,
Peace.
Tom

I would guess at his house in NM, gorgeous huh? AND the dog, how cute is that, I am sure he is saying...lets go lets go lets go....

Ldub
04/18/2010, 07:36 AM
AND the dog, how cute is that, I am sure he is saying...lets go lets go lets go....

If I remember my dog translation correctly, he would be saying...

"ret's row, ret's row, ret's row"...:laughing:

phines
04/18/2010, 08:12 AM
Phines,
Peace.
Tom

Thanks Tom. Yep, that's the 'back yard' at my new house. There are some incredible views from this place. I don't think I can ever leave now. :)

Max (the pup) is obsessed with the VX for some reason. It's kinda crazy actually. When he gets super hyper and starts annoying us, I just go outside and open the VX. He jumps right up in and calms down instantly. He'll sit in there for hours and is perfectly content. Weird...

I should have got some video footage of him trying to jump up in the drivers side with it up in the air... he was so upset that he couldn't jump high enough! He's definitely making the trip to Moab.
________
Girls masturbating (http://www.****tube.com/categories/190/masturbating/videos/1)

VX KAT
04/18/2010, 09:15 AM
He's definitely making the trip to Moab.

Hey Paul- Great pics & great pup! Love your Adobe!
We wanted to take our 2 dogs too, but got input from Todd Adams that we weren't aware of:

Sue,
It is a strict rule that the Parks have about dogs. Dogs cannot even be in the vehicle on dirt roads. BLM land OK but they are supposed to be on a leash. Last year we had a vehicle that I did not see, had a dog at line up for Elehant Hill. The ranger spotted the dog at the pay booth and she let them know at the visitors center. I had to let them know they could not go on the trail with us. Sorry, have a great time.
Todd

Here's what Zeus told me as well:

I took Menace into Canyonlands for a trip thru Elephant Hill one year. I got a $70 ticket for it. We stopped to take a lunch break and then I heard a vehicle coming I scurried to get Menace hidden but the ranger saw him anyway and I got fined. He told me he could force me to turn around because of the dog but he let us continue on our way. He was a highly paranoid man - said people out there beat him up before, have threatened to kill him, etc. Their reasoning for disallowing dogs in the back country is retarded. They claim the dog's feces contains rabies because of the trace amounts in vaccinations. They claim bugs eat the feces and bats eat the bugs spreading rabies and other diseases to other animals, apparently thru feces. I don't buy it, bats don't simply stay in "the back country".

You could most likely hide your lil dogs much easier than I could hide my 4-legged person. The cost of a kennel would be about the same as the fine I figure.

I don't think we should do Elephant Hill for the VX Run because it was the chosen trail 2 or 3 years ago

So we decided we'd just have to leave them home this trip, darn!

phines
04/18/2010, 10:25 AM
Sue, thanks for passing along the info. Is Elephant Hill the only trail that goes through the national park? If there aren't too many national park trails, I could just avoid those I guess. I think my pup is a little too young for a kennel right now (serious spearation anxiety issues) and I don't know anyone around here well enough yet to ask them to watch him.
________
Paxil Help (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/paxil/)

VX KAT
04/18/2010, 10:31 AM
Sue, thanks for passing along the info. Is Elephant Hill the only trail that goes through the national park? If there aren't too many national park trails, I could just avoid those I guess. I think my pup is a little too young for a kennel right now (serious spearation anxiety issues) and I don't know anyone around here well enough yet to ask them to watch him.

We tried to figure that out too, i.e. don't go on any N. P. trails...but someone also told me their pads are likely to get burned and pretty roughed up if they're on the slick rock for several days. So we reluctantly decided to kennel them. :( There's kennels there I guess we could leave them for a day when we're going on N.P., but still worried about the pads.

phines
04/18/2010, 10:36 AM
Yeah, that's probably the wise choice Sue. I'll see if we can come up with a plan here... Thanks!
________
IOLITE VS VAPORGENIE (http://vaporizer.org/reviews)

VX KAT
04/18/2010, 10:40 AM
Yeah, that's probably the wise choice Sue. I'll see if we can come up with a plan here... Thanks!

Hey if we could find a "dog sitter" in Moab our 3 dogs could stay together. My 2 are about the same size as yours, they'd all get along I suspect. Does having other dogs around ease your pup's sep. anxiety? We'd still do anything to be able to bring them along....anybody have any brainstorms, let us know!

and no, my dogs will NOT keep those little booties on for more than 3 seconds unfortunately...I've tried :rollo:

Triathlete
04/18/2010, 05:59 PM
THIS may help you guys (http://www.gomoab.com/moab_kennels.html):bwgy:

BigSwede
04/18/2010, 08:23 PM
Elephant Hill is the only likely trail to go into NP backcountry. There are others of course, but for this group EH is about it unless you like to explore.

You can go elsewhere that day, there will probably be multiple runs each day...but Canyonlands is sooooo amazingly scenic it is worth the inconvenience of doggy day care or whatever IMO.

VX KAT
04/20/2010, 11:23 AM
I know travel plans are still fuzzy, but thought I'd mention I'm really tryin' to find a way to join the TX, NM caravan. I don't mind driving further On Sunday 5/9 since it would be so cool to hook up with this many VXs...:drool2:
I think 4 + me (Scott H., Tom, phines (maybe), VX Crazy) I think Jay is somewhere else in NM?

If the TX gang & phines comes through Albuquerque and goes East through Gallup I could join up there. Only about 12 xtra miles for you.

Or if you go thru Taos (as you said you might) maybe you could go thru Shiprock, I could join there. About 20 xtra miles.

I can just see it now...5 VXs cruising down the highway :thumbup:
:_steering:_steering:_steering:_steering:_steering

PHO2GR4
04/20/2010, 11:35 AM
If the TX gang & phines comes through Albuquerque and goes East through Gallup I could join up there. Only about 12 xtra miles for you.

Or if you go thru Taos (as you said you might) maybe you could go thru Shiprock, I could join there. About 20 xtra miles.

I can just see it now...5 VXs cruising down the highway :thumbup:
:_steering:_steering:_steering:_steering:_steering

"Only" 12 extra miles?!? That's, like, a whole gallon of gas! :p

Just kidding. I haven't chosen my route yet. I'm used to driving down from Seattle. This will be my first time driving UP from Austin.

phines
04/20/2010, 12:36 PM
Assuming I can get on the road Sunday morning, I can pretty much meet anywhere. Still waiting to hear if my VA buddies are flying in that day... They might slow me down enough that I won't be able to catch up with y'all (that's a word I learned to use after living in southern VA for 10 years). :_wtf:
________
Volcano vaporizer digital (http://vaporizers.net)

tom4bren
04/20/2010, 12:40 PM
... catch up with y'all (that's a word I learned to use after living in southern VA for 10 years). :_wtf:

Rekin we didn't learn you very good then - yer no using it right. Y'all is singular. All Y'all is plural.

VX crazy
04/20/2010, 12:47 PM
Sue, would love to do that, I am getting with Jay this weekend and we are gonna hopefully firm up plans.....we are supposed to meet in amarillo sunday and stay sunday night in NM, head into Moab monday......early afternoon...

phines
04/20/2010, 12:50 PM
Rekin we didn't learn you very good then - yer no using it right. Y'all is singular. All Y'all is plural.

Yeah, I was fixin' to get out my southern spell checker... I guess I might could do that next time. :smilewink
________
Lesbian Fisting (http://www.****tube.com/categories/728/fisting/videos/1)

tom4bren
04/20/2010, 01:09 PM
Yeah, I was fixin' to get out my southern spell checker.

T'ain't been invented yet!!!

Triathlete
04/20/2010, 02:37 PM
Getting close!

Teaser...
http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo150/Triathlete/Zuzoo%20Moab%202006/Moab2006CliffHanger036.jpg

18 VX's on the "yes" list...any of the maybes going to be moving up?

:dan_ban: :dan_ban: :dan_ban: :dan_ban: :dan_ban: :dan_ban:

VX KAT
04/20/2010, 02:57 PM
"Only" 12 extra miles?!? That's, like, a whole gallon of gas! :p
Oh yer no fun!

Just kidding. I haven't chosen my route yet. I'm used to driving down from Seattle. This will be my first time driving UP from Austin.

oops, Eric, I forgot to count you...and I thought Jay was coming from somewhere in NM, not in TX, so guess we could have a decent line up of VXs ...:freek::clap:.....Kat, Scott H., Tom, Eric, and (maybe) Jay, VX Crazy & phines.
Jay & Lisa...are you SURE you can't make it for this Sunday lineup????:?:

BTW, Paul, you said "buddies"...i.e plural.....are you planning on subjecting a grown person/man to the back seat of the VX for 8+ hrs? Better be a real good friend......or someone you don't really like much...! :p

phines
04/20/2010, 03:07 PM
BTW, Paul, you said "buddies"...i.e plural.....are you planning on subjecting a grown person/man to the back seat of the VX for 8+ hrs? Better be a real good friend......or someone you don't really like much...! :p

HAHAHA... No, I'm not that cruel. Besides, I don't have the back seats anymore. If they tag along, I'll let them drive the Magnum and they'll rent a jeep or something in Moab.

It would be nice having my Magnum there anyway... just in case I get a little crazy on the trails. :bwgy:
________
SHIP SALE (http://ship-sale.com/)

VX KAT
04/20/2010, 03:21 PM
HAHAHA... No, I'm not that cruel. Besides, I don't have the back seats anymore. If they tag along, I'll let them drive the Magnum and they'll rent a jeep or something in Moab.

It would be nice having my Magnum there anyway... just in case I get a little crazy on the trails. :bwgy:

Crazy?....Ah, no problem, we'd flip ya back over.....

VX crazy
04/20/2010, 06:12 PM
oops, Eric, I forgot to count you...and I thought Jay was coming from somewhere in NM, not in TX, so guess we could have a decent line up of VXs ...:freek::clap:.....Kat, Scott H., Tom, Eric, and (maybe) Jay, VX Crazy & phines.
Jay & Lisa...are you SURE you can't make it for this Sunday lineup????:?:

Sue, Jay is here in Austin where I am at, but he is going up to OKC to pick up his brother saturday.....so than sunday he is driving west and meeting me in Amarillo so I dont have to drive solo....

Todd Adams
04/22/2010, 06:34 AM
I am not sure if I will even bring the VX but we will be in Moab 14-16, may just bring the Jeep to do some of the more difficult trails. We came to the realization that we just can't break the run as in the only ones to attend all the Isuzu events and see our friends was more important to us than another rock crawling event.
Todd

BigSwede
04/22/2010, 06:45 AM
Sounds good Todd! Glad to see you get your priorities straight. ;)

That reminds me, a Jeep is going to tag along with us from Minnesota...he saw me talking about Moab on the MN-Jeep board and always wanted to go to Moab, so I said sure come on. It is a college kid and his Dad...he has a pretty well set up Jeep with 35s and lockers. They are staying at the Red Rock upon my recommendation. Not sure how much they will do with us, but I imagine they will want to go on some of the "more difficult trails" too, as will I.

ZEUS
04/22/2010, 09:07 AM
I'm thinking I'm going to be in the 'Ol CJ this year so I'll be looking to do some harder trails as well. I won't be there all week tho either.

BigSwede
04/22/2010, 09:10 AM
I tend to do the harder trails later in the week so if I break something serious the whole week isn't shot. Plus, that is when the hardcore guys show up, like Travis, Corbin, Fernando, etc.

ZEUS
04/22/2010, 09:16 AM
I really need to get my schedule figured out; work has been killing me lately so I'm not sure how much time I will have for play. Really, I go to the 'Zoo for the comraderie cuz I can wheel in Moab whenever pretty easily so I don't focus on the trails too much until I see where others are going. Good times!

Ldub
04/22/2010, 09:39 AM
I am not sure if I will even bring the VX but we will be in Moab 14-16, may just bring the Jeep to do some of the more difficult trails. We came to the realization that we just can't break the run as in the only ones to attend all the Isuzu events and see our friends was more important to us than another rock crawling event.
Todd

:dance:.:clap:.:dan_ban:.:clap:.:dance:

Real glad you & Linda are gonna be there Todd!

Never break the chain...:yesgray:

tomdietrying
04/22/2010, 11:04 AM
It will be good to see you and Linda in Moab.
Peace.
Tom

Scott Harness
04/22/2010, 11:39 AM
Excellent news Todd and Linda!!

Triathlete
04/22/2010, 02:15 PM
Great news....will see you there Todd/Linda!:yeso:

VX crazy
04/23/2010, 06:20 AM
Did yall know this event was going on while we are there???

http://http://www.utvguide.net/news/2010/03/rally-on-rocks-is-may-12-15-2010-in.html (http://www.utvguide.net/news/2010/03/rally-on-rocks-is-may-12-15-2010-in.html)

Todd Adams
04/23/2010, 06:53 AM

http://http://www.utvguide.net/news/2010/03/rally-on-rocks-is-may-12-15-2010-in.html (http://www.utvguide.net/news/2010/03/rally-on-rocks-is-may-12-15-2010-in.html)
In a word yes. I could say more but...

phines
04/23/2010, 08:29 AM
In a word yes. I could say more but...

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: That made me laugh because I was remembering some of your comments from 8 years ago... regarding their, ummm, conduct. :)
________
Herbalaire Vaporizer Review (http://herbalairevaporizer.com/)

tomdietrying
04/23/2010, 11:10 AM

Yes, there will be about 750 atvs on the trails with us. That is why I thought it may be a good idea to move ZuZu a week later in May. I think it would be a great idea to bring up that question again with everyone in Moab this year.

Peace.
Tom

Moncha
04/23/2010, 12:00 PM
Alas, bad new sets in yet again.....

With my folks in the shape that they are in which is not good for either one of them, we are just about done with the transformation of their real property (A 2 year endeavor. NEVER BURDEN YOUR CHILDREN WITH YOUR MAJOR PERSONAL MATTERS, CLEAN IT UP BEFORE SOMETHING HAPPENS!).

This endeavor has drained us completely in every way, and of course after just getting over my knee injury last month, all of the toil has taken it's toll.

Additionally, I'm scheduled for a diagnostic procedure for May 10 and I will need that week for recovery. It's the only time I have left from work as I have spent the rest re-couping from the knee deal.

So, in short, Moab is a bust for us this year. It's been a hard choice to make but 2 years ago I found out the hard way what it was like to ignore what was knocking on the other side of the door and I'm still paying for it so, I've decided to not put off certain things. We're so heartbroken to have gone so far into the year with plans and dreams of see everyone, but..... I'm amiss for words...

All I can say is NEXT YEAR! and hope a Colorado trip here and there as well!

Scott Harness
04/23/2010, 12:10 PM
Take care of yourself and Laura!!:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

VX KAT
04/23/2010, 12:21 PM
Scott- you guys are making the right choice, taking care of yourself and your matters has got to be numero uno! We're always here sending our best juju for good things to come! :heart::yes:

VX KAT
04/23/2010, 12:29 PM
FYI Info on doggie care:
I found a cool place called "Karen's canine campground" about 1 1/2 mile South of town on 191: 435-259-7922
~ 3000 sf open land( with fencing of course)
~ like a dog park / big backyard type setting
~ dogs are free to roam around
~ wading pools
~ 12x20 canopy in outdoor area
~ with "cabins" & "bedrooms" (4x6x10' high)
~ each bedroom has 10x6 covered run w/access to open outdoor area 24/7
~ leaves bedroom doors open a bit at night so they can go to outdoor area at will
~ if any problems with other dogs, she can put them in their bedroom
~ each room has 2 cots & blankets
~ open 830am - 430pm for doggie daycare
~ price INCLUDES all day + leaving overnight until noon next day, that way if you miss the 430 pm time, they can stay overnight no problem
~ Need to show up to date shots
~ Must be neutered/spayed
~ If under 3, must show they've had the booster shots (DLPP)
~ $20/dog/day for single dog
~ $15/dog/day for 3 dogs together

~ I reserved 5/12, 5/13, 5/14 for 3 dogs. Paul (phines) and I are going to try to put our 3 dogs together for the $15 rate. (my 2 + his 1)
~ Rate is so reasonable that I reserved the 3 days, even if we don't use them, we'll pay for them to have this as a backup plan.
Justin, I wonder if Menace could stay here part of the time? I didn't ask about breed specific issues, and the lady never asked me what breed I had, so maybe??

From a Moab travel site gomoab.com
Karen's Canine Campground
Karen is awesome and has a wonderful facility. Bubba has stayed here many times with other doggy friends and loves it. This is a great choice if you're going out for a long ride or day trip. Pick your dog up in the late afternoon and they are pooped for a night by the fire. Tell them Chris at Gomoab.com sent you.
(435) 259-7922

They don't have a website, but here's some info:
http://canyonlandsnationalpark.explorefourcorners.com/ - scroll down to almost the very bottom for pic.

http://www.superpages.com/bp/Moab-UT...0142317373.htm
http://www.petcaresearch.net/boardin...ampground.html

Gizmo42
04/23/2010, 01:06 PM
I thought someone said the UTVs had changed their dates. (?)

Triathlete
04/23/2010, 01:46 PM
FYI Info on doggie care:
I found a cool place called "Karen's canine campground" about 1 1/2 mile South of town on 191: 435-259-7922
~ 3000 sf open land( with fencing of course)
~ like a dog park / big backyard type setting
~ dogs are free to roam around
~ wading pools
~ 12x20 canopy in outdoor area
~ with "cabins" & "bedrooms" (4x6x10' high)
~ each bedroom has 10x6 covered run w/access to open outdoor area 24/7
~ leaves bedroom doors open a bit at night so they can go to outdoor area at will
~ if any problems with other dogs, she can put them in their bedroom
~ each room has 2 cots & blankets
~ open 830am - 430pm for doggie daycare
~ price INCLUDES all day + leaving overnight until noon next day, that way if you miss the 430 pm time, they can stay overnight no problem
~ Need to show up to date shots
~ Must be neutered/spayed
~ If under 3, must show they've had the booster shots (DLPP)
~ $20/dog/day for single dog
~ $15/dog/day for 3 dogs together

~ I reserved 5/12, 5/13, 5/14 for 3 dogs. Paul (phines) and I are going to try to put our 3 dogs together for the $15 rate. (my 2 + his 1)
~ Rate is so reasonable that I reserved the 3 days, even if we don't use them, we'll pay for them to have this as a backup plan.
Justin, I wonder if Menace could stay here part of the time? I didn't ask about breed specific issues, and the lady never asked me what breed I had, so maybe??

From a Moab travel site gomoab.com
Karen's Canine Campground
Karen is awesome and has a wonderful facility. Bubba has stayed here many times with other doggy friends and loves it. This is a great choice if you're going out for a long ride or day trip. Pick your dog up in the late afternoon and they are pooped for a night by the fire. Tell them Chris at Gomoab.com sent you.
(435) 259-7922

They don't have a website, but here's some info:
http://canyonlandsnationalpark.explorefourcorners.com/ - scroll down to almost the very bottom for pic.

http://www.superpages.com/bp/Moab-UT...0142317373.htm
http://www.petcaresearch.net/boardin...ampground.html

Hmmmm, seems I've seen that someplace (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showpost.php?p=191469&postcount=126) before!:bwgy:

Triathlete
04/23/2010, 01:48 PM
I thought someone said the UTVs had changed their dates. (?)

That was me. I had read someplace (don't recal where now) that it was now in April.:_wtf::_thinking

Triathlete
04/23/2010, 01:49 PM
You will be missed in Moab Scott...but home and health come first. Hope to see you guys next year.

ZEUS
04/23/2010, 03:40 PM
Good luck with everything Scott - we will be thinking about you two!

MSHardeman
04/23/2010, 03:45 PM
HUGE bummer Scott :waab:, but get things taken care of on your end and we will definitely need to pull a Colorado trip, or two, together this year.

VX KAT
04/23/2010, 04:52 PM
Hmmmm, seems I've seen that someplace (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showpost.php?p=191469&postcount=126) before!:bwgy:

Oops, forgot to give you credit on that...yer right, that's where I found it..sorry Billy! :mbrasd:...and thanks!

VX crazy
04/23/2010, 08:43 PM
Scott that sucks! But I totally hear ya, I have been going back and forth in my head wondering which parent is going to have a problem or if its a good idea to leave them solo for that long......ughhh.....you are doing the right thing! You will be thankful you did someday when your parents are gone! Need to make a colorado trip to see you guys!

Ldub
04/23/2010, 11:19 PM
Alas, bad new sets in yet again.....

So, in short, Moab is a bust for us this year.

Boss Man & Laura...

I can't hardly put into words how bummed I am that you're not gonna be hangin' out with the Fam in Moab this year...:(...:nogray:...:sadgray:...:waab:

But I also know that we all gotta do, what we all gotta do...life's a hard rub that way sometimes.
Very sorry to hear that Mom & Pop Moncha aren't doing well. I too, will be facing that reality sooner than I care to think about.

I look forward to seeing you both next year on the stoop...:dan_ban:

All best wishes from me & TLMP...:yesgray:

VX KAT
04/24/2010, 06:30 PM
Thought I'd post some of the various Moab & Off Road check lists/ prep lists that have been posted in the past couple of years:

http://vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=6680&highlight=moab+list

http://vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=673&highlight=moab+check+list

http://vehicross.info/forums/showpost.php?p=97735&postcount=71

http://vehicross.info/forums/showpost.php?p=189100&postcount=26

T-15 and counting! :jump:

Gizmo42
04/24/2010, 09:42 PM
Any new info on what day for sure we have the group site for? Is 1t 15th, or 16th.

I may end up getting an individual tent site like I usually do, not sure yet.

Triathlete
04/24/2010, 10:02 PM
When I sent in my reservation I am booked to leave on Sunday. So it should be good at least till then.

Gizmo42
04/25/2010, 12:46 AM
Was that before or after we got switched to D then A? In the camping at portal thread we've gotten switched a couple times now.

tomdietrying
04/25/2010, 06:00 AM
The Portal is reserved for us on May 10 - 16th. You can sleep there Saturday, 16th and leave Sunday morning 17th.
Peace.
Tom

Gizmo42
04/25/2010, 05:51 PM
you confused me in the other post when you said the 15th. And the 16th is sunday btw.

tomdietrying
04/25/2010, 09:10 PM
The Portal is reserved for us on May 10 - 16th. You can sleep there Saturday, 16th and leave Sunday morning 17th.
Peace.
Tom

O.K. I made a small error with he dates. My bad. Here you go.

The Portal is reserved for us on May 10 - 15th. You can sleep there Saturday, 15th and leave Sunday morning 16th.

Peace.
Tom

VX KAT
04/28/2010, 02:00 PM
Another teaser shot....
Is this not the coolest looking, iconic pic!
Top of the world by Eiji, from Moncha's gallery....
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/561/4moncha_top_of_world_eiji_5.jpg

phines
04/28/2010, 02:15 PM
Great picture! The VX-O2 was only in a movie about Mars, but these VX's were actually there!
________
MEDICAL MARIJUANA CARD (http://medicalmarijuanacard.info)

Triathlete
04/28/2010, 03:38 PM
I see your 2 VX's and raise you one!:bwgy: (with BigJims "little trooper that could" thrown in for good times)
http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo150/Triathlete/Zuzoo%20Moab%202006/Moab2006CliffHanger001.jpg

VX KAT
04/28/2010, 04:01 PM
Awesome, what trail is that?

Gizmo42
04/28/2010, 04:09 PM
Another teaser shot....
Is this not the coolest looking, iconic pic!
Top of the world by Eiji, from Moncha's gallery....

That must be the way they go for the EJS TOW trail. They go up onion creek, up rose garden hill, then over to TOW. We arent going that way. Cant imagine how long it would take to get 20+ vx's and other assorted isuzii up rose garden LOL. Pic looks like it might be along onion creek.

phines
04/28/2010, 04:15 PM
This is just torture... I've been away from Moab too, too long...
________
INFANT NEXIUM (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/nexium/)

pbkid
04/28/2010, 04:37 PM
I see your 2 VX's and raise you one!:bwgy: (with BigJims "little trooper that could" thrown in for good times)

billy, i see your 3 and raise you......... maybe 13???? i dunno hard to count

start of cliffhanger i believe... i know i was there, i just cant recall if thats cliffhanger or poison spider...

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/3205/IMG_22141.JPG

Gizmo42
04/28/2010, 05:22 PM
How about somewhere near 20 (first ones were up before I got to the front) ?

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c337/Gizmo420/Moab%20ZuZoo%20XII%202009/IMG_0428.jpg

pbkid
04/28/2010, 06:24 PM
how about all them folks still in the maybe category??? its less than 2 weeks away, i would think you would know by now ;)

VX KAT
04/28/2010, 07:37 PM
Hey, anybody doing a commemorative ZuZoo sticker this year? Kenny?? :?:

Triathlete
04/28/2010, 07:40 PM

Cliff Hanger...not a good one for those afraid of heights but a great trail!

http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo150/Triathlete/Zuzoo%20Moab%202006/Moab2006CliffHanger049.jpg

Triathlete
04/28/2010, 07:52 PM
I'll let you figure out how many VX's are in these pics...

http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo150/Triathlete/09%20Moab%20day2/09MoabDay2DomePlateau009.jpg

http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo150/Triathlete/Zuzoo%20Moab%202006/Moab2006VXRun066.jpg

Kenny
04/28/2010, 07:57 PM
Hey, anybody doing a commemorative ZuZoo sticker this year? Kenny?? :?:

It's on my list, I have an idea. Just going to do it and print off a few dozen.

Just way too busy with work to play with it. ha.

Ldub
04/28/2010, 08:03 PM
Was that before or after we got switched to D then A? In the camping at portal thread we've gotten switched a couple times now.

Now, for sure it's known as "porno campground"...T&A...:laughing:

BigSwede
04/28/2010, 08:59 PM
I did Cliffhanger last year, it has gotten a lot tougher than it used to be. Pretty much need at least one locker, unless you like getting strapped...not that there's anything wrong with that!

phines
04/28/2010, 10:43 PM
It's on my list, I have an idea. Just going to do it and print off a few dozen.

Just way too busy with work to play with it. ha.

I thought about making something up too, but I'm not very creative and this was the best I could do...

http://www.microxact.com/vehicross/sample_sticker1.bmp
________
Suzuki rf series specifications (http://www.suzuki-tech.com/wiki/Suzuki_RF_Series)

tomdietrying
04/29/2010, 06:07 AM
Very Cool!
Peace.
Tom

VX KAT
04/29/2010, 08:50 AM
Wow, that design looks great Paul!

MSHardeman
04/29/2010, 09:04 AM
If this where still an official 'ZuZoo, which one would it be? XV (15)?

phines
04/29/2010, 10:08 AM
It would be lucky #13. I used the "official" 'ZuZoo V sticker as a template. :)
________
FAKE WEED (http://syntheticweed.org)

Triathlete
04/29/2010, 01:59 PM
Hmmmm, wonder if this (http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=884090) might be why the folks at Portal can't seem to decide what group site we are staying in!:(

pbkid
04/29/2010, 02:52 PM
Hmmmm, wonder if this (http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=884090) might be why the folks at Portal can't seem to decide what group site we are staying in!:(

uh oh..... after reading that. im wondering about staying there......

Gizmo42
04/29/2010, 04:17 PM
Hopefully wont be a problem. I know I dont plan on changing any clutches again this year LOL. Can almost still feel all those rocks I spent several hours laying on.

Kenny
04/29/2010, 06:08 PM
wtf. For the life of me I can't see the
Gallary Links for photo uploading...:confused:

We'll see if this works:

I'll make about 20 decals of Option A, and bring the EPS file of Option B for anyone who wants to print it at the T-shirt place. More of A can also be printed at the T-shirt place.

I consider more of an homage than a plagery of the PlanetIsuzoou skull...:grinb: I always wanted one, and didn't have time to get creative "Moabesque" this year.

Cheers all.

tomdietrying
04/29/2010, 06:12 PM
Nice work.......both are cool. Either way Ldub will approve.
Peace.
Tom

Ldub
04/29/2010, 06:54 PM
SWEET!...:yesgray:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1240&d=1272589279

Gizmo42
04/29/2010, 08:10 PM
That reminds me, they made more planet skull stickers. I will have a couple with me (hopefully I remember to grab them lol) since I owe LDub one. Forgot to look for the ones I had when I got home last year to send to ya LOL.

Nobody ever made more skull shirts though.

Ldub
04/30/2010, 04:08 AM
That reminds me, they made more planet skull stickers. I will have a couple with me (hopefully I remember to grab them lol) since I owe LDub one. Forgot to look for the ones I had when I got home last year to send to ya LOL.

Suzie will wear it proud...:thumbup:

Don't give the "forgot" a second thought Dave...I kinda forgot too...:laughing:

But now that you mention it, it's all coming back to me...:yesgray:

See ya on down the trail.

BigMeatVX
05/10/2010, 08:06 PM
So I'm finally gonna make this thing happen...
Runnin a day behind, seized a pulley berring and smoked a belt, back on the road and stoppin off in Salt Lake...

Where can I catch up with you guys at? Is there a roundevue point?

Ill be cruisin into town with my 11yr old son, Tues. around 10am....

PHO2GR4
05/10/2010, 08:45 PM
I'll be there Tuesday at 10:00 am. Where will everyone be???

Triathlete
05/10/2010, 08:48 PM
Big...the VX run is meeting at the Portal campground and we plan on leaving at 9am. Glad to hear you are coming on down! I am sure a lot of us will be exited to check out the tranny swap and see your beast! Where are you staying while here?
The following days plans are usually worked out around the campfire at Portal and on the stoop at the Red Rock. It is hard to miss all the VX's and Zu's! Hope to see you in the morning.

BigMeatVX
05/11/2010, 05:28 AM
Ok...well be there...got the pedal to da metal!

taylorRichie
05/11/2010, 08:58 AM
:(

I just got home from Moab, as I was leaving town I saw the vehicrosses showing up. Wish I could have stayed.

Have fun guys!!

nfpgasmask
05/11/2010, 09:06 AM
:waab: :_crying: :waag:

I can't even look at this thread. Have fun everyone, and stay safe.

Bart

off_road_4_me
02/08/2011, 05:34 PM
I should be there (I know this is my first post here) but I heard about this over on the planet.
Rollin in a grey 1st gen amigo

Triathlete
02/08/2011, 05:59 PM
I should be there (I know this is my first post here) but I heard about this over on the planet.
Rollin in a grey 1st gen amigo

I registered here just to say I was going lol

Do you also have a time machine? :bwgy:

This is the post for 2010 :rotate::laughing:

off_road_4_me
02/08/2011, 06:46 PM
Do you also have a time machine? :bwgy:

This is the post for 2010 :rotate::laughing:

ya
I just have to hit 88 mph (its harder than it looks!)