PDA

View Full Version : Calling all dweebs and nerds....

ScottinMA
06/19/2009, 04:37 PM
What is a your favorite sleeve (case) for the iPhone 3G. Just upgrade and my incase sleeve is falling apart after one year.

VX-157
06/19/2009, 04:57 PM
What is a your favorite sleeve (case) for the iPhone 3G. Just upgrade and my incase sleeve is falling apart after one year.

I would be intrested to see what people are using.

nfpgasmask
06/19/2009, 05:22 PM
Scott, iPhones are not nerdy. They are trendy!

;) Bart

alanbradley
06/19/2009, 11:25 PM
Oh great - a thread just for me :)

I don't like the bulky or rubbery cases so I have one of these clicky (http://store.apple.com/uk/product/TW251ZM/A?fnode=MTY1NDA0NA&mco=NjkzNzgzMg) that keeps the vast majority of scuffs and scratches off it.

A

VX-157
06/19/2009, 11:52 PM
Oh great - a thread just for me :)

I don't like the bulky or rubbery cases so I have one of these clicky (http://store.apple.com/uk/product/TW251ZM/A?fnode=MTY1NDA0NA&mco=NjkzNzgzMg) that keeps the vast majority of scuffs and scratches off it.

A

Oh i like that! :happyface

johnnyapollo
06/20/2009, 04:11 AM
I use two different:

Belt pouch - bought one on eBay that clips or slids on a belt (I use the slide as it prevents it from popping off). I wear this at work (business casual) - it has a really strong magnetic flap and makes the phone super accessible.

Broken clip/sleeve - bought this at dollartree - it's was made to clip on the belt and for the first generation iPhone - it also came with a screen protector which is really why I bought it (bought the same day as the phone and didn't want to pay $3 for the screen protector at a kiosk). The phone barely fits - with the front completely protected by the back of the case. The first time I clipped it the clip disintegrated - I tore the rest off and now it easily slides in my pocket. Since it's fairly thin it's comfortable and offers a degree of protection that you don't usually see.

The issue I have with most of those cases:
1. They are usually cumbersome -the iPhone's ergonomic shape gets extended into something with hard edges, or into some cloth thingy that clings when put into a pocket.
2. Many of the cases themselves have weire overlaps, hinges or some such to encase the phone that are breaking points if you ever need to take the phone out.
3. Most of these cases are made to wear out at some point so you end up buying another rather soon and it can be difficult to find the same as a replacement if you really like it (these companies come and go).

Another idea that I like and several people at my former job used - it's basically a thing adhesive-back clear skin you apply over the whole phone - gives it lots of protection and doesn't impede putting into the pocket.

Just my 2 cents, for what they're worth.

-- John

Moncha
06/20/2009, 05:47 AM
I don't have a trendy phone, just a Blackberry Storm, but I use THIS (http://www.uniqueskins.com/Categories/Cell+Phones/Apple). I love it because I can put my own graphics on and make it my own! Make sure to read the sections about how they work.

handeeman
06/20/2009, 07:25 AM
Being the computer "nurd" I am, I was wondering what's an I-phone? I have a ME phone (Motorola Electric). I've had it a long time, it's a little smaller than a WWII walkie-talkie. It has a nice strap to carry it with and I can carry my spare battery in my backpack. Been thinkin about getting a new case for it but the Army/Navy store has been closed lately (owners been sick). I'll follow this forum to see what evryone comes up with.

fuzzy
06/20/2009, 09:15 AM
I like the SwitchEasy CapsuleRebel. Lots of included stuff for the price and the fact that I can get a yellow and black one that looks like my VX was a bonus!

http://www.switcheasy.com/products/Rebel/Rebel.php?color=tiger

don moore
06/20/2009, 10:27 PM
just got a env3 ...its fun.. but i cant afford the fancy dancy stuff you cops and nerds have.....but it does take a picture when you smile ..or does a panoramic picture.

Ldub
06/21/2009, 12:36 AM
Being the computer "nurd" I am, I was wondering what's an I-phone? I have a ME phone (Motorola Electric). I've had it a long time, it's a little smaller than a WWII walkie-talkie. It has a nice strap to carry it with and I can carry my spare battery in my backpack. Been thinkin about getting a new case for it but the Army/Navy store has been closed lately (owners been sick). I'll follow this forum to see what evryone comes up with.

You kiddin' Handee? You REALLY still draggin' a brick around???:eek:

I guess you're still one up on me, at least you have cel phon technology...:thumbup:

Oh, BTW, you can make a spiffy new case for it with some cardboard & duct tape...:smack:

handeeman
06/22/2009, 06:23 AM
Been there done that, duct tape worked okay but the cardboard didn't last in all this FL. rain. I do love all this new tech stuff all the people in this thread understand. However, for people as old as me, I miss the old party-line phones and it was nice sometimes to be outta reach. Anyway (not to thread jack) back to the new stuff. I hear some of these I-phones connect to the "intranet". Since I don't have a computer at home maybe I should get one of those. Just to keep up with the VX family. I wonder, do they have classes on how to use them ? Signed : "handeeman computer nurd " Also I need to ask Moncha if there's a way when I log in I could have a little more time before the site logs me out. I had to sign in twice before I got this typed. Another thing I wonder could my fellow VXrs type (or post) a little slower as I can't read fast ?

Moncha
06/22/2009, 07:12 AM
Make sure when you log in, check the "Remember Me" check box... The time out for the site is 30min if that is not checked.

JAMAS
06/22/2009, 09:54 AM
http://www.slickdeals.net/permadeal/21923/iPhone-3G-Leather-Case---Crystal-Case-10

Enjoy!

claylong
06/22/2009, 11:33 AM
I like the SwitchEasy CapsuleRebel. Lots of included stuff for the price and the fact that I can get a yellow and black one that looks like my VX was a bonus!

http://www.switcheasy.com/products/Rebel/Rebel.php?color=tiger

Excellent product! I had their CapsuleNeo, but the bottom part fell apart after 6 months. I now have the CapsuleRebel Serpent (textured), and after 6 months the thing still looks and feels brand new.