PDA

View Full Version : LPG Conversion in the UK

kirk hilton
06/18/2009, 03:27 AM
Hiya,

As you probably remember I'm unemployed at the mo and it looks like I'll have to drive further a field to work (once I get a job). The 3.2L VX is expensive to run and I'm again looking at LPG conversion which at the mo look like £2K+ but I would like to get it done by a company who has already done a VX conversion. I know of at least three VX which have been sold in the last 6 months that have had conversions so the conversion is very possible (SWB Isuzu Trooper with a combination tank I'd imagine) Have any of you UK owners had the conversion, know of one and do you know who did it?

Hope you can Help

Kirk

alanbradley
06/19/2009, 10:11 AM
Anyone?

Now the VX isn't my primary car (I know this seems the wrong way around) I'm vaguely considering it and would also like to hear the opinons of others.

There are many 3.2 and 3.5 Troopers and Montereys around that have had it done so finding someone who has had the same work done in a different bodyshell shouldn't be too hard...

A

alterastro
06/19/2009, 11:44 AM
I'd suggest posting the question over on ITOC. OBviously tank positioning etc will be different, but I think any registered converter would be ok - just have a chat with them and see if you feel confident with them.

Nick

KeithVXlvr
06/22/2009, 03:24 PM
The members fo the LPG "Ladies Profesional Golf" are mostly lesbians... good luck with that conversion. :bwgy:

Moncha
06/22/2009, 03:45 PM
Tumble Weed

crotchrocket
06/25/2009, 06:19 AM
I emailed a guy with a red VX on ebay. he said it had a 'prinns' system on it and it was very good.

Trouble is i dont think they would put the tank in the rear door ?? so good bye boot!!

kirk hilton
07/09/2009, 05:22 AM
No they don't put the tank in the door but can provide a combi tank (extra ?200) that replaces the existing tank (so I understand) and hold 20L petrol and 60L LPG (so I believe) and you can switch between petrol ("Gas") and Gas (LPG) on the fly - best of both worlds.

crotchrocket
07/09/2009, 06:29 AM
No they don't put the tank in the door but can provide a combi tank (extra ?200) that replaces the existing tank (so I understand) and hold 20L petrol and 60L LPG (so I believe) and you can switch between petrol ("Gas") and Gas (LPG) on the fly - best of both worlds.

Thats a good idea! Not heard of that before although its not go much range per tank of gas. About 200 miles or so ?

iamironman
07/09/2009, 05:09 PM
Thats a good idea! Not heard of that before although its not go much range per tank of gas. About 200 miles or so ?

I would think if you were going on a long trip and could switch tanks on-the-fly and filled both tanks, you would actually extend the range, and maybe get over 400 miles per (twin) tankfuls, eh?

I would love that, I can go a long time wthout peeing... ummm... sorry that was prolly a TMI moment, I gotta work on that.

Ldub
07/10/2009, 01:02 AM
This might be of interest to those looking towards LPG conversion...:_wrench:

The pics in the dutch guy's gallery...

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=1068

And a discussion, with possible useful links within...

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=4307&highlight=LPG+VX