PDA

View Full Version : its time for a new thread in here...

pbkid
06/18/2009, 01:20 AM
just some food for thought-

why is it that when you blow in a dog's face they get angry...yet they stick their head out the window in the car???

some other oxymorons that dont make sense-
dry lake
crash landing
living dead
detailed summary

why do we say these things???
A little pain never hurt anyone.
May I ask a question?
We are not anticipating any emergencies.
Evil isn’t all bad.

haven't personally heard this one...but it makes sense..and this is Ldubs thread..and it reminds me of him..so i decided to add it here..
-The first condition of immortality is death.

ok...and some more food for thought/ or questions questionable to mankind-
Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, “I think I’ll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?”

Who was the first person to say “See that chicken there….I’m gonna eat the next thing that comes outta it’s butt.”

Why do toasters always have a setting that burns the toast to a horrible crisp, which no decent human being would eat?

Why is there a light in the fridge and not in the freezer?

If Jimmy cracks corn and no one cares, why is there a song about him?

Can a hearse carrying a corpse drive in the carpool lane?

If the professor on Gilligan\’s Island can make a radio out of coconut, why can\’t he fix a hole in a boat?

Why do people point to their wrist when asking for the time, but don’t point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

Why does Goofy stand erect while Pluto remains on all fours? They’re both dogs!

What do you call male ballerinas?

Can blind people see their dreams? Do they dream??

If Wile E. Coyote had enough money to buy all that Acme crap, why didn’t he just buy dinner?

If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests?

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

Isn’t Disney World just a people trap operated by a mouse?

Why do the Alphabet song and Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star have the same tune?

Do illiterate people get the full effect of Alphabet Soup?

Why do they call it an asteroid when it’s outside the hemisphere, but call it a hemorrhoid when it’s in your ***?

Does pushing the elevator button more than once make it arrive faster?

Did you ever notice that when you blow in a dog’s face, he gets mad at you, but when you take him on a car ride, he can’t wait to stick his head out the window into the wind?

Jolly Roger VX'er
06/18/2009, 02:03 AM
Ever wonder why you Park in a Driveway but, Drive on a Parkway?

On the original Star Trek episodes....Why do they always beam down to a planet in a T-shirt and then end up heating up rocks with a phasor to keep warm???? :p

When they say 4 outta 5 dentists (or doctors) recommends <whatever>....who the heck goes to the one with the differing opinion from the other 4?????

When People in this Country complain about Illegal Immigration and suggest a better fence/wall to keep them out after they are deported......Who's gonna build it?
(Okay..my idea...have THEM build the fence BEFORE deporting them and then biotch about the other side.....when they go to look at what you are complaining about...slam the gate...:p)

In the Star Wars Movies.....how come you can hear the laser blasts and explosions during a space battle yet sound cannot happen in a vacuum?

In a fridge...how do you know for sure the light actually goes out when you close the door...I mean...everytime you open the fridge the light is ON!

If a Tree falls in a forest and no one is there to hear it fall...does it make a sound?

Does Lightening actually strike the ground from a cloud????? Conventional Electrical Theory says electricity flows from (-) to (+)....or from "ground".....according to theory it should rise out of the ground and strike the cloud???????

When she says "Don't.....Stop..." is it the same as when she says "Don't Stop!....Don't Stop!!"

If the only thing standing between you and freedom is a mine field....Would you cross said mine field while chained (by the ankle) to Ronald McDonald????

circmand
06/18/2009, 07:53 AM
just some food for thought-

why is it that when you blow in a dog's face they get angry...yet they stick their head out the window in the car???

Did you ever notice that when you blow in a dog’s face, he gets mad at you, but when you take him on a car ride, he can’t wait to stick his head out the window into the wind?

Bad breath

tom4bren
06/18/2009, 08:40 AM
Why do they call it 'rush hour' when you ... aren't (rushing)?

nfpgasmask
06/18/2009, 08:41 AM

My dog is weird. When I blow in her face, she licks me. And she is to terrified to stick her head out the window of the car.

some other oxymorons that dont make sense-
dry lake
crash landing
living dead
detailed summary

You forgot "factual opinion" - Remember that one? :D

ok...and some more food for thought/ or questions questionable to mankind-
Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, “I think I’ll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?”

That reminds me of Beavis And Butthead, when Beavis said, "I didn't know cows had boobs, I thought they just had one big nutsack with a bunch of weaners hangin' off it" :laughing: (Jack, do you know who Beavis And Butthead are? :rotate:)

Why do toasters always have a setting that burns the toast to a horrible crisp, which no decent human being would eat?

My mom likes burnt toast, and burnt popcorn. The smell of either makes me sick. ;puke2;

If Jimmy cracks corn and no one cares, why is there a song about him?

Now THAT reminds me of Ldub. I think he once told me, "Jimmy cracks corn and I don't give a eff!" :laughing:

Can blind people see their dreams? Do they dream??

Well, obviously they dream, but if you were born blind, and you NEVER saw anything to know what anything looks like, what exactly do you see in the mind's eye when you dream? THAT is a very interesting question. I may have to do some web searches on that one! :_wtf:

Bart

Moncha
06/18/2009, 09:48 AM
...They say a dog's mouth is "cleaner" than a humans - if I could lick my own butt hole would I have a cleaner mouth?...

That one put an image in my head that no human should see...

Sometimes I hate my job!

nfpgasmask
06/18/2009, 09:57 AM
That one put an image in my head that no human should see...

Sometimes I hate my job!

:laughing: What's worse, is my little pup had coprophagia when she was young..;puke2;

Bart

Gussie2000
06/18/2009, 11:11 AM
If music is the universal language of all why is it that my neighbor who's chinese keeps asking me what i'm singing.

Another thought is:

If the speed of the light is measured by seconds why is it that national grid charge us per hour.

And recently,regarding the air france catastrofy.If cars comes with air bags for impacts why is it that the air plains doesn't came with any when impact on the floor.

tom4bren
06/18/2009, 11:38 AM
and the ultimate oxymoron:

Too much offset

:):):):):):):):):):)

KeithVXlvr
06/20/2009, 09:02 PM
Goofy is not a dog. Haven't you ever seen 'Stand By Me' ??

Triathlete
06/20/2009, 09:26 PM
Wow...this sounds like one big Steven Wright routine...just read all of the above in a dry monotone voice.

Scott Harness
06/21/2009, 10:23 AM
THE Classic...Military Intelligence...credit goes to George Carlin:cool:

handeeman
06/22/2009, 11:53 AM
:_shrug::_shrug::_shrug:
If 4 out of 5 people suffer with diarrhea, does that mean 1 out of 5 enjoys it ?
Why do croutons come in an air tight bags? Aren't they just stale bread?
If it's true we are here to help others, then what are the others here for?

tom4bren
06/22/2009, 03:16 PM
Why do you close your eyes when you sneeze?

circmand
06/22/2009, 03:47 PM
Why do so many people feel it is correct to say, "I could care less!"? Well, who's stopping you? Care less if you want to because I couldn't care less!!"?

Actually both are proper maybe I could care less but you couldnt care less.

!"?
If evolution is false, why do we have tail bones?!"?

Called a tail bone because it is where a tail would be if we had one. Apes do not have tails either

!"?
How does gravity work? I mean, if you put a tiny pebble on the side of a tennis ball tied to a string and spin it... you will see the pebble "fall" AWAY from the center, not toward it.!"?

Planets are not being swung around on a string they are in a consistant state of falling with the degree and direction of the fall affected by the mass of the others others

!"?
If heat rises, why does snow last so long on the mountain peaks? Thin air? OK then, we just got back into the gravity question...!"?

Heats only rises if you are standing upright. If you are standing on your head it is falling to your feet. As it is only your perception of up and down. Planets are revolving and spinning in space which has no up or down except in relation to gravity and where and how you are standing Also perhaps heat isnt rising Cold is falling being how molecules contract when cold thereby creating more mass resulting in the cold molecule being more attracted to gravity and pushing hot air up

!"?
They say a dog's mouth is "cleaner" than a humans - if I could lick my own butt hole would I have a cleaner mouth?!"?

Idiots say that as well as morons who write TV scripts ask your vet

!"?
In philosophy class, my "professor" asked me a question as he laid down an eraser. He asked, "If you were to come back here 100 years from now to see what became of this eraser, what would you find?" I told him I would find an eraser. He told me I wouldn't find an eraser, I would only find dust! Why did he fail me after I pointed out, "If I were so inclined to find your precious eraser 100 years from now, it better damn well be there!"?

I think your professor realized that if you were still coming back to the class 100 years from now that is a result of the fact that you did not graduate. So if you found an eraser you were still coming back and in fact still had not graduated. So he flunked you

Gussie2000
06/22/2009, 05:39 PM
Hey, if you are going to act like a know-it-all, you could at least spell "fallacies" right. And if you are going to act like a know-it-all, you could at least do so without using your own fallacies. And if you are going to act like a know-it-all, you could at least try to be eloquent and thought provoking. And if you are going to act like a know-it-all, you could at least have no sense of humor about it... oh, wait, yeah, you got that one... :yeso: Seems to me, if you were able to lick your own butthole you would taste how full of crap you are. :bgwo:

hehehehehe that's F.... crazy :p

Moncha
06/22/2009, 05:45 PM
:eek::freek::freek::eek:

:whiteflag:

orion
06/22/2009, 06:10 PM
Great, now i think my brain is bleeding.........

Ldub
06/23/2009, 12:43 AM
:eek::freek::freek::eek:

:whiteflag:

Great, now i think my brain is bleeding.........

Now Y'all see what ya gone & done???

This is Dubworld, not a place for contensious discourse, but lighthearted frivolity...:dance:

Play nice here, & "watch that bananna all day"...:dan_ban:...:dan_ban:...:dan_ban:... :laughing:

Jolly Roger VX'er
06/23/2009, 09:45 PM
This is funny 'cause I was wondering when you were going to show up and moderate your own thread...:p :drama: :_cop:

okay...back on topic:

1)Honest Lawyer
2)Found Missing
3)Resident Alien
4) i.e."That was Almost Exactly like mine." define almost exactly...
5) i.e."Now, Then...."
6)Pretty Ugly
7)i.e."The best I can do is a definite maybe."<----------I use this on my boss ALOT!
8)clearly misunderstood
9)Rap Music
10)exact estimate

and the one that is bound to start an international incident.......drumroll....

11)British Fashion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

pbkid
06/24/2009, 06:07 PM
hey dub.. i was just trying to give you some things to think about late night...and to entertain...
dont blame me lol

tom4bren
06/25/2009, 06:37 AM
Now that all the kids are playing nice in the sandbox again ... I'll play 'know it all'

cirmand - there are 2 problems with your logic:

1) in the example given for gravity, the 2 cases are operating on very different principles. The pebble in the tennis ball is operating on centrifugal force, not gravity. The 2 forces are similar in nature and effect but can not be used for comparison.

2) in the example of hot air rising, there are too many variables in the comparison. Cold air at very high elevations is caused by many factors including air density and distance from the earth core.

Phew - that's been bugging me for days, glad to finally have it off my chest.

Note smiley in siggy - I'm not trying to restart the argument.

pbkid
06/25/2009, 05:53 PM
The thing is, it was never an argument... all I did was ask rhetorical stupid questions, and got stupid answers. Keep in mind tho, afterward... drum roll please... I used TWO smilies, bub! :p All is well in Dubworld... but remember kids, when you play in the sand box and someone throws sand in your eyes, it IS irritating. :rolleyes:
:drama:

tom4bren
06/26/2009, 06:23 AM
"I used TWO smilies, bub!"

I guess the key is, if you've got a cool godlike name, you can get away with just about anything:):)

Ldub
06/26/2009, 07:43 AM
"I used TWO smilies, bub!"

I guess the key is, if you've got a cool godlike name, you can get away with just about anything:):)

Oh I don't know, I get away with the same amount as anyone else, I figure. :):):)

My guess?...:_thinking

The next reply will contain four smilies...:laughing:

Nuclear proliferation...with smilies.

This could get ugly...:eek:

tom4bren
06/26/2009, 08:03 AM
ROTFL

I love this family. You two are like my demented brothers that we kept hidden in the attic.

:_group2:

Ldub
06/26/2009, 08:07 AM
ROTFL

I love this family. You two are like my demented brothers that we kept hidden in the attic.

:_group2:

I don't know why exactly, but I somehow feel honored...:laughing:...:dan_ban:

Moncha
06/26/2009, 08:28 AM
What's this thread about again? Oh right...
If a smilie takes a crap when nobody is online does a new crap smilie appear if no one was there to see it? :):):):)

http://www.aimface.com/ikons/IKON4f8b2081278bac35f3adbe96e0b9c3088d11becd50.gif

Ldub
06/26/2009, 08:33 AM
http://www.aimface.com/ikons/IKON4f8b2081278bac35f3adbe96e0b9c3088d11becd50.gif

CLASSIC !

Though I don't seem to be able to find that one in MY smilie index...:sighwgray

tom4bren
06/26/2009, 08:38 AM
Looks like I just got a 3rd demented brother!

Moncha
06/26/2009, 09:03 AM
Looks like I just got a 3rd demented brother!

Gotta remember what I do for living http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/sex/t1542.gif

Of course I'm demented!

LittleBeast
06/26/2009, 09:06 AM
Let's just all go fly a kite :hat:
I don't like kites!!!!! :_mecker:
I love kites!!!!! Drool:dan_ban:
You talking to me? :slap:
:drama:
:ot:

:hj:

Moncha
06/26/2009, 09:14 AM
:)

ornery to day I guess

Moncha
06/26/2009, 10:23 AM
Unfortunatley, not. I just linked to them from their sites

tom4bren
06/26/2009, 11:03 AM
"Let's just all go fly a kite ... I don't like kites!!!!! ... I love kites!!!!! ...You talking to me?"

Let's just all go install diff drop brackets :smack:

I'll wait exactly 1 year to return the stock brackets & Tom's tools (not to mention the cool little transit case he sent them in):bla:

I love messin wit hiz mind:freek:

You talking to me? (YUP!):slap:

LittleBeast
06/26/2009, 12:44 PM
I'll wait exactly 1 year to return the stock brackets & Tom's tools (not to mention the cool little transit case he sent them in):bla:

HAHA, sorry dude. I have all of your stuff ready to go what do you want me to do? Surely it has not been a year yet has it?

tom4bren
06/26/2009, 12:45 PM
Naw, not a year yet but those 8 months sure did fly by didn't they.

I'll PM you my addy.

Don't apologize to me - Joe's next in line for brackets, he's the one you'll be answering to (calendar time will be fun this year).

"Gotta remember what I do for living ... Of course I'm demented!"

Understood!

Jolly Roger VX'er
06/27/2009, 02:00 PM
:ot:

:hj:

Nothing is off-topic & you cannot THREADJACK in Larry-Land!!!!!!!!!!!

If I never teach you another thing in your life, you're now good to go grasshopper!

rant over----(yeah, rite)

:):):):):)<----------top that oh-meightie-one (mis-spell'in is funn! :yeso:)

p.s.-----please, no lightening bolts hurled my way.....

tom4bren
06/29/2009, 09:47 AM
Jolly Roger,

If you're gonna paraphrase me ... at least get it right:) For future reference, the saying goes:

Zeus - please don't drop a lightning bolt down my shorts.

I feel better now.

Now back to you Zeus - oh master of smiley overkill.

Moncha
06/29/2009, 11:02 AM
http://media.bigoo.ws/content/smile/fighting/fighting_88.gif

Ldub
06/29/2009, 11:05 AM
yOU AwL are amusing az hell today...:thanx:

:fyi:..yu dun't hev tu spel guud tu poft iin dubz wurld neethur...:laughing:

handeeman
06/29/2009, 11:16 AM
http://media.bigoo.ws/content/smile/fighting/fighting_88.gif

yOU AwL are amusing az hell today...:thanx:

:fyi:..yu dun't hev tu spel guud tu poft iin dubz wurld neethur...:laughing:

Guess thats wy I feel so at home ear.

Ldub
06/29/2009, 11:18 AM
Guess thats wy I feel so at home ear.

DANG Dude...multiple quotes & everything...:thumbup:

handeeman
06/29/2009, 11:46 AM
DANG Dude...multiple quotes & everything...:thumbup:
Like I said "computer Nurd Here." I never even new how to download/upload a pic till I got here. moncha made it easy, eaven a silver haired (bald) guy can do it . shift button on this company computer doen't work sometimes so i'm gonna rite in all lower case.

Ldub
06/29/2009, 11:05 PM
Like I said "computer Nurd Here." I never even new how to download/upload a pic till I got here. moncha made it easy, eaven a silver haired (bald) guy can do it . shift button on this company computer doen't work sometimes so i'm gonna rite in all lower case.

I'm in the same boat with you Handee...:_thinking

I've only had a computer since 05', & never took a class...:rolleyesg...:_thinking...:mbrasd:

Pretty much everything I know (which ain't much) how to do on a computer,:work: I've learned from the good folks in this family...:heart:

Just by hangin around, watching & listening, I've been able to absorb a bit.

The link that Bart posted to the HTML code site has me drooling...Drool

http://www.tedmontgomery.com/tutorial/altchrc.html

tom4bren
06/30/2009, 06:35 AM
Hey, I'm a punch card guy in a keyboard world:)

handeeman
06/30/2009, 12:23 PM
Hey, I'm a punch card guy in a keyboard world:)
Yep, sometimes I feel like the whole world is a Tuxedo and I'm a pair of white socks. Course in dub's world, tux with white sox would seem perfectly formal.
Guess that's why I'm so at ease here.

Ldub
06/30/2009, 11:43 PM
Course in dub's world, tux with white sox would seem perfectly formal.

Formal, yes, but only iffin' yer wearin brown shooz...or converse high tops. :laughing:

In any event, you'd be overdressed...:rolleyesg

handeeman
07/02/2009, 10:06 AM
After a few "moonkies" I probably would wear one of each. But I can't remember at a formal occasion do you wear the brown shoe on the left foot and the high top on the right or visa versa. I know you're not "Emily Post" but I figured you'd know. Actually I guess you are kinda the "Emily Post" of vehicross.info as far as protocal.

Ldub
07/02/2009, 10:38 AM
Actually I guess you are kinda the "Emily Post" of vehicross.info as far as protocal.

Not me man...no shirt, no shoes, no problem...:dan_ban:

As long as it's above freezing...:yes:

tom4bren
07/09/2009, 10:10 AM
"Not me man...no shirt, no shoes, no problem..."

Now that is an image I didn't need. AAAARRGG!!! get outa my head.

tom4bren
03/15/2012, 08:24 AM
Time to resurrect this thread cause ....

I like playing mind games with unarmed people.

nfpgasmask
03/15/2012, 08:41 AM
Time to resurrect this thread cause ....

I like playing mind games with unarmed people.

Well, here's a question for you then, Tom. Do you still make posters?

:) Bart

tom4bren
03/15/2012, 08:56 AM
I'll hafta check to see if plotter still functions. I'm in a different office now so don't keep my finger on that pulse.

Send me the pic yer interested in though & I'll get'r done.

nfpgasmask
03/15/2012, 09:03 AM
Well, I am actually still trying to find an original of what I want blown up so I can scan it. If I get to it, I will hit you up in PM! Thanks!!

Bart

circmand
03/15/2012, 09:53 AM
Yep, sometimes I feel like the whole world is a Tuxedo and I'm a pair of white socks. Course in dub's world, tux with white sox would seem perfectly formal.
Guess that's why I'm so at ease here.

White socks are okay with a Tux if you are wearing a white shirt. They Match