PDA

View Full Version : Guilty Pleasures

nfpgasmask
06/16/2009, 02:19 PM
In response to THIS (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?p=162406#post162406) thread, I just remembered what it was I wanted to start a topic about!

So, this is a thread where you post your guilty pleasures. You know, things you really like that you are slightly embarrassed to like for whatever reason.

I'll start:

1) The Moody Blues
2) Prince
3) Chihuahuas
4) Mojitos

:) Bart

Triathlete
06/16/2009, 02:23 PM
2) Prince

Would have to be his old stuff. His new stuff kind of went out to left field. Saw him in concert in Phoenix back in the late 70's early 80's with the Time and vanity 6!:bgwo:

nfpgasmask
06/16/2009, 02:24 PM
Would have to be his old stuff. His new stuff kind of went out to left field. Saw him in concert in Phoenix back in the late 70's early 80's with the Time and vanity 6!:bgwo:

Yeah, definitely. I really couldn't even tell you what one of his new songs is. The 80s stuff...

Bart

CrnCnn
06/16/2009, 02:46 PM
Its tough. For me its not that I feel guilty for liking something unless someone makes me feel that way.

I will have to think about this one.... Especially because this is a Family forum... ;)

nfpgasmask
06/16/2009, 04:31 PM
Nickelback

GOOD ONE!

Working out! I find motivation in checking out buff dudes..

REALLY GOOD ONE!

:D Bart

kodiak
06/16/2009, 05:04 PM
Mine is British sci-fi Dr who, Red Dwarf.:o
And It keeps getting worse, I’m watching a BBC sci-fi show called Hyperdrive right now. :p

CrnCnn
06/16/2009, 05:33 PM
I find motivation in checking out buff dudes... please have no response to that... :(

I find it makes me feel worse about myself and I go eat sugar.... Maybe thats why I am fat

Marlin
06/16/2009, 05:39 PM
I hate to admit this, but....

Ally Mcbeal
Buttery Nipples
Will and Grace
Are you being served(British comedy my mom made me watch when I was a kid)
Mark Wahlberg
and last but not least

and just for Justin's satisfaction (Zeus), older Jeeps.

pbkid
06/16/2009, 06:18 PM
Buttery Nipples
Mark Wahlberg

ill have to agree with both of these...

Working out! I find motivation in checking out buff dudes... please have no response to that... :(

hmmm.....im gonna let Ldub respond to that one...

3) Chihuahuas EW
4) Mojitos Yum

:) Bart

i guess i have to give my own now...

1- riding my moped around (its actually really fun)
2- nip/tuck
3- Lady GaGa's song- Just Dance (i probably shouldnt admit that one)
4- Vodka Cranberries
5- Heath Ledger movies

pbkid
06/16/2009, 06:27 PM
WooHoo! I knew you had it in ya! ;)

i guess for barts satisfaction-
subaru's :dan_ban:Give Up:dan_ban:

MissCOVX
06/16/2009, 06:40 PM
Bart I lOVE this thread! its hilarious :laughp:

Here's some of mine...

1) Wearing pj's on my day off. (ALL DAY...)
2) Disney Movies.
3) Giving everything a name of its own (i.e. my car's name is Pretty Little Girl, my phone's name is Pretty Little Thing, my plants names are ZZ, Little foot, and Elvis Marley.
4) Domestic Beers...unlike the BF:rollblue:
5) Gangter rap and Emo music.
6) My girl-crush on Kendra Wilkinson.
7) And haha, along with Zeus, I TOO am motivated by buff men while working out...:_drool:

Dont hold these against me please ...:smilewink

SomeBeach
06/16/2009, 07:31 PM
Steven Seagal & Barry Manilow

Mrs. CRNCNN
06/16/2009, 08:49 PM
Bart I lOVE this thread! its hilarious :laughp:

2) Disney Movies.

Dont hold these against me please ...:smilewink

There's nothing wrong with Disney Movies :D I buy every one that comes out....everybody is a kid at heart :D

nfpgasmask
06/16/2009, 08:51 PM

Ally Mcbeal
Buttery Nipples
Will and Grace
Are you being served(British comedy my mom made me watch when I was a kid)
Mark Wahlberg
and last but not least

and just for Justin's satisfaction (Zeus), older Jeeps.

Mrs. Slocum RULZ! :thumbup:

But Will and Grace...man, that is the best one yet! ;puke2;

:laughing:

Bart

nfpgasmask
06/16/2009, 08:53 PM
There's nothing wrong with Disney Movies :D I buy every one that comes out....everybody is a kid at heart :D

I actually like old Disney, when Walt was still in charge. Now everything is just horrid computerized crap...

Old Chip & Dale and Donald Duck is great stuff.

Bart

djvx
06/16/2009, 09:19 PM
Bart, did you stop taking your anti-boredom pills again?....ok fine, guilty pleasures...Hmmmm well I like dixie chicks music but i hate their political views.
I like the pontiac vibe (car) and I don't know why...wierd.speaking of weird i kinda like the stupid overplayed verizon wireless commercial where the chic says"ya got the whole Verizon wireless crew..thats weird" god why do i like that?I like cats-don't have one tho.And sometimes...when I'm alone...I like to...ahh i best keep that to myself....Now get back to work Bart!

don moore
06/16/2009, 09:42 PM
chihuahuas.. I have 2 ...little but mighty
anything StarTrek...
electronic gadgets...
War movies...
Peanut butter by the spoon...:p

Jolly Roger VX'er
06/17/2009, 02:13 AM
1) Watching the "Eleanor" Chase scene in "Gone in 60 Seconds" w/ Nicolas Cage DVD (okay..so now you know WHY I bought the Mustang GT :) ) for the umteenth time with the Home Theater System cranked up. Then hopping into my 'Stang and reliving my yoot.

2) Watching my DVD collection of "Space 1999" and then going into work and using my I.D. badge to open the security double glass doors and fantasizing I'm entering Moonbase Alpha...:p (p.s.-my ironman is same colors as 'Eagle Transporter'...lol.)

3) Riding my Suzuki V-Strom DL1000 (like crossing a motocross w/ crotch-rocket) and imagining I'm piloting "Street Hawk" the futuristic motorcycle. ;)

4) Mowing my 2.25 Acres with my Kubota Diesel Tractor....should be work....but its relax'in!

5) Listening to "Coast to Coast AM w/ george noory" while @ work during the night-shift troubleshooting locomotive electronics & pestering you dudes (and dudettes!)

6) Submarine movies (Hunt 4 Red October, U-571, Disney's 20k Leagues Under the Sea, etc..)

7) Anything Star Trek...been catch'in re-runs of the often bashed "Enterprise" in HD.

8) Bon Jovi, Kenny Chesney, classic Phil Collins, movie soundtracks....

9) Paranormal shows, books, radio shows....keeping an open mind :smilewink

10) Yeungling Lager Beer, Yeungling Light Lager Beer

etlsport
06/17/2009, 08:10 AM
10) Yeungling Lager Beer, Yeungling Light Lager Beer

HEY!! theres nothing wrong with anything from the yeungling brewery! they proudly have an entire shelf in my beer fridge

my guilty pleasure....

my aunt got me a 32gb Ipod Touch for graduation last week... I love this thing :embarasse

oh and www.fmylife.com

CrnCnn
06/17/2009, 08:39 AM
OK. Heres one.

I think this is more embarassing than anything, if you have seen me or know me in person you would understand why that is....

Some of Justin Timberlake songs.... Summer Love (I think) makes me dance when I am home alone..... :o

nfpgasmask
06/17/2009, 08:42 AM
1) Watching the "Eleanor" Chase scene in "Gone in 60 Seconds" w/ Nicolas Cage DVD (okay..so now you know WHY I bought the Mustang GT :) ) for the umteenth time with the Home Theater System cranked up. Then hopping into my 'Stang and reliving my yoot.

So wait, are you tellin' me that you actually prefer the new version over the original? Wow! I hope within the next 18 months I will be able to do some very similar watching of a certain movie and then going into my garage and make believing I am living it!

6) Submarine movies (Hunt 4 Red October, U-571, Disney's 20k Leagues Under the Sea, etc..)

Dude, I hope you left out Das Boot (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081834/) because you have yet to see it, because it will be a treat if you like Sub movies. A 9.4 rating on IMDB, THAT is pretty hard for anything to accomplish.

Bart

nfpgasmask
06/17/2009, 08:44 AM
OK. Heres one.

I think this is more embarassing than anything, if you have seen me or know me in person you would understand why that is....

Some of Justin Timberlake songs.... Summer Love (I think) makes me dance when I am home alone..... :o

There we go, I knew you had it in you. I'll admit, I like that one Outkast song, Hey Ya for some strange reason... :wtfy:

Bart

nfpgasmask
06/17/2009, 08:51 AM
oh and www.fmylife.com

Oh man, I've never seen that site before, this one just caused me to bust up in my cube -

"Today, I picked up my 17 year old daughter after a late night movie down town and got pulled over by a cop. He questioned us for a solicitation. I told the cop that she was my daughter but he said "so you are the daddy" and laughed. Good to know that my daughter looks like a ho and I a perv. FML"

Good stuff.

Thanks for sharing that site. Now I have something new to read at work. :thumbup:

Bart

SomeBeach
06/17/2009, 09:29 AM
I love so much of the old music...The Osmonds, Tony Orlando, Pablo Cruise (my favorite), Little River Band, and the Captain & Tennille.
As far as older actresses, I love Charo (coochie coochie), and Raquel Welch, Barbara Eden, and Loni Anderson.
Cars...I love the 1978 LTD II, the Gremlin and the AMC Pacer
And Super Heros - Batman, Superman, Green Hornet, The Phantom, and Aquaman.

JHarris1385
06/17/2009, 11:05 AM
I love mojitos - I always have the ingredients ready to go. I even planted a few mint plants for fresh mint.

nfpgasmask
06/17/2009, 11:15 AM
I love mojitos - I always have the ingredients ready to go. I even planted a few mint plants for fresh mint.

Yeah, I love mint stuff. Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream (green, not white), York Peppermint patties, Jr. Mints, mojitos, those crappy little red and white mints you get on your way out of the restaurant, and Aqua Fresh Extreme Clean, too!

;) Bart

nfpgasmask
06/17/2009, 11:19 AM
Nice! Dena (at work) showed that site to me and together we read about this girl who was looking for an office fling of some sort... what can I say, I took it as an opening and a hint... now we are both uncomfortable around each other. FML.

Is that one yours??

This one is hilarious too:

"Today, I thought I saw a woodchuck far out in my yard. I wanted to take a cool picture of it so I slowly crept closer and closer to it. I spent half an hour sneaking up on a log. FML"

:laughing:
Bart

djvx
06/17/2009, 08:42 PM
chihuahuas.. I have 2 ...little but mighty
anything StarTrek...
electronic gadgets...
War movies...
Peanut butter by the spoon...:p

Don, dip that peanut butter filled spoon in some semi sweet chocolate chips-pure heaven.....well kinda anyway.:grino:

Jolly Roger VX'er
06/17/2009, 11:52 PM
So wait, are you tellin' me that you actually prefer the new version over the original? Wow! I hope within the next 18 months I will be able to do some very similar watching of a certain movie and then going into my garage and make believing I am living it!

Dude, I hope you left out Das Boot (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081834/) because you have yet to see it, because it will be a treat if you like Sub movies. A 9.4 rating on IMDB, THAT is pretty hard for anything to accomplish.

Bart

I like the new version 'cept for the hokey 'cgi' Eleanor jump (air-borne portion) on the bridge. I have the original flick too... just never warmed up to it as he practically hits everything when fleeing and the acting is horrible...okay..so the acting in the new one isn't all that great either..lol. Plus, the new 'Eleanor' was designed by Chip Foose & company!

Never saw 'Das Boot'. Gonna seek it out now!

Cobrajet
06/18/2009, 08:36 AM
1) Microwave burritos with cheese, sour cream and salsa.
2) Chirping the tires on the 1-2 shift in my Cobra.
3) Bianca Ryan (http://www.biancaryan.com/) and Sara Niemitz (http://www.youtube.com/user/SaraNiemietz).
4) My job.
5) Mowing my lawn.

nfpgasmask
06/18/2009, 08:53 AM
Never saw 'Das Boot'. Gonna seek it out now!

If you can, find the uncut remastered version. Its long, but very good.

Bart

tom4bren
06/18/2009, 09:27 AM
My guilty pleasures:

Bustin Bart at every possible occasion.

Bustin Justin at every possible occasion.

Bustin Ryan at every possible occasion.

Bustin LW at every possible occasion.

The fun just never ends.

nfpgasmask
06/18/2009, 09:35 AM
I thought of another one for me:

GIGANTIC plates of chili-cheese fries drowned in half a bottle of ketchup. Oh how I love it. My heart, intestines and colon do not, however.

Bart

tom4bren
06/18/2009, 09:45 AM
"I don't think there is ANY guilt, whatsoever!"

Guilt ... No

Pleasure ... Absolutely

MissCOVX
06/18/2009, 09:50 AM
#3 is so me too! I can't help but name all my toys. I have to ask though, with great expectation... what kind of plant is 'Marley? :smilewink

haha Elvis Marley is a Japanese Palm....I named it that because Its palm branches fan out like it has crazy hair and for some reason, to me, resembles dreadlocks. Jack picked out the elvis part. I dont know why....:grino:

CrnCnn
06/18/2009, 09:51 AM
1) Microwave burritos with cheese, sour cream and salsa.
2) Chirping the tires on the 1-2 shift in my Cobra.
3) Bianca Ryan (http://www.biancaryan.com/) and Sara Niemitz (http://www.youtube.com/user/SaraNiemietz).
4) My job.
5) Mowing my lawn.

My stepdad likes mowing the lawn as well. If he has had a bad day you can find him doing the lawn or other yardwork. Lets him wind down.

CrnCnn
06/18/2009, 09:53 AM
Hersheys Choc Syrup.....

tom4bren
06/18/2009, 10:06 AM
UMMM ...

stoping short

Ooops - wrong thread

pbkid
06/18/2009, 11:32 AM
haha Elvis Marley is a Japanese Palm....I named it that because Its palm branches fan out like it has crazy hair and for some reason, to me, resembles dreadlocks. Jack picked out the elvis part. I dont know why....:grino:

elvis just popped into my head...i dunno why, i dont even listen to him..but the plant just seemed to fit as an elvis

UMMM ...

stoping short

Ooops - wrong thread

x2

ZEUS
01/29/2010, 12:55 PM
Power Rangers... don't know why, but I find it entertaining. Oh and Lady Gaga too! She's a spectacle like Marilyn Manson but powered by Madonna instead of Satan... sounds redundant, I know.

nfpgasmask
01/29/2010, 01:23 PM
Power Rangers... don't know why, but I find it entertaining. Oh and Lady Gaga too! She's a spectacle like Marilyn Manson but powered by Madonna instead of Satan... sounds redundant, I know.

I'll admit it, and like you said, don't know why, but Lady Gaga is alright. Her music is stupid and catchy and her videos are crazy. What's even better is Eric Cartman singing 'Poker Face'. :laughing: Power Rangers though, I can't get into. Mostly because I am a bigger fan of the original stuff that inspired Power Rangers (Ultraman, Spectreman, Godzilla, etc).

Bart

PS - If you like Power Rangers, check out these flicks:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103327/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111822/

The 2nd one is even better than the first.

Triathlete
01/29/2010, 01:30 PM
Power Rangers... don't know why

You just like that little asian in the pink suit!:yesy:

CrnCnn
01/29/2010, 01:32 PM
One of the power rangers is fighting in MMA soon or just did.

ZEUS
01/29/2010, 01:56 PM
I'll admit it, and like you said, don't know why, but Lady Gaga is alright. Her music is stupid and catchy and her videos are crazy. What's even better is Eric Cartman singing 'Poker Face'. :laughing: Power Rangers though, I can't get into. Mostly because I am a bigger fan of the original stuff that inspired Power Rangers (Ultraman, Spectreman, Godzilla, etc).

Bart

PS - If you like Power Rangers, check out these flicks:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103327/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111822/

The 2nd one is even better than the first.Not so sure about catching those flicks but Cartman singing Poker Face I GOTTA SEE!

ZEUS
01/29/2010, 01:59 PM
You just like that little asian in the pink suit!:yesy:Actually... it was the latest lady villian. :yesgray:

One of the power rangers is fighting in MMA soon or just did.Oh man, talk about getting picked on... at least Brock was a huge beast of a guy in fake wrestling... but a Power Ranger around all those dudes... poor guy!

nfpgasmask
01/29/2010, 02:10 PM
Not so sure about catching those flicks but Cartman singing Poker Face I GOTTA SEE!

It's the Whale Wars episode, just check YouTube for it, its one there, search "Cartman Poker Face" :D

Bart