PDA

View Full Version : Rig of the month

CrnCnn
06/16/2009, 10:52 AM
A local 4X forum I am on does a Rig of the month deal. I dont think you really win anything but your pics posted at the top of the page for that month (I think, I have never won even tho I have posted Barts and mine up for nomination before.)

What does anyone think about that for here? I know we dont have a ton of people who are active so we would get repeats every once in a while.

Thoughts?

tom4bren
06/16/2009, 11:02 AM
As long as I'm first, I'll vote yes:)

LittleBeast
06/16/2009, 12:15 PM
As long as I'm first, I'll vote yes:)

Uh, he didn't say rig with most offset
:jump:

pbkid
06/16/2009, 12:21 PM
ya, that would be fun...

tom4bren
06/16/2009, 12:35 PM
Actually on second thought, this may not be the best idea. I see this degenerating into a SEVERE bashing forum:)

crotchrocket
06/16/2009, 01:27 PM
We had a car of the month on the 300zx forum. Different catagories every month i.e best stock, best modified etc etc and the winner of each month went in the calender, in december it was car of the year from all the months winners. Worked really well!!!

CrnCnn
06/16/2009, 01:33 PM
the winner of each month went in the calender, in december it was car of the year from all the months winners. Worked really well!!!

Not a bad idea... adds to the voting we have been doing towards the end of every year...

Plus it keeps it so some people arent in the calendar more than once, and once they are selected we could choose from some of their best pics as to which one gets in the calendar.

LittleBeast
06/16/2009, 01:34 PM
Voting? Since when was this a democracy? we all know ldub knows best ;)

nfpgasmask
06/16/2009, 01:46 PM
Actually on second thought, this may not be the best idea. I see this degenerating into a SEVERE bashing forum:)

Good point. We wouldn't want it turning into a popularity contest or a bash fest or any mixture of the two...

Bart

crotchrocket
06/16/2009, 01:56 PM
Good point. We wouldn't want it turning into a popularity contest or a bash fest or any mixture of the two...

Bart

no need really, you have a poll at the top of the page with the first 10 rigs that are entered. Entrance for rig of the month is made via PM where you put someones VX up for that months vote, ie you cant vote yourself!! Entrants need an up to date gallery and spec to qualify

You vote in the poll and put the reasons why you voted, not why you didnt vote for the others :D

CrnCnn
06/16/2009, 02:10 PM
Perhaps I should've put a poll on this.... Let's see how moncha feels about it and go from there.

I wouldnt put why you chose the VX you do. I say just vote for the one you want it to be. Whoever won one month cant win again til next year unless their rig has changed drastically.

Rules can be worked out later I just want to know interest.

Triathlete
06/16/2009, 02:51 PM
Uh, he didn't say rig with most offset of the month:jump:

Fixed it for ya!:bwgy:

Marlin
06/16/2009, 03:03 PM
How about a "most mods in the shortest time" and a "drove the furthest to Moab" category...I really want in the calendar ;)

CrnCnn
06/16/2009, 03:35 PM
Does anyone else feel like this isnt getting very far?

Triathlete
06/16/2009, 04:10 PM
Ahhh, patience young grasshopper!:bwgy:

Marlin
06/16/2009, 04:37 PM
You will be...

You didn't take a pic of me trying that key fob to the temple thing did you?:rolleyes:

CrnCnn
06/17/2009, 01:39 PM
So nothing since yesterday... does that mean no? Basically only three responses that were ergarding the initial question anyhow.

crotchrocket
06/18/2009, 02:09 AM
lets go for it!

I would say though that on the 300zx club only 20% of members voted, i.e the regulars

JAMAS
06/18/2009, 06:33 AM
Maybe we can replace the picture of Wormgods VX on the front page under the "most viewed" image area, with the picture of the rig of the month.

:bgwo:The section should be called "Wormgods VX". Hasn't changed since I first found this forum.:bgwo:

tom4bren
06/18/2009, 09:01 AM
JAMAS - The most viewed pic is very much a self fullfilling profecy. Once that pic got that honor, it automatically gets tapped more often than any other picture. KUDOS to WormGod tho - it is a great pic.

My vote is that a rig of the month is a great idea. The process may be too cumbersome tho. Maybe the originator of the idea should just make the selection via a non-repeating random selection, PM the owner to submit a short writeup on the rig, post it & await comments.

nfpgasmask
06/18/2009, 09:09 AM
Hmmm, what about this: someone starts with say 5 rigs, PMs the owners and asks them for their specs and a good pic. Then that someone starts a thread like "July - Rig of the Month" and puts up a poll with the 5 rigs and their specs. Then everyone votes and see who wins. The winner then gets to pick the next five. Or something like that....

Bart

tom4bren
06/18/2009, 09:52 AM
& Bart picks ... 5 Ebonies:)

nfpgasmask
06/18/2009, 09:54 AM

Perhaps... :rolleyes:

Bart

Moncha
06/18/2009, 10:55 AM
Been kicking around a bunch of ideas to bring up the entertainment value for a long time..

This one is a good idea, save for a very limited base to draw from. We'll have to put together some plans and see if it flies.

pbkid
06/18/2009, 12:05 PM
Been kicking around a bunch of ideas to bring up the entertainment value for a long time..

This one is a good idea, save for a very limited base to draw from. We'll have to put together some plans and see if it flies.
:thumbup:

Marlin
06/18/2009, 02:52 PM

Are there even 5 ebonies worth submitting.....:bgwb:

tom4bren
06/18/2009, 02:53 PM
You have NO way of appreciating how hard this is to say. I like Bart's idea.

I'll start with a list of nominations (impartial):

Moncha - 'cause He Da Man + Protons Rock

WormGod - so he won't feel so bad when we steal his 'most viewed picture' spot from the home page

Clint - since he started this mess

KAT - No sexism here + adds a foxfire to the mix + she's just good people

CrotchRocket - just to add someone from across the pond

If Y'all agree with the list then I'll start a poll thread to get it started & the nomonees can post their Specs & Pic.