PDA

View Full Version : On the road again!!

crager34
06/09/2009, 02:47 PM
Marlin - Looks like another VX'er in South Carolina soon!!

The career is moving me up again and I am heading East to Aiken, SC, to the DOE Savannah River Site. The job offer went dead during the 09 ZuZoo, but they called me up two days ago and made me a 6 figure offer I couldn't refuse. :eek:

kodiak
06/09/2009, 03:18 PM
Congratulations! Beautiful area, that’s not very far from Savanna Georgia. I love that City.:_beer:

Scott Harness
06/09/2009, 05:12 PM

The career is moving me up again and I am heading East to Aiken, SC, to the DOE Savannah River Site. The job offer went dead during the 09 ZuZoo, but they called me up two days ago and made me a 6 figure offer I couldn't refuse. :eek:

Excellent!!

Marlin
06/09/2009, 05:47 PM

SWEET, we can have our own meets, and window fixing parties and make everyone out west jealous about our close location and fantastic trails........We can caravan down to Ocala , FL, and you can go up to Uwharrie, NC. Are you gonna be here by Oct? The fall meet is 22OCT-26OCT. They call it Hallowharrie. As long as my surgery is either way before it, or after it, I will be going, gotta show off the bumper project.:bgwb:

tomdietrying
06/09/2009, 06:15 PM
Crager34,
Congratulations on your promotion! :clap:

Does this mean you won't be coming to next year ZuZu or you will be coming with Marlin?

Peace.
Tom

crager34
06/09/2009, 08:03 PM
Report to work on 6-29-09, so I will be there. ZuZoo 10 I am not sure about. Maybe I will just fly out and rent a JEEP so I can hang with everyone. :p

tom4bren
06/10/2009, 04:31 AM
Crager,

Grats on the job.

Maybe we need to have a Gov't meet. I'm DoD not DoE but don't hold that against me. We'll even slum a little and invite some grunts or squids (sorry Marlin - couldn't resist).

Marlin mentioned some really nice Gov't cabins down in his area. It's been a few years since I've been to the Charleston or Savannah area, it'd be nice to visit.

This summer may be hard to make happen but we could shoot for next spring or summer.

Tom

handeeman
06/10/2009, 06:19 AM
Crager,

Grats on the job.

Maybe we need to have a Gov't meet. I'm DoD not DoE but don't hold that against me. We'll even slum a little and invite some grunts or squids (sorry Marlin - couldn't resist).

Marlin mentioned some really nice Gov't cabins down in his area. It's been a few years since I've been to the Charleston or Savannah area, it'd be nice to visit.

This summer may be hard to make happen but we could shoot for next spring or summer.

Tom

Haven't been to Savannah in years, but I remember it was beauitful. signed: "GRUNT"

vt_maverick
06/10/2009, 06:51 AM
I'm just a slimy DoD contractor; would I still be allowed in? ;)

tom4bren
06/10/2009, 07:00 AM
signed: "GRUNT"

handee-u-da-man:)

BTW, I know that the term grunt has negative connotations but since I've spent the past 26 years building equipment for our 'defenders of freedom', I actually use it as a term of respect. I have the utmost admiration for our men and women in uniform.

VT

Slimy Contractors are only allowed if sponsored by one of the elite. Yer good people tho, so I'll sponsor you.

Tom

Ldub
06/10/2009, 07:07 AM
:luck:

vt_maverick
06/10/2009, 07:13 AM
Eh, I was government once too so I'm not all bad. If they paid more I'd love to go back. Sigh...

tom4bren
06/10/2009, 07:34 AM
$$$ is no excuse to lower yourself to being a slimy contractor - wherz yer pride.

MSHardeman
06/10/2009, 08:11 AM
Congrats Darrin. I've never been to NC but I hear it's a beautiful area of the country. I'm sure you'll have a great time out there, but your move is going to make it really tough for us to meet up and go skiing in Aspen.:grinb:

Marlin
06/10/2009, 09:21 AM
Crager,

Grats on the job.

Tom

Its all good, I am used to it...
Let me know if anyone wants to come down and I can do the footwork for the cabins or there is a nice campground on the Naval Weapon's Station as well.

crager34
06/10/2009, 09:36 AM
This go around I am a DOE contractor, but have been on DOD, USACE, and AFCEE jobs. I get around I guess.

Thanks for the kinds words and looking forward to being closer to the little lady in Cincinnati... now maybe I will get kissed a bit more often.

tom4bren
06/10/2009, 10:46 AM
"now maybe I will get kissed a bit more often"

I have no response to that.

pbkid
06/10/2009, 04:29 PM
darrin-
congrats!!!

great news that they offered you such a good paying position in this economy!

good luck buddy!