PDA

View Full Version : Possible Find!!! OEM roof racks in BOX

grantCO
06/09/2009, 02:40 PM
Thats right i am still waiting to hear 100% back but I think I may have found 4 complete OEM roof racks in BOX! The price shipped should be 300.00 or less per rack. This will include all mounting hardware, 4 towers, and the two crossbars all NEW IN BOX. Let me know if you have any questions for me or want to buy one. If there is people wanting to buy them I will list them in the for sale section. Just using this to get the word out to the forum.

I need some basic stats from current owners of FACTORY racks:

- OEM cross bar width
- Yakima part number or name of the towers used on OEM racks.

The info I have on the racks I located is

-48" or 52" width bars
- Wing Rider 1 towers with VX hardware ( Yakima has confirmed with me that the wing rider one towers were sold and used on the VX but are no longer made)

circmand
06/09/2009, 03:03 PM
or are these the racks that mount to the crossbars?

grantCO
06/09/2009, 03:08 PM
or are these the racks that mount to the crossbars?

This is the complete factory roof rack with all four towers and the two crossbars

circmand
06/09/2009, 03:27 PM
I was looking for a basket

CrnCnn
06/09/2009, 03:44 PM
That would be a great find if so.

blacksambo
06/09/2009, 03:50 PM
Thats right i am still waiting to hear 100% back but I think I may have found 4 complete OEM roof racks in BOX! The price shipped should be 300.00 or less per rack. This will include all mounting hardware, 4 towers, and the two crossbars all NEW IN BOX. Let me know if you have any questions for me or want to buy one. If there is people wanting to buy them I will list them in the for sale section. Just using this to get the word out to the forum.

- OEM cross bar width

-48" or 52" width bars
- Wing Rider 1 towers with VX hardware ( Yakima has confirmed with me that the wing rider one towers were sold and used on the VX but are no longer made)

I just measured my set and they are 38.5" OD from yakima tip to Yakima tip.
Hope this helps?

grantCO
06/09/2009, 06:05 PM
That would be a great find if so.

Maybe we could trade a full rack for the diff brackets

grantCO
06/09/2009, 06:07 PM
Thanks yes the bars are not the original Isuzu bars but are wing riders direct from a Yakima dealer with a lot of NOS in his shop that he is closing after twenty five years. The bars can be cut to fit or left any length up to 52"

TheGanzman
06/09/2009, 06:21 PM
Can you find out if he has any Yakima 3601 Mighty Mounts?

VX KAT
06/09/2009, 09:53 PM

- OEM cross bar width

-48" or 52" width bars

I have the original paperwork from the OEM roof rack called "Wing Style Roof Rack"
The OEM roof rack INCLUDED the 4 Yakima towers:
Isuzu Part Number: 2-90116-900-0

I also was recently able to pick up 6 of the original Mighty Mounts from another forum member. I haven't used them yet. If I ever figure out a way to get a modified Thule fairing (like Workmesiter's), then I'll need 4 of the Mighty Mounts.

VehiGAZ
06/10/2009, 06:42 AM
I have two sets of Mighty Mounts for the VX cross-bars (one horizontal, one veritcal) that I will be listing on eBay this weekend...

The horizontal ones are for attaching bike racks to the roof rack, the vertical ones are for ski & snowboard racks.

Stay tuned... I will post here when I list them on eBay.

CrnCnn
06/10/2009, 06:53 AM
Maybe we could trade a full rack for the diff brackets

I have a set of originals so it depends on what you end up with.

johnny010
06/10/2009, 08:23 AM
anyone have pics...i'm not following this

like a break down of all the parts necessary? i'd prefer just to thow the money out there and get an oem rack that just bolts on with no mods?

VX KAT
06/10/2009, 09:57 AM
I have two sets of Mighty Mounts for the VX cross-bars (one horizontal, one veritcal) that I will be listing on eBay this weekend...

The horizontal ones are for attaching bike racks to the roof rack, the vertical ones are for ski & snowboard racks.

Here's a pic of the my Mighty Mounts for BIKE. I believe they're horizontal based on what VehiGAZ says above.

Also included OEM roof rack installation instructions and part list & numbers.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/IMG_0656v2sm1.jpg

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/Isuzu_Roof_Rack.jpg
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/Isuzu_Roof_Rack-pg_2.jpg
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/Isuzu_Roof_Rack-pg_3.jpg
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/Isuzu_Roof_Rack-pg_4.jpg
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/Isuzu_Roof_Rack-pg_5.jpg

Moncha
06/10/2009, 12:45 PM
Here's a .PDF version of the instructions as well...

http://www.vehicross.info/modules.php?name=Downloads&file=viewarticle&id=3

handeeman
06/10/2009, 12:56 PM
I would be very interested in one. Sent PM let me know. Thank you.

VehiGAZ
06/10/2009, 01:04 PM
Here's a pic of the my Mighty Mounts for BIKE. I believe they're horizontal based on what VehiGAZ says above.

Also included OEM roof rack installation instructions and part list & numbers.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/IMG_0656v2sm1.jpg

Yup - those are the horizontal Mighty Mounts. I have a set of four of those, and a set of four vertical mounts to be listed on eBay.

These mounts (or Yakima's big, ugly, and prone-to-theft universal mounts) are needed to attach a ski/bike rack, fairing, or other accessory to the cross-bars.

johnny010
06/10/2009, 01:23 PM
count me in as interested

TheGanzman
06/10/2009, 01:36 PM
Yup - those are the horizontal Mighty Mounts. I have a set of four of those, and a set of four vertical mounts to be listed on eBay.

These mounts (or Yakima's big, ugly, and prone-to-theft universal mounts) are needed to attach a ski/bike rack, fairing, or other accessory to the cross-bars.

I'm all up IN those! Lemme know if you'll sell the lot "Pre-Ebay"...;)

grantCO
06/10/2009, 01:57 PM
Sorry for not getting back to everyone just yet I have two jobs that I work and have limited forum time.

The rack is the one in the pictured on page one in the instructions. All clips and hardware are dead on the same. Wing Rider 1 was just Yakima's name for the NON-Isuzu branded towers. I have two complete units ready to ship out asap for a rate of 300.00 shipped to the first two members that PM me or have PM'd me as of this posting

All I need is your shipping info and length you would like the bars to be cut to or if you want them left stock yakima length.

The guy I bought these from is checking on the mighty mounts and I will know asap.

pbkid
06/10/2009, 04:40 PM
grant-
good to see your still around... i figured you got rid of the VX since i havent seen you around here since i bought my OME's from you ;)

we should do some wheeling/camping soon.

VehiGAZ
06/10/2009, 04:46 PM
I'm all up IN those! Lemme know if you'll sell the lot "Pre-Ebay"...;)

Oops! Too late... I just listed them on eBay. Check the active threads for the listing links...

mikemol
06/10/2009, 11:18 PM
Am I too late for the roof racks? I'd like one set.

grantCO
06/11/2009, 05:13 AM
I am always down to go up in the hills with the VX let me know when and where and I will be there

nfpgasmask
06/11/2009, 10:28 AM

I have a set of those too. I don't think I will ever use them so...if anyone wants them, make me a generous offer. :D

Bart

grantCO
06/11/2009, 02:23 PM
Only one RACK left dont miss out. Thanks for all that pm'd me. Just trying to do my part and help the site.

grantCO
06/15/2009, 01:48 PM
all sold thanks for the amazing response!