PDA

View Full Version : PV Muffler Install

Pens
07/26/2003, 01:27 PM
I just picked up my Proton from the shop with it's new PV 2 Muffler and Monza Tip with Resonator and it sounds excellent. I think I scared the hell out of a corolla who wanted to drive 10mph under the speedlimit in the left lane. Serves her right! Anyway, it has a sweet throaty sound. To top it off, Mr. Muffler of Lincoln Park put them both on for $30 bucks, can't beat that!

SPAZZ
07/26/2003, 04:39 PM
nope...can't beat that...paid 60 to have mine welded on

kpaske
07/26/2003, 04:48 PM
Yeah, no kidding! Mine was welded on for $60 out the door.

Pens
07/26/2003, 05:36 PM
Yeah, I had to ask the guy twice if that was for everything and he said yep! Who am I to argue. I think I am going to see if they do 30,000 mile services since my dealer wants six hundred bucks, that should be a crime.

carabo
07/29/2003, 04:50 PM
Hey Pens I live in Lincoln Park! Got my PV done at Wearmaster in Lincoln park . Do you work in Dearborn I see a Proton on Michigan Ave.every now and then?

Pens
07/29/2003, 08:28 PM
Nope, I live downriver, in the Riverview/Trenton area but I get up that way once and awhile. I heard there is another Proton up there but I haven't seen it. I did see a red foxfire off of Rivard in Detroit yesterday, it is only the second VX I have seen in Michigan.

Does anyone have a pic of their PV mounted? Mine is mounted pretty low and on an angle. I am not sure I am too happy with that due to clearance and 4 wheeling problems.