PDA

View Full Version : Windshield in the UK...

alterastro
06/07/2009, 10:53 AM
My windshield has a crack, but I'm in the UK and think I might not be so lucky about getting it fixed quite so readily :(

Does anyone know about replacements in the uk or know if it is the same as used on something else, trooper for example?

Thanks

Nick

crotchrocket
06/07/2009, 11:10 AM
Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

alterastro
06/07/2009, 11:18 AM
Thanks James, that's very helpful :rolleyes::bwgr:

kirk hilton
06/07/2009, 01:38 PM
There is a green LPG VX just gone on sale on UK AutoTrader. The guy states in the advert that he's just had the windscreen replaced perhaps you could give him a ring. His number is 07890 672571.

Triathlete
06/07/2009, 02:06 PM
Here in the US I have never had an issue with getting a windshield for the VX. Just give your glass shop a call ahead of time in case they need to order it.

crotchrocket
06/08/2009, 01:12 AM
Thanks James, that's very helpful :rolleyes::bwgr:

hahahaha,

thats what happens when i try and use a blackberry for the internet, lol

What i said was, my screen was split when i looked at buying the VX and the garage got it replaced before i bought it, cost him £800 from Japan as you cant get them here. You can tell its JDM as it has a bronze tint, where uk cars have a blue tint. So could be an insurance job!

alanbradley
06/09/2009, 05:08 AM
hahahaha,

thats what happens when i try and use a blackberry for the internet, lol

What i said was, my screen was split when i looked at buying the VX and the garage got it replaced before i bought it, cost him £800 from Japan as you cant get them here. You can tell its JDM as it has a bronze tint, where uk cars have a blue tint. So could be an insurance job!

Definitely an insurance job. Mine got hit by a stone in November and it was February before a replacement arrived from Japan via Autoglass - by tthat time the inch-long crack went from A-pillar to A-pillar. Cost to me? £60 - cost to my insurance company? £860!!! My insurance suddenly paid for itself twice over...

The time it took is one of the reasons I decided to retire the VX from being my daily driver - what if it had been something more critical.

Good luck,

A

edit: its not the same as any UK model's screen, but the trim bits down either side are shared with the Vauxhall Brava pick-up and the Fronty.