PDA

View Full Version : JDM Fender mirror

mikemol
06/05/2009, 01:34 PM
Hi, I'm thinking of getting a fender mirror and I wonder if it's any practical for US vehicrosses. Since the driver would sit on the left side and not on the right side - what exactly would the driver be able to see in that mirror? Is it adjustable or once installed on US VX only the passenger would be able to see the blind spots?

Sprey
06/05/2009, 05:57 PM
Ill get some pics of mine if you want. sitting in my passenger seat aka left.

Personaly i dont even use it.

mikemol
06/05/2009, 08:44 PM
Ill get some pics of mine if you want. sitting in my passenger seat aka left.

Personaly i dont even use it.

Yes, please, that would be great.

What do people think of this mirror? Does it make a VX look better or it looks ugly? I can't make up my mind.

blacksambo
06/06/2009, 08:54 PM
I'd love to get a black original. Any ideas?
Thx

mikemol
06/08/2009, 08:14 PM
This may be of intrest to you...

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?threadid=15709

I don't really like those and I can get a fender mirror from a JDM VX for about $80

johnnyapollo
06/09/2009, 02:36 AM
There are no practical applications for the JDM mirror for a LHD vehicle. The mirror is required on the Japanese market so the driver can see the curb while parallel parking (it points down!).

I used to love the stock fender mirrors on my Bugeye Sprite - once you get used to them you'll wonder how you ever got by without - of course with stock fender mirrors there aren't any on the doors.

-- John

alterastro
06/09/2009, 05:46 AM
They are not specific to the vx, but have a look at this:

http://www.pajeroaccessories.co.uk/accessories_front.html

Scroll down and you will see drivers side mirrors (US passenger side) in both black and black and chrome for about $10. They are not Pajero specific and will fit to any flatish surface. I have a pair myself.

I'm not sure if they ship abroad, but if not I'll happily buy and ship to you if you can pay me by paypal.

Nick

khoipong
03/05/2011, 03:04 PM
hey guys I kinda like the ones on pajeros website. for $10.00 but they dont ship to the us anyone willing to do me a favor and purchase them for me if I send the funds via paypal? Unless someone knows where I can get a real jdm one or order one from a american website? Thanks

jdm monkey
03/05/2011, 10:01 PM
http://livauto.net/shop/product.php?id_product=45

VX KAT
03/05/2011, 10:52 PM
http://livauto.net/shop/product.php?id_product=45
Wow, don't recall you ever showing these before jdm monkey...or where have I been?
They're not OEM right?

jdm monkey
03/06/2011, 05:30 AM
Yeah Kat its been a while. I have 2 chrome sets left.

Sprey
03/09/2011, 12:20 AM
IIRC the same one the vx use is on Honda Crvs

whitebreadx
05/17/2012, 01:06 PM
does any body still have any mirrors that i could buy?

jn
05/17/2012, 04:25 PM
This is pretty neat - I always wondered what that little mirror was for... Does anyone have a pair of the chrome side mirror covers for sale? It seems like they are pretty hard to come by. I would love to get a set of these.

evillecutter
05/18/2012, 07:06 AM
i have one of those mirrors that goes on the back of a mail jeep maybe that would work

whitebreadx
05/18/2012, 07:37 AM
where would you even mount it on the VX?

whitebreadx
05/18/2012, 08:04 AM
can anyone sell me the fender mirror if they have an extra one by chance or if you are not using it?

VX KAT
05/19/2012, 10:07 PM
can anyone sell me the fender mirror if they have an extra one by chance or if you are not using it?

That JDM accessory is rarer than rare....I think only 2-3 US owners have them. (Johnnyapollo and Mile High VX come to mind)

whitebreadx
05/19/2012, 10:12 PM
oh really damn lol actually i was parked next to a 70's corvett and it seems like its side mirrors looked a lot like the fender mirror so i think i might look in to that kid of thing.

blacksambo
05/22/2012, 08:24 PM
Don't cut up your nice hand-assembled car unless you can do it right.

SlowPro48
05/23/2012, 07:59 AM
I would highly recommend you duct tape those things on temporarily and drive around for a few days before drilling the holes. Fender mirrors are aggrevating enough during the day but on a curvy road at night with another car following you they're downright dangerous.

dlchdlch
05/24/2012, 07:52 AM
My VX is a RHD model. A JDM. it has that fender mirror.

My experience: It helps checking blind spots during off-roading. Just to save the car from falling off down the cliff...from the left side. Another function is that the driver can always check it (the mirror will show the left tyres and the white-line paint on raod) during driving to make sure the left wheel is not crossing the next lane (esp on highly compact cities like Tokyo and Hongkong where roads are narrow traffic is busy). Pretty helpful. In Japan, it is almost a standard (not option) equipment on all new models of offroad cars. The little mirror really furnishes both the function and style aspect of offroading.

Funny is, that little device is rarely since on most of the LHD models of Offroad cars, not just VX. I think it is some vehicle/transport regulations/laws to stop those makes from providing this device.