PDA

View Full Version : Update on VX with Axiom Engine

iamironman
06/04/2009, 12:29 PM
Sorry ladies and gentlemen, been REAL busy with projects and have lost track of my VX info updates...

As far as oil consumption problem: gone, I have changed the oil twice since the engine swap and it uses/consumes no oil as far as I can tell.(went to El Paso twice in the last 3 months).
Milage is the same as it was with the VX engine in... approx. 18-20mpg highway, I'd say 14-15mpg city driving.

Still feels faster and more responsive overall. Runs great.

Couldn't make it to Moab this year. Maybe next year. I know there was an Austin meet recently, I'm going to be in Austin sometime in the next couple weeks, let me know if a mini meet is plausible...

Any other specific questions anyone has about this engine swap, let me know.

Rolling hard and strong in Ruthless (my VX's name).

Gussie2000
06/04/2009, 07:29 PM
That is excelent news though.

Did you documented all the info about the swap ?

If not you better go ahead & do it,when this economy comes back from the dark side of the force probably few members would look hard into doing this swap

djvx
06/04/2009, 09:29 PM
please document the tech info for us if you can, I know it was a pre may 02 axiom motor only, but any extra help would be super aprecciated.

iamironman
06/05/2009, 01:13 AM
That is excelent news though.

Did you documented all the info about the swap ?

If not you better go ahead & do it,when this economy comes back from the dark side of the force probably few members would look hard into doing this swap

please document the tech info for us if you can, I know it was a pre may 02 axiom motor only, but any extra help would be super aprecciated.

ummm.. going to need some parameters on what info you want... because other than what I put in this thread:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=15156

I don't really know what else to say about it... I thought it was pretty thoroghly covered layman-wise (if that's a word... it ain't... lol)

I can get real technical with the inner workings of a computer... or how a wheelchair motor or controller works... but unless people want to ask specifics about the engine swap that I can relate with the experiance of observing what went on, I didn't do too much hands on stuff except to guide the mech on the info I've gleened from here and other sources on the net as to what would work and what might not.

Give me a list of specifics you would want to know and I'll do my best to document it all out.

Gussie2000
06/05/2009, 04:28 AM
ummm.. going to need some parameters on what info you want... because other than what I put in this thread:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=15156

I don't really know what else to say about it... I thought it was pretty thoroghly covered layman-wise (if that's a word... it ain't... lol)

I can get real technical with the inner workings of a computer... or how a wheelchair motor or controller works... but unless people want to ask specifics about the engine swap that I can relate with the experiance of observing what went on, I didn't do too much hands on stuff except to guide the mech on the info I've gleened from here and other sources on the net as to what would work and what might not.

Give me a list of specifics you would want to know and I'll do my best to document it all out.

Ok,that's fair enough ! :)

Thank you !

Some pics of the engine bay would be awesome too

Ldub
06/05/2009, 04:33 AM
Some pics of the engine bay would be awesome too

Should look identical...IIRC he had to re-use the old intake, to resolve the ECU incompatibility issue...:_wrench: