PDA

View Full Version : Error Codes

alterastro
05/31/2009, 03:55 PM
Hi guys...

I've just bought a ScanGauge 2 (thanks CrotchRocket!) and I have a couple of error codes! They are 1392 and 1393. According the the list on here they mean G voltage High and G voltage Low. Can anyone translate and possibly tell me if I should be worried?

Thanks

Nick

alterastro
06/10/2009, 09:58 AM
Bump!

No one?!? :(

nfpgasmask
06/10/2009, 10:03 AM
What does the "G" stand for?

Never heard of that code...

Bart

kirk hilton
06/10/2009, 10:20 AM
Hiya,

I think the "G" stands for "Gravity". I believe there is a gravity rollover sensor (as Isuzu call it). I think it's there to cut fuel if the VX turns over. Perhaps someone can confirm my suspicions. There again I could be completely wrong. Try goggling it

Kirk

kirk hilton
06/10/2009, 10:36 AM
I've looked further into these codes (P1392/93). I suspect my last post was a scarlet kipper. Jag and Ford and poss others indicate that it is something to do with the ECM/VVT and the glow plugs or Gap (which doesn't make sense when talking about the VX). Have you tried clearing the codes with the SG2 and then do the codes return?

Kirk

PS I also found this on the web.....

"I have a 1997 isuzu trooper automatic .6 cyl. and i have been trying to get it inspected for months now and it comes up with the code p1392 "random misfire"the first mechanic told me to go change my spark plugs so i did then i took it to someone elts they said change fuil fillter i did,then still didt clear it up so the said coil packs so i changes 3 of them that looked a little rugged then they said change my mapping sensor so i did that aswell..i called isuzu dealer
3 hours away said they couldt help me .no one can figure out what it meens it comes up as a g senser but mine not being a deisel so it doest have a glow plug or a gsencer they said..so im lost ..please help this woman is seariouse distress.."

Answer
"Hello,You may have an o2 sensor that is causing a problem.The sensors function is to read exhaust gases before convertor so the computer can run injection system rich or lean.If it runs a little rich it can misfire one or more plugs and wont pass emissions test.Thanks for your question.Roger"

alterastro
06/10/2009, 11:39 AM
Cheers Kirk

Yes I did clear them but they came straight back. :confused:

Nick

Kenny
06/10/2009, 11:46 AM
The G Sensor is located under the center arm rest behind the E-brake between the seat backs.

Check your connections.

"
G-Sensor
The G-sensor installed inside the center console detects the vehicle deceleration speed and sends a signal to the EHCU. In 4WD operation, all four wheels may be decelerated in almost the same phase, since all wheels are connected mechanically.

This tendency is noticeable particularly on roads with low friction coefficient, and the ABS control is adversely affected.

The G-sensor judges whether the friction coefficient of road surface is low or high, and changes the EHCU’s operating system to ensure ABS control.
"