Ldub
05/29/2009, 10:41 PM
I'll start it off with...

Space food sticks

Then came Bronson

Hodaka motorcycles (Combat Wombat?)

Ldub
05/29/2009, 10:46 PM
Also, Harley Davidson's only attempt at a dirt bike...the Baja, truly awful.

Wheelin' buddy Jim had one back in the day, might splain a few things...:laughgray

Ldub
05/29/2009, 10:54 PM
When boy scouts turned to "weblos"....uhhhh, yeah, you go ahead wit that, I'll be seein' ya...:rolleyesg

Jolly Roger VX'er
05/29/2009, 11:05 PM
Hodaka motorcycles (Combat Wombat?)

My best friend during early high school (like 7th or 8th grade IIRC) got his pant leg caught in the chain & sprocket of his Hodaka dirt bike (don't remember model name) and I had to learn how to extractimicate someone from a tricky situation as he sorta had the bike on him...sorta.

weird stuff:

1) pet rocks :rolleyes: we were easily entertained!!
1.5) Space (POP) Rocks candy..urban legend has it that Mikey (Life Cereal commercials) died eat'in soda & Space Rocks!
1.75)Lincoln Logs...Tinker Toys....Erector Sets...
2) sea monkeys :rolleyes::rolleyes: they didn't look anything like the caricatures on the box!
2.5) etch 'o' sketch.....look ma...I made a staircase!
2.75) Silly Putty, Play Dough & Slime BABY!!!!
3) buddies AMC Gremlin & my Aunt's AMC Pacer :eek:
4) movie "Deliverance" @ the drive-in...me (6 years old) in backseat...Mom & Dad up front...Mom with hands over my eyes screaming "don't look!"...me hearing some guy squealing like a peeg wondering what the heck is Mom soooo upset about???? :p
5)disco...disco dying...disco dead...in like 6 months...:p
6)urban cowboy movie creates fad....fad dies in like 6 months...Lotta Mechanical Bull :p
7)Six Million Dollar Man...he's super fast but runs in slow motion :_wtf:
8)Bell-Bottom Jeans
9)magic 8 ball.....ASK AGAIN LATER....YES....MAYBE....
10)Pre-Windows edition 'puters using BASIC w/cassette tape storage...Tandy (Radio Shack); Coleco ADAM; Texas Instruments TRS-80/ TI-99; Commodore 64; Apple IIe

don moore
05/29/2009, 11:10 PM
BULLTACO motorcycle.......and rainbow stickers to put in your back window of your car ..for peace not for gaypride.....and the funny filters made of plastic for the cigarettes to cut back the tar....so they would be good for you..and when COLOR tv shows came out the shows would say IN COLOR on the title screen ...

JoFotoz
05/29/2009, 11:24 PM
THE WHO......
...seven concerts in two years.....:dance:

Losing an ounce (!!??) at a WHO CONCERT....:_brickwal

Dry Humping an unknown hottie..at a WHO Concert....:clap:

Puking in my parents VW Van...After a WHO CONCERT....:thumbdn:

Mom...giving me my old WHO CONCERT posters for Xmas two years ago ( yup..she saved 'em!!)...:thanx:

jo

PS..Yup..Huge Flares ...an Afgan Coat...and My own Roger Daltry Perm....

....Man I rocked!....:eek:

don moore
05/29/2009, 11:30 PM
i went to a B.O.C. concert in germany while i was in the Army..funny thing ..I dont remember much about it ........:cool:

Ldub
05/30/2009, 12:07 AM
BULLTACO motorcycle.......and rainbow stickers to put in your back window of your car ..for peace not for gaypride.....and the funny filters made of plastic for the cigarettes to cut back the tar....so they would be good for you..and when COLOR tv shows came out the shows would say IN COLOR on the title screen ...

SWEET...I had a Bultaco 250 Pursang towards the end of my mis-spent yout...that thing hauled rocks...:dance:
Also, Wyld Weasel is into Bultacos, though her tastes run more towards the street.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/blusang.jpg
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/cemoto.jpg

And yes, I remember the first 4-5 years of TV viewership, were in black & white...3 1/2 channels...I count PBS as 1/2.
THEN the world changed, the first time I saw "In Living Color"...in actual color, instead of differing shades of gray...;)

THE WHO......
...seven concerts in two years.....:dance:

Losing an ounce (!!??) at a WHO CONCERT....:_brickwal

Dry Humping an unknown hottie..at a WHO Concert....:clap:

Puking in my parents VW Van...After a WHO CONCERT....:thumbdn:

Mom...giving me my old WHO CONCERT posters for Xmas two years ago ( yup..she saved 'em!!)...:thanx:

jo

....Man I rocked!....:eek:

You STILL rock Brojo...:thumbup:

Some of my favorite fuzzy memories are from a WHO concert I saw in the 80's...yeah, Moon was gone by then, but still a good show.

Also, PINK FLOYD, delicate sound of thunder tour in 94?...:cool:

[quoteJo] "my own Roger Daltry perm" [quote]

LOL...what'd you do before you got your own...RENT?

Ldub
05/30/2009, 12:11 AM
My best friend during early high school (like 7th or 8th grade IIRC) got his pant leg caught in the chain & sprocket of his Hodaka dirt bike (don't remember model name) and I had to learn how to extractimicate someone from a tricky situation as he sorta had the bike on him...sorta.

weird stuff:

1) pet rocks :rolleyes: we were easily entertained!!
1.5) Space Rocks candy..urban legend has it that Mikey (Life Cereal commercials) died eat'in soda & Space Rocks!
2) sea monkeys :rolleyes::rolleyes: they didn't look anything like the caricatures on the box!
2.5) etch 'o' sketch.....look ma...I made a staircase!
2.75) Silly Putty, Play Dough & Slime BABY!!!!
3) buddies AMC Gremlin & my Aunt's AMC Pacer :eek:
4) movie "Deliverance" @ the drive-in...me (6 years old) in backseat...Mom & Dad up front...Mom with hands over my eyes screaming "don't look!"...me hearing some guy squealing like a peeg wondering what the heck is Mom soooo upset about???? :p
5)disco...disco dying...disco dead...in like 6 months...:p
6)urban cowboy movie creates fad....fad dies in like 6 months...:p
7)Six Million Dollar Man...he's super fast but runs in slow motion :_wtf:
8)Bell-Bottom Jeans

LOL...MY aunt had a Pacer too.

I thought disco lasted for decades, musta just SEEMED like ten years in a row...:sighwgray

And speaking of etch-a-sketch...

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/2278486410_37fa1801b7.jpg

SomeBeach
05/30/2009, 05:23 AM
Kids today are such wimps. We had the original Lawn Darts. And it didn't take long for us to realize how much more fun they were if we threw them at each other. Then we had the little hand guns that shot silver balls that were filled with chalk. They would break the skin. And caps. We would take a whole roll and hit em with a hammer....what a bang. And Creepy Crawlers had real burners that got to 300 degrees...fun. And the bow and arrow sets with the suction cup.....it was so fun to play cowboys and indians and get to be an indian. In fact it was very popular for a young boy to be "part indian". We would sneek up behind the cowboy and blast him in the back of the neck with the arrow....kids today.
I'm just saying

Ldub
05/30/2009, 05:31 AM
Kids today are such wimps. We had the original Lawn Darts. And it didn't take long for us to realize how much more fun they were if we threw them at each other. Then we had the little hand guns that shot silver balls that were filled with chalk. They would break the skin. And caps. We would take a whole roll and hit em with a hammer....what a bang. And Creepy Crawlers had real burners that got to 300 degrees...fun. And the bow and arrow sets with the suction cup.....it was so fun to play cowboys and indians and get to be an indian. In fact it was very popular for a young boy to be "part indian". We would sneek up behind the cowboy and blast him in the back of the neck with the arrow....kids today.
I'm just saying

LOL...you grew up in my neighborhood...:thumbup:

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/05OGR.jpg

SomeBeach
05/30/2009, 05:40 AM
And remember croquet? What a sissy came of hitting solid wood balls. Now to spice the game up we would swing like we were golfing and BAM right in the ankle. The other player went down and I was the winner. As far as candy, remember when Sweetarts made the bid candy the size of a yoyo? Man those things made my tongue bleed. And how about the click clacks. The two solid plastic balls on a string. You clicked them together until they hit at the top and bottom. Then they would either explode or bust your wrist. Come on toy makers....bring back the good toys.

Ldub
05/30/2009, 05:52 AM
And remember croquet? What a sissy came of hitting solid wood balls. Now to spice the game up we would swing like we were golfing and BAM right in the ankle. The other player went down and I was the winner. As far as candy, remember when Sweetarts made the bid candy the size of a yoyo? Man those things made my tongue bleed. And how about the click clacks. The two solid plastic balls on a string. You clicked them together until they hit at the top and bottom. Then they would either explode or bust your wrist. Come on toy makers....bring back the good toys.

I'd totally forgotten about click clacks (took years of therapy...:laughgray ) wow, now THAT was a toy!

Crossman pellet guns, M-80's Cherry Bombs, Silver Salutes...these are a few of my favorite things...:smilewink

snowtrooper1966
05/30/2009, 07:53 AM
Damn, Lbud, that's just spooky!
I was trying to drscribe those to the little lady the other day...
Kind of the consistincy of an old Three Musketeers bar (inside)
I can still taste those Pillsbury space food sticks....
I bet if you could find a box, they would still be edible.
Don't forget to wash it down with a nice glass of Tang!
Best,

snowtrooper1966
05/30/2009, 07:56 AM
Standing in line all day to see this new movie premire. Something about a War in the Stars...

nfpgasmask
05/30/2009, 08:01 AM
Anyone remember Gatorgum?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_vvwn8rdBe3I/SQi9P-dd_bI/AAAAAAAABlU/I8u_nnMZo8o/s400/Gatorgum.jpg

I miss that stuff...and Chocolate Hubba Bubba.

Bart

PS - LDub, I'd start it, but since you're on a roll, how about a thread containing pictures of US, then and now. I would love to see a 12 year old Ldub photo.... :)

snowtrooper1966
05/30/2009, 08:16 AM
Incredible Edibles
GI Joe w/Kung Fu grip
Micronauts

snowtrooper1966
05/30/2009, 08:21 AM
Nice Bart!
Gator gum, a pothead's best friend....

A toy Bart can appreciate, ROM: Spaceknight (scourge of the Dire Wraiths)

x2 for a "then and now pix thread"!

handeeman
05/30/2009, 09:05 AM
"Fanner-fifty" toy pistols by Mattel, Schwin "Black Phantom" bicycle, Cushman "Super Eagle" motor scooter. I remember when the New Car Dealer would cover his show room windows so you couldn't see the new model cars before the intro date, and the best customers were shown the cars by invitation only. The women wore formals and the men wore tux's. TV shows taught values not the cr...p on TV today. Shows like "Leave it to Beaver", "Father Knows Best", "The Rifleman", "Howdy Dougie" oops something like that. Movie heros were John Wayne, Gene Autry, Gary Cooper etc. However I will say if you remember the 60's "you were'nt there."

SomeBeach
05/30/2009, 09:38 AM
I remember when seatbelts were for looks. We would all cram in the front seat while a parent drove. The dash boards were heavy steel...no padding. Parents would go into a store and leave us in the car with the cigarette lighter. It would be 95 degrees and we stayed in the car in the hot parking lot. We didn't have AC in car or at home. Only 3 channels on the TV and no remote. And forget about sunblock. We knew when we went to the beach we were going to be burnt up. And we were given jawbreakers and hard candy but never choked. And best of all the pet stores sold baby alligators. And the music, you could understand the words and the tunes are still around today. And to see a man accidently use profanity in front of a woman, he would turn red nd apologize like crazy. Where have all the good times gone???

don moore
05/30/2009, 10:57 AM
tv with no remote...lol.. i remember when we got our fist Curtis Mathes tv with remote.... it had big buttons that when pushed ..it would make a pinging sound ..each button would make a slightly diff. sound ...to change things...it had on-off chanel up-down and volume up-down.... and when dad would wiggly his key chain the tv would turn on or off...lol

Ldub
05/30/2009, 12:10 PM
Anyone remember Gatorgum?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_vvwn8rdBe3I/SQi9P-dd_bI/AAAAAAAABlU/I8u_nnMZo8o/s400/Gatorgum.jpg

I miss that stuff...and Chocolate Hubba Bubba.

Bart

PS - LDub, I'd start it, but since you're on a roll, how about a thread containing pictures of US, then and now. I would love to see a 12 year old Ldub photo.... :)

A twelve year old Ldub photo?...that'd be me when I was forty.
Pretty much the same, sans wrinkles & gut...:_confused
Yeh, I know what you meant...like I said before, You first...:smilewink

Scott Harness
05/30/2009, 12:20 PM
Getting a REAL gun when you turn 12:yes:(this might be a southern thing)
Cards in your spokes
Drive-in movies
Drive-in movie sex:bgwp:
Sex without protection:cool:
Nascar was actually STOCK car racing
James Bond got ***** Galore and Dr.Goodhead
My Mom telling me to go play in traffic!
Playing in traffic and abandoned buildings and wells(Bart and I still like to do this)
Too many good times to list

Ldub
05/30/2009, 12:24 PM
"Fanner-fifty" toy pistols by Mattel, Schwin "Black Phantom" bicycle, Cushman "Super Eagle" motor scooter. I remember when the New Car Dealer would cover his show room windows so you couldn't see the new model cars before the intro date, and the best customers were shown the cars by invitation only. The women wore formals and the men wore tux's. TV shows taught values not the cr...p on TV today. Shows like "Leave it to Beaver", "Father Knows Best", "The Rifleman", "Howdy Dougie" oops something like that. Movie heros were John Wayne, Gene Autry, Gary Cooper etc. However I will say if you remember the 60's "you were'nt there."

DUDE...you ain't gonna believe this, but I STILL have my "Fanner 50's".
They no longer have the crappy plastic handles, but the rest is ALL there...well, except for the cheap plastic holsters...:rolleyesg

Schwinn Orange Peeler was the object of my desire, never got one, but that rat bastard neighbor kid did...:upsetgray (1/4 mile away was "next door")

And the RIFLEMAN?...values?...you bet!

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/01_RIFLEMAN_WOOD.gif

Just watched ElDorado the other night...not a Caddy in sight, but Jimmy Caan sure looked young.

Oh, in closing, I'd like to ask, what were these "sixties" you keep talking about?...:_confused

Scott Harness
05/30/2009, 12:26 PM
No computers
Computers that didn't block out words you could say on tv;)

Ldub
05/30/2009, 12:35 PM
I remember when seatbelts were for looks. We would all cram in the front seat while a parent drove. The dash boards were heavy steel...no padding. Parents would go into a store and leave us in the car with the cigarette lighter. It would be 95 degrees and we stayed in the car in the hot parking lot. We didn't have AC in car or at home. Only 3 channels on the TV and no remote. And forget about sunblock. We knew when we went to the beach we were going to be burnt up. And we were given jawbreakers and hard candy but never choked. And best of all the pet stores sold baby alligators. And the music, you could understand the words and the tunes are still around today. And to see a man accidently use profanity in front of a woman, he would turn red nd apologize like crazy. Where have all the good times gone???

And have you ever noticed?...not ONE of the kids you grew up with had allergies! We got to play in real dirt, & eat crickets & chicken poop.
The whole freakin' world wasn't "sanitized for your protection" before we could get our grubby little paws around it.
And school was a six mile walk, up hill, both ways, in a blizzard if it was after Oct 28...:rolleyes:

Damn straight I miss the good ol' days, but I wouldn't go back if I could, I'm having too much fun NOW!

And I still apologize to a lady for profanity, if the situation warrants...that's just good manners...:smilewink

handeeman
05/30/2009, 12:38 PM
"Ldub" or excuse me "Ldud" (as Dougie/SomeBeach) referred to you. I can't believe you've still got those guns. In Okla. we were able to get real leather holsters for ours. They looked real. LMAO "Not a caddy in sight" in the movie ElDorado. Yep, I've read a lot about the "60's" and strangest thing, a lot of what they talk about, I've dreamed. It's like DejaVu all over again.

kodiak
05/30/2009, 12:48 PM
Freedom!

Oh, and my Commodore 2001 PET.
http://images.pcworld.com/reviews/graphics/139100-commodore2001pet.jpg

Ldub
05/30/2009, 12:49 PM
Getting a REAL gun when you turn 12:yes:(this might be a southern thing)
Cards in your spokes
Drive-in movies
Drive-in movie sex:bgwp:
Sex without protection:cool:
Nascar was actually STOCK car racing
James Bond got ***** Galore and Dr.Goodhead
My Mom telling me to go play in traffic!
Playing in traffic and abandoned buildings and wells(Bart and I still like to do this)
Too many good times to list

Oh HELL yeah!...I was taught to shoot straight when I was 7-8 yrs. old. Had free reign of the gun cabinet (not safe, as in, NO-ONE would dare try steal your guns, cuz they knew if they broke in, they'd have a one way trip back to town, with a sheet over their face), by the time I was 12-13.

My Mom told us to go out & "stink off!", so, depending on season, we'd go down to the river & catch crawdads & water beetles, or build snow forts if it was the other season.

don moore
05/30/2009, 12:52 PM
i still have my winchester 22 my dad gave me back in the day......

Scott Harness
05/30/2009, 12:54 PM
Yes! I was shooting before 12,just got my OWN gun when I was 12:cool:

kodiak
05/30/2009, 12:58 PM
I miss my old 10/22 Ruger.:(

handeeman
05/30/2009, 01:12 PM
You guy's got me missing my old guns too. Sometimes I even miss my ole M-60. Usually it's when some of our Fl. drivers forget common courtesy. Been thinkin about my 1st mod being a sunroof and tripod. J/k Didn't mean to hijack the thread. I'll go put this under Mods.

Ldub
05/30/2009, 01:19 PM

Oh do I hear THAT!...:thumbup:
I learnt to drive in several vehicles (the first being a 47 Chev grain truck...4 on the floor with a three speed brownie OD, learned to double clutch before I found out about synchromesh), ALL with a metal dash.
The first car I owned, had seat belts, but I wasn't wearing them the night I rolled it on a perfectly straight road, in excess of 90 mph, snapped all four ET IV's off at the lugs...:sighwgray
Went to work the next day with a few scratches on my back.

There was a pet store on the way home from church/sunday school, & Mom would usually give in to our begging & stop for a while. (I'm sure the owners just LOVED seeing us coming, since we couldn't afford to actually buy anything)

They had the NASTIEST chimpanzee in there...just completely "CAGE RAGE" (peta hadn't been invented yet)
We would dare each other to get closer to his cage, (OK, Mom didn't play that) & he'd invariably either spit water at us, or try & pee on us...can't imagine why nobody ever bought the filthy little bugger...:_confused

DAMN, I'm enjoying this WAY too much, but I've gotta get my beauty sleep...:rolleyesg

See y'all round midnight...central time zone...:naughty:

Ldub
05/30/2009, 01:23 PM
You guy's got me missing my old guns too. Sometimes I even miss my ol M-60. Usually it's when some of our Fl. drivers forget common courtesy. Been thinkin about my 1st mod being a sunroof and tripod. J/k Didn't mean to hijack the thread. I'll go put this under Mods.

There is NO such thing as a jacked thread in Dubworld...it just flows...:thumbup:

SomeBeach
05/30/2009, 02:22 PM
Did I say Ldud??? not intentional. Well I am very dissapointed that computers take longer to start up than a 19" 60s Zenith TV. I will never get over disco dying. I mean it was the perfect music. Thank goodness I have every disco song.
What gets me is how we GUARD our children from violence yet our generation grew up on violence. All the nursery rhymes were violent. The three blind mice were cut up, when the cradle rocked the bough broke causing a baby to fall from a tree, Humpty Dumpty got busted up, London Bridge fell (imagine the cost), and that poor itsy bitsy spider.
Then the cartoons were rabbits shooting and blowing up people and other animals. And no one knew what an anvil was used for. I thought it was made for dropping on heads. How many times can a cayote be hit by bus or train.
I'm just sayn

handeeman
05/30/2009, 02:42 PM
Did I say Ldud??? not intentional. Well I am very dissapointed that computers take longer to start up than a 19" 60s Zenith TV. I will never get over disco dying. I mean it was the perfect music. Thank goodness I have every disco song.
What gets me is how we GUARD our children from violence yet our generation grew up on violence. All the nursery rhymes were violent. The three blind mice were cut up, when the cradle rocked the bough broke causing a baby to fall from a tree, Humpty Dumpty got busted up, London Bridge fell (imagine the cost), and that poor itsy bitsy spider.
Then the cartoons were rabbits shooting and blowing up people and other animals. And no one knew what an anvil was used for. I thought it was made for dropping on heads. How many times can a cayote be hit by bus or train.
I'm just sayn
Yes SomeBeach/Dougie you did say Ldud in a past post. I kindda like it and everyone knew immediately who you were referring to. I do think from some of the stories I've heard, "Ldud" has been appropriate in the past. Especially after no sleep and several "Moonkees". Speaking of which, I may get to try my 1st "Moonkee" tonight.( I asked the wifey to pick up the stuff to make them). So If ya'll don't hear from me for a few days you'll understand. I am a rookie.

PittVXr
05/30/2009, 04:51 PM
I'd have to say my favorite memory is going to the movie theater and not having a bunch of Jack-Aces talking/texting on their cell phones. Well, that and racing home from school to watch G.I. Joe and Transformer cartoons. Then going outside and playing with said G.I. Joe and Transformer action figures. Who says those were just half hour long commercials???:rolleyes:

don moore
05/30/2009, 05:08 PM
going out with our bb guns and playing army man ..the USA verses the gerrys or japs or RUSSIA.and everyone could see us ..and it was ok.. to play in the fields or around the houses playing in makeshift army clothes...the rules were dont shoot above the chest....and nobody freeked out ...or said we were wrong or that we would grow up being psycos...lol but I do own a VX..hmmmm

nfpgasmask
05/30/2009, 08:43 PM
I miss my old 10/22 Ruger.:(

I just got one of those a few months ago! Love it!

Bart

nfpgasmask
05/30/2009, 08:49 PM
Freedom!

Oh, and my Commodore 2001 PET.
http://images.pcworld.com/reviews/graphics/139100-commodore2001pet.jpg

Nice! But did you have one of these?

http://www.thegameconsole.com/vectrex.jpg

The Vectrex really was awesome in it's day!

I should dig out all my old toy guns. I still have a bunch stored with all my other old toys. I remember the day when you could go in Toys 'R' Us and they would have a WHOLE FREAKIN' ISLE of toy guns that looked REAL! None of this orange and blue zebra striped Nerf crap either, REAL LOOKING GUNS!!!!! Man, THAT was cool.

Bart

rowhard
05/30/2009, 10:03 PM
going out with our bb guns and playing army man ..the USA verses the gerrys or japs or RUSSIA.
We didn't use bb guns, we pretended our baseball bats were rifle's and use to find a big grassy hill and say, Shot me with a bazooka or some crazy weapon and see who could fall the coolest. Then go to the tasty freeze and get a big *** malt for 50 cents

Ldub
05/31/2009, 05:34 AM
I'm just sayn

Think of all the other terrifying violent stuff we were exposed to...Snow White, Wizard of Oz, Pinoccio, to name a few.
I remember when I was a kid, those flying moonkees scared the CRAP outta me...I kinda like em' now...:smilewink
And when the whale ate Pinoccio?...forget about it, Mom had to take me outta the theater. Perhaps three is a little young for Disney...:rolleyesg

I'm amazeed that I turned out this normal...I know, not even close...:rolleyes:

SomeBeach
05/31/2009, 07:06 AM
Think of all the other terrifying violent stuff we were exposed to...Snow White, Wizard of Oz, Pinoccio, to name a few.
I remember when I was a kid, those flying moonkees scared the CRAP outta me...I kinda like em' now...:smilewink
And when the whale ate Pinoccio?...forget about it, Mom had to take me outta the theater. Perhaps three is a little young for Disney...:rolleyesg

I'm amazeed that I turned out this normal...I know, not even close...:rolleyes:

Man LduB, got it right that time, I still get the creeps when I see the flying monkeys. Heck, I get the creeps when I see the Monkees TV show. How could we stand the simple weak TV shows we had to watch. The Monkees, Partridge Family (GAG), the Brady Bunch, and Gilligan's Island. To sit thru an episode of The Facts of Life and the show with Gary Coleman would kill me. And soap operas. My mom watched them andI couldn't stay in the room. An actor would say something and everyone froze til it broke off into a commercial.
But the candy was much better back then. Like a big Sugar Daddy or the Sugar Momma which was covered with chocolate. I remember they made a sweetart type candy that was cinnamon. It was something Pepper...can't remember...but so good

Cobrajet
05/31/2009, 07:40 AM
I remember picking up Coke and Pepsi bottles along the road for the 2¢ deposit (the big bottles were 5¢), then walking into the local 7/11 (they were actually only open from 7 to 11) through the fully open front end, and trading those empties for a nice cold bottle (real glass) of Coke (before Classic) out of the cooler by the curb (next to the vacuum tube tester). On a really good day, I had enough to buy a banana split at the soda fountain in the drug store. On my way home I’d walk through the woods to see if I could catch an Indigo snake to take home for a pet. If I was hungry I had my choice of mangos, oranges, avocado, guavas, and some fruit that had no names, all growing wild in the woods around my house.

I actually DO remember the sixties, although there were a few nights in the early 70’s that are kinda hazy. Wonder what happened to my paisley bell bottoms and Neru jacket?

Scott Harness
05/31/2009, 12:31 PM
But the candy was much better back then. Like a big Sugar Daddy or the Sugar Momma which was covered with chocolate.

It was REAL sugar back then. Now it's high fructose corn syrup...aka poison
It was actually banned back then.Then somebody decided to help out the corn farmers(right after the Depression I "think") and took it off the banned,contaminated list.:mad: Eventually big business said Hey! it's cheaper than sugar let's use it

snowtrooper1966
05/31/2009, 12:33 PM
First computer I remember using, doing programming in BASIC, saving data on a cassette tape:

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o23/snowtrooper1966/trs80.jpg

Ah, if only I had enough forsight to have kept plugging away at those skills as opposed to burning the sacred herb and playing in bands....
Best,

Ldub
05/31/2009, 12:39 PM
First computer I remember using, doing programming in BASIC, saving data on a cassette tape:

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o23/snowtrooper1966/trs80.jpg

Ah, if only I had enough forsight to have kept plugging away at those skills as opposed to burning the sacred herb and playing in bands....
Best,

Is that a crt monitor?, or a MICROWAVE on that thing?...:_confused...:laughgray

"Nuke the rainbow"

"Radioshack, the biggest name in little computers"...still a powerhouse of the industry!

snowtrooper1966
05/31/2009, 03:04 PM
I think there was enough radiation coming out of those old CRT's to qualify as microwaves.......
Best,

JoFotoz
05/31/2009, 06:43 PM
Old jam Jar in my tree house...

..full of national geographic "Topless" shots...

...and some "Sears" type Bra Ads!

OMG...I was so educated!

Now...we have the web...gone are the discovery days ....:mad:

jo

Triathlete
05/31/2009, 08:58 PM

I think you should sport that in Moab next year!:eek:

The sad part is, there is only a hand full of people that have a clue about anything in this tread!:bwgy:

I remember $0.14 a gallon gas.
I remember gas rationing in California! People waiting in line for hours (some running out of gas in the process) on their assigned day (license plates ending in a odd # gas on Tue. and Thur/ end in even # gas on Mon and Wen) during the "gas crisis" when gas jumped all the way up to $0.27 a gallon!

don moore
05/31/2009, 09:29 PM
it was realy a zenith tv that tandy rebadged to use it as a TRS80 monitor...I use to work for them we use to call them the ripoff shack.

TRS80 stands for TANDT.RADIO.SHACK.the 80 was like a future date ..1980s

handeeman
06/01/2009, 09:36 AM
Since this is Ldubs afterhours thread, I just wanted to add a few things not relating to much. First, I recently obtained the recipe to make the famous chocolate "moonkee". The wifey got the ingredients so we could try them this last Sat. night. We made our first batch (full blender). I poured mine in a large iced tea type mug and went out to the garage to rub the VX with a little "Quick Detailer". It's been pretty hot here in Fl. so the first "moonkee" went down like a chocolate milkshake...got another one while the wife made dinner. I think she had started on her second one too. Mean while I'm back in the garage and the neighbor and his wife come over. Making a long story longer they liked the "moonkees" too. We finished off all the stuff to make them except maybe a little ice. I think the last batch was Ok except I had to substitute some brownies for the chocolate ice cream and added a little vodka to the rum. Anyway, I woke the neighbors to see if they wanted to stay for dinner. They did. My wife had fixed an old southern meal, a pot of pinto beans, cornbread, fresh onions, fresh tomato etc. Look for my next post to be in "Embarrasing Exhaust".

tom4bren
06/01/2009, 09:50 AM
Wanna hear about the jello shots we had a couple of weeks ago at my daughter's graduation party???:)

kodiak
06/01/2009, 10:19 AM
Nice! But did you have one of these?

http://www.thegameconsole.com/vectrex.jpg

The Vectrex really was awesome in it's day!

Hahaha! I had one about 3 years ago, I sold it on eBay. I love vector graphics games.:p

handeeman
06/01/2009, 10:22 AM
Wanna hear about the jello shots we had a couple of weeks ago at my daughter's graduation party???:)
I'd love to hear about that...did she still get married? OOps meant graduate.

Triathlete
06/01/2009, 10:32 AM
My 1st concert - Santana

My first concert was Elvis in Vegas...mom took me!:cool:

tom4bren
06/01/2009, 11:41 AM
Yup, daughter still gradumacated (luckely we had the party 2 days after graduation).

Bottom line: we had a BUNCH of flavors of jello in the pantry, BUNCH of 1/2 bottles of different flavors of rum & vodka left over ... we got creative.

Our jello shots may not have been up to LBUD's chocolate monkee standard but they were strong & we had plenty of 'em.

Back on track with this thread ...

Zots.

nfpgasmask
06/01/2009, 11:56 AM
Now...we have the web...gone are the discovery days ....:mad:
jo

On a serious note, I do wonder what the kids of today will grow up like being completely exposed to HARD-CORE porn at such young ages. I mean, if I could have watched it when I was 12, I would have, but now it's a whole world of boys and girls exposed to some really good....I mean hardcore stuff these days...I don't believe in censorship or desensitization or any of that mumbo-jumbo, but I won't be surprised when there is a consequence to it all...

Bart

PittVXr
06/01/2009, 12:50 PM
On a serious note, I do wonder what the kids of today will grow up like being completely exposed to HARD-CORE porn at such young ages. I mean, if I could have watched it when I was 12, I would have, but now it's a whole world of boys and girls exposed to some really good....I mean hardcore stuff these days...I don't believe in censorship or desensitization or any of that mumbo-jumbo, but I won't be surprised when there is a consequence to it all...

Bart

Go talk to your local high school teachers about what kids have on their cell phones these days. Not just pics off of the internet, but of each other. I don't know about you, but if someone was passing a picture of me in my birthday suit around school I would have been so mortified I'd have moved out of state! ;oob;

I'll take my days of riding a BMX bike in traffic without a helmet over this stuff anyday!

nfpgasmask
06/01/2009, 01:58 PM
Go talk to your local high school teachers about what kids have on their cell phones these days. Not just pics off of the internet, but of each other. I don't know about you, but if someone was passing a picture of me in my birthday suit around school I would have been so mortified I'd have moved out of state! ;oob;

Yeah, the guy who sits next to me has 2 kids in HS. His son got in trouble last year for that very thing. I also heard from him that his 14 year old son is shaving his nads to enhance "appearance". :eek: Now that is some new-school stuff right there. I mean, don't get me wrong, proper care of yourself is always a nice thing, but at 14 the hair on my junk was the last thing I was worried about preening!!! :wtfy: I guess high school kids are having A LOT more fun these days...

Bart

Ldub
06/01/2009, 02:22 PM

I'll take my days of riding a BMX bike in traffic without a helmet over this stuff anyday!

Yeah, the guy who sits next to me has 2 kids in HS. His son got in trouble last year for that very thing. I also heard from him that his 14 year old son is shaving his nads to enhance "appearance". :eek: Now that is some new-school stuff right there. I mean, don't get me wrong, proper care of yourself is always a nice thing, but at 14 the hair on my junk was the last thing I was worried about preening!!! :wtfy: I guess high school kids are having A LOT more fun these days...

Bart

Where are we going, & HOW did we get in this handbasket?...:_confused

circmand
06/01/2009, 03:47 PM
Marine Boy, Speed Racer, McHales Navy, Gomer Pyle USMC, Hogans Heroes, episodes of MASH that were not repeats, Charlies Angels with Farrah (the first one name star) getting up to change the channel, antenaes, 4 channels but with more quality programming than we get on 150 channels now, Gilligans Island in black and white, Car 54 where are you, Mutual of Omahas Wild Kingdom with Marlin Perkins, Hemen like Tarzan and Superman who would be considered out of shape by todays standard, the old motto Gas, Grass or *** no one rides for free. The only real Star Trek with Kirk, Spock and McCoy and the Captain always led the boarding Party and scored a little alien tail. As opposed to Pecard always on the ship and if Ryker is #1 who is #2 and does anyone aspire to that title?

Big Jim
06/01/2009, 05:47 PM
But my Harley ran over your sorry foot LDUB !!!

kodiak
06/01/2009, 06:22 PM
Yep, there’s going to be a massive E.D. epidemic. A whole generation of males that are so desensitized by porn that the average woman just won’t excite them anymore.

Bart

pbkid
06/01/2009, 06:54 PM
hmm....for once....i dont think i have anything to add to this thread :(

JoFotoz
06/01/2009, 08:31 PM
OMG...me too!

My 1st concert - Santana... "What's that smell, Mom?" :)

With my sister , her B/friend...and Earth Wind And Fire supporting.

Bristol Hippodrome..England....stoned...drunk..and addddicccted to concerts ...

...all in one night!....:clap:

She's all straight and conservative now...

...I'm NOT!...:_beer:

jo

Jolly Roger VX'er
06/01/2009, 09:36 PM
this thread has jarred something else loose in my skull......any of you remember some kind of stores that you took "stamps" that you accumulate from regular store purchases and you would fill in a sort of stamp book that once you had so many pages filled you could "cash" them in for certain items in the "stamp-store"???????

I was pretty young (prolly like 5-6) and I remember Mom taking me into this "stamp-store" and picking out an item that could be had for sufficient "stamps".

:confused:

P.S.- Not to be confused with food stamps.

Ldub
06/01/2009, 09:59 PM
this thread has jarred something else loose in my skull......any of you remember some kind of stores that you took "stamps" that you accumulate from regular store purchases and you would fill in a sort of stamp book that once you had so many pages filled you could "cash" them in for certain items in the "stamp-store"???????

I was pretty young (prolly like 5-6) and I remember Mom taking me into this "stamp-store" and picking out an item that could be had for sufficient "stamps".

:confused:

P.S.- Not to be confused with food stamps.

:yes:

S&H green stamps were used around this area, as well as some sort of stamp with "GOLD" in the name...maybe Gold Bond Stamps?

That jar anything loose?:smilewink

Ldub
06/01/2009, 10:06 PM
But my Harley ran over your sorry foot LDUB !!!

A Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha HA!....very funny Mr. Big Jim..:laughgray

The first time the dude posts, & he dings me...gotta Love him...:heart:

Yeah, it's true, we were racing on our home made moto-cross track, & Jim drew blood...:mbrasd:

All's fair in love, war, & racing...:laughgray

snowtrooper1966
06/02/2009, 12:43 AM
I remember one weird childhood event that changed my life forever - I was 9:
An uninsured illegal Mexican driving a rusty Ranchero hit me whilst doing 60 mph as I was leaving the school bus. This was the pre-cursor to a bunch of childhood memories:
1st time my shoe flew 50 yards into a cottonfield.
1st time breaking my leg.
1st time seeing the top of a school bus!
Landing on pavement for the 1st time.
Blacking out for the 1st time.
Waking up from my 1st black out. My sister was dragging me out of the street while another speeding car passed the bus illegally.
1st ambulance ride.
1st surgery.
1st 50 staples.
1st CAT scan.
1st temperature of 106. Drain Bamage? ...well, if you know me... :rolleyes:
1st spinal tap.
1st sponge bath that scalded the nurses while I was shivering.
1st catheder.
1st time seeing my innards on a screen as they filled me up with fluids, checking for leaks.
1st time spending Christmas in the hospital.
1st time I heard my dad was going to murder someone. He didn't.
1st time on crutches.
1st time I couldn't poop for a week.
1st time I had a doctor slip his finger in my arse to see why I couldn't poop for a week.
1st time home schooling.
1st time I was taken away from my friends and placed in the troubled students class with all the Mexicans who couldn't speak English.
1st time I experienced hatred and racism while being pushed off my crutches.
1st time I expressed, understood, and accepted hatred and racism inside me.

After that weirdness, a mis-spent yoot indeed... :bgwo:
Bitter, party of one... :o

You forgot one:
1st post on this thread to make me shoot soda outta my nose (OUCH) while reading it!
Thanks for sharing your pain....
Best,

Scott Harness
06/02/2009, 07:07 AM

S&H green stamps were used around this area, as well as some sort of stamp with "GOLD" in the name...maybe Gold Bond Stamps?

I was a stock boy at the S&H Green Stamp Store:cool:

Triathlete
06/02/2009, 09:29 AM

There was blue chip stamps also. You got them with grocery purchases and could get some really cool chit! I think 99% of my grandfathers camping equipment came from there!

nfpgasmask
06/02/2009, 09:43 AM
Justin, that is *quite* a list of experiences...

Makes a lotta sense now, knowing you. :eek: :rolleyes: :p :_beer:

Bart

Jolly Roger VX'er
06/02/2009, 10:36 PM
There was blue chip stamps also. You got them with grocery purchases and could get some really cool chit! I think 99% of my grandfathers camping equipment came from there!

...maybe Gold Bond Stamps?

That's kind of what I remember...my Mom getting them from grocery purchases...sticking them into a "booklet" and depending on how many you had accumulated dictated their "worth". The "stamp store" (IIRC the stamps were gold) had all kinds of neat stuff like camping gear.

That's it...I know what I'm ask'in Mom the next time we chat..lol.

handeeman
06/04/2009, 12:01 PM
Since this is Ldubs afterhours thread, I just wanted to add a few things not relating to much. First, I recently obtained the recipe to make the famous chocolate "moonkee". The wifey got the ingredients so we could try them this last Sat. night. We made our first batch (full blender). I poured mine in a large iced tea type mug and went out to the garage to rub the VX with a little "Quick Detailer". It's been pretty hot here in Fl. so the first "moonkee" went down like a chocolate milkshake...got another one while the wife made dinner. I think she had started on her second one too. Mean while I'm back in the garage and the neighbor and his wife come over. Making a long story longer they liked the "moonkees" too. We finished off all the stuff to make them except maybe a little ice. I think the last batch was Ok except I had to substitute some brownies for the chocolate ice cream and added a little vodka to the rum. Anyway, I woke the neighbors to see if they wanted to stay for dinner. They did. My wife had fixed an old southern meal, a pot of pinto beans, cornbread, fresh onions, fresh tomato etc. Look for my next post to be in "Embarrasing Exhaust".
Just thought I'd bring this back up since it was the "dub" who gave me the recipe. Wife just called (she's a school marm)since yesterday was her last day with the kids in school she wanted to know if I would pick up the stuff for "moonkees" tonight.

Ldub
06/05/2009, 12:53 AM

Just thought I'd bring this back up since it was the "dub" who gave me the recipe. Wife just called (she's a school marm)since yesterday was her last day with the kids in school she wanted to know if I would pick up the stuff for "moonkees" tonight.

Looks as if the "Chocolat Moonkee" revolution has spread to sunny Florida...:_beer:

In your first post you said "woke the neighbors"...WTH?, had they passed out after just one or two :confused:...:rolleyesg...:laughgray

Glad you're enjoying "the recipe"...:thumbup: (Baldwin sisters reference)

Scott Harness
06/05/2009, 09:27 AM
Looks as if the "Chocolat Moonkee" revolution has spread to sunny Florida...:_beer:

In your first post you said "woke the neighbors"...WTH?, had they passed out after just one or two :confused:...:rolleyesg...:laughgray

WHY! WHY! have not tasted one of these.I was at the "stoop" the whole time:mad:

Ldub
06/05/2009, 11:05 AM

Well DUDE...:confused:

When you hear the blender whip into action, ya gotta come a runnin'...:yes:

I seriously don't know how you were able to avoid having one, but I had gloves on my feet, so how would I know...:_confused

tom4bren
06/05/2009, 11:15 AM
"I had gloves on my feet, so how would I know..."

I have no response to that ... well I do, but I'm trying to be nice for a change.

Ldub
06/06/2009, 01:28 AM

How-z-about I post the recipe after I get done razzing Tom?

but I'm trying to be nice for a change.

Who ARE you, & what have you done with Tom???

Chocolat Moonkee Recipe:

1 Blender (at least 500 watts of ice crushing power is preferred)
Chocolate ice cream, not ice milk, not frozen yogurt, not soy curds...CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM!
Bacardi 151 rum
Chocolat liquor of your choosing
ICE - ICE - BABY

In a pristine clean blender, add (in this order)

2-3 scoops ice cream
3-4 handfulls of ice
1 good pour of chocolat liquor (1-2 seconds)
several glugs of 151 (2-4 seconds...depending...:naughty: )

Blend on whatever setting, until you achieve the consistency of a milkshake from mickey D's... Drool

Use a spoon to taste, & tweak the "kick" by adding more ice or 151...:blab:

Kick back, put some worn leather gloves on your toes, (so your feet look more "mad-monkeyish") ENJOY!!!...:dance:

Line Wave

DO NOT DRIVE!...:_steering

If you can find a place called "moderation", enjoy them there...:rolleyesg

Note: It is permissible to experiment by adding: banannas, brownies, candy bars, etc.

........It is deemed NOT permissible to experiment with such items as: pickles, potatos, yams, sandwhich meat, anything with "kraut" or "wurst" in the name, radishes, fish food, catnip...you get the idea.

Scott Harness
06/06/2009, 09:25 AM
Thanks Ldub!! The more I think about it. I did get a taste:rolleyes:
Onward thru the fog!:supercool

Ldub
06/06/2009, 11:21 PM
Thanks Ldub!! The more I think about it. I did get a taste:rolleyes:
Onward thru the fog!:supercool

L O freaking L ...:laughgray...:laughgray...:laughgray

That's the funniest thing I've heard all day!

Glad you don't feel left out any more...:yes:

tom4bren
06/08/2009, 05:35 AM
How 'bout a splash of grenadine? You could have a chocolate covered cherry monkey.:bwgr:

Ldub
06/09/2009, 10:38 PM
How 'bout a splash of grenadine? You could have a chocolate covered cherry monkey.:bwgr:

Depending on which end the cherry was on, that might qualify as a baboon...:rolleyesg

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/monkeybutt.gif

snowtrooper1966
06/10/2009, 02:23 AM

I think they got it from Ike;)

G'nite, Ldub!

Best,

Ldub
06/10/2009, 02:45 AM
I think they got it from Ike;)

G'nite, Ldub!

Best,

Goodnight John Boy...:laughgray

Glad there are a few oldsters around here that are able to catch a "Waltons" reference now & again...:rolleyes:

tom4bren
06/10/2009, 04:44 AM
I caught the reference - I just kept my mouth shut since I didn't want anyone to think I'm an 'old fart' like LBUD.

I liked the episode when the Baldwin Sisters were trying to replace the headlight on their car. The guy asked which one was broken & they said:

'the one in the middle'.

Not quite a LMFAO but it still gets a chuckle.

Ldub
06/10/2009, 05:05 AM
I caught the reference - I just kept my mouth shut since I didn't want anyone to think I'm an 'old fart' like LBUD.

No one could blame you for that...:yes:

I liked the episode when the Baldwin Sisters were trying to replace the headlight on their car. The guy asked which one was broken & they said:

'the one in the middle'.

Not quite a LMFAO but it still gets a chuckle.

I always liked the one where John Boy was working in the sawmill & the board kicked back & whacked him in the head...:laughgray

I dunno why, but it NEVER fails to make me laugh out loud...:thumbup:...:laughgray

tom4bren
06/10/2009, 05:12 AM
You son are one sick puppy. That put him in a coma for several days.

I thought that the belt broke and that's what hit him in the head.

Ldub
06/10/2009, 05:15 AM
You son are one sick puppy. That put him in a coma for several days.

I thought that the belt broke and that's what hit him in the head.

Either way...it was still funny...:laughgray...:laughgray...:laughgray

tom4bren
06/10/2009, 05:19 AM
& I bet you laughed when Bambi's mother got shot.

Ldub
06/10/2009, 06:52 AM
& I bet you laughed when Bambi's mother got shot.

Let's not forget Ol' Yeller...& when Pinocchio got eaten by the whale...:eek:

Oh wait, that last one freaked me out...:freek:...:_crying:

tom4bren
06/10/2009, 07:20 AM
Naw - Pinocchio getting eaten was FUNNY!

Ldub
06/10/2009, 07:22 AM
Naw - Pinocchio getting eaten was FUNNY!

Not when you're two...:eekgray:

tom4bren
06/10/2009, 07:24 AM
You were NEVER two.

The thought of that just freaks me out.

snowtrooper1966
06/10/2009, 07:25 AM
I think my first movie traumatazation was caused by the banshee in "Darby O" Gill"...Thanks, Walt!
Flying Moonkees from "Wizard of Oz" scared the bejeezus outta me.
Couldn't swim in the ocean for an enire summer thanks to black and white rerun of "Creature from the Black Lagoon"
By the time "Jaws" came out, I was so desensitized, I wanted to see it again.
Best,

tom4bren
06/10/2009, 07:39 AM
Sorry but flying moonkies ain't got nuthin on the picture I have in my head of LBUD at age 2;ooy;

Dam, it won't go away ... Dude, get outa my head ... AAARRRGH!!!

Ldub
06/10/2009, 08:06 AM
By the time "Jaws" came out, I was so desensitized, I wanted to see it again.
Best,

The first time I went on a night dive, that was all I could hear, playing on an endless loop in my head...:laughgray

Sorry but flying moonkies ain't got nuthin on the picture I have in my head of LBUD at age 2;ooy;

Uhhhhh...sorry about that, if I posted a pic @ age two, it wouldn't help...:_confused

My head didn't start to resemble anything "human" until I was about ten or eleven...:sighwgray

snowtrooper1966
06/10/2009, 08:16 AM
Now if someone photochopped a pic of Ldub's face on a flying monkey...
Truly Frightening ;)

tom4bren
06/10/2009, 09:11 AM
I'd buy a T-shirt with that on it.

handeeman
06/13/2009, 12:13 PM
I wasn't part of it:smilewink, but in the late 60's and early 70's there were what I remember as "hippi's". Oops, ment "hippies", free love:yesgray:, and they even smoked their lawn clippings. I ran across an old picture that pretty well covers it. The secret is the title of the picture before ya clicks it. DISCLAIMER: Any similarities between the picture and a real person is purely acidental (sp).

Ldubs Cousins

Ldub
06/14/2009, 02:52 AM
LOL...those aren't my cousins, but the resemblance is uncanny...:eek:

That's always been one of my favorite "motivational" posters...:thumbup:

Ldub
06/14/2009, 10:51 PM
And what about some of the movies from the era of my mis-spent yoot...
I know I've forgotten a bunch, & I hope y'all will help me out, but here are just a few I remember.

Born Losers/Billy Jack/sequel that I can't recall
Groove Tube
They call me Trinity...also prequels & sequels ?
Kentucky Fried Movie
Star Wars...a little after my yoot

djvx
06/14/2009, 11:14 PM
invasion of the body snatchers

handeeman
06/15/2009, 07:01 AM
Did anyone besides me ever see "The Magic Christain "with Ringo star and Peter Sellers? Uncanny LMAO!

tom4bren
06/15/2009, 01:04 PM
"I would look like Ldub's cousins"

We were already thinkin 'twin sons of different mothers'

tomdietrying
06/15/2009, 01:38 PM
Here's my youth story in 1971.

I remember my friend (age 8), my brother (age 8), and myself (age 7) forming a lawn mowing service. We called it the GTX (Gary, Xavier, Tom) Lawn Mowing Company. We wrote out our business cards on index cards and put them on peoples doors. When we got our first customer, I was not allowed inside because I was not old enough to negotiate the price. My brother and friend negotiated the price for $3.00. That's mowing, raking up all the clippings (we didn't have a mower with a bag), and edging.

Needless to say, my brother an friend did not check out the backyard before settling on the $3.00 TOTAL fee. The back yard was at least a foot high. Our mower would go about a foot and stall out. It took us 4 days to finish the whole yard. I'll do the math for you. We each earned 25 cents a day for 4 days!

I did learn from that experience to keep my word. I wanted to quit so many times, but my older brother would let me. We all stuck it out. Oh yeah, our company didn't last too much after that either.:)

Peace.
Tom

handeeman
06/15/2009, 01:57 PM

I remember my friend (age 8), my brother (age 8), and myself (age 7) forming a lawn mowing service. We called it the GTX (Gary, Xavier, Tom) Lawn Mowing Company. We wrote out our business cards on index cards and put them on peoples doors. When we got our first customer, I was not allowed inside because I was not old enough to negotiate the price. My brother and friend negotiated the price for $3.00. That's mowing, raking up all the clippings (we didn't have a mower with a bag), and edging.

Needless to say, my brother an friend did not check out the backyard before settling on the $3.00 TOTAL fee. The back yard was at least a foot high. Our mower would go about a foot and stall out. It took us 4 days to finish the whole yard. I'll do the math for you. We each earned 25 cents a day for 4 days!
http://www.vehicross.info/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1003&stc=1&d=1244920266I did learn from that experience to keep my word. I wanted to quit so many times, but my older brother would let me. We all stuck it out. Oh yeah, our company didn't last too much after that either.:)

Peace.
Tom
Oh wow, I thought you were going to say that you were one of the original founders of GTX International Lawn Mowing Co. Seriously, your brother taught you right, always keep your word. Also 25 cents a day was a lot of money when I was 7yrs. old. Of course that was 1954. Good story.

Ldub
06/16/2009, 01:15 AM

I did learn from that experience to keep my word. I wanted to quit so many times, but my older brother wouldn't let me. We all stuck it out. Oh yeah, our company didn't last too much after that either.:)

Peace.
Tom

That's a great story Tom, & one of many experiences that forged you into the sterling character that I know today, and am proud to call friend!:yes:

Thanks for sharing that.

tom4bren
06/16/2009, 09:04 AM
My nephew reminded me last night of one of my mis-spent yoot episodes (I'm sure twin bro has told the story so many times that nephew almost feels like he watched it happen).

It involves a baseball bat and a basketball.

Y'all can fill in the rest.

BTW, I still have the lump on my forehead.

Ldub
09/03/2009, 05:45 AM
I'd totally forgotten about click clacks (took years of therapy...:laughgray ) wow, now THAT was a toy!

Crossman pellet guns, M-80's Cherry Bombs, Silver Salutes...these are a few of my favorite things...:smilewink

I TOTALLY dropped the ball the other day...:upsetgray...:waag:

I found an original set of click clacks on ebay...and DIDN'T bid on em'.

Must be a sign of the lagging economy.

LittleBeast
09/03/2009, 12:58 PM
I TOTALLY dropped the ball the other day...:upsetgray...:waag:

I found an original set of click clacks on ebay...and DIDN'T bid on em'.

Must be a sign of the lagging economy.

Haha, yeah I bought a toy on eBay the other day that was originally a toy from radio shack that I bought for my brother, now that I have it I am like...... uh this isn't as fun as it used to be, haha, but I am still glad I have it, I know what you mean though, I would probably pass on it right now.

handeeman
09/03/2009, 01:22 PM
When I was 10 years old HO scale trains were the thing. Of course I wanted one. My folks had some friends serving in Germany who had told them about Marklin trains. My folks sent them $100.00 to mail me a Marklin from Germany in time for Christmas. Well Christmas eve came and no train, my folks were in a panic as i would have no gift from santa. My dad scrambled out and got me a new Schwin, of course i was kinda confused Christmas day i got a bike and wanted a train. My folks talked to their friends in Germany and they stated the train had been sent like 2 months ahead of Christmas. (for you younger VX'rs there was no UPS or Fed-Ex) anyway, exactly one year later this package shows up right before Christmas. So that Christmas i got whatever it was i wanted and a Marklin train. The package had been like in like 15 countries and finally ended up in Okla.(no not by pony express either). I still have it. thanks for listening.

Ldub
09/03/2009, 08:19 PM
When I was 10 years old HO scale trains were the thing. Of course I wanted one. My folks had some friends serving in Germany who had told them about Marklin trains. My folks sent them $100.00 to mail me a Marklin from Germany in time for Christmas. Well Christmas eve came and no train, my folks were in a panic as i would have no gift from santa. My dad scrambled out and got me a new Schwin, of course i was kinda confused Christmas day i got a bike and wanted a train. My folks talked to their friends in Germany and they stated the train had been sent like 2 months ahead of Christmas. (for you younger VX'rs there was no UPS or Fed-Ex) anyway, exactly one year later this package shows up right before Christmas. So that Christmas i got whatever it was i wanted and a Marklin train. The package had been like in like 15 countries and finally ended up in Okla.(no not by pony express either). I still have it. thanks for listening.

That's a funny story Handee...:laughing:

It reminds me of the lectric train my brother & I had as kids, smoke came out of the smokestack & everything.

The weird part is, the number on the sides of the engine is "666", I kid you not.

I still have the engine & cars packed away somewhere.

don moore
09/04/2009, 12:28 AM
back in the day.1965.my mom droped my sister and I at the movie theater (playing was The Sound of Music)with 4 dollars.. we skipped the movie and got lots of candy instead.
.she picked us up ..asked how it was ..we both said great .
...I still today have not seen that movie..hehe

Ldub
09/04/2009, 12:36 AM
now that I have it I am like...... uh this isn't as fun as it used to be, haha, but I am still glad I have it, I know what you mean though, I would probably pass on it right now.

Uh-oh...don't look now, but I think you're becoming...

A GROWN-UP...:eek:...:uhohgray:...:smilewink

Ldub
09/04/2009, 12:39 AM
...I still today have not seen that movie..hehe

Me niether, though I've seen so many commercials for it, & parodies of it over the years, I FEEL like I've seen it multiple times...:smilewink

Same thing with Fiddler on the top of the house, or whatever it was...:rolleyesg

tom4bren
09/04/2009, 05:56 AM
How did I spend my mis-spent yoot ... wearin a bow tie. Don't worry, I've outgrown that now.

BTW, top right is me.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/scan0081_.jpg

Ldub
09/04/2009, 06:40 AM
BTW, top right is me.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/scan0081_.jpg

You can't deny...of all the kids in that pic, the little dude at the top right has the most mischievous look of the lot...:yes:

Can't imagine why...:_confused

snowtrooper1966
09/04/2009, 07:32 AM
Click Klaks...my wrist still hurts;)
Toys on eBay:
I recently considered buying "Incredible Edibles" (late 60's vintage) and actually thought about making some. I can still taste 'em. Wierd how taste can trigger nearly 40 year old memories. I thought it best not to buy, as I would be tempted to use the goo and likely that scenario would not end well....
Best,

ZEUS
09/04/2009, 08:28 AM
Legos were my fave toy in the day... then when they came out with Technic Legos, I was forced into puberty early and I played with myself all day long... I mean BY myself all day long. I still play... with Legos from time to time. I even have a remote controlled Lego crawler! NERD ALERT!

tom4bren
09/04/2009, 08:54 AM
You can't deny...of all the kids in that pic, the little dude at the top right has the most mischievous look of the lot...:yes:

Can't imagine why...:_confused

A more truthful statement hath never before been uttered.:)

MSHardeman
09/04/2009, 12:08 PM
Legos were my fave toy in the day... then when they came out with Technic Legos, I was forced into puberty early and I played with myself all day long... I mean BY myself all day long. I still play... with Legos from time to time. I even have a remote controlled Lego crawler! NERD ALERT!

DUDE, I'm right there with ya. I used to have huge tubs full of LEGO's and I would create all kinds of stuff with them. I got into the Technic's too and had a blast with them because you could build cars with working suspension and steering. I actually just bought a Technic's (http://shop.lego.com/Product/?p=8421) set last year and I want the Millenium Falcon one BAD (http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.aspx?p=10179&cn=240) It has over 5000 pieces....
How's that go? NERD ALERT!!

ZEUS
09/04/2009, 01:10 PM
DUDE, I'm right there with ya. I used to have huge tubs full of LEGO's and I would create all kinds of stuff with them. I got into the Technic's too and had a blast with them because you could build cars with working suspension and steering. I actually just bought a Technic's (http://shop.lego.com/Product/?p=8421) set last year and I want the Millenium Falcon one BAD (http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.aspx?p=10179&cn=240) It has over 5000 pieces....
How's that go? NERD ALERT!!This one was (is) my dream set: LEGO_8880 (http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=8880-1) and PARTS_LIST (http://www.peeron.com/inv/sets/8880-1) Always wanted it... can't justify the price but it can still be found on ebay from time to time though.

That Falcon is HUGE!! I need to get rid of Star Wars stuff instead of adding to the collection. I have around 200+ action figures and other stuff to sell on ebay... too lazy so far. LAZY NERD ALERT!! :p

Ldub
09/04/2009, 01:24 PM
Two things...

Spirograph

Creepy Crawlers

Both Holy Grail items when I was a wee lad...:yes:

ZEUS
09/04/2009, 02:00 PM
Creepy Crawlers... just the name reminds me of BOGLINS! Who remembers Boglins? http://www.toydreams.co.uk/boglins/boglinsboxed.html

I gave mine piercings, tats, and shades! :bgwo:

nfpgasmask
09/04/2009, 02:59 PM
Creepy Crawlers... just the name reminds me of BOGLINS! Who remembers Boglins? http://www.toydreams.co.uk/boglins/boglinsboxed.html

I gave mine piercings, tats, and shades! :bgwo:

I had one. And I had a cat at the time that wasn't afraid of nuthin'...except that damn Boglin.

:) Bart

snowtrooper1966
09/06/2009, 02:47 AM
Two things...

Spirograph

Creepy Crawlers
Both Holy Grail items when I was a wee lad...:yes:

Incerdible Edibles was the prototype for Creepy Crawlers, and as an added bonus, you could eat 'em!!!!

Ldub
09/06/2009, 02:53 AM
Incerdible Edibles was the prototype for Creepy Crawlers, and as an added bonus, you could eat 'em!!!!

Yeah Man, I dig it...:thumbup:

I was lookin' on eBay the other day, they still sell "plasti-goop", & there are more than a few "thing makers" & molds still available...hmmmmm:naughty:

Prolly wouldn't be half as fun as remembering it though...:(

Ldub
09/06/2009, 02:56 AM

BTW, you could eat the creepy crawlers too, but when I shat bugs the next day, Mom would take me to the doctor...:(...:laughing:

tom4bren
09/08/2009, 01:26 PM
BTW, you could eat the creepy crawlers too, but when I shat bugs the next day, Mom would take me to the doctor...:(...:laughing:

THAT was a mental image I did NOT need:)

Ldub
09/08/2009, 01:29 PM
THAT was a mental image I did NOT need:)

Didn't like the mental image???

I could send you some pics...:eek:

tom4bren
09/08/2009, 01:36 PM
No ... No ... No

3 Golden Retrievers provide all the visual acumen on that subject that I'll ever need.

I'm good.

handeeman
09/09/2009, 12:35 PM
Speaking of golden retrievers. My neighbors GR decided to use my front lawn as a porta poopy. Made me so mad, I picked it up, walked into my house and told my wife "look what I almost stepped in!"

tom4bren
09/09/2009, 12:56 PM
Speaking of golden retrievers. My neighbors GR decided to use my front lawn as a porta poopy. Made me so mad, I picked it up, walked into my house and told my wife "look what I almost stepped in!"

You sir, have a sick mind (no wonder you fit in so well 'round here).

handeeman
09/09/2009, 01:00 PM
"You sir, have a sick mind" T4B

In this group i consider it a complement. prolly lol alot!

Oops, I shuda posted this after midnight.

Ldub
09/09/2009, 01:07 PM
You sir, have a sick mind (no wonder you fit in so well 'round here).

"You sir, have a sick mind" T4B

In this group i consider it a complement. prolly lol alot!

Double Mega Ditto's...:laughing:

tom4bren
09/09/2009, 01:08 PM
Rekin we're just a bunch of 'window lickers'.

Ldub
09/09/2009, 01:17 PM
Rekin we're just a bunch of 'window lickers'.

No, my good Sir...:fyi:

YOU are a Ninnyhammer.......:smack:

Handee is a Weirdo................:laughing:

I'm just not right in the head...:_thinking

handeeman
09/09/2009, 01:34 PM
TOTAL TJ!

Whew, I'm sure glad he din't refer to me as a ninnyhammer!

tom4bren
09/09/2009, 01:38 PM
No, my good Sir...:fyi:

YOU are a Ninnyhammer.......:smack:

Handee is a Weirdo................:laughing:

I'm just not right in the head...:_thinking

I think you were supposed to use this smiley :smack: for me

Ldub
09/09/2009, 01:39 PM
TOTAL TJ!

Whew, I'm sure glad he din't refer to me as a ninnyhammer!

You my friend, have forgotten rule #1 of dubworld...:rolleyesg

It's not possible to jack a thread in dubworld...they all start out jacked in the first place...:yes:

ninnyhammer...

ZEUS
09/09/2009, 01:41 PM
Whipper Snapper here... I feel left out. Is there an age requirement to this diatribe? :goof: Now where is that steaming poop smilie...

tom4bren
09/09/2009, 01:43 PM
Whipper Snapper here... I feel left out. Is there an age requirement to this diatribe? :goof: Now where is that steaming poop smilie...

OK, you can be window licker

Ldub
09/09/2009, 01:44 PM

You know you're always welcome here brother Zeus.
Your soul be known as an "old one" by me.

ZEUS
09/09/2009, 01:44 PM
http://www.aimface.com/ikons/IKON4f8b2081278bac35f3adbe96e0b9c3088d11becd50.gif FOUND IT! Excuse the delay I'm not the Dubster... :p

Ldub
09/09/2009, 01:46 PM
I think you were supposed to use this smiley :smack: for me

HUH?...:_confused

tom4bren
09/09/2009, 01:48 PM
HUH?...:_confused

It's the closest thing I could find to a ninny hammering (just don't put it in your siggy like certain other members have done).

handeeman
09/09/2009, 01:48 PM

Jump on in Dr.
Age is just a # in Dub's world. At least that's what they told me when they let me out.
lmao lmoa lmao Dr.
DR. ZEUS

Ldub
09/09/2009, 01:50 PM
It's the closest thing I could find to a ninny hammering (just don't put it in your siggy like certain other members have done).

No, I mean HUH? as in re-read the post in question...& your response...:naughty:

tom4bren
09/09/2009, 01:55 PM
Dammit ... it ain't nice playin mind games with an unarmed man

ZEUS
09/09/2009, 02:02 PM
Haha BAKA!:_iamwiths :smack:

handeeman
09/09/2009, 02:09 PM
Isn't that suppose to be "CHUBAKA' Dr.?

tom4bren
09/09/2009, 02:11 PM
BWAAHAAHAA

Ldub
09/09/2009, 02:12 PM
Dammit ... it ain't nice playin mind games with an unarmed man

How do you drive?...:_thinking

Ldub
09/09/2009, 02:12 PM
BWAAHAAHAA

X 2 !

tom4bren
09/09/2009, 02:17 PM
How do you drive?...:_thinking

very well ... thank you.

ZEUS
09/09/2009, 02:21 PM
Isn't that suppose to be "CHUBAKA' Dr.?Old man Tommy had no arms
E I E I O
And on no arms he had a Chubaka
E I E I O
With a baka baka here a baka baka there
Here a baka... there a baka
Everywhere a baka baka

Check out this thread, Crockett: http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?p=172081#post172081

Ldub
09/09/2009, 02:28 PM
very well ... thank you.

I SERIOUSLY shoulda seen that one comin'...:rolleyesg

Old man Tommy had no arms
E I E I O
And on no arms he had a Chubaka
E I E I O
With a baka baka here a baka baka there
Here a baka... there a baka
Everywhere a baka baka

Check out this thread, Crockett: http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?p=172081#post172081

LOL x 2...:laughing:

tom4bren
09/09/2009, 02:29 PM
Naw, lookie here window licker

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=16304&highlight=zeus

remember that one?

Weird tho, some of the posts are missing.

ZEUS
09/09/2009, 02:41 PM
Man, I tell ya, you eat one lousy pregnant woman and you NEVER live it down! Posts missing...? Well yeah, gotta protect the legend at the risk of notoriety! :p

This is still the best: http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=12015&highlight=biggest+fan

Ironic that it's titled My Biggest Fan... and then YOU show up! :angel:

Notice tho, Orion did the same thing to me that he did to Marlin... one guy clamors on and on about something "new" and Greg shows up to say - TOO LATE, I DID IT! :)

tom4bren
09/09/2009, 02:52 PM
There's a blast from the past.

I still can't believe you were taking me seriously for a while in that thread.:)

BTW, did you ever get around to actually doing the 'lectric fan conversion?

ZEUS
09/09/2009, 03:05 PM
Heck no... I think we figured out a phrase that went something like "One more thing I'll never get to."

tom4bren
09/09/2009, 03:16 PM
DANG - I think you just stole my title as Mr. Procrastinator.

Ldub
09/09/2009, 03:23 PM
DANG - I think you just stole my title as Mr. Procrastinator.

Mmmmmmmmmight be a tie here...:mbrasd:

I still have my Aussie Locker sittin' in my living room...:rolleyesg

ZEUS
09/09/2009, 03:35 PM
So you suffer from big ideas and little ambition? Does life serve you so many lemons you swim in lemonade? Does it seem you have more alcohol/chaw than time? Well then join us as we discover methods and cures to the affliction known as "acute procrastination syndrome" (APS). See... giving up on big dreams is why I am now Dr. Zeus and have no need for the title of Mr. Procrastinator! ;)

tom4bren
09/09/2009, 03:39 PM
OK, I have APS but at least I don't have an Aussie Locker sitting in my living room - that's just nasty. I'm suprised TLMP puts up wit dat.

Ldub
09/09/2009, 03:46 PM
So you suffer from big ideas and little ambition? Does life serve you so many lemons you swim in lemonade? Does it seem you have more alcohol/chaw than time? Well then join us as we discover methods and cures to the affliction known as "acute procrastination syndrome" (APS). See... giving up on big dreams is why I am now Dr. Zeus and have no need for the title of Mr. Procrastinator! ;)

L-O-freakin-L

OK, I have APS but at least I don't have an Aussie Locker sitting in my living room - that's just nasty. I'm suprised TLMP puts up wit dat.

As I told her at the outset of this relationship...

"If your expectations of me remain low enough, then your disappointment level will also remain commensurately low"...:yes:
So far, so good!...:dan_ban:

ZEUS
09/09/2009, 03:55 PM
In the time I have known The Dub something I have learned is that placing gloves on your feet is a great way to keep the ladies from aiming high! When they do glance up from time to time all they see is a crazy :dan_ban:. Then they need a monkee to keep from going insane!

Oh and carry more tools than you'll need... :)

Ldub
09/09/2009, 04:20 PM
Oh and carry more tools than you'll need... :)

ALWAYS!...& let's not forget about nutz, boltz & spare partz...:naughty:

snowtrooper1966
09/09/2009, 07:52 PM
Prolly wouldn't be half as fun as remembering it though...:(

I dunno. That stuff could be the cure for cancer. Or cause it;)

snowtrooper1966
09/09/2009, 07:58 PM

I don't think I would want to be pooping (incredible edibles) little monsters either. Prolly land me a trip to a catholic priest and an exorcisum;)

Ldub
09/09/2009, 08:04 PM
I don't think I would want to be pooping (incredible edibles) little monsters either. Prolly land me a trip to a catholic priest and an exorcisum;)

L-O-L...:laughing:
:thanx:

tom4bren
09/10/2009, 05:42 AM
"If your expectations of me remain low enough, then your disappointment level will also remain commensurately low"

Best advice I've heard all day ... always live up to everyone's lowest expectations.

handeeman
09/10/2009, 01:54 PM
"If your expectations of me remain low enough, then your disappointment level will also remain commensurately low"

Best advice I've heard all day ... always live up to everyone's lowest expectations.

Them's some mighty fine words right there.
Dub a question for you......have you, at anytime, ever accused tom4bren of thinking inside the box? I was just wondering where he may of gotten that idea.

tom4bren
09/10/2009, 02:23 PM
There's a box?... Dam, I never noticed that before.:_thinking

Ldub
09/11/2009, 02:44 AM
Them's some mighty fine words right there.
Dub a question for you......have you, at anytime, ever accused tom4bren of thinking inside the box? I was just wondering where he may of gotten that idea.

Ya got me Handido...I too am trying to find this "box" you're talkin' about...:_thinking

Ldub
09/11/2009, 02:49 AM
When they do glance up from time to time, all they see is crazy :dan_ban:. :)

:naughty: You've captured the "essence"...:laughing:

How'd you get to know me so well?...:_thinking...:dan_ban:

ZEUS
09/11/2009, 07:25 AM
:naughty: You've captured the "essence"...:laughing:

How'd you get to know me so well?...:_thinking...:dan_ban:I guess it's because you are not as shy as I am. :smilewink

tom4bren
09/11/2009, 10:05 AM
I guess it's because you are not as shy as I am. :smilewink

I have no response to that.

Ldub
09/12/2009, 02:54 AM

Me niether...I'm too shy...:mbrasd:

Ldub
02/06/2010, 09:39 AM
Presented as proof that you can find almost anything on youtube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-OrVQaqkg0&feature=related

I was just sitting here, minding my own business, when this song pops into my noggin & won't go away...:upsetgray

The best course of action?...plant the seed in YOUR head...:naughty:

I was a young lad of thirteen when this hit #1...W0W, were we hard up for entertainment...:yesgray:

"I'd get rid of him, but I need the eggs" sums it up nicely...:rolleyesg

VX KAT
02/06/2010, 09:43 AM
:goof:

Ldub
02/06/2010, 10:34 AM
:goof:

Got something to say girl E girl?...:laughing: I can take it...:yesgray:

Further proof that we were REALLY hard up for entertainment in the 70's...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cd_Fdly3rX8 ...maybe the most awful of the lot...;puke:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuNZapJGxPM&feature=fvw ...well, maybe this is worser

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-L0NpaErkk&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_P-v1BVQn8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NyK3df0xaw

How these guys could keep a straight face is beyond me...:_confused

Hey...the seventies were a major suck musically, but it wasn't ALL bad...the late sixties was still there somewhere...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01X8z42_9_U

To those who know me personally, these little snippets of my mis-spent yoot may splain a LOT...:smilewink

Ldub
02/06/2010, 10:58 AM
IMO, one of the funniest men to ever walk the planet...:laughing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZjNXq1U5Os

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OabwugHKs10&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLu46u9d-0U&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6zZGKMWyj8&feature=related

VX KAT
02/06/2010, 11:05 AM
Got something to say girl E girl?...:laughing: I can take it...:yesgray:

Why no Mr. Dub, I loved that song....I musta clicked on the wrong smiley code, yeah, that's the ticket, I clicked on the wrong smiley....you know I'm a goof! :p

speaking of goofs....I've been curious about my spark plugs, so decided to pull one and see what I got down there....i.e. OEMs or what...
Read the thread by Eric etlsport from July...we actually have the right tools, but Dave stuck the extension down the hole just a millisecond before I read out loud the part from Mark (deermagnet) about using duct tape to hold the joints together...guess what? lower part came off, but we used our combined ingenuity (what's that make our combined IQ about 90? :laugho: ) and wrapped the duck tape around the very tip and jamed it into the socket, succeeded in turning the spark plug as well as recovering the socket.
Note to Dave...wait until I'm done reading the instructions before sticking things somewhere...oh my that didn't come out right....:mbrasd:

Well, they appear to be a real POS...Champion, corroded all over the place...on our way to Checker to get the NGK plats...only $1 or so more than ebay, ($9, free ship, no tax) but I can't bear to put that POS back in the car, so off we go for 6 new ones.

Guess this post should go under "what are you doing to your VX this week".. :thumbup:

Ldub
02/06/2010, 12:15 PM
Guess this post should go under "what are you doing to your VX this week".. :thumbup:

Thread jackee no can do in dubworld...:cool:

snowtrooper1966
02/07/2010, 11:11 AM
Presented as proof that you can find almost anything on youtube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-OrVQaqkg0&feature=related

I was just sitting here, minding my own business, when this song pops into my noggin & won't go away...:upsetgray

The best course of action?...plant the seed in YOUR head...:naughty:

I was a young lad of thirteen when this hit #1...W0W, were we hard up for entertainment...:yesgray:

Thanks TONS, bud!
Never had the (dis)pleasure of that one sullying the aural canals until now..
What can I say, I grew up in Claifornia;)
Best,

Ldub
02/08/2010, 12:27 AM
Thanks TONS, bud!
Never had the (dis)pleasure of that one sullying the aural canals until now..
What can I say, I grew up in Claifornia;)
Best,

Any time Dude...glad I could contribute to the eventual completion of your musical mis-edgeuhmacashun...:laughing:

Ldub
02/23/2012, 07:36 AM
Yeh, I know...a blast from the past, but...

I just re-read this from beginning to end, & got MORE than a few good :laughing:

MAN, I miss Hackett on Carson...:(

Ldub
02/23/2012, 08:33 AM

Uhhhhh...sorry about that, if I posted a pic @ age two, it wouldn't help...:_confused

My head didn't start to resemble anything "human" until I was about ten or eleven...:sighwgray

I'd buy a T-shirt with that on it.

This oughta help...or not...:smilewink

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/pacifier.jpg

tom4bren
02/23/2012, 08:49 AM
ROFL

Ldub
02/23/2012, 08:54 AM
ROFL

Wanna buy a T-shirt?...:naughty:...:laughing:

If I saw that kids head on ebay, I'd buy it, cover it with epoxy resin, & use it for a bowling ball...:laughing:

Scientists use that noggin to calibrate their "perfectly round-ometers"...:yesgray:

tom4bren
02/23/2012, 09:23 AM
Round-o-meter

Sure ya wanna go there???

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=17709

BAZINGA!!!

Ldub
02/23/2012, 09:30 AM
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/3260/medium/DSC_2145.JPG

OMFG...:laughing:

The "positively flummoxed" expression on Lisa's face is, IMO, PRICELE$$...:laughing:

tom4bren
02/23/2012, 10:41 AM
Now photo-chop her hand onto your tush & that expression would be even mo betta:)

Ldub
02/23/2012, 12:29 PM
Now photo-chop her hand onto your tush & that expression would be even mo betta:)

OMG...I hadda read that THREE times, before I realized you wrote "hand", & not "head"...:mbrasd:...:mbrasd:...:laughing:

carpal tunnel dyslexia RULES!.:dance:

tom4bren
02/23/2012, 01:42 PM
I could reply to that but I dare not!!!!

Vendetta
02/23/2012, 02:15 PM
See, this is why I gotta get to Moab one of these years!

tom4bren
02/23/2012, 02:25 PM
Yah, we gotta get there so we can take part in the "Red Solo cup ... I fill you up ... it's time to parteeeeeee ... "

Ldub
02/23/2012, 05:36 PM
Yah, we gotta get there so we can take part in the "Red Solo cup ... I fill you up ... it's time to parteeeeeee ... "

Toby lyrics for a thousand, Alex...:laughing:

RickOKC
02/23/2012, 06:47 PM
This thread has been a lot of fun and brought back a lot of memories. I'd probably remember more from my yoof, but... well... the city used to have trucks drive through my neighborhood and they sprayed out a chemical fog to get rid of mosquitoes. We kids used to think that was pretty amazing so we ran after them in the summer twilight. Running through fog, laughing, jumping playing. Then the earth cooled. And then the dinosaurs came, but they got too big and fat, so they all died and they turned into oil. And then the Arabs came and they bought Mercedes Benzes. And Prince Charles started wearing all of Lady Di's clothes. I couldn't believe it.

Wait... what? Maybe those last few sentences were from the movie Airplane II, I can't be sure due to the chemicals.

My sister - only 5 years older than me - still calls the TV remote control "the clicker" (I laugh, but I do remember when they actually clicked.)

I went to a Joan Jett concert and was in the front row. She looked me dead in the eye and winked at me. ME... PERSONALLY! I still get tingly whenever I think of that.

Prodigy / CompuServe AOL.

In high school, I chose to have my Vo-Tech classes in the afternoon because that would be the first time I spent time in a classroom that had air conditioning. No biggie except it only hit 100+ degrees here EVERY SINGLE SCHOOL YEAR SINCE THE BEGINNING OF TIME!!!

I was sitting in front of a TV the first time MTV went live. It was weird, they played music way back then.

Ldub
02/23/2012, 07:11 PM
:laughing:.:laughing:.:laughing:...:thumbup:

JoFotoz
02/23/2012, 07:31 PM
Ditto Dubs sentiment...

This thread has been a lot of fun and brought back a lot of memories. I'd probably remember more from my yoof, but... well... the city used to have trucks drive through my neighborhood and they sprayed out a chemical fog to get rid of mosquitoes. We kids used to think that was pretty amazing so we ran after them in the summer twilight. Running through fog, laughing, jumping playing. Then the earth cooled. And then the dinosaurs came, but they got too big and fat, so they all died and they turned into oil. And then the Arabs came and they bought Mercedes Benzes. And Prince Charles started wearing all of Lady Di's clothes. I couldn't believe it.

Wait... what? Maybe those last few sentences were from the movie Airplane II, I can't be sure due to the chemicals.

My sister - only 5 years older than me - still calls the TV remote control "the clicker" (I laugh, but I do remember when they actually clicked.)

I went to a Joan Jett concert and was in the front row. She looked me dead in the eye and winked at me. ME... PERSONALLY! I still get tingly whenever I think of that.

Prodigy / CompuServe AOL.

In high school, I chose to have my Vo-Tech classes in the afternoon because that would be the first time I spent time in a classroom that had air conditioning. No biggie except it only hit 100+ degrees here EVERY SINGLE SCHOOL YEAR SINCE THE BEGINNING OF TIME!!!

I was sitting in front of a TV the first time MTV went live. It was weird, they played music way back then.

....that right there is :clap:..:p..:clap:

jo

Ldub
02/23/2012, 07:35 PM
I went to a Joan Jett concert and was in the front row. She looked me dead in the eye and winked at me. ME... PERSONALLY!

Yeh but...do you have an autographed strat from Lita Ford...:naughty:

Me niether...:(

BigSwede
02/24/2012, 06:25 AM

I always thought she was hot, the fact that she is gay not withstanding...

BigSwede
02/24/2012, 06:26 AM
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/3260/medium/DSC_2145.JPG

OMFG...:laughing:

The "positively flummoxed" expression on Lisa's face is, IMO, PRICELE$$...:laughing:

Hey look! My (soon to be ex-) Trooper!

Ldub
09/19/2012, 06:48 AM
Picked up a complete (minus pens of course) set at a garage sale for 4 bucks...SCHWHEAT!...:dance:

tom4bren
12/04/2012, 11:21 AM
Well THAT explains the hypno-toad siggy!

The other day I watched The Santa Clause (I guess the second one - when he had to get married). Had to laugh at the scene when they were playing with Rock em, Sock em Robots.

Scott Harness
12/04/2012, 03:23 PM
Great Thread!:supercool

JoFotoz
12/04/2012, 03:32 PM
Old coffee can in my tree house..

..stuffed with National Geographic pics / Sears catalogue Bra pics..etc. :p

Ah, back in the day......before "search-click" :eek:

Jo

tom4bren
12/05/2012, 08:05 AM
I REEEEEALLY shouldn't post this after Jo's comments but it was just too apropo to the thread.
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/old_picture.jpg

BigSwede
12/05/2012, 12:47 PM
Water rockets.

EVO
12/07/2012, 12:22 PM
Flashing Thunder Roman Candles - They shoot out M80's, big fun until I got nailed in the head by my best friend!! ROFL!!! Why is it the most memorable moments in my life end with me going to the hospital!!!! Ouch!! That hurt just thinking about it!!!!

Hcloud13
12/08/2012, 02:10 PM
Dog poop turning powder white if you let it alone for a couple days.

ND92
12/09/2012, 01:53 AM
Holy smokes... I think my generation (90's) is the last to have ever actually played outside during the "younger years".
I think it was just me cause I went through a faze of about 14 years were I only listened to the who, led zeppelin, Pink Floyd, CCR, etc... And them there was disco..... Oh sweet Jesus, now that was a faze, I was always the outcast for not listening to whatever new "boy band" there was ;puke: . I still listen to all of them but as time moved on my music library changed to include (and I know you guys and gals hate it) Dubstep which had led me to start Dj'ing.
I remember the original Adam West batman, soo cheesy but still awesome.
The rise of "transformers"
Living with "dial-up"
Brick cell phones
Sony Walkmans then CD players (still have both)
Sesame Street
LEGO!!!
Trampolines!!!
Oh and let's not forget... The amazing VEHICROSS (I was 10 when they came out) bet you all feel old by now.... Sorry
I miss all the simplicity of being young. But most of all I miss having time and that spark to go play outside in the dirt or snow like when I was young. I miss the "Guinea pig" days where I was the test subject for my brothers toboggan ramps or trampoline ninja fighting moves.
It's the days where you come home on a Saturday night covered in dirt, grass stains and bruises that were the best.
The new generation has no idea what it's like to make a slip and slide out of garbage bags, or slide down a snow covered hill on a metal snow shovel with no thought of what at the bottom of the hill you will have to dodge or what is going to suddenly stop you.
Too much technology in the world for kids today.

Ldub
12/09/2012, 05:27 AM
I miss all the simplicity of being young. But most of all I miss having time and that spark to go play outside in the dirt or snow like when I was young. I miss the "Guinea pig" days where I was the test subject for my brothers toboggan ramps or trampoline ninja fighting moves.
It's the days where you come home on a Saturday night covered in dirt, grass stains and bruises that were the best.
The new generation has no idea what it's like to make a slip and slide out of garbage bags, or slide down a snow covered hill on a metal snow shovel with no thought of what at the bottom of the hill you will have to dodge or what is going to suddenly stop you.
Too much technology in the world for kids today.

You said a mouth full right there Bro...:yesgray:

We made snow forts in the drifts of the shelter belt on the N side of our farm. We'd dig a tunnel in about 10', then hollow out a big room, then hollow out a fire place into the wall with a chimney going to the surface.

We would be out there all day, only taking a break for grilled cheese & tomato...:drool2:

Thanks Mom...:heart:

evillecutter
12/13/2012, 11:22 AM
amongst many, many other things i remember when we couldnt find or buy a lighter to light off our m80s would use steel wool and a nine volt battery to light them - those ground hornets never stood a chance - and i dont know if anyone remembers lazer tag - the original outside version not the ones in the mall they have now - man, you strap that lazer tag thing on your chest and grab your blaster and you were an intergalactic mercenary

tom4bren
12/13/2012, 12:36 PM
One can NOT out run the skateboarding neighborhood bully if one has a shirt full of plums recently stolen from a neighbor's tree. When shirt-tail comes untucked & load of pilfered plums litters the ground, plum pits WILL create a dead stop for said bully's skateboard (you remember the kind made out of 2x4's and strap on skates with steel wheels).

Scott Harness
12/14/2012, 08:57 AM
(you remember the kind made out of 2x4's and strap on skates with steel wheels).

I had that kind LOL