PDA

View Full Version : Got stopped in traffic today!!!

crotchrocket
05/27/2009, 11:30 AM
Just headed toward notting hill on the A4o this afternoon and someone stopped next to me shouting out the window, he was shouting what a beautiful truck i had, what was it and where could he buy one !!!!!!!

I told him all about it (in the 30 seconds before the lights changed) and he kept asking to buy mine!!! lol so told him to have a look around on ebay etc and to give me a call. he seamed interested in buying mine at 6000 !!:D but its not for sale!! (unless its 8000 lol)

Maybe he'll find the site, didnt get to tell him about it but he was in the back seat with a driver up front so he's probably got the cash to start VX love affair lol

LittleBeast
05/27/2009, 11:37 AM
haha, that is awesome! I bet there was at least one person in the car that just didn't get it either..... That my friend is the cost of being unique :)

Gussie2000
05/27/2009, 01:32 PM
Hey crotch !
That's deffinetly a "sacrifies" a VX most go thru as part of our duty;It's called VX moments.

Greets

JAMAS
05/27/2009, 01:42 PM
I got stopped in traffic once but my windows didnt work at the time so I just sped off and look like a jerk.

handeeman
05/27/2009, 01:58 PM
I got stopped in traffic too. My windows worked, so when the guy walked up to my window I said " It's not for sale". He laughed so hard, he turned his blue light off and let me go.

SomeBeach
05/27/2009, 02:21 PM
I have owned my VX for 9 months. I can't believe the attention I get. I come out of a store and people are walking around it giving it a lookover. What's funny is that people think it's an 09 or 2010. I had one girl say she was going to the dealer and order one. When I drive it on the beach people stop what they're doin and stare. Pretty neat getting that kind of attention.

Sprey
05/27/2009, 05:41 PM
Had a bit of a Vx moment the otherday.

Had it parked in the 15minute loading zone. while me and my father popped into the local games shop, came back and these two dudes probaly aged in there late 30s were like looking under and all around it. i looked at my dad and said here we go. He laughed as he basicaly realised what i mean when people cant seem to keep their eyes off it.

Tho the best part was me actualy hoping into the vx and them thinking wtf! is that, that kids car.

:p

rowhard
05/27/2009, 08:49 PM
A day doesn't go by when someone, in traffic, in a parking lot, anywhere doesn't come up to me and ask. WHAT IS A VX

Richard, "Kodiak' when we were sitting in the parking lot at a grocery store waiting for Chris, 'Marlin' in ( I think) Price Utah, when we were convoying to Moab, this guy pulls up and asked what the hell is it? (Rich) said it is a 2010 Isuzu Vehicross. Go on line and check it out. I had a really hard time keeping a straight face. Rich, think maybe you have used that line before.

Jolly Roger VX'er
05/27/2009, 09:06 PM
when I stopped near Chicago for gas on my way to Moab '08, some guy was going on about how he never saw one before; then Gill & CeCe pull up in an ebony & proton @ alternate pumps (meeting up for convoy) and I looked at him and said "watcha talk'in 'bout...there everywhere!". He walked away perplexed..lol.

Anita
05/27/2009, 09:51 PM
I stopped by PEP Boys to pick up a few Meguiars articles and no sooner than I parked the truck, a couple ran out of the store and stood next to the truck staring. I got out and the guy asked me what year the VX was. Not only did this guy know all about the Vehicross , he collected exotic cars for a hobby. Ferraris mostly. I told him about the site and said it was a good starting point to find his own VX. That guy had that goofy smile we all get when we look at our VX's. I bet he is looking to buy one now.

rowhard
05/27/2009, 09:54 PM
I bet he is looking to buy one now.

Bet he will never thing about a Ferrari again

VX KAT
05/27/2009, 10:06 PM
Living in a a smaller community of around 40k people way way spread out over 40 miles....with alot of them being retirees.....I don't get many comments:(

BUT, gasing up in Tuba City, AZ on the way home from Moab, OMG! this truck pulls in the station, towing a Jeep on a carrier....girl runs up to me and just falls apart about the VX, wants to know all about it. Two male companions get into discussion. They'd just been wheelin' in Moab in the Jeep and had seen the VXs somewhere on the trail. The gal said she "totally could see herself wheelin' one of these". She said they'd been following me for a while and followed me into the gas station to ask about the VX.

Funny part, I happened to mention the transfer case skid plate that Ldub put on for me, and the next thing I know she's laying on the ground, partly under my car (yeah, right next to the pumps!) checking out the skid plate! I'll bet we see her in a VX someday soon! :laugho:

OK, that made up for like only 2 comments in 5 months! :bgwp:

rowhard
05/27/2009, 10:26 PM
Sue, am happy that skid plate worked out for you and Larry made it work before the crunch. Do stop by some junk yard, oops, wrecking yard. Chance's are you will find the 2 other plates laying in the back of a trooper. Now, if someone can come up with a good affordable plate to cover the engine oil pan and they had a feather you know where we would both be tickled.:bgwg:

Ldub
05/28/2009, 03:13 AM
I was doin' my mop jockey thing tonight, when I looked out the window, there was an explorer parked next to Suzy. Two of the four occupants were out the truck & giving her the ocular once over, so I stopped da mop & just watched...:cool:

They were there for at least five minutes, looking in the windows, underneath at her "unmentionables" :mbrasd:, etc.,etc...:laughgray

I no longer feel the need to go out & educate...:rolleyesg

WormGod
05/28/2009, 07:28 AM
Funny.... people don't give a rat's !@# about the VX here. But that's ok.... the sentiment is shared when asked how I feel about THEM. ;)