PDA

View Full Version : VX Nirvana

Freon VX
07/24/2003, 09:44 PM
OK, it's warm, 9:30 pm, and your hopping in the VX to go for a spin down (your favorite strect of road here). No worries, no work the next day...what are your top 3 tunes, and where is your final destination to stop and reflect before turning back for home...

tiggergreen
07/25/2003, 01:13 AM
Top three tunes:

Girls on Film - Duran Duran
The Beat Goes On - Britney Spears
Xanadu - Olivia Newton-John & ELO

Favorite place to visit:

La Jolla Beach

hitnrun74
07/25/2003, 03:38 AM
Blood, sweat, and tears "when I die"
The doobie brothers "mississippi moon"
Soul Coughing "disseminated"

And I always end up at Country Kitchen for coffee. It may take until 3 am to get there, but that's usually where I end up.

johnnyapollo
07/25/2003, 04:04 AM
The Specials - "Ghost Town (Extended 12" version)"
The Stranglers - "Golden Brown"
The Clash - "London Calling"

No specific destination...the cell phone usually rings and it's time to turn around...

-- John

geshaw30
07/25/2003, 06:03 AM
War- Summer
Shaggy- That Girl
Anything where Bruce Hornsby is banging away on the ivory.
(Strange mix huh?)

Simply drive until I clear work outta my head...
________
THE CIGAR BOSS (http://thecigarboss.com/)

VXcaver
07/25/2003, 07:00 AM
Top three tunes:

Summer in Siam - Pogues
World Freak Show (Or anything by) - The Levellers
Anything by Bob Marley

Favorite place to visit:

There's a lot of private desert around here, but the tailings of the Glove Mine near Tubac are kind of magical at sunset.

WormGod
07/25/2003, 07:45 AM
Born Slippy - Underworld
Jane Says - Jane's Addiction
Pyramid Song - Radiohead

You know, this is an evil question, cause I could drive for hours and hours JUST to hear ALL the sings I want to hear. ;)

PS- Having that insane sound system with high wattage and heavy subs makes it all that much better. Ah.... the life.... :D

edyavno
07/25/2003, 08:04 AM
It definitely depends on the mood I'm in, but here are the top 3 overall (probably a bit rougher than other stuff here):

1. Rage Against The Machine - Wake Up
2. Weezer - Hash Pipe
3. Sublime - Santeria

Destination: some kick-***** technical mountain bike trail, such as this one (closest to me) (http://www.visionmtb.com/stillwelltrail.php).

IsuZOOM
07/25/2003, 08:17 AM
I'll have to list three fave albums:

1) Beatles - The Beatles
2) Kevin Gilbert - Thud
3) Counting Crows - August and Everything After

These 3 are always with me on every trip... great listening beginning to end! I like to drive east into no-man's-land and perch on some dirt hill on a soon-to-be-developed residential neighborhood. I did it the day I got my VX and it's a nice way to relax.

AnalogVX
07/25/2003, 08:59 AM
1) Filter-Under
2)Kid Rock-Cowboy
3)Areosmith-Mother Popcorn

It's not about the destination...it's about the journey. Doesn't matter where I'm going as long I'm driving.

AlaskaVX
07/25/2003, 10:40 AM
Well I listen to entire albums not just a song at a time so I can give you the top bands

Drive fast mix:
Megadeath
Pantera
Rage

Cruisin mode:
Modest Mouse
Pink Floyd
Hendrix

Tool, can be played anytime!

Favorite place to drive has to be the Old Glenn Highway, it hasn't been maintained for over 10 years so hardly anyone drives it and now there is a New Glenn Highway which makes the trip shorter. With the VX I can go 70-80 down this extremely bumpy, unmaintained road and if I catch someone they are normally going 40 and can pass them imediately, as I pass them all they see is "NASA" LOL! This is the same road you drive to go to the drag strip so that makes it that much cooler!

Panther_Black_VX
07/25/2003, 11:14 AM
Top Three Tunes:

Fast moving:
Feel Me Flow - Naughty By Nature
Losing My Mind - Tupac
Runited - Wu-Tang Clan

Smooth:
10 Years - Darius Rucker
I Think God Can Explain - Splender
I Wonder if Heaven Got a Ghetto - Tupac

One of my favorite places to drive :

West Side Highway, NYC

going south from the 125st right down to the Holland tunnel!

edyavno
07/25/2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Panther_Black_VX

Fast moving:
Smooth:

Chet, that's cheating!!! No categories! ;)

One of my favorite places to drive :
West Side Highway, NYC

Oh, com'n! It has traffic lights every other block. :) If you're willing to deal with traffic lights you gotta try Broadway, from Columbus Cirlce, through the entire city, all the way down to Battery Park downtown. The best way to check out most of New York in one short drive.

Freon VX
07/25/2003, 04:27 PM
wow, Its cool to see all these responses! Alaska looks like you and I have the closest taste, as I never would have guessed ANYONE would say Modest Mouse.

My Top 3

any given day...

New Orleans is Sinking...The Tragically Hip
Mountain Song...Janes Addiction
Plastic Flowers On The Highway...Drive By Trckers

Give me an old dirt road that goes on for miles by farmstands, and fields, and then some small town where I can stop and get a soda and some sandwiches. A tent, and an old blanket, and of course my wife, and I'll be doing just fine.

Joe_Black
07/25/2003, 04:31 PM
I love these kind of questions until I realize just how impossible they are for me to answer! If you knew how much music I have and how broad the selection is... so I'll just go with some faves from the current "Road Disc" that's in the changer:

Zankoku na Tenshi no Te-ze - Takahashi Yoko (from Neon Genesis Evangelion)
Supernaut - 1000 Homo DJ's
She Sells Sanctuary - The Cult

And I love the long non-eventful run down Hwy-17 to our land in Fort Meade where we're about to build a monolithic dome home. 41.5 beautiful acres of this: http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=2186&size=big&papass=&sort=1

Jolly Roger VX'er
07/25/2003, 04:46 PM
1) "In the Air Tonight" Phil Collins

2) "Magic Carpet Ride" Steppenwolf

3) "Life is a Highway" Tom Cochrane

***Also like to listen to tunes from the original "Matrix" Motion Picture Soundtrack...marilyn mansion, rob zombie, etc.....

Favorite Place to go locally is the Lucky Drag City Dragstrip on Sundays located in Lowellville, PA. Scenic drive through the country before getting there....great tune time!

Also Presque Isle Peninsula...sort of a mini-Florida at the Northwestern tip of PA...jutting out into the Great Lake Erie...lots of beaches and inline skate/bike/walking trails. Picnic areas too!

AlaskaVX
07/25/2003, 05:18 PM
I didn't think anyone here would know who they were either! (We Rock! :cool!: )

Panther_Black_VX
07/25/2003, 07:46 PM
West Side Highway NYC:
Oh, com'n! It has traffic lights every other block.
I like the lights.!! Gives you time to look around. Jersey to the right, city to the left, Intrepid, Chelsea pier, West Side park.... What's not to like? ;)

We should put gather all the responses and make VX compilation CDs. One with the fast song and anther with "crusin" ones..

It would be a VERY interesting and eclectic collection....

Heraclid
07/25/2003, 07:48 PM
When I get ready to start it up and turn on/set different things... Airwolf TV theme :-)

Hmmm... just three? I'll go with this:

Whisper
Evanescence

The Road I'm On
Three Doors Down

Open Invitation (I Hate You Bin Laden)
Jackyl

Some other faves:

American Badass
Kid Rock

Last of the Mohicans theme
Last of the Mohicans soundtrack

Walk This Way ('99 MTV Awards)
Aerosmith with Run DMC and Kid Rock

Come Out And Play
Offspring

Smooth Criminal
Alien Ant Farm

Iraq And I Roll
Clint Black

The Gods Made Heavy Metal
Man-O-War

Dueling Bagpipes
Irish Chieftains

Scotland The Brave (Scottish National Anthem)
Celtic Bagpipes

Forever
Kid Rock

New York's Not My Home
Kid Rock

Pour Some Sugar (On Me)
Def Leppard

Nothing like a little hometown Lynyrd Skynyrd or Limp Bizkit from time to time too, especially crossing the downtown Mathews Bridge with Limp singing...

"redneck f****r from Jacksonville... take 'em to the Mathews Bridge!" (with drum beat imitating sound of driving across bridge)

Fave local drives would probably be US-1 to Butler Blvd. and out to the beach, picking up A1A south to Vilano Beach, right by the seaside castle we were married in, and on to St. Augustine.

The curves and elevation changes of I-77 through West Virginia either way would be a blast. Most anywhere in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park area (NC/TN).

Absolute best scenic drive I could possibly imagine would be getting my VX across the pond and doing the road to Hana (Highway 360 , Maui, Hawaii. Have done it in a Jeep, would like to in the VX. Curviest road EVER, hugs the coast (long way down), GORGEOUS scenic drive.

Same goes for Waimea Canyon Road (Highway 550) on Kauai (the VX was MADE for this road) and Maui's Haleakala Highway up the Haleakala Volcano to the summit and back down (VX is also BORN for this, the steepest road in the USA). Looking down into the crater is like looking at the surface of the moon, and I could just picture the VX right at home in there. :-)

"The gods made heavy metal, and they saw that it was good - they said to play it louder than hell, we promised that we would..." - Man-O-War

AnalogVX
07/25/2003, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Panther_Black_VX

We should put gather all the responses and make VX compilation CDs. One with the fast song and anther with "crusin" ones..

It would be a VERY interesting and eclectic collection....

That would be way cool! Just wish I wasn't so d@mn paranoid about Kazzaa now.

yal^
07/25/2003, 09:30 PM
Disturbed - Prayer
Metallica - anything
Candlebox - you
Tool - anything

(...)

places? there is a few... :p

Freon VX
07/26/2003, 09:28 AM
ILL take on the CD project. If everyone will email me 2 of their songs, I will mix it and burn it and put it into a nice case and mail them to everybody that gets involved. I'll pick up the costs too, all you have to do is eamil your tunes, or, if thats a problem, let me know what they are, as I have about 1800 CD's, I may just have it. Anyway, email them as MP3's to b2267@aol.com, Please send your name online name, your real name, your vehicle number, and your address. I will not give any of this info out, of course.

This will be cool.

Bill

Heraclid
07/26/2003, 04:22 PM
I think it's a great idea! If we get duplicates someone will have to resubmit one of theirs, though. And it would be cool to know who submitted what. I hope we get some takers on this, 'cause I just found a killer track for this. :-)

AnalogVX
07/26/2003, 08:34 PM
That is way too cool!:D

Freon VX
07/27/2003, 12:35 AM
Just got the first 2 songs in from Panther_black (Thanks Chet). Cool, lets get them all in by weeks end, and Ill have the CD's ready to send back out by the 15th of August! If you have ONE photo you want to send, Ill collage them in the jewel case booklet. ONE photo only please.

Bill

ScottinMA
07/27/2003, 05:25 AM
U2 "Beautiful day"
Tom Petty "Learning to Fly"
Dave Mathews "Crash"

Scott (I think I might just go our for a ride now)

Moncha
07/27/2003, 06:55 AM
This is a very good idea.. I'll be sending my files as soon as I can get them over to mp3 and a photo too.
Thank youvery much for the wonderful offer!

Freon VX
07/27/2003, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by ScottinMA
U2 "Beautiful day"
Tom Petty "Learning to Fly"
Dave Mathews "Crash"

Scott (I think I might just go our for a ride now)

Scott,

I have the U2 and Crash. Send me your info, no need to rip the songs...

Bill

Heraclid
07/27/2003, 10:14 AM
What kind of picture? Of my ride, me, both?

Lots of songs I could send ya, but I'm trying to tailor these to the subject a little bit too - I'll send the two songs as soon as I decide on the second one. Thanks!

ScottinMA
07/27/2003, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Freon VX
Scott,

I have the U2 and Crash. Send me your info, no need to rip the songs...

Bill

Thanks Bill and this project you've taken on is really nice of you! No need to burn a CD for me. I'm making a hobby out of creating driving tune mixes. It would be nice to put a label of my VX on a CD sometime. Now you've got me motived :)

Scott

Heraclid
07/27/2003, 04:51 PM
Just sent mine in, let me know if there's a problem. Thanks!

BlackVX
07/28/2003, 10:22 AM
1- Old Genesis - Foxtrot - Supper's Ready
2- Radiohead - Fake Plastic Trees
3- Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody

johnnyapollo
07/28/2003, 01:19 PM
Sent two files in today (2 emails).

-- John

AlaskaVX
07/29/2003, 03:53 PM
Man I can't believe I forgot these two:
Ironman- Black Sabbath
Smash (the song with the saying "Drivers are rude, such attitude, that when I show'm my piece, complains theres something wrong, feel like I'm god, you stupid, dumb**** god damn mother ******!") - Offspring
That has to be the ultimate driving song.
Another cool song called "Ode to Ottis" or something like that, its an opera song, but its more like my theme song, you can play it when anything cool is about to happen (shooting fireworks, taking a jump, saying "Vehicross arriving") and it makes it soooooo much cooler! You really got to hear it, I could almost just walk around with a boombox on my shoulder and blast this song whenever it seems fun!

I can't send you files since I don't download them, but if you find that opera song, I will send you some money to get that shipped up here! One of my freinds has it on a soundtrack, and I love the song just can't remember what soundtrack or the "for sure" name of the song.

webdog
07/29/2003, 10:42 PM
Three tunes would not get me to the southern Oregon coast for the sunrise, but I would start with.......................

Led Zeppelin....Stairway to Heaven

Jimi Hendrix......All Along The Watchtower

Taj Mahal..........Take a Giant Step

............and then some more drivin rock!:D

Lisa K
07/30/2003, 09:32 AM
Top three CDs:

1. BocaNada --Gustavo Cerati
2. Siempre es Hoy --Gustavo Cerati
3. Kinky --Kinky

Destination: Sequoias (CA) Windows down, music cranked, shades and a smoke
Aaaaaahhhhhh......

Daver
07/30/2003, 02:59 PM
For cruising and meditating after work:
Eagles: Hell Freezes Over
Nirvana: Unplugged in New York
Kazu Matsui: Tribal Mozart

For driving to work in the morning:
Anthrax: Sound of White Noise
Pantera: Far Beyond Driven
Metallica: Kill 'Em All

Favorite place to end up is Vista Point on Skyline Blvd just north of Page Mill Rd on the SFBay peninsula. Just don't end up there as often as I used to. :)

-Daver

Triathlete
07/31/2003, 11:28 AM
Here are three of my current faves...this list could change weekly for me, but right now this works!
Pissing Razors....justice denied
Killswitch Engage....my last serenade
Snot...joy ride

When driving the VX is there really any need for slow , mellow music?;eeky; ;Dy; ;eeky; ;Dy;

AlaskaVX
07/31/2003, 12:06 PM
Just remembered that the opera song I was talking about is in the movie Jackass. Its the song when they a cruising down the street in the shopping basket. It's not on the soundtrack, but it's in the movie.