PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to our service men and women...

technocoy
05/24/2009, 10:13 AM
Just wanted to take a minute as I enjoy this beautiful and relaxing weekend to thank all the men and women who are fighting, fought or have died for our right to do so without a second thought.

While we may not always agree with the principles or politics of the moment - these fine people put themselves at risk of death to defend and bring honor to this country in which we live.

I wish that there were an existence with no war, no dictators, no genocide and no tyranny, but until there is we have to be vigilant and sometimes fight. It's not something that a veteran takes lightly though they are sometimes accused of doing so. I like to think think that on this holiday at least that people across the country can put aside their political positions and see the true costs of winning and keeping our freedom and our right to disagree and dissent.

Thank you Marines. Thank you Army. Thank you Navy. Thank you Air Force. Thank you Gaurd.

I hope those of you who are home are enjoying what you have fought for and those of you away make it home soon to do so yourselves.

A personal shout-out to my friend and Mark who is somewhere in the hills of Afghanistan and Sam who is on his 4th tour in Iraq.

Cheers,
David

pbkid
05/24/2009, 10:34 AM
well put...:thumbup:

shout out to my best friend kyle who is in iraq

Ldub
05/24/2009, 11:10 AM
Just wanted to take a minute as I enjoy this beautiful and relaxing weekend to thank all the men and women who are fighting, fought or have died for our right to do so without a second thought.

While we may not always agree with the principles or politics of the moment - these fine people put themselves at risk of death to defend and bring honor to this country in which we live.

I wish that there were an existence with no war, no dictators, no genocide and no tyranny, but until there is we have to be vigilant and sometimes fight. It's not something that a veteran takes lightly though they are sometimes accused of doing so. I like to think think that on this holiday at least that people across the country can put aside their political positions and see the true costs of winning and keeping our freedom and our right to disagree and dissent.

Thank you Marines. Thank you Army. Thank you Navy. Thank you Air Force. Thank you Gaurd.

I hope those of you who are home are enjoying what you have fought for and those of you away make it home soon to do so yourselves.

Cheers,
David

Very well said indeed...I think we need an "I salute you" smilie...:thumbup:

Triathlete
05/24/2009, 11:50 AM
Thank you Tech!

Very well stated indeed!http://www.4x4wire.com/forums/images/graemlins/patriot.gif

fuzzy
05/24/2009, 01:00 PM
A big THANK YOU to those of you living down-range from those of us living the dream in "an undisclosed location in Southwest Asia" (where I'm fairly sure it hit 120 today with 90% humidity, but at least we didn't have incoming rounds).

don moore
05/24/2009, 03:19 PM
(salute)w/tears.

4X4 UFO
05/24/2009, 03:57 PM
Many, many thanks to all who serve so well. We are all indebted........

Randy

kodiak
05/24/2009, 04:25 PM
Well said! :thumbup:

A personal shout-out to my friend and Mark who is somewhere in the hills of Afghanistan and Sam who is on his 4th tour in Iraq.

Cheers,
David

ISCE
05/25/2009, 10:56 AM
Thank you all service men and women!

tomdietrying
05/25/2009, 11:24 AM
Well said indeed. A special thank you to all the sevice men and women, but especially those here on our board. THANK YOU!
Peace.
Tom

handeeman
05/25/2009, 11:57 AM

Cheers,
David
Reminds me of a story I heard recently. There was a Marine who after his second tour of Iraq decided to take some college courses to better himself. In one of his classes the Prof. was a self proclaimed atheist. At the start of his lecture he told the class he was going to prove God does not exist. The class fell silent and the Prof. loudly stated "God if you are real, you've got 15 minutes to knock me off this platform." He then continued with his lecture. Later he looked at his watch and said "God you've now got 5 minutes." With about 2 minutes left the Marine got up walked up to the Prof. and knocked him off the platform. When the Prof. regained his composure he asked "what did you do that for?" The Marine said "God is busy watching over all the men and women who have faught to give you the right to say stupid stuff like that." "So he sent me !" To all the vets, active or not, thank you.

Mark B
05/25/2009, 04:39 PM
Well said. God bless the USA