PDA

View Full Version : What I use on my cladding...

Triathlete
05/22/2009, 07:23 PM
During my trip to Moab I had several people ask what I used on my cladding since it collected almost no dirt/dust. I could not remember the exact name.
The product is Meguiars Natural Shine Vinyl and Rubber Protectant. It comes in a transparant red bottle. For best results use a lint free rag that is dampened with water and apply the Natural Shine to the rag...then rub into the cladding. I use it very infrequently. It lasts a long time. My cladding was still looking half way descent in Moab and I think the last time I used the stuff was at least 18 months ago!

LittleBeast
05/23/2009, 12:53 AM
pics or it didn't happen ;) lol...........

Pepino
05/23/2009, 01:32 AM
I use original armor all and i have gotten compliments from other members here on how good my cladding looks, its really dark and as far as i can notice no dirt or dust sticks on it. It works really good!

pbkid
05/23/2009, 03:39 PM
just wanted to add to this...

i use mothers back-to-black...it doesnt do very well in dirt...collects A LOT..

but i just washed it with the power washer and my cladding looks like new :thumbup:

Sprey
05/23/2009, 04:44 PM
just wanted to add to this...

i use mothers back-to-black...it doesnt do very well in dirt...collects A LOT..

but i just washed it with the power washer and my cladding looks like new :thumbup:

im using the same. shame it gets all like dusty soo fast :p but yea once you wash it down the cladding stays colored :P

handeeman
05/24/2009, 10:15 AM
I use miracle orrange. (www.miracleorrange.com). Great stuff for 14.95 a bottle. Mine's been on since Sept.08 I have enough left to do the VX at least one maybe two more times. It does not collect dust after it drys. I've used Armorall on a Nissan truck I used to own and after a while it turned milky and had to be reapplied also it showed a build-up after a while. M/O does not turn the cladding black, just a deep gray. I am very sorry I didn't do before pics. Now I'm waiting for it to need it again and I'll do before and after pics. I have now met the guy who developed it (and has a patent). The reason it's name is orrange is because his last name is Orange. I think he kinda hurt his product by naming it that because of all the "orange" infomercials on TV.

Moncha
05/24/2009, 11:05 AM
I applied the sample bottle that handeeman sent me before Moab. I will be writing up a nice little comparison review in the next week or so. So far, I'm pretty happy with it.

vt_maverick
05/24/2009, 01:21 PM
I applied the sample bottle that handeeman sent me before Moab. I will be writing up a nice little comparison review in the next week or so. So far, I'm pretty happy with it.

Look forward to seeing it Moncha. My last B2B application was only a month ago and it already looks like crap. I've been considering the other product that some of the guys found (was it something Restorer I think?) but it'll be good to compare/contrast it with this orange stuff.