PDA

View Full Version : International VX Meet - Feeler Guage

Moncha
05/22/2009, 09:05 AM
Being I have read several posts suggesting this idea (I've thought about it for a very long time), I thought I would post it up to get an idea of what kind of support and attendance we would be getting.

Moab is a wonderful place to meet but, for the non-offroaders it is a turn off. So, I propose a meet of national (international?) proportions, in a central location (So the too far to drive rationale is removed from the equation), in a place allowing for a good sized event to take place without being exorbitantly expensive and a locale that is easy to get to.

First, we have to see if there would be support (if any) for such an idea. Then we would have to see if that support would stem into actual productive planning.

So, to start, I would like to ask everyone (Even the lurkers) to reply your thoughts on this proposal. I'm only after the beginning thoughts if the support for the idea would be there, not locations or other thoughts as of yet. So, hold those for a later follow-up posting. This will not happen anytime soon as there would be a tremendous amount of planning but, am thinking with in the next 2 years?

The poll closes at the end of June - Then the next stage will start

At the very least, answer the poll so we can see what kind of numbers we would likely expect. If not enough support, the idea goes to the trash can. ;)

tom4bren
05/22/2009, 09:24 AM
I'd love to meet at some central location. Of course, this is a big country so no matter where you hold it, there will be some that complain that it's too far.

I'm anxious to see where this leads.

Tom

Scott Harness
05/22/2009, 09:29 AM
I say Oklahoma City.It's dead center and only 2 1/2 hours from me!;)

Moncha
05/22/2009, 09:32 AM
NO locations as of yet, it will taint the interest survey

nocturnalVX
05/22/2009, 09:32 AM
I guess this is where being in Illinois comes in handy. Pretty much close to the center of the country, compared to the Coasts... I think a weekend meet where the VXers from all over the country could gather and show off their rides would be awesome! And I am not just saying this cause of the carnage :bwgy: . 20 VXes in Moab? Imagine what the turn out could be for an event like this. Hope it happens!

circmand
05/22/2009, 09:42 AM
I guess this is where being in Illinois comes in handy. Pretty much close to the center of the country, compared to the Coasts... I think a weekend meet where the VXers from all over the country could gather and show off their rides would be awesome! And I am not just saying this cause of the carnage :bwgy: . 20 VXes in Moab? Imagine what the turn out could be for an event like this. Hope it happens!

will not allow coastees to get there and spend time without taking vacation time on both ends of the weekend.

nocturnalVX
05/22/2009, 09:52 AM
I am not suggesting Illinois as a meeting place. I was just saying that living here lends itself to fairly easy road trips (except to the PNW). Like Harness said (also in a joking manner), it's nice to be located near the middle of this big country sometimes.

Cece says... "No it's not. Well unless it's Texas." Anyone out there not aware she's not fond of Chicago? :_snowplow

vt_maverick
05/22/2009, 09:59 AM
NO locations as of yet, it will taint the interest survey

C'mon Scott, you can't expect to put up a post suggesting what could be the largest event in the history of the VX and hope that people won't kick around ideas. :p

I don't think we should necessarily rule out a little offroading. I know for me (and I would bet for most others in the Midwest / East) it's not the offroading, but the sheer distance, that keeps us from Moab. We're going to want to do something besides chit-chat if we're driving all that way, so some light offroading, camping, or some other outdoor activity might still be a good idea.

I'm a maybe, solely dependent upon distance. But great idea either way! :thumbup:

vt_maverick
05/22/2009, 10:01 AM
Memphis maybe?

JAMAS
05/22/2009, 10:02 AM
There is an Isuzu parts place here in Cincinnati, Oh.

Not making any suggestions, just stating fact.:)

JAMAS
05/22/2009, 10:04 AM
Maybe we need to get the member map updated and then do some plotting to see where the true central location would be.

MEMBER MAP (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=13998)

Scott Harness
05/22/2009, 10:15 AM
I say Oklahoma City.It's dead center and only 2 1/2 hours from me!;)

Yes, I'm joking. See the winking smiley face

MSHardeman
05/22/2009, 10:20 AM
Scott, this could be an epic VX event and even though I don't want to put any miles on Vicki I would TOTALLY drive to this (with in reason) just to be part of it. Also, I like your "No" option for the voting. Is Ed sneaking in there?

Jamas, great idea to drag the member map out. If we could get more member to sign on to it would could really get a feel for where everyone is.

nfpgasmask
05/22/2009, 11:29 AM
IMO, this is a great idea. HOWEVER (there's always a 'however'), a "central" location does not really change things much, imho. Its basically a 12 hour drive from Reno to Moab. I know for several folks its even longer. But I would say, for a VX meet, that is about my limit. That is why I was thinking of regional meet ups. The PCA (Porsche Club) does it this way. They have regions and regional presidents and regional schedules and all that. Now, of course the PCA is a way bigger organization, but you see what I mean. I think we have the potential to get that organized on here. And personally, I think it would be helpful (and cool) to involve the whole Isuzu crowd. That way we have more people, and more fun. That said, I know there is simply nothing like a 22 long VX line-up! :cool!:

One of the things about Moab that rocks, is that it is Moab. Its a VERY attractive location, even if you are not going wheeling. If you look at a map of the US and choose a 'central' location, we are talking someplace like Oklahoma City. Now, no offense to anyone who lives there or anything, but there ain't no way I'm driving to Oklahoma for ANYTHING short of a briefcase full of enough cash that I can retire at 33.

So my vote was definitely on 'maybe'. Personally, I think we could come up with 4 different regular locations in each time zone. We could set annual dates, and hold events at those locations every year. Of course, all VXers from all areas would be welcome at all events. For a lot of us, we might be able to attend several regional events. For example, I could make Moab and the Mammoth Lakes event. Gill and CeCe could make a Louisville and Denver event, etc.

Another thing to consider (and I know a lot of you will scoff at the notion), is that many of our VXes are getting up there. I personally just 'retired' mine from being my daily driver to keep the miles off. I do not want to drive my VX to death. That is what my new Trooper is for!! :p

Anyway, just my 2 cents.

Happy Friday!! :rotate:

Bart

nfpgasmask
05/22/2009, 11:30 AM
Cece says... "No it's not. Well unless it's Texas." Anyone out there not aware she's not fond of Chicago? :_snowplow

:laughing: Can you blame the girl? It's not like she came from a place WORSE than Chiacgo! :rolleyes:

Bart

ScottinMA
05/22/2009, 11:35 AM
IMO, this is a great idea. HOWEVER (there's always a 'however'), a "central" location does not really change things much, imho. Its basically a 12 hour drive from Reno to Moab. I know for several folks its even longer. But I would say, for a VX meet, that is about my limit. That is why I was thinking of regional meet ups.

yea..what Bart said.

VXIRONwoMAN
05/22/2009, 11:53 AM
:laughing: Can you blame the girl? It's not like she came from a place WORSE than Chiacgo! :rolleyes:

Bart

Winter where I am from...:cool:

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/NP.jpg

Winter where I am...:eek:

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/Ewe.jpg

Why am I here again???

Don't mean to thread highjack... they started it!

But count me in for the meet. Depending on the time of year and it's location of course... :p

vt_maverick
05/22/2009, 12:04 PM
You can look at the high mileage argument in two ways though. If we look at this as a one-time "try-to-get-as-many-people-as-possible-together" event, there's no better time to do it than ASAP because of the increasingly higher mileage on our VX's.

Otherwise, I agree that the regional set-up is the way to go, though I would argue that we're already doing that, albeit informally.

taylorRichie
05/22/2009, 12:06 PM
but...

I don't think I could drive my VX across country... I'm lucky moab is so close cause I don't think I'd make it there if it was 10+ hours away...

It's funny 'cause I'd probably fly out to a VX meet... but then it'd kind of defeat the purpose :) I almost drove my motorcycle down to Moab during the VX run, just so I could say hi... then I realized that would be kind of weird too.

Moncha
05/22/2009, 12:16 PM
I understand the regional idea and we have been doing that for years as vt_maverick pointed out. The bad point from my perspective is that very few eastcoasters get to meet westcoasters and even if the eastcoasters go to a midwest meet they will still not meet the westcoasters and vice versa. I wasn't trying to make this into an annual thing but more of a one time, say "10 year celebration of the VX" albeit not exactly. there's no harm in seeing if it could, would or should be possible. I'm the first to say I don't want to put any miles on my VX (we just went over 36k this last trip) but for a maybe one time event, if I had to I'd get it there.

PittVXr
05/22/2009, 12:29 PM
I like the idea of a big national meet. Maybe not a yearly thing but every 5 or so??? No matter where it would be held, I can't wait to see the looks on all of the local's faces when a fleet of VehiCROSS invade their town! ;Db;

Gussie2000
05/22/2009, 01:05 PM
I understand the regional idea and we have been doing that for years as vt_maverick pointed out. The bad point from my perspective is that very few eastcoasters get to meet westcoasters and even if the eastcoasters go to a midwest meet they will still not meet the westcoasters and vice versa. I wasn't trying to make this into an annual thing but more of a one time, say "10 year celebration of the VX" albeit not exactly. there's no harm in seeing if it could, would or should be possible. I'm the first to say I don't want to put any miles on my VX (we just went over 36k this last trip) but for a maybe one time event, if I had to I'd get it there.

Hi guys !
I must agree on a 100 % that a meet of this magnitude do worth a couple of 2K on the odo,none of us like the idea of adding mileage on the VX including my self,but for an event like this we all can put the mileage issue behind us & do as i always say: let's just get out there.
The ride don't have to be bored & lonely,you can catch up with other VX'ers along the way and support each other in the event of an mechanical breakdown,etc

Kenny
05/22/2009, 01:05 PM
Scott, please change that heading to INTERNATIONAL MEET.:yes:

I'll drive ANY distance, the road trip is half the fun.

Gussie2000
05/22/2009, 01:12 PM
Scott, please change that heading to INTERNATIONAL MEET.:yes:

I'll drive ANY distance, the road trip is half the fun.

Thank you !

nfpgasmask
05/22/2009, 02:00 PM

Good points, Scott. I think a global meet every 4 or 5 years would be awesome. If we do go this route, I think it would be best with an 18 month warning. I know I'm speaking for myself here, but my vacation time is shot for the year already. So for a situation like this to work well for everyone, I think scheduling it far in advance would increase the odds. I would hate to find out about something like this with only a few months to plan for it.

And back to the regional idea, true, we already kinda do this informally. But I think it would be cool to have some sort of "Moab like" meets annually in a few different areas around the country. I think meeting only once a year kinda sucks. :_wtf: It would be awesome if we could have some larger get-togethers 2 or 3 or 4 times a year. :D

Bart

LittleBeast
05/22/2009, 07:35 PM
In the track and field world we have these types of meetings at the Olympic training center over breaks that most people already have off. Or after the competitive season is over in Cancun ;)

What about the days between Christmas and New Years? Like Dec 31(thurs) 2009 -Jan 3(sun) 2010, or Dec 30(thurs) 2010 - Jan 2(sunday) 2011? I would say near a large city as well so we have lots of options as far as entertainment possibilities/events :)

etlsport
05/22/2009, 08:32 PM
id love to have a big VX showing towards the center of the country.. moab is so far away.. but every year i try to find a way.. maybe once i graduate

navistar
05/22/2009, 10:08 PM
For a, maybe a once in a lifetime, VX event I would drive almost any distance. Moab doesn't attract me as an event because I don't like to get the VXs dusty. I live in the Kansas City area so am central to almost anywhere. For this mega-event I would drive VXI and get wifey to drive VXII. I'd have my own little convoy.

What about the possibility of some sponsorships and some media attention?

I'M IN!!!

snowtrooper1966
05/22/2009, 10:23 PM
Little regional convoys to the mother of all VX events would be pretty awesome!
Count me in!!!!!
Best,

Ldub
05/22/2009, 10:45 PM
In the track and field world we have these types of meetings at the Olympic training center over breaks that most people already have off. Or after the competitive season is over in Cancun ;)

What about the days between Christmas and New Years? Like Dec 31(thurs) 2009 -Jan 3(sun) 2010, or Dec 30(thurs) 2010 - Jan 2(sunday) 2011? I would say near a large city as well so we have lots of options as far as entertainment possibilities/events :)

Gotta disagree with winter dates for sure...maybe where you live, driving long distances is fun in the middle of winter, but not where I come from...:smilewink

Also, if the loca is central, winter will be in effect, negating the "looking at each others rides" portion of the program, as well as any potential for trail rides.

Another thing you may have noticed in years past...most folks are kinda BUSY around the holidays...

Other than that...COUNT ME IN!...:thumbup:

Pepino
05/23/2009, 01:29 AM
Gotta disagree with winter dates for sure...maybe where you live, driving long distances is fun in the middle of winter, but not where I come from...:smilewink

Also, if the loca is central, winter will be in effect, negating the "looking at each others rides" portion of the program, as well as any potential for trail rides.

Another thing you may have noticed in years past...most folks are kinda BUSY around the holidays...

Other than that...COUNT ME IN!...:thumbup:

Ya the only reason i couldnt make it to Moab is because i have finals that week. But if it is going to be during some kind of break like winter break i probably wont make it because i go back to Mexico every break to see my family, if it ends up being some other date than a break or final exams week then i am in for sure no matter where it is.

don moore
05/23/2009, 09:12 AM
I think a GREAT MEET would be great..we could have our own show and shine.....summer time is the best.

workmeistr
05/23/2009, 11:20 AM
I'm definitely in. The longer the lead time the better.

Maintenance begets trouble-free mileage.
I drove the VX across country and half way back this last Winter/Spring.
Any vehicle driven will have issues. There's no real fear of stranded motorist with cell phone technology.
'Just drive and live.
I put money away in a 'oh crap' fund, monthly like I'm paying a small car payment. This is better than a fraudulent extended car warranty, IMHO.

If we get the map right, the farther drivers will be passing by the closer drivers, and mini link-ups could be made for convoying and expedient minor maintenance.

Land Rover club members used to have such a map that I used to my benefit once, as I broke down in my '72 88" Short Wheel Base driving from Georgia to Kansas. I broke an exhaust manifold stud outside of Kansas City and I called a member on the map, there. I had printed out members that were enroute on my trip. I performed a make-shift repair in their garage and spent the day chatting and eating.

Though, such a map would only be useful if members here weren't somewhat inhibited to post their phone numbers in their profiles, signatures, or for a future interactive VX member map. 'Just an observation.

Moncha, you're on to something, here. One other suggestion is to have maintenance/mod sessions. Maybe not a window-fixing party, per say, but if one member had the knowledge and parts and wants to display a repair/mod, he/she produces a how-to paper and demonstrates the repair/mod on his vehicle or someone elses. This would also boost up the unrealized potential of the VX.info how-to section, get members who are maybe nervous about doing certain maintenance (oil/diff fluid change, transmission service/flush), or mod (like me and the rear door popper), and further be a good activity for those who don't wish to offroad.

OK, that's enough from me...

Moncha
05/23/2009, 12:58 PM
So far, so good. We beat the idea around a few years ago and it came to a dead stop. No interest at all. Now that we have evolved into such a tight knit group the tides seemed to have changed.

Future steps towards planning will be time, location, events/activities, sponsors/advertising, etc..

This will be a long planning process so once a time frame gets firmed up, it would still be at least 18 months out. The biggest point of this post was to get the cogs a cranking and the juices flowing.

Kenny, you got it 'eh. :) It's now an international event. Actually, I'd love to see folks from all corners of the earth show up.

Thanks for the responses so far!

PK
05/23/2009, 05:47 PM
What a great idea guys and gals.
What about including a buy and/or swap stand.
Could be anything from wiper blades to a complete vehicle.
Merlin, or one of your after market store chains could have a stand to sell their range of parts.
Perhaps a small commission off the sale of parts could go to offest some of the setup costs.

It would give me the excuse I am looking for, to visit your great country.
I could fly in direct for just the meet, or even better, hook up with someone traveliing a long distance by themselves, so that they have company, and I get to see some country side.

Barring death or disablement, I am in.

PK

pbkid
05/23/2009, 07:05 PM
pk- im POSTIVE you could find a shotgun spot with someone along the way...the fam here in the US is great...

moncha-
great idea...im in...

dont care how far i have to drive or what it costs me. i didnt buy the VX because its a cheap vehicle. i bought it for the experiences i could have in it, and this would be an awesome one.

maybe someone could get in contact with some car magazines and see what they think of it. a meet of this proportion with such a rare vehicle would have to spark some interest...

PittVXr
05/24/2009, 07:37 PM
maybe someone could get in contact with some car magazines and see what they think of it. a meet of this proportion with such a rare vehicle would have to spark some interest...

Good idea. I'd think someone would be interested in covering a large scale VX meet. If anything it would let them see what kind of folks actually choose to drive these things!:)

djvx
05/24/2009, 10:02 PM
The 95th,100th,and the recent 105TH--these are all HarleyDavidson Reunions. They are Giant monumental undertakings. They all come here -to Milwaukee WI hence there birthplace and corporate headquarters. I don't think we all want to go to Japan do we? I think the closest thing we got is this website. Our "mother ship" is Moncha's Internet server. Not much of a destination. Maybe we go to Merlin's dealership. Kinda centrally located and they'd probly welcome the exposure. Or Vegas?

VX-157
05/27/2009, 08:17 PM
What a great idea guys and gals.
What about including a buy and/or swap stand.
Could be anything from wiper blades to a complete vehicle.
Merlin, or one of your after market store chains could have a stand to sell their range of parts.
Perhaps a small commission off the sale of parts could go to offest some of the setup costs.

It would give me the excuse I am looking for, to visit your great country.
I could fly in direct for just the meet, or even better, hook up with someone traveliing a long distance by themselves, so that they have company, and I get to see some country side.

Barring death or disablement, I am in.

PK

Hey PK, if this does go ahead and i can afford the time off would you like to travel together? we should hire a car and show the US people which side of the ride is the proper side :cool:

rowhard
05/27/2009, 08:36 PM
Sorry, I think it is a pipe dream. If we lived in a country like the UK where 400 miles you have driven across the country is one thing, but here,.....

uncle_asa
05/27/2009, 08:45 PM
Not sure if I'll be able to visit US for the meet, but I can get together Moscow and surrounding area VXers at the same date, and can ask others to get together in their areas (unfortunately, the driving from one end of the country to another can take up to two weeks in one direction :)).

Jolly Roger VX'er
05/27/2009, 09:19 PM
I like the idea of a big national meet. Maybe not a yearly thing but every 5 or so??? No matter where it would be held, I can't wait to see the looks on all of the local's faces when a fleet of VehiCROSS invade their town! ;Db;

and this is why I nominate Mars, PA...:):):):):):) "Mission 2 Mars!" :p:p:p

don moore
05/27/2009, 09:20 PM
Hell lets just fly our VXs to Moscow.. and have it there....:p

PK
05/27/2009, 10:49 PM
Hey PK, if this does go ahead and i can afford the time off would you like to travel together? we should hire a car and show the US people which side of the ride is the proper side :cool:

Hi Hetzer, certainly worth considering.
I put the heat on the missus to go along, and her comment was "you want to go where........ to look at what........

Of course I knew the answer before I asked the question, at least now she can't say I didn't ask!!!

Lets see what they get going and then we can talk.

PK

nfpgasmask
05/28/2009, 08:31 AM

LOL, I'm about to find out. My Falcon docked in Portland yesterday!

:) Bart

Gussie2000
05/28/2009, 09:21 AM
I've been carefully reading this thread & it seems that a international meet is all possible only & when ALL vx'ers are eager to drive the distance;To me the ride is just part of the fun + our rigs are proven they can handle the journey without any hesitation.
I'm deffinetly in for such event.convoying is a great idea & i strongly encourage every body to do so,the ride is way much fun.
If we looking for media attention on this meet i guess a VX'er or a friend who works in the field can highlight the path by contacting automobile magazines,TV & radio.
We must assume that not all VX'ers would attend but if we get 60% of them out there call it a success
Driving across the country is never a bad investment,we rather spent 6K for three nights & four days on a ferry through the caribean instead of living, experiencing & enjoying all the multiple locations & variety of options the US offers for much less.
But there's a group fellow members that has concerns about adding extra mileage on their rigs.
My question is how much can the VX get hurt by just addind 1K on the odo in less then a week,i wonder why is that a big concern to think about,sooner o later our VX's will hit that number.
Then we got those members whom seems to get bored drinving 5 or 6 hours,again....we all bought our VX's because is "FUN" to drive so 5 or 6 hours behind the wheel of our beloved toys can't be bored.

nfpgasmask
05/28/2009, 09:37 AM
Personally, I brought up the mileage issue because I know some people are sensitive about that.

While I have no plans to put daily driver mileage on my VX going forward, a few thousand miles for a worthy event is absolutely ok.

I definitely like some of the ideas I'm hearing. Tech sessions, media coverage, etc. It all sounds interesting. A big VX concours show & tell would be awesome. Even if there is no off-roading involved I think it would still be fun. And who knows, depending on where it takes place and for how long, who's to say we couldn't have a little wheeling event as well as some street type events?

The photos alone would be worth the drive! :thumbup:

Bart

erland
05/28/2009, 10:26 AM
I am a "lurker" and am willing to go half way accross country for a meet. I refuse to go to Utah due to bad luck with the VX in that state, ie blown motor and accident in Salt Lake was without the VX for 6 months between to two. Vegas sounds awsome lots of entertainment and areas to 4x4.

drdirt
05/28/2009, 01:40 PM
i like Memphis...next to the muddy Mississippi:cool:

tomdietrying
05/28/2009, 05:52 PM
Hmmmmmmmmm......I'm not sure, but I think you are supposed to have at least 15 post to make a request like that.:)
Peace.
Tom

Gussie2000
05/28/2009, 07:15 PM
Memphis isn't a good spot,the best state to held this meet is kansas,if you guys look at a US map you'll figured out that kansas is located right in the middle of the country;From north to south & from west to east.

vt_maverick
05/28/2009, 07:43 PM
Memphis isn't a good spot,the best state to held this meet is kansas,if you guys at a US map you'll figured out that kansas is located right in the middle of the country;From north to south & from west to east.

Kansas is also flat as a pancake and nowhere near water - doesn't sound like a fun place to have a 4x4 event.

Gussie2000
05/28/2009, 07:50 PM
Kansas is also flat as a pancake and nowhere near water - doesn't sound like a fun place to have a 4x4 event.

The meet is not 4x4 or trail oriented,however isn't out the scoop.Got to remember many VX'ers aren't willing to do so

vt_maverick
05/28/2009, 08:02 PM
The meet is not 4x4 or trail oriented,however isn't out the scoop.Got to remember many VX'ers aren't willing to do so

Still... got to have something to do. What the heck is there to do in Kansas?

My apologies to any Kansas VX'ers out there - I have a feeling that I might have just offended an entire state of people. :o

tjh
05/28/2009, 08:12 PM
We must assume that not all VX'ers would attend but if we get 60% of them out there call it a success
OMG ! 60% :eek: What a sight that would be .Approx.2300 VX's. Count me in .

Central US sounds like a fair compromise . How about a mild month like September , not to hot not to cold?

Gussie2000
05/29/2009, 08:55 AM
OMG ! 60% :eek: What a sight that would be .Approx.2300 VX's. Count me in .

Yeah,I know sounds like a task harder then finding bin laden,I probably meant 60% of all active members

Central US sounds like a fair compromise . How about a mild month like September , not to hot not to cold?

September month seems doable.
Few members asked what kansas has to offer for a VX meet...well what about chasing tornados & dodging debries while counting how many cows,horses & pigs going airborne ?

nfpgasmask
05/29/2009, 09:05 AM
September month seems doable.
Few members asked what kansas has to offer for a VX meet...well what about chasing tornados & dodging debries while counting how many cows,horses & pigs going airborne ?

x2, that's the problem with "Central America". It's flat. It's boring. Bet we could get some good BBQ there though! ;)

Ahhh, what the hell. I say we meet in Reno and be done with it. :D

Bart

Gussie2000
05/29/2009, 09:14 AM
Still... got to have something to do. What the heck is there to do in Kansas?

My apologies to any Kansas VX'ers out there - I have a feeling that I might have just offended an entire state of people. :o

I guess the local VX'ers whom lives or used to live there can share some light concerning that

Gussie2000
05/29/2009, 09:21 AM
x2, that's the problem with "Central America". It's flat. It's boring. Bet we could get some good BBQ there though! ;)

Ahhh, what the hell. I say we meet in Reno and be done with it. :D

Bart

Ok so why don't you guys come over to NYC,we can "seize" downtown manhattan & take over broadway near times square & drop the wifies at macy's LOL

LittleBeast
05/29/2009, 10:48 AM
Ok so why don't you guys come over to NYC,we can "seize" downtown manhattan & take over broadway near times square & drop the wifies at macy's LOL

Nah I think the Dallas/Ft Worth area might be the coolest city remotely close to the central US, even though Houston is better in many categories, it is just a little too south ;)

Kenny
05/29/2009, 11:05 AM
I'm in for Vegas!:bwgr:
3600mile round trip.
With a stop in Moab on the way home!
Truthfully, I'm up for any location.

When we are nearing the max level of interest, we should then mass average the location of those attending. (ie. if it's heavy in the west, why not colorado? Heavy in the east: Kansas..)

Gussie2000
05/29/2009, 11:06 AM
Nah I think the Dallas/Ft Worth area might be the coolest city remotely close to the central US, even though Houston is better in many categories, it is just a little too south ;)

You silly littlebeast LOL

Gussie2000
05/29/2009, 11:32 AM
I'm in for Vegas!:bwgr:
3600mile round trip.
With a stop in Moab on the way home!
Truthfully, I'm up for any location.

When we are nearing the max level of interest, we should then mass average the location of those attending. (ie. if it's heavy in the west, why not colorado? Heavy in the east: Kansas..)
The key is discussing the right location so all attending members shall drive the same average time/distance;We all got to be clear about that topic.isn't fair at all that some members drives 400 miles & others drives 700,800 or more miles
2nd important topic is the sort of activities we get going,some trail is ok consirering that not all members are 4x4 or rock crawling fans so that matter has to be kept in consideration otherwise many members will not attend the meet.
3rd topic is the lenght of time out there since all members might not have the opportunity to remain with the rest of members all the scheduled days.
When all these stuff are arranged then we move foward by picking the right date,18 months is enough time to get all your stuff up & done by getting that week off & saving enough cash for the journey which i don't find hard to accomplish.
So for all the here serious guys let's get this up & rolling. The clock is ticking

vt_maverick
05/29/2009, 02:27 PM
http://ludb.clui.org/ex/i/KS3129/

LittleBeast
05/29/2009, 02:37 PM

Well, there we have it Smith County Kansas it is..... Looks like fun we can all hang out at Lebanon's very own "Hub Club", whatever in the world that is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geographic_Center_of_the_Contiguous_United_States

I can't wait to see what is inside the U.S. Center Chapel, you could put all kinds of things in there, just not many of them.

http://www.kansastravel.org/geographicalcenter.htm

But it looks like this all is changing now:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2007-03-22-nation-center_N.htm
In fact, scientists at the Geodetic Survey have stopped calculating "centers" due to the imprecise nature of the task. Oscar S. Adams, Senior Mathematician for the U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey, even wrote, "Since there is no definite way to locate such a point, it would be best to ignore it entirely...."

nfpgasmask
05/29/2009, 02:54 PM

19 hours away from Reno. :rolleyes:

Bart

LittleBeast
05/29/2009, 02:57 PM
19 hours away from Reno. :rolleyes:

Bart

12 hours from Houston and 23 hours from NYC..... :bwgy:

vt_maverick
05/29/2009, 06:17 PM
12 hours from Houston and 23 hours from NYC..... :bwgy:

There... Now we can all be equally miserable. ;)

Jolly Roger VX'er
05/29/2009, 09:38 PM
while I was out mowing today...this thread popped into my skull. Did alot of brainstorming.

In all seriousness... you're never going to find a "perfect" location that everybody will like. Even if you go dead-nuts, central U.S.; you'd be lucky to get a sufficient amount of Easterners to attend.

I kind of agree with Little Beast that Texas would probably be the best bet for a centralized meet. Would be good tie-in with Remembering Tone too.

Also thought a meet in Moncha's vicinity (AZ) would be appropriate to honor him for giving us this "friendship mobile" and perhaps after a day of meeting up & checking out our VX's...those that want to hit the trails can follow Triathlete's lead and those that don't can find other stuff to do...kind of like @ Moab when after the VX Run the smaller groups form-up and roll out to their own trails.

Me..personally, I'd vote for a meet up @ Area 51 in Nevada..right up to the fences that say they can shoot you if you go any further...where the Cammo Dudes can watch us checking out each other's rides...hopefully they send out a chopper to try and intimidate us away by "dusting" us...then we break up and head for Rachel, NV to the "Little A'Le'Inn" Lodging & Bar! After a nights stay...some could head to Vegas or Reno or even Moab!
http://www.littlealeinn.com/

http://www.rareads.com/scans/13914.jpg

Or...how about Roswell, NM :)

If you Westerners would be willing to travel to the East side of things...I can't recommend Vermont enough! I think you guys would have a blast all riding together up Mt Equinox. It's only like 3,848 feet high but it's like a spiral staircase in some spots with some scenic straight sections too. Got some pics I can post if anybody cares too see them.

If this was going to be an International Meet...maybe somewhere in Canada would be more condusive to a "global" turnout?

Also thought of: The BadLands...South Dakota; New Orleans...LA; Branson...MO; Sedona....AZ; Fargo....Nort Da-Kota :)

Gussie2000
05/29/2009, 10:07 PM
There... Now we can all be equally miserable. ;)

:eek: I may get the horse hauled by the amtrak train to get there :rolleyes:

Gussie2000
05/29/2009, 10:20 PM
while I was out mowing today...this thread popped into my skull. Did alot of brainstorming.

In all seriousness... you're never going to find a "perfect" location that everybody will like. Even if you go dead-nuts, central U.S.; you'd be lucky to get a sufficient amount of Easterners to attend.

I kind of agree with Little Beast that Texas would probably be the best bet for a centralized meet. Would be good tie-in with Remembering Tone too.

Also thought a meet in Moncha's vicinity (AZ) would be appropriate to honor him for giving us this "friendship mobile" and perhaps after a day of meeting up & checking out our VX's...those that want to hit the trails can follow Triathlete's lead and those that don't can find other stuff to do...kind of like @ Moab when after the VX Run the smaller groups form-up and roll out to their own trails.

Me..personally, I'd vote for a meet up @ Area 51 in Nevada..right up to the fences that say they can shoot you if you go any further...where the Cammo Dudes can watch us checking out each other's rides...hopefully they send out a chopper to try and intimidate us away by "dusting" us...then we break up and head for Rachel, NV to the "Little A'Le'Inn" Lodging & Bar! After a nights stay...some could head to Vegas or Reno or even Moab!
http://www.littlealeinn.com/

http://www.rareads.com/scans/13914.jpg

If you Westerners would be willing to travel to the East side of things...I can't recommend Vermont enough! I think you guys would have a blast all riding together up Mt Equinox. It's only like 3,848 feet high but it's like a spiral staircase in some spots with some scenic straight sections too. Got some pics I can post if anybody cares too see them.

If this was going to be an International Meet...maybe somewhere in Canada would be more condusive to a "global" turnout?

Also thought of: The BadLands...South Dakota; New Orleans...LA; Branson...MO; Sedona....AZ; Fargo....Nort Da-Kota :)

A good idea for the eastern VX'ers is to catch up on the way & convoy southbound.

For example,those members heading down from new england region such as maine,new hampshire,massachussets,rhode island & vermont meet up on their way with connecticut,new york,then new jersey,pennsylvannia,delaware & maryland,then those coming from the great lakes area such as wisconsin,michigan & ohio find indiana,illinois & kentucky VX'ers & so going.the ride shall be deffinetly a lot of fun.....was i dreaming or what :confused:

Ldub
05/29/2009, 10:24 PM

You must have a BIG lawn...:smilewink

I still like the Badlands area of SD for a meet loca...just not in August (Sturgis)

Fargo...probably not so much, You think KANSAS is flat?, we too have a large topography deficit...:sighwgray

vt_maverick
05/30/2009, 05:26 AM
Seems like the next step would be to post a location poll.

SomeBeach
05/30/2009, 06:14 AM
When I had my Starsky & Hutch Torino we all met in PA each year. I never went because I don't want to take a 30 year old car that far. But lots of guys did and what a sight. They even had Antonio Vargas show up to sign the trunks (at $250 per signature). I also was in an Impala SS club and we had local as well as national events. I have found the best people in the world are those who share a particular model vehicle.

Ldub
05/30/2009, 06:25 AM
I have found the best people in the world are those who share a particular model vehicle.

Yep...that's pretty much us in a nutshell...:yes:

Gussie2000
05/30/2009, 10:18 AM
Seems like the next step would be to post a location poll.

That's correct,lets choose few states & focus on which cities are most suitable.

That can narrow a lot this quest for the right location.

pbkid
05/30/2009, 08:24 PM
um...i know im a little late on this thread and this probably wont be regarded...

but...

what about colorado??? no one has suggested that yet.. everyone likes the idea of kansas except its boring...well...colorado is right next door ;)

we have PLENTY to do...for anyone who wants sight seeing, we have that...4 wheeling, we have that...large places to meet, we have that...central to the US, we have that...we have anything that any other state has, and more...

im not saying it because its home, but because we are central, and we have lots and lots and lots to do...i really dont give a rats @#$ how far i drive, i bought my VX to drive it!

;)

ps- its also very reasonably priced...our hotels are cheap, our dining and bars are cheap, events are cheap..

nfpgasmask
05/30/2009, 08:53 PM

THAT would be uber cool.

Bart

Gussie2000
05/30/2009, 10:04 PM
um...i know im a little late on this thread and this probably wont be regarded...

but...

what about colorado??? no one has suggested that yet.. everyone likes the idea of kansas except its boring...well...colorado is right next door ;)

we have PLENTY to do...for anyone who wants sight seeing, we have that...4 wheeling, we have that...large places to meet, we have that...central to the US, we have that...we have anything that any other state has, and more...

im not saying it because its home, but because we are central, and we have lots and lots and lots to do...i really dont give a rats @#$ how far i drive, i bought my VX to drive it!

;)

ps- its also very reasonably priced...our hotels are cheap, our dining and bars are cheap, events are cheap..

What about nebraska ? I think it's a good location too.

LittleBeast
05/30/2009, 10:34 PM

HAHA, um I am voting no on Nebraska, but Colorado or NM would be fine with me :)

Gussie2000
05/31/2009, 12:59 AM
HAHA, um I am voting no on Nebraska, but Colorado or NM would be fine with me :)

Are you asking me to drive 24 hours while you may drive 6 or 7 ?

I begin to believe that this ain't taking us no where.

vt_maverick
05/31/2009, 07:33 AM
Are you asking me to drive 24 hours while you may drive 6 or 7 ?

Is this not unavoidable? Some people are going to have to drive farther than others regardless, especially those in the "corners" of the US.

I would be up for Colorado. I love North Carolina and Virginia, but if I was ever to move someplace else, Colorado is tops on my list. I've been there several times over the past few years, and the kid is right, there's a LOT to do, both in summer and in winter, and both outdoors and in the city. Good ideas for a group photo shoot: downtown Denver, at the top of Pikes Peak (and the convoy going up), just below the summit of Mount Evans, parked across the Royal Gorge bridge... and the list goes on. Good point here is that you can do lots of outdoors stuff in Colorado that doesn't require taking the VX offroad, so that may be a good compromise for everyone.

It would be several hours further for me than Kansas, but it'd be worth it.

Gussie2000
05/31/2009, 07:51 AM
[quote=vt_maverick;160065]Is this not unavoidable? Some people are going to have to drive farther than others regardless, especially those in the "corners" of the US.

That's fact few Vx'ers may have to drive more then others,but isn't seems right to hold the meet in NM,CO,UT,AR or far into the southwest;

I stand for central US states (kansas,nebraska,iowa or missouri)

SomeBeach
05/31/2009, 08:05 AM

Nebraska.....HECK YES! We can do it in the fall and get in a Husker Football Game. GO HUSKERS!!!!

Gussie2000
05/31/2009, 08:15 AM
Nebraska.....HECK YES! We can do it in the fall and get in a Husker Football Game. GO HUSKERS!!!!

Here you go ! .......;)

SomeBeach
05/31/2009, 08:34 AM
I've been a Huker fan for 40 years but live in VA. I would love a reason to drive to Nebraska.

Cobrajet
05/31/2009, 09:02 AM
...at the top of Pikes Peak (and the convoy going up)Now that sounds like fun!

snowtrooper1966
05/31/2009, 12:03 PM
THAT would be uber cool.

Bart

^x2!
Colorado is a great choice too, not because it's closer, but because the state has a rural vibe, while maintaining a foothold in the modern world. Not my impression of states like Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa or Missouri.
No offense intended to denizens of those states, just my $2.
Best,

vt_maverick
05/31/2009, 08:24 PM
^x2!
Colorado is a great choice too, not because it's closer, but because the state has a rural vibe, while maintaining a foothold in the modern world. Not my impression of states like Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa or Missouri.
No offense intended to denizens of those states, just my $2.
Best,

Sounds like a very Californian thing to say, man. :p

I've been to Kansas City before and from what I remember (it was nearly 10 years ago now) there was a good bit to see and do. Seems like this thread has lacked for defensive midwesterner opinions. Is there anybody out there with a more local opinion?

vt_maverick
05/31/2009, 08:25 PM

No need to do that... just a 5 hour drive to Blacksburg for the VT-NU game. Let me know if you're headed up there and we'll tailgate. :cool:

vt_maverick
05/31/2009, 08:28 PM
Moncha - Suggest we start a location poll, but since you started the thread I think we ought to let you kick it off.

My initial suggestions for a location (in no particular order):

Denver, CO
Kansas City, MO
Memphis, TN
Dallas, TX
New Orleans, LA

Might be a good idea to have the voting open so we can get a feel for what destinations appeal to the widest geographic audience.

Gussie2000
05/31/2009, 09:10 PM
Moncha - Suggest we start a location poll, but since you started the thread I think we ought to let you kick it off.

Denver, CO
Kansas City, MO
Memphis, TN
Dallas, TX
New Orleans, LA

Might be a good idea to have the voting open so we can get a feel for what destinations appeal to the widest geographic audience.

Neither new orleans,dallas,memphis & denver would work,i pretty doubt any VX'er from washington,oregon,pa,ct,nj,de,ny,ma,vt,nh will travel to any of those cities except kansas.

don moore
05/31/2009, 09:39 PM
Eugen Oregon.. is my first pick.........lol..
whats wrong with Kansas??

snowtrooper1966
05/31/2009, 11:31 PM
Sounds like a very Californian thing to say, man. :p

Thank you!

Best,

Gussie2000
06/01/2009, 04:38 AM
Eugen Oregon.. is my first pick.........lol..
whats wrong with Kansas??

They saying kansas is bored,kind of flat pancake land,i told them we can chase some tornados over,that's a lot of fun :rolleyes:

My other option is nebraska,that state also offers a lot of locations to hold meet over there.

vt_maverick
06/01/2009, 06:49 AM
Neither new orleans,dallas,memphis & denver would work,i pretty doubt any VX'er from washington,oregon,pa,ct,nj,de,ny,ma,vt,nh will travel to any of those cities except kansas.

All the more reason to have a poll. Over 50 people responded that they'd be interested in doing this, so we need to get a consensus of more people than just the 3-4 of us who keep responding to this thread.

Moncha
06/01/2009, 06:55 AM
To be able to gather info from everyone that would, could, should be interested, This poll will close at the end of June. I wanted to make sure that folks that don't check in as often or are on vacation or... can have a chance to chime in. If this thread goes quiet for a period of time then I'll expedite the new poll for locations. Fair 'nuf?

nfpgasmask
06/01/2009, 09:42 AM

You know, I was thinking about this over the weekend, and Jack, I think this is the best suggestion yet. First off, yes, Colorado has a lot more to offer than say Kansas or Oklahoma. Second, while it isn't exactly "central" it is still pretty close. And most importantly, Colorado is where the Boss Man lives, and if anyone deserves to not have to travel far, it is Scott. Scott pretty much is the reason we are all still together on this forum, so it would only seem natural and fitting that this party gets hosted close to home for him. :thumbup:

AND, I have only been to Colorado once and I was like 8 years old and I would love to come and see some sights and a hundred VXes all in one place.

Bart

tom4bren
06/01/2009, 09:48 AM
Wifey has always talked of going to Colorado so I could prolly talk her into it even if it's a long haul. Has anyone mapped out any potential trails for off roading? That will probably knock a few of the candidates out (such as Memphis or 'Nyorlans').

pbkid
06/01/2009, 04:50 PM
Wifey has always talked of going to Colorado so I could prolly talk her into it even if it's a long haul. Has anyone mapped out any potential trails for off roading? That will probably knock a few of the candidates out (such as Memphis or 'Nyorlans').

if we decided colorado....dont worry, i will find us plenty to do...in all walks of life.

99VC
06/01/2009, 05:01 PM
My vote would be Colorado, beautiful state any time of the year. If it was set up for the fall the colors are second to none.....

PittVXr
06/01/2009, 08:49 PM

Denver, CO
Kansas City, MO
Memphis, TN
Dallas, TX
New Orleans, LA

I think Denver and KC are probably the two best centrally located cities in the continental U.S. to hold this shindig. If (I mean WHEN) this happens maybe we could alternate having the meetup between the two cities. That way some years the westerners will have the shorter drive and some years the Easterners would have the shorter drive.

Just to throw a monkey wrench into the whole thing: If you want to have my true vote for the best city in North America to gather, I would hands down go with Montreal QC, Canada. If you have been there you know what I mean. If you haven't, then you need to go. I also realize this is just a pipe dream for me!:sighy:

don moore
06/02/2009, 07:44 AM
(Colorado is where the Boss Man lives,)

and he can take up on a tour of the work place.. have a showing there to show the rest of his peps how crazy we are...:p

Gussie2000
06/02/2009, 12:24 PM
Colorado
Hmmmm i don't know guys.
I guess if this meet is to held in colorado @ bossman home town then i may ship the horse over there & then take the amtrak train.
I mean,if scott likes the idea of holdind the meet over there then bossman,brace your self,more then 100 VX's lining up front of your house could drive mrs laura crazy preparing all those hot dogs & hamburgers for all of us LOL
Then from there have some activities going like some trails & convoying around town.But this idea might be not likely accepted by eastern VX'ers to drive more then 25 hours.i'll rather ship the horse since gas price could be around the same amount as shipping + save the mileage on the odo.
Let's see what eastern VX'ers have to say about that.

LittleBeast
06/03/2009, 07:16 AM
LA to Denver = 14 hr drive
Houston to Denver = 16 hr drive
Portland to Denver = 18 hr drive
NYC to Denver = 26 hr drive
Miami to Denver = 30 hr drive

Ldub
06/06/2009, 04:01 AM
if we decided colorado....dont worry, i will find us plenty to do...in all walks of life.

Good...cause I'd like to do some plumbing, & maybe a little light janitorial while I'm there...:smilewink

Riff Raff
06/06/2009, 05:02 AM
The "main event" would have to be frickin' spectacular and worthwhile in order to get me motivated to even make the trip; and much more than just a national show-n-shine VX meet.

I say something like a organized VX Convoy up "PIKES PEAK" in Colorado Springs, CO would meet the criteria as a spectacular main event, and is centrally located in the USA.

LittleBeast
06/06/2009, 07:19 AM
The "main event" would have to be frickin' spectacular and worthwhile in order to get me motivated to even make the trip; and much more than just a national show-n-shine VX meet.

I say something like a organized VX Convoy up "PIKES PEAK" in Colorado Springs, CO would meet the criteria as a spectacular main event, and is centrally located in the USA.

I still think we should move the "international" meet a little further east and or south. We already have a North Western meet once a year in Moab, so I think this should offset that a little more than Denver possibly.

Gussie2000
06/06/2009, 07:59 AM
And as how i said before.

The further southwest this meet goes less likely eastern VX'ers will attend even though scott deserve the great opportunity to gather all of us parking front of his house..... :yeso:
It would be a long Driver for us on this side of the street (east)

Marlin
06/06/2009, 06:29 PM
I think a little more east would be fair, maybe somewhere in Ohio/Indiana area. It is ya'lls turn to drive for multiple days for a meet...

pbkid
06/08/2009, 05:02 PM
Good...cause I'd like to do some plumbing, & maybe a little light janitorial while I'm there...:smilewink

smart *****

Ldub
06/08/2009, 10:45 PM
smart *****

Glad you caught that...:laughgray

iamironman
06/13/2009, 12:20 PM
I would go anywhere it is but only if it's in june, july or august... it's the only time my kids could go without skipping school... and I need their help to do a roadtrip like this... I think Dallas/ Longview area would be ideal... this would be the ideal venue for this type of meet... Longview would have plenty of accomodations and it is within 100 miles of four major US interstate highways. It is within 40 miles of this place:
http://www.barnwellmountainra.com/

just my two .01's

handeeman
06/13/2009, 01:03 PM
I would go anywhere it is but only if it's in june, july or august... it's the only time my kids could go without skipping school... and I need their help to do a roadtrip like this... I think Dallas/ Longview area would be ideal... this would be the ideal venue for this type of meet... Longview would have plenty of accomodations and it is within 100 miles of four major US interstate highways. It is within 40 miles of this place:
http://www.barnwellmountainra.com/

just my two .01's

Yes, and we could climb the parking garage the "Horseshoe" casino in Shreveport. Well us more serious off-roaders could.J/K

Moncha
06/16/2009, 06:28 AM
Half way through the month and only 63 votes total? I know there are more folks out there. It's a pretty tight race right now, get your say so in... NOW! :)

nocturnalVX
06/16/2009, 07:57 AM
Hard to believe that there isn't more support for having an event like this. I think a (inter?)national meet would be a great way to celebrate 10 years of VX ownership. I think Des Moines, Iowa would be the best location to have it, because it is about the same distance for those on either coast. The Stoney Creek Inn might be the perfect meeting place, and there is plenty to do around town... it's not just cornfields like a lot of the midwest. :rolleyes: Come on people... let's make this happen!

:_group2:

pbkid
06/16/2009, 09:36 AM
iowa????? that just seems like a bunch of cornfields...but i really dont know that area of the US very well... i would see chicago to be much more exciting than iowa..

Pepino
06/16/2009, 10:52 AM
lets make it chicago!

AlaskaVX
06/16/2009, 06:00 PM
Since I live in Alaska everything is nearly too far away, but I would be willing to fly to Vegas! :cool:

pbkid
06/16/2009, 06:27 PM
Since I live in Alaska everything is nearly too far away, but I would be willing to fly to Vegas! :cool:

we could find you a shotgun seat...

Marlin
06/17/2009, 03:58 AM
we could find you a shotgun seat...

I was wondering if you could check a VX as oversized luggage and pay the extra 50 bucks?

crotchrocket
06/17/2009, 05:45 AM
So with the Idea of the 'International' meet you holding it in your country!! Is this like the 'world series' in baseball :D

Hey, if you draw lines from canada, US, UK, Auz, NZ it basically works out the centre point is Iraq !!! Lets meet there!!!! :D

:rolleyes::cool::bgwo:

tomdietrying
06/17/2009, 11:39 AM
If I'm not mistaken, Iraq will not work because there are WMD there.
Peace.
Tom

don moore
06/17/2009, 11:43 AM
If I'm not mistaken, Iraq will not work because there are WMD there.
Peace.
Tom

pluss when we all get together we are the WMDs....hehe:p

Gussie2000
06/17/2009, 12:29 PM
So with the Idea of the 'International' meet you holding it in your country!! Is this like the 'world series' in baseball :D

Hey, if you draw lines from canada, US, UK, Auz, NZ it basically works out the centre point is Iraq !!! Lets meet there!!!! :D

Hmmmm.
Russians & japs may swing few stones against your windows because they weren't included. LOL

Jolly Roger VX'er
06/18/2009, 12:34 AM

pluss when we all get together we are the WMDs....hehe:p

Yeah, they always said Sadaam had poisonous 'VX' Gas!

www.thewednesdayreport.com/twr/vx.htm

I'm just looking for a reason to visit:

1)Australia
2)Belize
3)Japan

pbkid
06/18/2009, 01:06 AM
we could all go wheeling in Iraq and visit the troops... go sand duning! and we could go cave exploring!!!!

wooohooo!!!!

crotchrocket...you have the bill for all the shipping right?? thats the rumor...

crotchrocket
06/18/2009, 01:59 AM
crotchrocket...you have the bill for all the shipping right?? thats the rumor...

No problem!!! Put it on my account !! :D

CIAUS
06/18/2009, 02:56 AM
Hmmmm.
Russians & japs may swing few stones against your windows because they weren't included. LOL

:mado: :mado: :mado:

Real intnnl meeting is very difficult to organize, who will fly/swim over the ocean? We can only suggest a Europinean meeting in some country.

VX-157
06/19/2009, 07:25 AM
I'm just looking for a reason to visit:

1)Australia
2)Belize
3)Japan

Jolly just let me know when your coming over. i can show you a Australia that many tourist do not get to see. i am talking about the real Australia mate!

Ldub
06/19/2009, 07:32 AM
Jolly just let me know when your coming over. i can show you a Australia that many tourist do not get to see. i am talking about the real Australia mate!

Can I come with?...:naughty:

VX-157
06/19/2009, 07:34 AM

I do not see why not :D

Ldub
06/19/2009, 07:40 AM
I do not see why not :D

:_beer:...:dance:...:dan_ban:...:dance:...:_beer:

nfpgasmask
06/19/2009, 04:23 PM

Me too! Take me to Broken Hill!! :D

Bart

VX-157
06/19/2009, 04:48 PM
Me too! Take me to Broken Hill!! :D

Bart

Broken hill to Uluru (ayres rock) from what i understand is a very trying road....or should i say dust with white posts to make it stand out from the other dust :bgwo: but its a beautfull country out there!

You lot get over here and i will get a trooper (not taking my vx out there, as that dust will take a life time to get out) and we can go on walkabout.

tjh
06/24/2009, 05:00 PM

Denver, CO
Kansas City, MO
Memphis, TN
Dallas, TX
New Orleans, LA

New Orleans, LA .Ok ,You found the one place I'm not willing to go to .

Moncha
06/29/2009, 08:50 AM
Last chance to get your opinion in on this part.. We're running close on results and buts may have this one in the bag...
I'll be posting a follow up for locations if the serious interests win out

nocturnalVX
06/29/2009, 09:22 AM
Centrally located, lots of options on meeting places, lots to do, Adventureland amusement park, and even a place to go 'wheeling (for those that want to)...

MIOBI is an abbreviation for Make It or Break It 4Wheelers.

Besides being the best wheelin' club in Iowa, we also make up about 90% of the wheelers in this state.
We have 100+ members and are growing every day.

MIOBI has a large section of private ground for all of our wheeling activities located near Hamilton IA.
We have several public and club member only events through out the year.

Our wheelin' grounds offers miles of trails through hills and timber. It offers everything from mild to wild, and is guaranteed to challenge the most seasoned veteran and the most complex of rigs, while still providing ample opportunities for the stock vehicles or less experienced drivers. We have a rock garden for those who like to try their hand at rock climbing, and mud up to your ears if that's your thing, and everything in between.

That said... Cece & I will be there no matter WHERE it is held!

blacksambo
06/30/2009, 06:41 PM
There is only one place in the USA that lives up to the historic and international status of the VX, and we'd be there as long as it wasn't Christmas day....(drum roll) and that's none other than the one and only place where the miracle on ice occurred...Lake Placid, N.Y. 2x site of the winyer olympic games. Let the games begin!

blacksambo
06/30/2009, 06:59 PM
Let's not forget we have a friend in cyberspace, and all interested parties from around the world could attend our meet via webcams/Youtube etc. All we need is a powerful backdrop to glamourize the event. It's no mistake that the olympics came twice to Lake Placid, NY. It's got the world class rugged back drop.