48 Montana
49 Idaho
50 Wyoming

WormGod
05/22/2009, 08:20 AM
Just found this & thought I'd share.

National Motorists Association rankings, from worst to best:

3 Maryland

!@#$.... that explains a lot. I assume they mean for traffic and safety conditions?

Wash, DC is easily #1.

tom4bren
05/22/2009, 08:50 AM
I think this list was based on Stupid Traffic laws, Speed Traps & traffic cameras.

A list based on actual driving conditions (traffic, weather, road conditions) would look entirely different.

kirk hilton
05/22/2009, 09:19 AM
The worst state to drive in is .....
High or Pissed or Pissed up :bgwo:

Gussie2000
05/22/2009, 09:36 AM
New york the # 5 ?
I strongly believe there has to be a mistake;I'll move up NY four steps up on the ladder so the list can be 100% accurate.
NJ can't be the worst in the entire nation,I've drove few times over there & found NJ to be very nice to drive,however this can be better judged by our garden state VX'ers.

circmand
05/22/2009, 09:40 AM
I would best it was a survey and this is really the order from the whiniest to the least likely to complain.

etlsport
05/22/2009, 08:29 PM
New york the # 5 ?
I strongly believe there has to be a mistake;I'll move up NY four steps up on the ladder so the list can be 100% accurate.
NJ can't be the worst in the entire nation,I've drove few times over there & found NJ to be very nice to drive,however this can be better judged by our garden state VX'ers.

i dunno i despise driving in jersey.. the bridge from philly into jersey has a toll from jersey to philly, but not from philly to jersey... every time we use it the running joke is that people will pay anything to get out of jersey..

i have driven some nice roads there though.. i think pa should be higher.. or at least SE pa.. the roads here are awful...

as far as cops.. MD is the worst ive seen for getting pulled over for dumb crap... my hometown, frederick has 3-4 patrol cars specifically to get people for window tint violations :rollb:

Gussie2000
05/22/2009, 09:23 PM
i dunno i despise driving in jersey.. the bridge from philly into jersey has a toll from jersey to philly, but not from philly to jersey... every time we use it the running joke is that people will pay anything to get out of jersey..

i have driven some nice roads there though.. i think pa should be higher.. or at least SE pa.. the roads here are awful...

as far as cops.. MD is the worst ive seen for getting pulled over for dumb crap... my hometown, frederick has 3-4 patrol cars specifically to get people for window tint violations :rollb:

Hmmmm my sister & her husbie is considering MD to live,yet still i'll host any one coming into NYC to test their skills over here,locations such as brooklyn,the bronx & manhattan will be perfect fields to have those driving drills well done;After few minutes you'll pay any thing to get the hell outter NY as soon as possible.

Pepino
05/22/2009, 10:07 PM
All of you should get to drive once in a lifetime in Mexico City, then you will understand what crazy is. Imagine driving where there are no rules (well there are many but nobody respects them) honking is used every single time you drive, one way streets are turned into two ways streets where we used to have Stop signs but everybody ignored them so we had to put Bumps on the road so that you are forced to stop. our Highway with traffic takes like 2 hours to get to a place where it should only take 10 minutes and this is almost every day. The only place in the world where the Fast lane goes slower than the slow lane. Its crazy, If you can drive in Mexico city you can drive anywhere thats what we say down there.

did a google search of Mexico City traffic

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=mexico%20city%20traffic&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

this should give you a little idea of what i am talking about.

found this on google too Los Angeles times

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/bottleneck/2007/04/the_worlds_wors.html

WormGod
05/26/2009, 09:24 AM

And you can only imagine how joyous it is on holiday weekends like this past weekend.

And with cross-state traffic from DE, PA, VA, WV, and DC.... this place is always a disaster on holidays (let alone all those states that also use MD roadways as their daily commute in and out of DC).

I am ALL FOR tolls into MD from VA, DE, WV, and PA so they can help us pay for the roads. God knows they use them as much as we do. ;) I see tags from ALL these states every day on my commute as they venture to and from work in and out of DC.

vt_maverick
05/26/2009, 10:19 AM
All of you should get to drive once in a lifetime in Mexico City, then you will understand what crazy is. Imagine driving where there are no rules (well there are many but nobody respects them) honking is used every single time you drive, one way streets are turned into two ways streets where we used to have Stop signs but everybody ignored them so we had to put Bumps on the road so that you are forced to stop. our Highway with traffic takes like 2 hours to get to a place where it should only take 10 minutes and this is almost every day. The only place in the world where the Fast lane goes slower than the slow lane. Its crazy, If you can drive in Mexico city you can drive anywhere thats what we say down there.

Equally true of San Juan in Puerto Rico - tiny streets with massive speed bumps, traffic laws all seem to be suggestions, etc. And as I'm sure WormGod will attest, anyone who's driven on 95 has run into the fast/slow lane problem. I think everyone in the greater DC area feels it's their God-given right to drive in the left lane. :rolleyes: