PDA

View Full Version : For those with Superchargers

ScottinMA
05/20/2009, 02:29 PM
I had to pull out of a driveway quickly turning left onto the main drag. Accelerator down, tires just a hair from slipping as the power is coming on. Such a great feeling. Just had to share that. Love this car....

WormGod
05/21/2009, 07:09 AM
I am assuming you are S/C'd? :confused: (sorry, I forget who all here is and it isn't in your tag)

From what I recall, the VX is "naturally aspirated" enough to do this without too. ;)

ScottinMA
05/22/2009, 11:18 AM
I am assuming you are S/C'd? :confused: (sorry, I forget who all here is and it isn't in your tag)

From what I recall, the VX is "naturally aspirated" enough to do this without too. ;)

Gary, ABSOLUTELY! It's really the reason I never bought another car. Put the SC in at around 30K and been loving it ever since. I don't typically have my foot in it doing my trip back and forth to work but on that day I had to in order to avoid getting oncoming cars pissed at me. So I'm rolling on the power, the tires are making "going fast sounds" through the turn and I'm feeling like that investment was soooooo worth it. The PV is howling (newer people, this is a custom muffler that was offered some time ago) and I'm not wanting to let off the skinny pedal. Felt like an amusement ride....well it is kinda

WormGod
05/26/2009, 08:44 AM
Right'o. I had a great holiday weekend with the VX. She wanted off the leash so I let her off the leash. Keeping in mind the holiday traffic and heavier police presence, I still got her into "spirited" mode. The whine of the S/C on full throttle is music. ;)

etlsport
05/26/2009, 07:51 PM
Gary, ABSOLUTELY! It's really the reason I never bought another car. Put the SC in at around 30K and been loving it ever since. I don't typically have my foot in it doing my trip back and forth to work but on that day I had to in order to avoid getting oncoming cars pissed at me. So I'm rolling on the power, the tires are making "going fast sounds" through the turn and I'm feeling like that investment was soooooo worth it. The PV is howling (newer people, this is a custom muffler that was offered some time ago) and I'm not wanting to let off the skinny pedal. Felt like an amusement ride....well it is kinda

mmm sounds like my fav turn.. 2 lane right hand turn (almost 90 degrees).. nobody ever takes the outside lane for some reason.. i love to push hard into the turn, get on the brakes hard at the last second and push the vx almost to tire squealing the whole way around it.. then break away from everyone coming out of the turn :_steering

JULIAN911
05/26/2009, 09:11 PM
I have 285/75/16 tires so my VX doesn't exactly jump off the line :( I've never seen the boost go over 3psi either and I know that it was installed correctly because Tone did it and it has the high boost pulley. You guys are getting 5psi right?

Ldub
05/26/2009, 11:12 PM
I have 285/75/16 tires so my VX doesn't exactly jump off the line :( I've never seen the boost go over 3psi either and I know that it was installed correctly because Tone did it and it has the high boost pulley. You guys are getting 5psi right?

Yep...depending on atmospheric conditions (barometer, humidity, temp), I usually see between 4 1/2 - 5 psi boost @ WOT...:_drool:

Which vacuum hose it's tied into is important, I had it plumbed into the wrong one initially, & it wasn't registering the proper readings.

JULIAN911
05/27/2009, 12:25 AM
Which vacuum hose it's tied into

I wish I knew as Tone hooked it up for me. I can't ask him now because he's in heaven looking down upon us.

Where's yours hooked into?

Ldub
05/27/2009, 12:52 AM
I wish I knew as Tone hooked it up for me. I can't ask him now because he's in heaven looking down upon us.

I'll have to get back to ya on that Julian, I'll try (weather permitting) to get a grasp on which vacuum line I'm plumbed into tomorrow. but I seem to remember having a lightbulb moment after seeing this...which would lead me to believe it's tied into the FPR vacuum line.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/vac_routing.jpg

don moore
05/27/2009, 01:04 AM
I'll have to get back to ya on that Julian, I'll try (weather permitting) to get a grasp on which vacuum line I'm plumbed into tomorrow. but I seem to remember having a lightbulb moment after seeing this...which would lead me to believe it's tied into the FPR vacuum line.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/vac_routing.jpg

WTH is that I see??????

Ldub
05/27/2009, 01:12 AM
WTH is that I see??????

Rotate it 1/4 turn clockwise in your mind...you'll be OK then...:laughgray

don moore
05/27/2009, 01:16 AM
i try it and all the stuff on my monitor ..I still have a old type of monitor ..not the fancy schmancy one you have ..the stuff started to fall off the top.. so i had to turn my head instead..now I have a sore neck.........is this a part in my VX??

Jolly Roger VX'er
05/27/2009, 01:46 AM
i try it and all the stuff on my monitor ..I still have a old type of monitor ..not the fancy schmancy one you have ..the stuff started to fall off the top.. so i had to turn my head instead..now I have a sore neck.........is this a part in my VX??

I think I can be of help here (gotta stop laughing first though :laughing:).

This is a thread 'bout Superchargers and the pic Dub'ster posted is where to plumb (connect) your vacuum line so that your boost gauge reads correctly.

so..no..you are not gonna see this on your engine 'cause if I'm not mistakin, you do not have a supercharger on that mean 'o' VX of yours.

Hope this helps...

doubtful it'll help with your stiff neck.... might need to seek out a masseuse for that......not a moose...a masseuse....or massage therapist.

Hope that helps... :p

Ldub
05/27/2009, 02:31 AM

LOL...I said "in your MIND"...:laughgray

I think I can be of help here (gotta stop laughing first though :laughing:).

This is a thread 'bout Superchargers and the pic Dub'ster posted is where to plumb (connect) your vacuum line so that your boost gauge reads correctly.

so..no..you are not gonna see this on your engine 'cause if I'm not mistakin, you do not have a supercharger on that mean 'o' VX of yours.

Hope this helps...

doubtful it'll help with your stiff neck.... might need to seek out a masseuse for that......not a moose...a masseuse....or massage therapist.

Hope that helps... :p

Like Steve...I mean Greg (s-s-snicker...:smilewink) said, it is indeed a closeup of the south end of the S/C assembly...:_wrench:

don moore
05/27/2009, 07:06 AM
fine :smilewink..mess me up with something I dont have on my VX...grrrr:mad:...

WormGod
05/27/2009, 07:44 AM
I never put a boost control gauge in my VX so I couldn't tell ya. You SHOULD be managing 5psi though (given you have that pully). I highly doubt elevation is affecting you there in TX so that shouldn't be the issue.

Curious, what gauges are you all using? Mech/needle assembly or digital? My STi has a huge boost control gauge on my dash (OEM) that stares me in the face so I figure having one in the VX might not be such a big annoyance.

Ldub
05/27/2009, 10:18 AM

I just checked with my own eyeballs & it is indeed T'd off of the FPR vacuum line...:_wrench:

I never put a boost control gauge in my VX so I couldn't tell ya. You SHOULD be managing 5psi though (given you have that pully). I highly doubt elevation is affecting you there in TX so that shouldn't be the issue.

Curious, what gauges are you all using? Mech/needle assembly or digital? My STi has a huge boost control gauge on my dash (OEM) that stares me in the face so I figure having one in the VX might not be such a big annoyance.

I use one of these, in a generic, heat gun & scissor modified A-pillar pod...

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/autometer_carbon_boost.jpg

Gussie2000
05/27/2009, 12:09 PM
Rotate it 1/4 turn clockwise in your mind...you'll be OK then...:laughgray

Haha LDUB you did it again...

Julian if that don't work for you then turn the monitor 1/4 clockwise hahaha

Jolly Roger VX'er
05/27/2009, 12:46 PM
like Steve...I mean Greg (s-s-snicker...:smilewink) said,

My session with my shrink today brought me close to resolving my issues! He had me use peotos...:confused:....I mean photos instead of ink blots; a photo = 1,000 rubles..I mean words :confused:

http://www.starstore.com/acatalog/stos-chekov-cheron.jpg

okay...so a few words anywaze to clarify..from da pigment of my imagination...that's me Steve/Greg (double-combo happy meal in fast food terms) on the rite and my anemone on the left. I'm gonna redraw dis so dat da guy(s) on da rite has all da wepons..............yeah baby!

did ya know Chekov wasn't on the first season of Trek Wars?

anyways...my shrink says after a few more drawings I can be all better :yes:

I'm working on finishing dis one up:

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/AlteredLdub.jpg

c'ya later when I'm all betta!

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/57/178032215_5e48f54f14_o.jpg

ScottinMA
05/27/2009, 05:25 PM
My session with my shrink today brought me close to resolving my issues! He had me use peotos...:confused:....I mean photos instead of ink blots; a photo = 1,000 rubles..I mean words :confused:

? too much ETOH?

Ldub
05/27/2009, 08:35 PM

http://www.starstore.com/acatalog/stos-chekov-cheron.jpg

okay...so a few words anywaze to clarify..from da pigment of my imagination...that's me Steve/Greg (double-combo happy meal in fast food terms) on the rite and my anemone on the left. I'm gonna redraw dis so dat da guy(s) on da rite has all da wepons..............yeah baby!

did ya know Chekov wasn't on the first season of Trek Wars?

anyways...my shrink says after a few more drawings I can be all better :yes:

I'm working on finishing dis one up:

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/AlteredLdub.jpg

c'ya later when I'm all betta!

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/57/178032215_5e48f54f14_o.jpg

LOL...I'm quite sure you'll be fine...eventually...:smilewink

As I hope we all will...eventually...:rolleyesg