PDA

View Full Version : battery info,door handle tip and daewoo

phx99blackvx
05/18/2009, 06:04 PM
Hello fellow Vx'rs

I went on a trip 10 days ago and left the VX parked in the garage.
I live in Phoenix and the hot days are now starting.
The VX is my daily driver to work and today was my first day back to work
Before I left for the trip, no issues with it starting
This morning, I turn the key to hear the fast clicking sound of the starter, I pushed the VX out of the garage and used my daughters vehicle to start the VX, it started right up with the jump start. I called my wife, gave her a heads up I would probably need a jump start after work. Sure enough, attempted to start it with no success, Wife came to the office, I jumped started the VX, again, and drove straight to autozone. They had several batteries to offer me, I went for a yellow top $89 with a 3 year replacement warranty, the old battery was a sears die hard with 550 cold cranks amps, the new battery has 750 cold crank amps. Autozone installs batteries for free, it was hot and I let the autozone guy install the battery for me, when he was looking up the battery on the computer, he says "Vehicross, I don't think I have ever seen one of these before." sure enough when we go out to the parking lot, the autozone guy was all over it, inside and out, several small things he noticed while changing the battery out, first he noticed the battery tray included a plastic tray which helps with corrosion of the metal tray, I had not taken the battery out since I purchased it 2 years ago, so I had no idea how the battery tray looked, it look pretty good, their was a small section of rust, nothing detrimental, he also noticed the bars that bolt the batter to the tray, in his words were heavy duty. He also noticed the abs module was on the passenger side. Just wanted to give a kudos to autozone for installing my battery for me, I know it is not a big deal, but when its hot, it nice not to have to do it yourself.

The door handle tip, I can not take credit for this, first owner did it, I guess some people think the outside door handles are kinda small, so he took velcro, the loop side and stuck some velcro under the door handle, helps provide some grip.

and last but not least, this is a who would of thought, about isuzu in general, the 4 cylinder engines in the Rodeos and later Amigos were built by Daewoo
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

thanks for reading

By the way, my VX is a 99 Ebony, with aprox 84k miles, only non stock items are dual exhaust and a rear view camera

VX KAT
05/18/2009, 07:18 PM
Great tip on the door handle. I put the black tape on under part of door handle, the kind you use on hockey sticks to add grip/friction. Works great. I'm up in Dewey near Prescott so I'm a bit cooler, but today, OMG, 107 in Phx, 93 here! UGH, it's only May! Tape just gets tackier in heat, works even better today!:laugho:

CrnCnn
05/18/2009, 07:55 PM
I worked at Autozone in Tucson from '99-01 and HATED installing batteries in the middle of the day or mid afternoon. HOT. I was more used to it then tho.

When I moved here I went to work for Kragen (Checker to most AZ people) and they dont let you install anything here. Not even windshield wipers. Some insurance thing I guess. I still did wipers and actually installed a few radios for people on lunch breaks.

People really appreciate the service.

phx99blackvx
05/18/2009, 08:00 PM
I would take the prescott/dewey area any day of the year, I've been back in Phoenix for 7 years and it just keeps getting hotter and hotter and for longer periods each year. I live in north Phoenix, right off I17 and deer valley road, if your ever bringing the VX down this way, PM me and maybe we can have a small GTG

Solitude
05/21/2009, 07:25 PM
I have that battery in mine too.. it was a bargain.. if you factor in the replacement guarantee