PDA

View Full Version : rear bump stop extensions??

BBVX
07/24/2003, 12:48 PM
I saw a thread touching briefly on this, but couldn't find any specifics. I've got 33's and when I go offroading my rear tires bottom out in the tub very easily, so I figured, why not extensions?
Is there a part #?? What's it made out of?? Could I just use washers and longer bolts??

Any help is much appreciated.
Thanx,

Brian

AlaskaVX
07/24/2003, 02:49 PM
Do you have a lift? What lift? How do you like it? What size tires do you have? If you do have a lift then you should update your profile, if not you worked some magic to fit those 33"s! I will be lifting mine soon and am not sure how I want to do it and if I want 33's or 32's I want to get the Mickey Thompson Baja Claw Radials so I'm not sure how the tread effects it.

Thanx in advance, sorry I don't know the answer to your question, your post just brought up some questions in my head.
Alan

BigMeatVX
07/29/2003, 12:55 AM
Washers are not a good idea here.......
a better fix is the bumpstops off of a earlier trooper (mine are off an '89) they are a little longer and alot stiffer....

Oh yeah, I almost forgot.....Calmini offers rear extenders in their kit, but they are a big 2"thick........

Allan

BigMeatVX
07/29/2003, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by SPAZZ
Not hard to make bump stop extensions...here is a pic

Look closely at the distance between the bumpstop and the axle in the pic.......not much up travel!!!!!

are those stock springs in the rear?

Allan

Triathlete
07/29/2003, 12:52 PM
How far do they need extended for the OME912 springs? I plan on getting a pair soon!;Dy;