PDA

View Full Version : Illinois TriCity

AnalogVX
07/24/2003, 08:37 AM
Thought I would start a new thread. We are WAY off topic for a Dueller m/t review:D

Some interest in meetng up this Saturday, July 26, for some off-roading out near Blackberry township. Since it seems like every one is coming from the Tri-City area, how about meeting near Fabyan Parkway on Randall Rd. at McDonald's? I am open for the time. I am free all morning, all day.

Rook
07/24/2003, 10:39 AM
Cont me in. :D Analog, look forward to meeting you and your daughter, as well as everyone else! As for time, I'm pretty much open so I'll let others chime in on that.

I may have a Jeep budy who'd like to tag along if that's OK.

Aaron

sintex420
07/24/2003, 12:06 PM
I would love to join in, but the VX isn't in the condition for it. I came walking out of a meeting yesturday and someone had nailed the front passenger side of the bumper fairly well. Where they hit has the fan wedged so the engine will overheat if the car sits running for too long without getting some wind going trhough there. I am going to stop by the bodyshop after work today to get a quote and see when I can get this fixed. I don't even want to know what this is going to do to my insurance rate.

AlaskaVX
07/24/2003, 12:33 PM
It shouldn't raise your insurance at all! Did you call the cops (from what I got it was a hit and run) It should be covered under comprehesive and that doesn't raise your rates.

yal^
07/24/2003, 05:02 PM
gosh, let me know the time. I am gonna be working 4 - 8 p.m. but the rest of the day I should be free. Unless my hubby won't let me go ;)

I still wonder about VX potentials :D

yal^

AnalogVX
07/24/2003, 09:01 PM
We could meet up before noon? The trail is about a 15 minute drive from where we are meeting. Could you still make it to work? Bring your husband, come on out and leave early. at least you'll have a chance to see a little of what a VX can do. I'll even bring some Moab pics if you can't squeeze in the off-road time. :D
It'l be fun to meet everyone even if just for a McD's coffee.

Freon VX
07/24/2003, 09:06 PM
My saturday is absolutely booked solid. BUT, heres an idea...we could crash the car show in Geneva next Thursday night, hang out, eat Grahams ice cream, and meet in a low stress no pressure environment. Just a thought. It coule be the first official meeting of the TCVX Club. Let me know if anyone is interested and I'll try to set something up. Please let me know by Sunday. Even if we get something going on 3rd street in Geneva, I think it would be fun.

Bill

yal^
07/25/2003, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by AnalogVX
We could meet up before noon? The trail is about a 15 minute drive from where we are meeting. Could you still make it to work? Bring your husband, come on out and leave early. at least you'll have a chance to see a little of what a VX can do. I'll even bring some Moab pics if you can't squeeze in the off-road time. :D
It'l be fun to meet everyone even if just for a McD's coffee.

For once I'll need exact directions, since that part of IL is not known to me. Two can't promise anything, especially that hubby is working at 1 pm and that's a bummer... but I keep my ifngers crossed. I just need to know the how far is it from me so I can plan the drive time. thx

AnalogVX
07/25/2003, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by yal^
For once I'll need exact directions, since that part of IL is not known to me. Two can't promise anything, especially that hubby is working at 1 pm and that's a bummer... but I keep my ifngers crossed. I just need to know the how far is it from me so I can plan the drive time. thx

Looking at your avitar, your coming from Darien. Hop on 355 North to I-88 West. Exit I-88 at Orchard Road north which will take you to Randall Rd. Make left and go about 3miles into Batavia. There will be a BestBuy along with the McDonald's on the left (west) side of Randall Rd. It might be about a 45ish minute ride.

AnalogVX
07/25/2003, 06:11 PM
So far:
Rook and friend
myself

Anyone else? Yal? Meet at Noon at McDonald's on Randall just south of Faybyan Parkway in the BestBuy parking lot.
I'm all up for meeting others at the Geneva car show too. I am working in the afternoon, but I can slip away for an hour for lunch and meet and greet.

Mr. I-MAN
07/25/2003, 06:38 PM
I would love to go, but I have tickets to the Metallica show.

Where is this place in Blackberry township?

Are the trails decent? or just a couple paths through an empty lot or construction site.

Rook
07/25/2003, 07:43 PM
If you decide to come out, I know someone who could take those tickets off your hands for you ;) . The trails are really just something to wet the appetite; not bad considering it's so close though. Enjoy the show, sounds like the Illinois area is waking up and more meets should follow.

I'm in for 12:00, I'll check here in the morning in case plans change. Otherwise, see you tommorrow.

Aaron

yal^
07/25/2003, 08:21 PM
Mr. I-MAN: I am very very jealous about those tickets ;)

AnalogVX: I'll be there. Just got a msg from work - I do not have to be there tomorrow at all :D My husband will follow me just to say hello in separate car.
It's a good thing we are meeting as I just notice my poweer drives are not so fine like I thought. Maybe someone can take a look and tell me what to do?

See ya at noon.

AnalogVX
07/25/2003, 09:02 PM
Glad you can make it Yal. Can't wait to meet everyone!

AnalogVX
07/26/2003, 08:40 PM
It was really great meeting everyone. I had a blast! The area was much better than I anticipated and is really great way to blow a several hours close by. I have some pics from my El Cheapo digital camera I will get posted in my gallery tomorrow. Still debating if I should post the pic of the Jeep :D ! He did have point...I could only post the pic if a VX had made it through successfully and I think none of us wanted to try! (Think altenator). Anyway had a great time and wished I could have stayed a little longer. Next time I'm bringning a cooler and a grill.

Freon VX
07/26/2003, 11:36 PM
Wow, Im really sorry I missed it. What a bummer. Anybody interested in Thursday however? Please tell us more about the trails....

Bill

AnalogVX
07/27/2003, 07:31 AM
I put a few pics up in my gallery. Sorry for the crappy quality.
The trails were twisty and narrow through trees and some mud. Some were too narrow to pass. A few quads and a mototrcycle were running around. Ran into about 8 paint ballers out there too. In addititon to the wooded trails, there was a couple sand and gravel pits, but most of the higher hills were passable by quads and motorcycles. There are lots of places to go explore and next time I'm sure I will. I got a few more "pinstripes" on my cladding. I hope the others came home better.
I now know exactly what my truck would look like with 3" lift and 285/75-16 Dueler M/T's. Rook's VX is awsome.
Yal's VX was 2 weeks old and this was her first time off road. She was fearless!
No trouble, no carnage, no repairs. (See, I didn't even mention the Jeep and how he left because he took on too much mud!):p

nocturnalVX
07/27/2003, 08:38 AM
Sorry I couldn't be there to play with you on those trails. Glad everyone had fun, and that this place is so close. I look forward to the next run!

Rook
07/27/2003, 08:47 AM
It was great meeting everyone, so much fun! I'm glad everyone else had a fun time too. No damage to report, it looks like just a few new pinstripes for me as well. The trails were a blast and actually ended up being much better than I remembered, all in all a good time. I'm already looking forward to our next run :D

yal^
07/28/2003, 12:28 PM
Hello :)

Finally got a minute to say "wow" :D
It was very very nice to meet you all. Yes, it was my first off road driving and I had a blast!
I got a couple of pinstripes, but nothing a little rubbing compound and lots of TLC couldn't fix. VX got one tiny dent on the side, above the wheal, where the branch I drove over broke and sprang right in my side. I was scared to death I did something to the suspension when I heard the crack.

My question is: when do we go again? :)