PDA

View Full Version : Aussie VX meet

VX-157
05/11/2009, 08:38 PM
Hi, well once again i am keen to see if i can convince other aussies vx drivers to get together for a meet. :cool:

I just checked the members list and it shows 9 active aussie members. (basing this on post's made this year) i do a fair bit of traveling up the east coast and i am happy to meet up with any owners who live near that area.

Would any of you be willing to meet up? happy to work out meeting details later but i am just trying to get a feel on the thoughts for others.

I think PK you may not be able to bring your vx across the creek, perhaps if we had a meet down near or around Melbourne you might be able to make it?

Aussie VX, we almost meet that time i was down your way, perhaps next time.

PK
05/11/2009, 10:16 PM
Hi, well once again i am keen to see if i can convince other aussies vx drivers to get together for a meet. :cool:

I just checked the members list and it shows 9 active aussie members. (basing this on post's made this year) i do a fair bit of traveling up the east coast and i am happy to meet up with any owners who live near that area.

Would any of you be willing to meet up? happy to work out meeting details later but i am just trying to get a feel on the thoughts for others.

I think PK you may not be able to bring your vx across the creek, perhaps if we had a meet down near or around Melbourne you might be able to make it?

Aussie VX, we almost meet that time i was down your way, perhaps next time.
Hi Hetzer,
yes, yes, yes.
I would be up for a meet anywhere between Adelaide and Brisbane.
I have rellies in Melbourne, and daughter and granddaughter in Sydney.
We are already planning a 2-3 week road trip to Sydney in Feb/March/09.
We were going to take the wife's car (a bit softer ride for her) but if there was a VX meet going on, it would be the VX for sure.

Willing to host one down here too, but that would be unfair on all you guys from the big island.

PK

VX-157
05/11/2009, 10:28 PM
Hi mate, thanks for the quick response. I am going to assume you made a typo and meant the feb/march 2010?

I am happy to wait till then (gives me time to do more to the beast) and if we can get AussieVX interested perhaps a meet on the VIC / NSW border could be a goer.

Plenty of time to work out details.

Hetzer

PK
05/12/2009, 05:26 PM
Hi mate, thanks for the quick response. I am going to assume you made a typo and meant the feb/march 2010?

I am happy to wait till then (gives me time to do more to the beast) and if we can get AussieVX interested perhaps a meet on the VIC / NSW border could be a goer.

Plenty of time to work out details.

Hetzer

Don't you have that "Time Travel" knob on your dash board?? LOL.

Oops - yes - 2010.

It doesn't have to be then, but it would be convenient for me.
If others want to make it some other time, I have about 50 days annual leave accumulated that I am being pushed to take.
So, any time will do.
(Except late August / early Sept 2009 - I am expecting to be a granddad again.)

PK

VX-157
05/13/2009, 10:12 PM
It doesn't have to be then, but it would be convenient for me.
If others want to make it some other time, I have about 50 days annual leave accumulated that I am being pushed to take.
So, any time will do.
(Except late August / early Sept 2009 - I am expecting to be a granddad again.)

PK

Are you thinking of bringing your vx across the creek? i am free most of July. if your making the effort to get across the water i am sure i could make a effort to meet closer to melbourne :D

I am going to pm aussie vx as i don't think he has seen this thread yet :rolleyes:

PK
05/13/2009, 11:25 PM
Are you thinking of bringing your vx across the creek? i am free most of July. if your making the effort to get across the water i am sure i could make a effort to meet closer to melbourne :D

I am going to pm aussie vx as i don't think he has seen this thread yet :rolleyes:

Yep, I would bring the VX across.
Bought it in Sydney and drove it home anyway, so that sort of travel is not a problem.
If we are going to the trouble of a meet, it would be nice to at least go bush a bit.
I am not into taking the impossible track, but do like to use the VX to get into scenic sites.
Not sure about that Victorian weather in July though.:p:p

PK

VX-157
05/14/2009, 03:13 PM
Yep, I would bring the VX across.
Bought it in Sydney and drove it home anyway, so that sort of travel is not a problem.
If we are going to the trouble of a meet, it would be nice to at least go bush a bit.
I am not into taking the impossible track, but do like to use the VX to get into scenic sites.
Not sure about that Victorian weather in July though.:p:p

PK

I am all up for the off road bit! perhaps a camping overniter or two? I am sure there are a bucket load of places we could go and tear the country a new one....i mean drive gently around the bush ;)

I am not up to speed on Vic's July weather, but i dare say like most of the southern states it will be brass monkey cold :eek: but i come from canberra and thus i am use to cold :bgwb:

perhaps we should start searching for some driving spots etc over the coming week and post what we find?

PK
05/16/2009, 05:54 AM
I am all up for the off road bit! perhaps a camping overniter or two? I am sure there are a bucket load of places we could go and tear the country a new one....i mean drive gently around the bush ;)

I am not up to speed on Vic's July weather, but i dare say like most of the southern states it will be brass monkey cold :eek: but i come from canberra and thus i am use to cold :bgwb:

perhaps we should start searching for some driving spots etc over the coming week and post what we find?

Hetzer, I have to say that I have no experience 4wdriving in Vic.
All I have done is in Tassie.

I have had a look in an old reference book (Yep - printed version) and the track described by Ron Moon as "Victoria's Outback" looks good.

300km of desert and outback country driving from Ouyen to Lock 7 on the Murray river.
Not sure if that was the type of driving you had in mind??
Probably 2 nights camping on the trail.
Normally my son comes with me, but he is at sea all of July (Marine Engineer).
August would be good, or back to my original suggestion of Feb 2010.

Anyway, very flexible so above is only a suggestion.

PK

AussieVX
05/16/2009, 05:43 PM
Hey folks,

Would be keen to drive to a meet anywhere between here and Brissy. A couple of ideas for nice 4WD (but not too hardcore trips) ...

- Mildura and through to Lake Mungo
- Corryong and down to Gippsland via the roads through the upper Snowy R.

Equally happy to tread some tarmac to some random pub though.

Cheers, Ross

VX-157
05/18/2009, 04:20 PM
Hey folks,

Would be keen to drive to a meet anywhere between here and Brissy. A couple of ideas for nice 4WD (but not too hardcore trips) ...

- Mildura and through to Lake Mungo
- Corryong and down to Gippsland via the roads through the upper Snowy R.

Equally happy to tread some tarmac to some random pub though.

Cheers, Ross

I am thinking for the first meet that we get together and have a beer at a random pub.

It turns out that i am not free in june/july :( we just bought a house and trying to save a bit of money atm.

I am thinking that OCT/NOV might be doable for me now.....sorry about that

AussieVX
05/18/2009, 05:55 PM
Hey folks,

How about PK comes across and meets me here in Melbourne, then we cruise around the coast to somewhere like Batemans Bay, Narooma or Tathra to meet Hetzer?

Early October before the crowds start to gather at the beach??

R

PK
05/18/2009, 07:15 PM
Hey folks,

How about PK comes across and meets me here in Melbourne, then we cruise around the coast to somewhere like Batemans Bay, Narooma or Tathra to meet Hetzer?

Early October before the crowds start to gather at the beach??

R

I could do that.
There is another VX owner in Hobart that I think I have an email address for.
Never seen his on the road, so not sure if he would be interested, but I will try and find out.

PK

VX-157
05/18/2009, 07:54 PM
Meeting at the bay or somewhere similar would work out great, in fact i know of some easy going off road tracks in that area.

We could all meet up, cruise around the coast area. Showing off the beasts :D and of course not one with local plates, that should help confuse people :cool: aslo there are some nice areas to visit, mo-go zoo is great etc

The long weekend in october is out for me as i will be in the top end of NSW camping and 4wd'ing but apart from that i am free and keen

PK
06/02/2009, 03:47 AM
I could do that.
There is another VX owner in Hobart that I think I have an email address for.
Never seen his on the road, so not sure if he would be interested, but I will try and find out.

PK

Ok - I tried to contact the other Hobart VX owner but he did not respond.

Come on WF - stop lurking around and join in the fun.:p;)

So, where do we go from now?
Can we settle on a date that we are all available, and then a place??

I would be available from mid September through to late December.
Then from end of Jan onwards.
Find a few days in amongst that lot and I am in.

PK

VX-157
06/03/2009, 03:26 PM
Ok - I tried to contact the other Hobart VX owner but he did not respond.

Come on WF - stop lurking around and join in the fun.:p;)

So, where do we go from now?
Can we settle on a date that we are all available, and then a place??

I would be available from mid September through to late December.
Then from end of Jan onwards.
Find a few days in amongst that lot and I am in.

PK

Sept-Nov works for me. perhaps we should chat on the phone mate. will pm you later with a number.