PDA

View Full Version : Best Star Trek Movie EVER!!!!

kodiak
05/08/2009, 12:54 AM
In a nutshell this movie is simply awesome. The story is action packed and the plot is well thought out. It’s everything a Star Trek movie should be. :thumbup:

I think even Bart will like it;)

Jolly Roger VX'er
05/08/2009, 01:05 AM
COOL! I was hoping it would turn out good! That guy (from "Hero's) sure got the Spock Look down! I'm hoping to see it this weekend! Was hoping the Trek universe wasn't dead!

After the VX run in Moab last year...I went to Las Vegas and stayed @ the Hilton Hotel & did the Trek Experience..it was worth it! Figured I'd better do it before Trek might die!

the Trek Experience has since moved on to another locale so don't know what has changed or if it's still great.

Mark B
05/08/2009, 07:11 AM
I have been a Treekie since I saw the first episode back in 68.
Can't wait to see this movie.

nfpgasmask
05/08/2009, 08:21 AM
I think even Bart will like it;)

Yeah, I think I am going to see it. Now, I am NOT a Trekkie, I honestly really don't care for Star Trek AT ALL. I think the original series has it's place, but it stops there for me 100%. That said, I've seen a few trailers for the new movie, and man, it does look pretty damn good. So, I am going to give it a go. I loved Cloverfield in the theater so I hope Star Trek has at least some of the thrill that movie gave me...

Bart

Gussie2000
05/08/2009, 12:05 PM
Since i were kid i used to watch star trek.

I'll go see it the end of the month,hopefully i would enjoy it as much as i enjoyed the series

kodiak
05/08/2009, 12:15 PM
DUDE! You didn't even invite me?! Dub, put him in on the short list please!

I didn’t know I was going entail an hour before the movie started. One of my sisters had an extra ticket and gave me a call. I wasn’t planning on going to the midnight show. We are definitely on for Terminator next week if you’re free. :naughty:

kodiak
05/08/2009, 12:37 PM
Yeah, I think I am going to see it. Now, I am NOT a Trekkie, I honestly really don't care for Star Trek AT ALL. I think the original series has it's place, but it stops there for me 100%. That said, I've seen a few trailers for the new movie, and man, it does look pretty damn good. So, I am going to give it a go. I loved Cloverfield in the theater so I hope Star Trek has at least some of the thrill that movie gave me...

Bart

Yep, It’s a hole now Star Trek and In this new universe Bart is a Trekkie. :p

kodiak
05/08/2009, 12:38 PM
Cool, I'm down! Let me know - we did work out the phone number and email thing, right? :rolleyes:

Oops, PM Sent.:rolleyes:

kodiak
05/10/2009, 08:25 PM
I went again last night! :rolleyes:

DarkWing
05/10/2009, 09:18 PM
Got the wife to go yesterday. Great flick! There are a lot of inconsistancies with stories already out there, Pike's injuries, how he got command of the ship, all sorts of little things like that.

I'd see it again.

don moore
05/10/2009, 10:05 PM
took the wife to it for Mothersday...hehe as a Trekie ..i enjoyed Bones role..as for the altered time lines ..good job .. the action was great. and the there was a Cardasian drink on the menu..hmm did think they knew them back then..but overall.. great film...Ive enjoyed j.j.Abrams films and they did a good one with this ..the drill thing was alittle wierd ..but HEY its sci-fi......ill go see it again..next week with my friend

Leah
05/13/2009, 03:50 PM
I went to see it May 8th at 7:30PM. The theater was full, even though there had already been three showings. When the movie ended, everyone clapped and cheered. Then, we all sat watching the credits, chatting about it and discussing what a great concept it was to start Star Trek all over again! A brand new time line. Then, when the credits were over, the screen went dark and the house light came up, we all got up and ambled out, reluctant to leave. Most incredible movie experience I've ever had. I can hardly wait for the second one. Apparently, there are already two more in the works. YAY!!!

CoastieCosta567
05/13/2009, 05:10 PM
dude, i loved Cloverfield, i saw it 2 times in the mocie theater and bought the movie, but i yet am to find some1 else that loved it or even liked it, till now, mmmmm makes me smile :grino: . Can't wait to go see the trek movie, might go tonight. Oh boy i'm exited now :bwgy:.

Bart

LittleBeast
05/13/2009, 06:31 PM
dude, i loved Cloverfield, i saw it 2 times in the mocie theater and bought the movie, but i yet am to find some1 else that loved it or even liked it, till now, mmmmm makes me smile :grino: . Can't wait to go see the trek movie, might go tonight. Oh boy i'm exited now :bwgy:.

Yeah I am not a Star Trek fan AT ALL, but I saw this new movie and really liked it, good movie :) Oh and I loved Cloverfield as well :bwgy:

Leah
05/14/2009, 09:10 PM
How many of us VXers loved Cloverfield? Is there some kind of genetic link between loving the VX and loving movies that are also out of the ordinary? Seriously. Brilliant movie. My daughter went to see it with her husband and they were both scared silly because they had never heard a thing about it. Not so much as a single ad!

don moore
05/15/2009, 08:09 AM
im waiting for cloverfield 2

kodiak
05/20/2009, 09:46 AM
Hahah! Yeah, Spocks Ship did sound like something out of Star Wars.:p

So I finally got to see Star Trek last night and I have to say, George Lucas did a pretty good job with his first Star Trek film!

kodiak
05/20/2009, 10:47 AM
It’s nice to see that stuff in a good movie for a change.:cool:

And the camera angles, and the lasers, and the R2D2, and Spock's ship design, and... I did like it though but man that galaxy far far away isn't that far anymore! It must have been from messing with the space/time continuum.

JHarris1385
05/20/2009, 02:12 PM
Was Cloverfield really that good? I have always been meaning to rent that.

Leah
05/20/2009, 08:41 PM
I enjoyed Cloverfield, but I warn you that if you have a motion-sickness sensitivity, you might not want to watch it. That's all I'm going to say about it.

Star Trek. I didn't know it was directed by Lucas. He really did a great job. I enjoyed everything about it. I can't wait to see it again and to buy it when it comes out on DVD.

Leah
05/21/2009, 09:17 AM
OMG Zeus! That is hilarious! But what caused the convulsions?

I'm laughing at myself too for not recalling that Abrahms directed Star Trek. (As if I even knew that in the first place.) Seriously though, I got a giggle out of your tongue-in-cheek about Trek Wars. That was a riot.

I never saw Cloverfield at the theater. I bought the movie and watched it at home with a friend who gets motion sickness easily and she had to keep closing her eyes, got nauseous and finished off with a fine headache. Needless to say, she is not a friend anymore.

Hahahaha I'm jesting, of course.

nfpgasmask
05/21/2009, 09:31 AM
Cloverfield ROCKED in the theater. Loved it.

Bart

Leah
05/21/2009, 08:39 PM
I feel guilty, but I'm laughing!

Ldub
05/22/2009, 02:49 AM
DUDE! You didn't even invite me?! Dub, put him in on the short list please!

LOL...not being much of a trekkie, it was sheer boredom that led me to this thread...:rolleyesg

Sorry Bro, you gotta start & keep your own set of lists...:laughgray

My brain isn't big enough to handle what I've got now...:smilewink

BTW, you have the lists cornfused...the LONG list is the one you don't wanna be on...:naughty:

nfpgasmask
05/28/2009, 10:45 AM
So, I finally got around to it last night. I'm glad I waited. The theater was barely a 1/4 full and everyone was quiet and considerate of the other movie goers. Thus, reminding me of why I wait a couple weeks to see movies in the theater and why I go on off days or in the mornings on weekends.

Now, as I said before, I am in no way a big Star Trek fan. But this movie was a joy to watch! Excellent story, great script, spot-on acting, superb character development, awesome F/X, big :thumbup:. It's such a shame the new Star Wars films were not this good.

Soon I will subject myself to the GIANT let-down that I am sure T4 will prove to be.

Bart

kodiak
05/28/2009, 01:40 PM
Glad you liked it! Yeah T4 might be a bit of a disappointment. Zeus and I went with some friends to the midnight show last week. It wasn’t bad but it definitely wasn’t as good as T2 ether.

nfpgasmask
05/28/2009, 02:22 PM
Yeah, go with high hopes and low expectations and you may enjoy it - I, personally, liked T$, I mean T4, but it is in no way as good as the 1st 2!

Yeah, T3 pretty much sucked however I did like it due to the fact that it kept true to the original story line and I LOVED the ending. The new fangled TBeotch in T3 was stupid though and Arnie looked like the Geezernator not a Terminator...but I went with it. T1 is still my fav and T2 is one of the greatest action films of all time...

Bart

kodiak
05/29/2009, 01:19 PM
Well I’m heading out to see “Drag Me to Hell” in about 15 minutes. I’ve been waiting a long time for a good Sam Raimi film.

nfpgasmask
05/29/2009, 01:59 PM
Well I’m heading out to see “Drag Me to Hell” in about 15 minutes. I’ve been waiting a long time for a good Sam Raimi film.

Definitely report back on that. While I thought the SpiderMan flicks were ok, he should definitely stick to horror.

Hail to King, Baby.

Bart

johnnyapollo
05/29/2009, 03:32 PM
I've now seen ST 2x - even better the second time! I actually loved the new Terminator movie as well.

-- John

Jolly Roger VX'er
05/29/2009, 10:06 PM
Thought Terminator movie was worth seeing. Definately better than T3.

I still remember when I saw the first Terminator for the first time...thought the movie was over after Kyle Reese shoved the dynamite into the tanker truck....ka-bluie...Kyle climbs out of fire-soaked dumpster & rushes to S-A-R-A-H Connnnner's aid...Au-nold leaps out of cab on fire...falls to ground...melting...(ready to get up & leave the theater when).....holy carp!!!! :eek:

kodiak
05/30/2009, 12:34 PM
Good movie! It had almost no CG and It stayed true to the evil dead II style of film making. The only thing I didn’t like, NO BRUCE CAMPBELL CAMEO!!! ;)

Definitely report back on that. While I thought the SpiderMan flicks were ok, he should definitely stick to horror.

Hail to King, Baby.

Bart

mrtew
06/02/2009, 05:34 PM
... The new fangled TBeotch in T3 was stupid though and Arnie looked like the Geezernator not a Terminator.....

Yeah it amazed me that he announced he was running for governor ONE MONTH after the movie was released and it was still at theaters when he won. I thought that was just freaky that such a goofball actor could win such a high office all at the same time but hey, it all worked out great. Except for the collapse of his state (which happened before the recession).

nfpgasmask
06/08/2009, 11:56 AM
T4 might be a bit of a disappointment.

THAT is an understatement.

Terminator Salvation was an atrocious cinematic disappointment.

My review (http://nfpgasmask.livejournal.com/72234.html)

Bart

snowtrooper1966
06/13/2009, 04:21 PM
Trek finnaly warped into my local theater.
Wow, it may just be the best film in the franchise yet!
In a really bad headspace right now with all the negative $h!t going on in my life, but I was almost able to forget about it for a few hours. That's saying ALOT!
Best,

SomeBeach
06/13/2009, 06:43 PM
I have a confession.... I am 50 years old and grew up with Star Trek BUT I have NEVER seen a single Star Trek episode or movie. NEVER! I may be the only one but have never seen Star Trek.
I'm just sayn

snowtrooper1966
06/13/2009, 06:53 PM
Now would be a great time. The film stands alone, with no prior knowledge.
Best,

SomeBeach
06/13/2009, 07:30 PM
I heard the movie was great. Think I'll break down and go see it. There goes my sprre of not watching Star Trek

mrtew
06/13/2009, 08:39 PM
I have a confession.... I am 50 years old and grew up with Star Trek BUT I have NEVER seen a single Star Trek episode or movie. NEVER! I may be the only one but have never seen Star Trek.
I'm just sayn

Doesn't sound like you grew up with Star Trek. Sounds like you grew up without it.

SomeBeach
06/14/2009, 06:04 AM
Hmmmmmmm....I guess you're right! It was all around me but I never watched it. I did get hit with a Vulcan death grip once (or something like that) I was so far removed from Star Trek that I thought Dr. Spock was a character.

Jolly Roger VX'er
06/15/2009, 12:05 AM
Hmmmmmmm....I guess you're right! It was all around me but I never watched it. I did get hit with a Vulcan death grip once (or something like that) I was so far removed from Star Trek that I thought Dr. Spock was a character.

My Dad was EXACTLY like you when it came to Star Trek...I got him & my Mom to go see it and they both liked it...Give it a whirl and report back to us on what you thought!

mrtew
06/15/2009, 03:11 AM
I still chuckle every time I see the title of this thread, "Best Star Trek Movie EVER". Talk about a "low bar" to clear. Even the best one was really pretty bad if you go back and watch it now. It would have to be pretty darn bad not to be the best EVER :-)