PDA

View Full Version : Wishing the 2009 Moab ZooZu Crew a safe and fun journey!

lasturbo
05/07/2009, 07:27 PM
Have a safe and fun journey gang!! Still bummed (and jealous) I could not make it this year but look forward to the pics when you all get back and post. I guess I will still be a rookie until I get a VX Moab trip under my belt. :bwgy:

pbkid
05/07/2009, 08:15 PM
thanks for the great wishes...cant wait to see the fam!!!

Marlin
05/07/2009, 08:45 PM
First near miss. About 400 miles into my trip, had a blowout on the trailer at 70mph. Saw the tire shred and it sucked in part of the fender along with it. Thanks to my super anal retentive packing and planning, I had a 13" pipe wrench and hammer in the ammo can on the roof of the VX so we were able to bend/bang the fender back out so the tire would fit.
It was a little after 7pm, we called the closest walmart, they offered to stay open late for us...200 bucks and 2 hours later, we were back on the road. Not a good start to a 2500 mile journey. Making good time though, drove 560 miles in a little over 9 hours, including stops. Very little traffic, made for good traveling.

See you all in a few days.

rowhard
05/07/2009, 08:57 PM
First near miss. About 400 miles into my trip, had a blowout on the trailer at 70mph. Saw the tire shred and it sucked in part of the fender along with it. Thanks to my super anal retentive packing and planning, I had a 13" pipe wrench and hammer in the ammo can on the roof of the VX so we were able to bend/bang the fender back out so the tire would fit.
It was a little after 7pm, we called the closest walmart, they offered to stay open late for us...200 bucks and 2 hours later, we were back on the road. Not a good start to a 2500 mile journey. Making good time though, drove 560 miles in a little over 9 hours, including stops. Very little traffic, made for good traveling.

See you all in a few days.

Be safe, looking forward to meeting you in SLC

Sprey
05/07/2009, 09:09 PM
Gee! some of you definitly have a long way to drive.
Over here you can go from the bottom of the north island to near in the top in around 9 or so hours.

Good luck with the trip and have fun !

BigSwede
05/08/2009, 06:21 AM
Heh, I expect to drive 14 hours tomorrow just to get to Denver. And I bet none of it is as interesting as NZ...Sunday gets more interesting scenically, 6 hours through the Rockie Mountains, into the desert, to Moab...:cool:

PittVXr
05/08/2009, 08:44 AM
Wishing everyone a safe journey to Moab. Bring back lots of pictures for the rest of us.

vt_maverick
05/08/2009, 08:58 AM
So jealous of those that can make this trip, especially those who are only a state or two away. Maybe sometime we could pick something in the middle of the country? Would definitely diminsh the burden on us east coast guys.

Of course the problem is that there's probably not a lot of offroading to be done in Kansas. :(

PittVXr
05/08/2009, 08:59 AM
Of course the problem is that there's probably not a lot of offroading to be done in Kansas. :(

We could always try to out race a tornado! :naughty:

nfpgasmask
05/08/2009, 09:09 AM
X2, safe travels everyone and have a blast in Moab. I'm sorry (read JEALOUS) I couldn't make it this year. :cryg: :cryg: :cryg: :cryg:

Bart

Moncha
05/08/2009, 09:34 AM
Thank you for the wishes. I hope everyone, even if you are not trekking to Moab stays safe. There will always be next year for those who can't make this year.

CrnCnn
05/08/2009, 10:30 AM
X2, safe travels everyone and have a blast in Moab. I'm sorry (read JEALOUS) I couldn't make it this year. :cryg: :cryg: :cryg: :cryg:

Bart

X10000

tomdietrying
05/08/2009, 11:01 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing old and new faces this year in Moab. Everyone have a safe trip to and from Moab. Scott Harness and I will be leaving Big "D" tomorrow morning at 6:00 a.m.
Peace.
Tom

Ldub
05/08/2009, 08:26 PM
Have a safe and fun journey gang!! Still bummed (and jealous) I could not make it this year but look forward to the pics when you all get back and post. I guess I will still be a rookie until I get a VX Moab trip under my belt. :bwgy:

Thanks Larry, wish you could join the Fam. this year.

Bart

You & the rest of the Reno VX Mafia are gonna be missed on the trails, & on the stoop...:sighwgray

Heh, I expect to drive 14 hours tomorrow just to get to Denver. And I bet none of it is as interesting as NZ...Sunday gets more interesting scenically, 6 hours through the Rockie Mountains, into the desert, to Moab...:cool:

Are you serious?

I've seen pics, & was even married to a Kiwi girl, once upon a time...:rolleyes:

Nebraska is easily as scenic as NZ...:rolleyesg...:laughgray

Everyone travel safe, see y'all in the cinnamon...:dance:

rowhard
05/08/2009, 08:55 PM
Thanks for the good vibs,

BART was really hoping to meet you so I could tell you how much I HATE THE M17-1A GAS MASK. You have to wear it for 12 hours at a time to understand. But then, we use to tell the young troops that the Russians wore their stuff for days and used real chemicals. Be prepared or be dead.

Maybe next time, maybe Hot August Nights.