PDA

View Full Version : BEST online parts finder, period.

LittleBeast
05/07/2009, 03:29 PM
I thought everyone must know about this site when I stumble onto it last week, but I guess not so here is the deal:

RockAuto.com

They have the best most comprehensive online part database I have ever seen. It cross references every possible replacement part and also shows what other cars also share this part by simply clicking on the part number, also if you click on the picture of the part it will give you a larger photo of each part. It tells you if a part was OEM or not and gives you the level of quality (heavy duty, etc). I was impressed that they showed 3 different options from 3 different companies on our front steering center link and a huge saving in price over our $200 OEM one at $120. I found it while trying to find the most options and best price for our PVC valves, lol. Everyone should check it out:

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php

circmand
05/07/2009, 03:44 PM
I am surprised you like them. They have the usual promise of everything have all makes models listed. I tried 20 different parts I needed between the VX and the JH and they didnt have 1 part. A complaint to them got a luke warm response that is was cheaper to list all vehicles made than the limited ones the carry parts for,

Knigh7s
05/07/2009, 04:40 PM
Yeah a post for them popped up awhile back. I tried ordering some things from them, and they just didn't have it in stock. gave up and moved on...

But I did find some parts for a diff vehicle from them...

Med!c
05/07/2009, 07:18 PM
So far i've had a good experience with them. Was able to buy brake caliper piston seals for all my Rodeo's brake calipers. Something I could not find anywhere else! the nice thing was, i may have paid 10 bucks tops for all of them.

LittleBeast
05/07/2009, 09:03 PM
Sorry I have no experience ordering from them I just like that they have a list with all part manufacturers and part numbers and what other vehicles share the same part this info alone is huge!

I am not ordering through them but because I found the part number for the cheapest center link (BECK/ARNLEY Part # 1014722) on their website I put that part number into Google and found that Amazon.com sells that part for $110 + free shipping. You could also search for that part on eBay alot more efficiently now that you have a few part numbers and manufacturers and other common vehicles that share the same part.